LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

49 minutes ago, Les Lea said:

Karma... I don't think Nan believes in all that mumbo jumbo she's far too practical... although it's true... something has got to happen but will it be Nan who does it? :unsure:

I hope nan true gets what she deserves but after more babying of Paul and Johnny to proper diaper and baby clothes rsrs 

Jonny – part 7

Monday morning and the portents were good. Jonny’s bulky sleepwear was dry and he hoped this one fact would mean his school-wear would return to normal. He was already thinking which briefs he’d slip into when Nan came to get them up. Paul hadn’t been so lucky, he was soaked so she sent him to the bathroom to take a shower and then she’d help get him organised.

Earlier Jonny had mentioned to his mother that when Nan got them set for bed the protection was too thick. Theresa had asked if it stopped him sleeping but of course she knew it hadn’t. However, she did take up the point with Gwen on her son’s behalf.

Gwen admitted that she did make sure the boys were very well-padded at night as she pointed out it was the time when neither were conscious of what was going on. She hoped that by making sure there was little chance of drips, dribbles or leakages, the boys would be less likely to be embarrassed than if they had wet bedding. However, she was happy to cut back if Theresa or Tom thought she was being a little overprotective.

Theresa thought about it and remembered how wet Jonny used to get when he’d had the problem before. She wished he was back to damp-free nights but Gwen was right, until they could sort it out, and both lads needed such nocturnal help, then it was probably best to leave things as they were.

Theresa came in, checked her son and was pleased he’d had a dry night.

“Ohhh thank heavens for that.” She smiled a reassuring smile. “Let’s hope we have no further relapses eh?”

“This is good though right? I mean, I’m dry so maybe it was just a one-off accident eh?”

Jonny tried to sound optimistic.

“Well sweetie, I’m pleased for you of course but we both know it wasn’t a one-off so, I think we still have to be certain before we go back to how things were.”

“But mum...”

“Now then Jonny, we made an agreement last night and I intend to keep it but, if you want to go back on that then perhaps we should think again about...”

“No, no.” Jonny quickly interrupted. Thinking of having to return to school wearing a nappy the size that Nan would want to put him in. “I’m happy with what we decided.”

Paul and Nan walked back into the room. There was no doubt about the thick protection he was wearing under his shorts but didn’t seem worried by it at all. Nan had told him that now Jonny had to wear them, they were like twins, which had the youngster beaming from ear to ear. Jonny was definite... he didn’t want his ‘underwear’ to look that large.

“Okay mum,” he said so Nan would know not to get involved, “can you help me with what we decided please?”

He’d carefully laid out the protection that Gemma had organised from the day before and, after his morning bathroom break, seemed at ease slipping into this more slinky protection. Despite him worrying about the glossy pink plastic the thing looked pretty good once snapped on him, even his mother commented. 

“They really do something for you,” She smirked. “Maybe pink is your colour after all.”

He could see she was having fun at his expense but checked in the mirror just in case. He had to agree that with the silver snaps down the side, they presented a very stylish pair of vinyl pants. He wondered if it had been Gemma who had chosen them for Paul, he doubted if it would have been Nan, or even his mother. She also made sure everything was tucked in and covered as it should be but again warned him that she didn’t think there was enough padding.

“I’m sure it’ll be okay.” He checked himself in the mirror again and the slinky smoothness and lack of bulk was actually a relief from what he’d been wearing over the past couple of days. “I think it will be a dry day.”

“I hope so sweetie.”

Nan poked her head around the corner shook it but said nothing.

Theresa watched as he completed dressing, pulling up a clean pair of trousers over the slippery pink plastic. Obsessed, he searched the mirror for any tell-tale signs of padding but was pleased to see it was all at an absolute minimum and that anyone would have to know he was wearing to be certain.

“Okay darling, you look smart and prepared. However, I want you to take this with you as a precaution.”

She held out a disposable.

“Muuuummmm... I won’t need that... I...”

“Let’s hope not.” She said as she shoved it in his school bag. “I just want to be sure should you need it that you have something you can use.”

She could see him all flustered and annoyed but she wasn’t going to give in.

“Don’t be angry. Let’s be positive and hope you don’t need it but it’s there just in case.”

Reluctantly, he could see she wasn’t going to cave so let her get on with it.

#

Walking to school with Gemma Jonny confessed that he was wearing the protection that she’d put him in the day before.

