LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Looks like Molicare is replacing the Premium slips

sjaeger

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2019 at 8:00 PM, sjaeger said:

Looks like Molicare is replacing the Premium slips (4 taped) to Molicare premium Elastic (2 taped) at least in Australia

And try finding some of those in the land downunder...

The Independence Australia website store has, in what has to be one of the most striking examples of "Verschlimmbesserung" (google this if you don't know the word - it will be worth it) of the year, been completely re-designed rendering it at once inaccurate and confusing.  The Molicare premium slips have disappeared and been replaced with, drum-roll, nothing...  There are NO 10 drop all-in-one products available.  In fact, vast swathes of product are now illustrated inaccurately, or not at all.

The Hartmann Australia website (formerly the Molicare distributor) has been replaced with a new Molicare Australia website that similarly, carries pictures of the premium slips, but any attempts to find product details result in the product NOT appearing in drop-down boxes and broken image links on their (brand new!) website.

Molicare themselves make no mention of the replacement Molicare premium elastic on their Australian website.  Perhaps it's because of our relatively small market?  Nope.  I could get them in New Zealand easily enough...

Like most vendors, they seem to be re-orientating their business model toward getting on the NDIS government-funded gravy train rather than selling to customers.  I notice on my Independence Australia account, my login is now described as "self funded" and all my purchase history has been deleted.

Looks like I need to find a new supplier and possibly even a new brand.

24 minutes ago, oznl said:

And try finding some of those in the land downunder...

The Independence Australia website store has, in what has to be one of the most striking examples of "Verschlimmbesserung" (google this if you don't know the word - it will be worth it) of the year, been completely re-designed rendering it at once inaccurate and confusing.  The Molicare premium slips have disappeared and been replaced with, drum-roll, nothing...  There are NO 10 drop all-in-one products available.  In fact, vast swathes of product are now illustrated inaccurately, or not at all.

The Hartmann Australia website (formerly the Molicare distributor) has been replaced with a new Molicare Australia website that similarly, carries pictures of the premium slips, but any attempts to find product details result in the product NOT appearing in drop-down boxes and broken image links on their (brand new!) website.

Molicare themselves make no mention of the replacement Molicare premium elastic on their Australian website.  Perhaps it's because of our relatively small market?  Nope.  I could get them in New Zealand easily enough...

Like most vendors, they seem to be re-orientating their business model toward getting on the NDIS government-funded gravy train rather than selling to customers.  I notice on my Independence Australia account, my login is now described as "self funded" and all my purchase history has been deleted.

Looks like I need to find a new supplier and possibly even a new brand.

https://store.independenceaustralia.com/molicare-premium-elastic-10-d-slip-large-waist-115-145-cm-4200ml-15310250

• Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, sjaeger said:

lol thanks!  if you use their website to search all-in-one via vendor (Molicare) - it doesn't come up.  Looks like another one of the (many) breaks in their new website.

May YOU can find them on https://molicare.com.au/participant/#molicare-products  I couldn't.

I might try a pack with my next order to see if they will suffice as my weekend day-nappy although I'm wary about those side panels.

1 hour ago, oznl said:

lol thanks!  if you use their website to search all-in-one via vendor (Molicare) - it doesn't come up.  Looks like another one of the (many) breaks in their new website.

May YOU can find them on https://molicare.com.au/participant/#molicare-products  I couldn't.

I might try a pack with my next order to see if they will suffice as my weekend day-nappy although I'm wary about those side panels.

You can get free samples
https://samples.hartmann.com.au/ of them.

Also I have a friend that works in a nursing home that says

We use alll the two tabs at work.
It’s more equal pressure and stays up better.
On 11/15/2019 at 11:00 AM, sjaeger said:

Looks like Molicare is replacing the Premium slips (4 taped) to Molicare premium Elastic (2 taped) at least in Australia

•  

I can confirm this rumors for Germany too, but it looks like that only the "Premium" line is affected. I think this is some how logical, because there is not that big difference between the 4 and the 2 tape version of the Premium Slip despite of the fact that the 2 tape version is much easier to handle. Unfortunately Hartmann still use they're old  core design, what makes them very bulky and not really comfortable to wear. 

• 2 weeks later...

So I included a couple of bags of these with this month's nappy order.

On 12/6/2019 at 5:45 PM, sjaeger said:

Also I have a friend that works in a nursing home that says

We use alll the two tabs at work.
It’s more equal pressure and stays up better.

Yes, I agree with that.  I've been wearing one at home since this morning as my "day nappy" and although at 3:30pm, it's been on 6 hours and is reasonably wet, it's markedly staying up around me better than the old Molicare although as I wear plastics and a compression pant, this was probably already somewhat taken care of.

On the downside, it has very slightly leaked.  It's more like wearing a belted pad than an actual adult nappy.  The padding across the crotch isn't every wide and there is only an elastic belt going around each hip.  As I've been sitting down working all day, most wetting has occurred in a sitting position.  I've stood up to discover that there are damp patches in my plastic pants at the front of each thigh to the point where the elastics on my waterproofs are damp.  It seems that some pee has simply escaped into my waterproofs through openings between the padded crotch area and the "belt" that secures it.

Normally for a day nappy, I'd be able to stay in it until a change around 5pm.  I'm not sure this one will go that distance despite being a "10 drop" product.  It's not the padding that is the problem, it's the shape.

I suspect this product is aimed more at carers than wearers...

So I've been using these as my "day" nappy (I'm off work for Christmas) since last Friday.  I actually haven't had any further leaks but to be honest, with the heat and humidity, I don't think I'm actually peeing in them very much.

They continue to stay up a LOT better but as @mick_dl has mentioned, it's still the Hartmann core.  This means that after a day of yard work, I still hit my afternoon change to discover I'm wearing a plastic bag with a ball of wet, disintegrated padding collected at the bottom but a plastic bag that does a better job remaining on my hips and hugging my crotch.  I've decided they're not so bad but I wish they had a little wider coverage at my crotch.