LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wheelchair challenge

Most properly everyone here has heard of the wheelchair challenge that is normally used by schools or collages to make students aware of others with disabilities.So I have been put into a situation to take part in one because of a friend that is a paraplegic,We visited him yesterday evening and after a few drinks my wife as a joke told him that I want to see how it is to be in a wheelchair for a few days,So he challenge me to last over the weekend not using my legs to get around.Me with my big mouth told him bring it on but not only the weekend but for the next two weeks.As of this morning I am using one of his old wheelchairs to get around and since wt got home last night I am in diapers of witch in this case my wife approves off as she has to make sure I don't cheat and get out and walk around and use the toilet as I normally would.the next 2 weeks will be very intresting to me and my wife,I hope she will at least play a long a bit.For everyday I last in this challenge I will donate a 100$ to one of the local rehabilitation centers

• Thanks 1

Well, diapers are OK in your case, but remind the wife that just because a person is in a wheelchair doesn't mean they don't use a toilet!  The people I know who are in wheelchairs always use the toilet, even though they have no use of their legs.  At least if your wife doesn't let you use the toilet, I hope you are enjoying her changing all your diapers for you!

So far this has been an eye opening experiance for me.It is hard to be confined to a wheelchair not to be able to everything you are used to doing.As for wearing of diapers 24/7 my friend has suggested that I wear a condom catherter and a leg or belly bag,my wife said that she will get me some today.She is actually being a really good sport about this whole thing.

On 9/23/2019 at 1:07 PM, rusty pins said:

Well, diapers are OK in your case, but remind the wife that just because a person is in a wheelchair doesn't mean they don't use a toilet!  The people I know who are in wheelchairs always use the toilet, even though they have no use of their legs.

Well, obviously some people who use wheelchairs are in diapers... and probably a higher proportion of them than of non-wheelchair users, given mobility and continence issues can often go together. But I know a lot of people with disabilities get offended if people assume they wear diapers or can't use the toilet normally.

I've been in a wheelchair since my burns in April 1990.  For the first 5 years I had bowel issues and was only made to wear diapers during my time in hospital and once at camp when I was 14.  I was in foster care starting at 13 and logiclly I should have been diapered but with other kids around I wasn't about to ask or force it.

Fast forward to about 5 or so years ago when they upped my morning diuretic a friend of mine who is a nurse mentioned a "tube' or catheter.  I was like HELL NO.  First of all, I hated using those things after surgeries.  Just hated it.  Secondly I have sensation down there, you can stick that tube somewhere else-the trash.  She asked so are you just gonna piss yourself?  It hasn't been an issue, just increased urination for a few hours during day.

One week in and this has really opened my eyes to what those in wheelchairs have to go through everyday of there lives.At the moment with my wives family over the Jewish new year at least here I can get out of the house with no one regonizing me and asking questions.Now I can see how hard it is to get around outside the house as well.As for the toileting a condom cath and a leg bag during the day and a nice thick diaper at night as for pooping the toilet her is big enough to get my chair next to the toilet and slide on and use it ,at my home well in a diaper.When we get back to Eilat my wife has promised me that she will speak to one of her nursing friends to fit me with a foley cath. for the rest of the week.I really want to try one.