“Does it feel much different?” She enquired

“It feels incredibly tight but I couldn’t see any shape that looked like padding when I put my pants on this morning.”

“No... I can’t tell either.” She even patted his bottom and said, “I can feel the plastic... only cos I know it’s there... but otherwise...”

Jonny felt relieved. He’d gone without breakfast just so he wouldn’t have too much liquid to deal with and was confident he could last and get to the boy’s toilets if he had to go.

However, in the middle of a history lesson, at 11.35, and with twenty five minutes to go before lunch break, he felt the first spurt of involuntary pee soak into his padding. He shuffled around trying to get into a more comfortable position when the second unwelcome spurt warmed his groin. He stopped concentrating on what the teachers was saying and tried simply to stop any further discharges but his mind was filled with other images.

He knew the teacher wouldn’t let him go to the toilet but raised his hand and hoped.

“Please Miss can I please go to the toilet?”

“Is it an emergency Jonny?”

“Yes Miss.”

“Okay, go but don’t take too long... this is an important bit of...”

“Thanks Miss.” He swiftly got up from his seat glad there was no stain on his trousers but before he reached the door a third and longer lasting spurt proved too much. Thankfully he was out and into the corridor so none of his classmates saw but the headmistress just happened to be passing.

Her sudden appearance was too much of a shock and he could hold on no longer. His bladder gave way, the plastic pants although waterproof were not watertight and trickles appeared down both legs painting his trousers in a dark shade of grey.

#

Seeing the ten year-old's distress, the headmistress calmly took hold of Jonny’s hand and guided him towards her office. On the short trip he was astonished to see just how wet his pants were. He had been sure that the plastic pants would have held any flood but once again, had been proved wrong.

“It’s Jonathan Wilkinson isn’t it?” The headmistress was speaking soft and soothingly though he was surprised she knew his name.

“Jonny Miss.”

She guided him into her office.

“Have you had an accident like this before Jonny?”

He didn’t want to admit it but knew that if she called home and he’d lied, there would be trouble.

“Just this weekend Miss...” he said with some embarrassment.

“Oh, I see.”

He thought he’d better tell her the truth. “I’m wearing some protection Miss but it didn’t seem to work.”

Now the tears of humiliation came he raised an arm across his eyes to try and prevent her from seeing him so upset.

“Don’t worry Jonny... it’s only a little accident.” She smiled as she handed him a tissue. “Now, do you have a replacement?”

He told her about the spare disposable in his bag.

“You have a sister here don’t you?”

He nodded “Gemma, she’s in the same class as me.”

“Would you like me to get her?”

He wasn’t sure he did. Part of him wanted a friendly face but another part of him was just too embarrassed to have wet in front of the Head. What he actually wanted was to be out of his wet pants they were stuck to his legs and very uncomfortable.

The headmistress could see him wriggling uncomfortably so told him to stay where he was and she’d go and collect his bag from the classroom.

#

As he sat waiting her return his thoughts turned to the events of the last few days and couldn’t believe what had happened. Before, inspired by that freaky naked dream, he only wet at night but now, it just flooded out at random times. He was confused but more so, found it very distressing, which in turn seemed to make him pee more erratically.

He knew that was true because another unwanted spurt of pee added to his thin saturated nappy and he could feel it dribble around his bum. He stood up as he didn’t want to wet the headmistress’s chair, this only added to the trickle down the back of his legs.

He remembered when he’d started wetting the bed in the first place and for how long he had to wear a nappy at night. He also recollected when he stopped wetting whilst on holiday and the triumph he felt that he didn’t have to wear any more padding. It had taken him a week or more to get used to not having that cushion between his legs. He missed it... to begin with... but eventually the restless nights went the same way as the nappy.

Then another thought hit him. It was what Gemma had said about wanting to wear a nappy because Paul was wearing one. On the odd occasion he’d gone to bed at the same time as his younger brother, and seen him climb under the covers thickly padded and wearing plastic protection, which of course Jonny then didn’t, it had made him slightly envious. Not that he thought about returning to wearing night time protection but... well... he seemed so snug, especially if Nan or mum tucked him in and kissed him goodnight. He’d got to the stage where, at his age, he thought that being kissed goodnight was for kids and so he should avoid it at all costs. Still, it was nice when it happened and he could always pretend not to like it.

Perhaps weirdly though, he never gave much thought to the fact these days Paul was more or less constantly wearing a nappy. In fact, during the day, when he was running around only wearing his padding, Jonny never particularly noticed. Everything had become so normal and natural... a boy in a nappy was just that... and accepted.

