LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New to taped diapers :'(

Hi all

Finally had a full continence assesment the other week and been told to goto taped diapers/nappies as pull ups dont fit my body shape.

I was sent out samples of abena abriform l2 large by the nurse but find Molicare more comfortable but I am not sure as Molicare is going to molicare premium elastic (2tape) and discontinuing the premium slips (4tape).

Well I am currently in pull ups until I goto respite for nearly 2 weeks next thursday and ordered my first shipment of diapers (abena) as I am not confidnet as well as they will help me learn how to do it myself as well as personal care as starting 2 lots opf laxitives at respite as well incase of bowel incidents (terrified of any bowel accidents but think I will be on this combination for a least awhile as bad constipation due to nerve issues and pain meds) as been prescribe 2 satchels of Movical daily and 2x 5mg biscodyl 3 times a week. Should I get plastic pants as all diapers in Australia are cloth backed and i tend to occassionally flood,

Thanks
1 hour ago, sjaeger said:
Hi all

Finally had a full continence assesment the other week and been told to goto taped diapers/nappies as pull ups dont fit my body shape.

I was sent out samples of abena abriform l2 large by the nurse but find Molicare more comfortable but I am not sure as Molicare is going to molicare premium elastic (2tape) and discontinuing the premium slips (4tape).

Well I am currently in pull ups until I goto respite for nearly 2 weeks next thursday and ordered my first shipment of diapers (abena) as I am not confidnet as well as they will help me learn how to do it myself as well as personal care as starting 2 lots opf laxitives at respite as well incase of bowel incidents (terrified of any bowel accidents but think I will be on this combination for a least awhile as bad constipation due to nerve issues and pain meds) as been prescribe 2 satchels of Movical daily and 2x 5mg biscodyl 3 times a week. Should I get plastic pants as all diapers in Australia are cloth backed and i tend to occassionally flood,

Thanks

I wear net fixing pants over my nappies they keep them in place and really help keep leaks to a minimum I wear plastic pants as well just to be sure. My nappies are Tena Slip Maxis with tena net pants and Drylife plastic pants 

• 6 months later...

When I was a teenager/young adult, going from pull ups to tape on's was a bit of a shock for me. And it took some learning and trial and error for me to learn how to put on the tape on's. I still wear them even now at 34 years as the pull ups don't work at all even the best ones that money could ever buy.

So, to put on a tape on with multiple tapes. First of all, if the diaper has a tape landing zone, you will have the ideal diaper as you will be able to adjust the tapes for a much better fit. Other diapers that doesn't have the landing zone's are a different thing as you only have one shot at it. Two if you count the second chance tapes. Which I try to get those right in the first go as you HAVE to get them right in the first go. Because without the landing zone for the tapes, you don't have much of a chance to make the final adjustments without ripping the plastic backing and such.

With all of this in mind, On single tape solutions, I just tape the left first and the Right. Two tape solutions, I tape the bottom tapes first and the top tapes last. On three tape solutions, I go and tape the middle tapes first and I do the bottom and the top tapes.

Also one more thing if you are a guy is to point it down as it will help you help the diaper keep the leaking out in.

Hope this helps!

Sorry to hear you have to wear 24/7, Dealing with incontinence does get easier over time, just remember you are not alone and we are all here to help and support each other. 

You will find taped diapers work way better then pull ups and are easier and quicker to change as you no longer need to remove your pants to change, it wont take long to get the taping down pat and putting on a diaper will become second nature.

I would recommend getting samples of different premium diapers as there is a bit of trial and error in finding a diaper that will work best for you.

Recommended diapers (that have proven to work well for managing my OAB) you may have to order online 

Betterdry  (My diaper of choice ) 

Forsite AM/PM 

Incontrol Elite Hybrid Adult Incontinence Briefs

Tykables Cammies (For a change of pace from plain white medical diapers :) )  they are the most adult looking printed diaper ai have tried

I also recommend Tykables  plain coloured onesies to help hide your diaper when you bend or stretch they look like regular shirts and you do t have to worry about your shirt riding up and exposing your diaper.  Before I started to wear a onesie the funniest exposure was in a Tim Hortons line my sister inlaw came out of the bathroom passed behind me and pulled my shirt back down over with out slowing down :)