LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Experiences Telling People - What Are Yours?

I've noticed, that a lot of people with even some of the most troubling fetishes will respond to this sort of thing very negatively. I can cite two of my girlfriends, and a couple of friends. One of my girlfriends, was into autoerotic asphyxiation, but apparently my wearing diapers was a sign that I was truly depraved, and in need of serious help. Another... had a bloodletting fetish (which I thought was a bit dangerous as well), and her reaction was in general more favorable, but she didn't understand that it was non-sexual for me, she seemed to think that it was something I should never take outside of erotic play. Another of my girlfriends, didn't have a fetish at all, and was quite willing to try it. (What the fuck?)

One of my friends, made fun of me incessantly over it. I think he thought it was a joke.

Another, she just laughed and moved on.

The whole thing seems very uneven. Telling people about diapers and about... gender issues is a different thing entirely as well.

One person responded favorably to telling them about gender issues, but rejected the diapers...

Another, one of the girlfriends who responded well to the diapers, was totally against gender issues.

This leads me to believe that we're not really at a point as a society where people can understand other people, and some people are still complaining that it's TOO politically correct.

Strange.

I've had one *bad* experience. I told a GF that I was into diapers, and it got used against me after the relationship ended. I'm still not sure if she told people at my work place, as we worked together, although no-one has said anything. There were some people that acted strangely after the GF and me split though. I got hints, like "no one believed anything she said by the time she left" because she was a bit of a bunny boiler.

I've not told anyone else that I like diapers, apart from people on here, or other fetish forums. A couple of my friends know I'm into watersports, and "like a bit of kink" in the bedroom, but apart from that, my relationships are few and far between, so it just hasn't arisen very many times as a discussable topic since the "bunny boiler" thing...

i guess i was lucky first person i told was a girl i was in love with she made a deal with me that if i told her my 3 biggest secrets she would tell me something and i really wanted to tell her but i was so afraid cause i loved her and was hoping one day she would be my girlfriend and if most people tell there girlfriends that the relationship dont last much longer but i did it and then 2 months later guess what... she said she loved me so everything went great sadly she doesnt want anything to do with it but she is fine with me being into it im thinking of telling my best friend lol i just wanna see what he will say im just a little worried that he will think differently about me but i think it will be fine he trust me more then his girlfriend lol and im the only person he has ever told that he was bi

i have told all of my close friends and without exception they have accepted it and just mooved on... it came up in a game of truth or dare some years ago, the question was what objects if any do you use to aid masturbation? (we already knew that we all masturbate...) the situation is now that im living with a few of them and they dont care so long as i dont stink out the place with messy nappies.

i think an apropriate quote is from the genious that is Dr. zeus "be who you are and say how you feel, because those who matter dont care, and those who care dont matter."

Hah, reminds me of a couple of years ago. We were playing a game where someone says: "I've never done before." And if you have, you have to drink. Well anyway, someone said: "I've never used a bottle to masturbate." And I drank, people around me were quite dumbfounded but well, since then they knew I was quite weird.

Anyway, a lot of my friends know I wear diapers by now, and they don't really have problems with it. One of my exes scolded me for being too extreme though, but what do I care, if that's her opinion then that's her problem.

Lets see the first person I told was my gf. It went well at first I guess she said she was ok with it and what not till i actually started wearing diapers around the house. The kicker is she didnt disaprove of it she just found it highly offensive. She almost took it as I was cheating on her. We are still together but not living together anymore I only hope she becomes a little more accepting of it later on. I dont mind if she doesnt want to participate cause its not her bag but on the flip side there is no need to feel offended, Specially when im not offended by her kinks and sexual habbits

I've told three people: First my wife (though at the time she was just my fiancee), which I kind of bollixed up by being really shame-filled when I told her about it. She never had a problem with diapers, per se, but she found it disturbing that I was so negative about it, figuring I wouldn't be so ashamed if there weren't something creepy that I wasn't telling her. She said later that if I'd just said "Hey, I have a kinky fantasy--I like to wear diapers and act like a baby," she would have thought it was kind of hilarious, but been totally game. And she's great with it now, but for the first few years after I told her it, created some tension.

Years later I told my best friend, who found it interesting and cool, but otherwise didn't care a bit. And I also told a therapist I saw for a while--no negative reaction at all there either.

I've never told anyone else, though I do have a short list in my head of people I would tell if they asked. One of them, I think, may have figured it out, but she's too polite to say anything about it, if so. Another friend of mine is a sex educator, and I think I might discuss it with her if the subject ever comes up. She does know I have a kink, but I've never told her which one.

(I'm not counting people here that I met as an adult baby, and then later told them my real name. There are a half dozen or so of those.)

I told my girlfriend when i was back home recently. Well she was my ex at the time...

Approximate Scenario:

Here's a brief history: This girl is my best friend, we dated for a year in highschool, And I'm not just saying she's my best friend. She actually is, she's been my neighbor all my life. I love her with all my heart and I would do anything for her.

After all these years of knowing me, she never knew that I secretly wore diapers or that my closet is full of mini safes packed with diapers. The one time she I almost thought I got caught was when I had changed out of one and my room still smelled of baby powder, and she came over 10 minutes after I got dressed in regular clothes. She walked into my room and after a couple minutes she was like "what smells so good?" I didn't know what she was talking about then she was like "It smells like baby powder." and my face got red and I was like "I have no idea what you're talking about but whatever, I don't smell anything I have a cold." Then I faked a sniffle.