#

The warm pee had cooled and he sincerely wished to be out of his soaked and clinging pants. However, over time Nan had insisted that the changing of nappies should only be done by adults to make sure the ‘complicated’ technique was done correctly. It had been instilled in the boys to tell an adult if they were wet and they would be swiftly changed but not to try the procedure themselves. It was implied that they would be doomed to fail if they tried, and when they had tried they had failed, so it was natural just to wait for a grown-up to do the job properly.

These thoughts were still in his head when the headmistress arrived back with both his school bag and Gemma.

“Oh poor Jonny,” His sister was never less than supportive and went and hugged him.

“I’ve brought your sister so that you can go home together. She says you don’t live far away and that you normally walk to school together anyway so... she’ll accompany you home after I’ve called to make sure there is someone there.

“Nan will be in I’m sure.” Gemma piped up.

“That will be fine but before I call her, I think we need to get you out of those wet pants.”

“I can help Miss, I help out at home with my brothers...” Gemma suddenly realised that she was further embarrassing Jonny and stumbled in her speech. “Erm, if you want me to, er, ummm...”

“Well that’s very nice of you Gemma,” the headmistress smiled, “but I’m sure I can manage.” And guided Jonny into a small room at the back of her office which was were any pupils who fell ill could rest, or have cuts and bruises attended to.

“Right Mr Wilkinson,” she pointed to his wet pants, “get those off and,” she rooted in his bag for the disposable, “let’s get you into something a bit drier.”

He was shy and reluctant to drop his pants in front of a stranger but knew that if he didn’t he’d no doubt be in worse trouble... and she was an adult which Nan insisted on. Besides he didn’t want people to see the wet stains down the legs and round the back of his grey trousers.

“C’mon, c’mon don’t dawdle.”

She pushed him back on a low table, pulled off his shoes and helped undo the waistband. She hauled down his trousers; her eyebrows rose at the sight of the shiny pink plastic and thin terry nappy, but didn’t comment. She undid the snaps down the sides and then unpinned the soaked material. Grabbing a small towel she wiped him down, cleaned the area with a couple of wet wipes and then fluffed out the new disposable.

“This should be better at containing everything.” She didn’t expand on that but sprinkled a load of powder onto the area before closing the tapes tightly around him.

Of course this wasn’t a regular thing for the Head to have to do with a ten year-old pupil but it wasn’t unknown either. Her own eight year-old daughter still occasionally wet the bed so she’d had plenty of practice. However, with the amount of urine the poor boy had produced he really needed a lot thicker protection than what he’d been wearing.

The tight plastic snap-ons wouldn’t fit around the bulky disposable and Jonny began to wonder if he’d have to go home just as he was.

Meanwhile, the headmistress had gone to a box and began searching through it.

“I think we might have something for you to... yes here we are.” She seemed pleased she’d found an old pair of white soccer shorts that had obviously belonged to a much older boy once upon a time. “These should do.”

She passed them to him and he reluctantly pulled them up over his disposable. They were made from a thin polyester and hung loose and low on his hips.

She guided him back into the main office where Gemma was sitting quietly.

“Oh, you must be glad to get out of those wet pants.” Again she was supportive but there was a slight furrow to her brow on seeing just how bulky the nappy looked compared to the one he’d had on earlier.

The headmistress put his wet clothes into a plastic bag and pushed them into his school bag.

“Remember to let your mother know to wash these... and please bring the shorts back tomorrow. Now let’s call home.”

#

Nan had offered to come to the school to pick them up but Gemma said that they could manage the few hundred yards on their own and that they’d be home soon.

The headmistress spoke to Nan, who took the opportunity to fill her in on all of Jonny’s problems and had agreed that in future, if this problem persisted, he should wear much thicker protection. Nan had agreed entirely with the headmistress’s assessment and promised it wouldn’t happen again.

Whilst the Head was chatting on the phone Gemma spoke to Jonny and asked if he was okay. Unfortunately tears of embarrassment weren’t far away. Although the thin football shorts fitted over the thick disposable, it did nothing to hide the fact of what he was wearing underneath. Through the sheer material you could make out the blue wet indicator lines, which gave the game away.

Gemma actually liked the slippery bulkiness of the disposable with its slight plastic crinkle as he moved. She also thought it suited him but knew that’s not what her brother would want to hear. Instead she promised that it didn’t look too bad but the truth was anyone who saw him in the school yard or walking home would be able to tell instantly that this ten year-old was wearing a nappy... and that’s what Jonny was apprehensive about.

As they walked from the school yard the lunch bell rang and the area was packed with noisy kids enjoying the warm weather. Loads saw what he was wearing and there was some laughter and pointing as they exited through the gates.

#

When they arrived home Nan was waiting. Jonny was nervous she’d tell him off but instead was all sympathy and hugs. She called him her sweet boy and rocked him when tears started again. Not only that, he wet his disposable whilst still in her smothering, but loving, embrace.

“You haven’t to worry sweetheart,” she said rocking him in her arms. “We’ve been down this road before, we know what to do.” He didn’t realise but Nan was speaking to him as if he was Paul. “Nobody is blaming you so don’t worry about a thing... all will be okay... you’ll see.”

She patted his disposable and immediately knew he’d peed again. Jonny had no idea where all this warm liquid was coming from. He’d hardly had a drink all day but then remembered, whilst the headmistress had been talking to Nan, Gemma had retrieved a bottle of water from his bag that mum must have put there when she added the disposable. He’d already had a few swigs from it at break time and finished it off in the Heads study. What he didn’t know was that it was a bottle Nan added to his bag just before he left that morning.

#

“Are you guys hungry?” Nan queried, “I can make something quick like beans on toast before you go back to school.”

Jonny sighed inwardly but nodded his approval. Though, returning to school was the last thing he wanted because he’d have to explain things to his classmates.

He sat in his damp nappy and ate the snack (he loved beans on toast) all the while Gemma was being positive as Nan sorted out the washing. She’d made him remove the shorts so she could put that in with the rest of the wash when she noticed that the indicator strip on his disposable... the boy was definitely soaked.

Once they’d finished lunch she took Jonny upstairs to get him changed. She removed the disposable and commented that he was indeed a very wet boy... was he becoming “Aquaman”? She joked as she’d seen him (or Paul she wasn’t sure which) reading a comic with that character on the front.

She was trying to keep the situation light, and wondered, as she wiped and cleaned-up, whether she’d be able to find some pjs or pants or something with the Aquaman character. She thought this might be both an appropriate and amusing present for the watery duo.

Meanwhile, she knew what he’d worn in the morning was not substantial enough to protect him and now it was her turn to dress him properly.

On the firm instruction from the headmistress Nan made sure that he was bundled into a thick fabric nappy, whilst two pairs of plastic pants were used to ensure he was contained should it happen again that afternoon.

The first pair was pale blue vinyl but she covered them with another, more sturdy pair of white shiny rubber. These were even more robust than the ones in Spain and Jonny wondered how long Nan had had them.

Jonny wasn’t happy but, having heard at least half of what the Head said, knew he’d have to wear something more substantial in future. Unfortunately, none of his trousers would fit over the thicker fabric and rubber cushion he now wore and the only things that did, were flimsy shorts.

He didn’t want to return to school but Nan walked them back. Jonny could feel the mass in his shorts with each move and could feel the weighty sway the material created with each self-conscious step.

Gemma had tried to tell him it was hardly noticeable but he knew she was just trying to be nice. Even if it hadn’t been visible, the fact that he knew just what was under his shorts was enough to make him anxious.

So, with the curves of protection under his light grey school shorts signifying he was back in nappies to all his schoolmates, he waddled into class.

### tbc ###

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jonny – part 8

Paul was running through a wood - he was frightened and crying out but no one could hear him. Naked, apart from a thick fabric nappy he was trying to hold up, he hurtled through the trees. Suddenly a huge figure reared up in front of him. It bellowed loudly and scared him so much he could feel the rear of his nappy filling. It was a strange sensation, as if it wasn’t him yet the feeling it was getting fuller and heavier made him determined to escape the roaring beast.

He was fearful of everything and needed help... but couldn’t make anyone take notice.

“Mummy, daddy, mummy, daddy...” His urgent call went unanswered but the mass in his nappy seemed to be getting heavier and began to slow him down.

“Mummy, daddy, mummy, daddy...”

Jonny was moaning and struggling with his blankets. His legs thrashed around as if he was trying to escape from something but was getting nowhere. Once again, as they shared a room, it was Paul who noticed his brother’s anguish and went to wake up mummy and daddy as he didn’t know why his brother was so upset. When they all returned they could smell what the problem was and although Jonny was whimpering he was still asleep.