She came over to visit me cuz I was back from college for labor day, and we hung out for the weekend. When we chill at my house it usually consists of me laying on my bed watching tv, or playing guitar and her sitting on my computer on her facebook/myspace/aim etc. (sounds fun right? well we have fun!)

Well she picked a hell of a day to miss the 'f' key and hit 'd' in my address bar, because I didn't clear my internet history from earlier that day (woops)

Ugh, so I'm sitting there watching next on mtv on my bed when I hear

"Uhh Matt, what the hell is [That site].com? dailydiapers.com? what the hell!"

This is where I have a mini panic attack, and almost seriously die. I didn't think I could really lie my way out of this one, but I had to atleast try.

me: "Remember when I sent sam(her little brother) an adult diaper a couple weeks ago?"

(I usually sent my friends adult diapers from hdis to be funny and to make it seem like I just didn't get them. It was sort of my way to cover myself up haha.)

her: "What? why would you have to go to a story site...oh my god"

me: "Well I don't honestly remember the link to the free sample site by heart, I had to go through a couple sites to get there."

(Which is sort of true cuz [That site] has it on his link page.)

I then preceeded to show her it on the link page.

her: "Matt, I mean I'd probably believe you if you didn't bring diapers up do much. You bring up diapers all the time, like when Max pissed his pants at my party and passed out then you joked with me that we should put a diaper on him."

me: "HOW DOES THAT MEAN I LIKE THEM!"

her: "haha well I don't know. I'm just playing with you jeez don't get so mad."

Ok I think she sorta believed me at this point, but not really. She just didn't feel like arguing. Which is weird cuz girls love to argue...

Well now that she sort of scared me out of my skin, and I knew how this would be her reaction if I ever told. I told her, I told her everything. She could not keep a straight face the whole time, she was laughing at me for a good 10 minutes.

She kept saying the same 2 things "are you serious!?" "I KNEW IT!" continued by infinite laughs. I calmed her down, then she just started to talk to me again, occasionally laughing a little bit. It was such a killer to my nerves, my heart was pumping insanely like a drum. I told her she could never tell anyone or I'd never ever talk to her again, kill her first born etc. She said as long as I didn't ask her to put a diaper on me or anything, she doesn't care.

Ok but now, she brings it up every day on the phone, she makes fun of me all the time!

Or like when we went to the store to pick up sandwich trays for her mom's labor day party, I went off to grab some chips while she was in the liquor aisle with the cart. I come back and there's a package of huggies in the cart.

me: "what the heck!!!"

her: "What? What Matt what?"

me: "You're effin hilarious, and you got the wrong size anyways!"

(we didn't buy them btw)

I don't think I've ever seen her laugh so much in my life.

Ok then like after this, we get into her car and we're driving by a daycare and she thinks it'd be the funniest thing if she pulled in.

me: "I hate you so much"

her: "you better go to school"

This brings her more laughter. She pulls around and to the exit, there's a huge line of traffic and we need to take a left

me: "hahahaha that's what you get!"

her: "you just had to tell me your secrets!"

me "traffic is my fault eh?"

her: "yes."

me: "you love me"

her: "if I didn't love you, I would have left your house the other night when you told me."

Ok I don't know if it's a good thing that I told her, cuz she constantly rips on me. She leaves me comments on myspace with pictures of diapers and pacifiers. I had to set my comments to be approved now! She seems to be having a good time with it. As long as she doesn't tell anyone I don't care. So I guess like telling her wasn't that bad. I wouldn't exactly go out and tell anyone else though. It just seems weird that now someone outside of the internet knows my secret.

This all happened over Labor Day weekend. We're going out again and she's going to school about an hour and a half from me now.

I actually think she sorta feels closer to me now. Now that she knows something no one else does, and that I told her myself(sorta). Like just getting off the phone with her, she'll talk a fricken air off. I had to set up my nights and weekends to start at 6 instead of 7, and I had to spring for unlimited text messages cuz she likes when I send her texts every morning for her to wake up to. I was quite surprised, we talked for 2 and a half hours and she didn't bring diapers up until the end of the conversation. She ended the conversation with "Hey Matt, have a goodnight....and a dry morning" proceeded by laughter.

haha I don't mind that she makes fun of me for it, I just don't want her to like slip in front of my parents or any of our friends.

I've only told one person in my life, my GF, now fiance. Shortly after joining this site and reading many of the threads, I was convinced that before things got too serious, telling her was the right thing to do. It was a very, very hard thing to discuss with her (and still is sometimes) as I had lived with this secret for over 30 years. I won't go into details as I have told this story many times before, about a year ago, but I will say, I've never been happier and I owe much of that happiness to this site and its members. ^_^

My overall experiences with telling past girlfriends has been quite positive. But I never approached this sort of a thing from a perspective of fearing LOSS. Then again-I was not drawing on a pool of largely mundane women-most were kinky to begin with.

This was one major reason that I got into D/s BDSM years ago. If you really take the time to look past the fetish aspect-there are deeper drives that motivate a submissive woman who desires to submit in an AB/DL sort of relationship. The excitement of yielding to control-the feelings of total acceptance. I do very much understand why so many women you find are not terribly much interested in caring for a guy in diapers.

Let's face it-that's what THEY want to be-the center of attention. So it comes down to the pieces fitting together properly-Yin and Yang.

No fit-no chemistry-and it falls flat. But I have found that if one knows the key-things that did not once fit-can be made to.

What it takes is the knowing of nuture and nurture-and the ability to LISTEN and key into what is not being said overtly.

Told my best friend and he threatend to tell everyone about it unless i stopped. good thing he did or else i would never have found out i really wanted to be a dady.