“C’mon baby wake up.”

Theresa gently shook her son from his nightmare.  With a few more kicks and moans he began to come round.

“C’mon sweetie... you’re having a dream.” She pulled the blanket away and, still fighting an imaginary foe, his naked legs continued to jerk.

The protection that Nan had dressed him in the night before was stretched and easily identifiable as containing the source of the smell. Over the past couple of weeks both boys had woken up sopping wet and had needed their night time protection all the more. Thankfully, as Nan had pointed out earlier... the sturdy protection was there to contain whatever came its way. Once again she had been proved correct in the amount of padding the boys needed at night and on this occasion, for Jonny at least, even more so.

Eventually, disorientated, he drowsily stirred a little.

“Ohhmmm mum, Pauly’s having trouble...errr...” He noticed everyone standing around looking at him lying there naked accept for his heavy protection.

He spotted Paul and didn’t quite know how he could be there and in his dream. Confusion settled on him as mum sat on the bed and tried to smooth his hair and bring him back to reality.

Both boys were wearing the same amount of protection. It hadn’t taken Nan long to get the boys back to a similar routine. Looking and wearing the same was at the fore of her plans for them to always be treated evenly. The previous night Nan had offered to get them ready for bed and, after the awful few days he’d had, and now having to wear a nappy at school, Jonny was too subjugated to object to her choice of thick nappies and matching blue vinyl pants.

“You were just having a bad dream sweetie... don’t worry you’re fine now.” Theresa soothed.

He was still in a muddle.

“But Paul, err, um, aahhh, needed a nappy change...”

Paul checked his padding. “Yeah... but I’m only wet.” He timidly replied.

Jonny’s voice hesitated as he realised that all eyes were on him and gathered it was he who needed a change.

“Ohhh mum.” He wept as mum tried to console her son. Checking, she patted his lumpy bottom before guiding him to the bathroom to make things right.

#

Once he was over weeping and standing refreshed but naked from the shower he tried to explain to his mother about the dream.

“It was Pauly, he was frightened and running and shouting for help but no one...”

“Were you scared?”

“Not me it was Pauly... I... ummm... I thought it was him... who’d made the... er, um,  mess.”

He wasn’t sure why his dream had involved Paul. He’d never dreamt of his five year-old stepbrother before and, as it turned out, although the running figure was Paul, the person who’d messed his nappy was himself. It was very confusing.

“Well love it sounds like a very frightening experience and now we’ve got you all cleaned up let’s get you into some clothes it is a school day after all.”

He’d forgotten all about school but the memory of what happened the day before, and the name calling meant he burst into tears again.

“What’s wrong petal?”

His sobbing continued for a few moments before he could get the words out.

“They were awful, and called me names and...” tears took over and he couldn’t finish.

In truth, the rumour he’d peed his pants had circulated pretty quickly and when he returned, wearing shorts with an obvious bulge, it was all the confirmation the class needed.

Kids being kids couldn’t avoid having a go.

They poked and pushed, slapped and squeezed his padding just to make sure and commented on the thick shiny white rubber pants he was wearing. He pleaded his innocence. However, annoying baby epithets and sounds were added whenever his name was mentioned much to the amusement of the class. That is apart from Gemma who defended her brother. Nevertheless, each comment hit home so Jonny was humiliated but could do nothing about his situation.

“Aww sweetie, let’s get you ready and I’ll have a word with your teachers.”

That was the last thing he wanted but he didn’t have much option as she reached for a large terry cloth square, folded it and patted its centre for him to park his bottom there. He was ten, he was in a class of ten year-olds, there was no way they would let him forget he was wearing a nappy and he wanted to scream “NO”.  Equally, he saw little option or point in arguing after what had happened in that morning’s nappy so reluctantly did as his mum indicated.

No one could ignore the fact that not only had he wet his nappy he’d also messed in it. That conjured up an entirely different set of worries when it came to substantial safeguards and, although Jonny was hoping it was just a one off, no one else was taking any chances. In his head he imagined that his security padding would be so thick he’d hardly be able to walk or sit down. However, his mum was as understanding as she could be and had organised his school underwear with his worries in mind.

“Mum do I have to go?” His mum smiled but nodded. “Well... can you make it less thick?”

She indicated the slinky pink vinyl snap-on pants that were drying over the towel rail.

“Didn’t we try that yesterday sweetheart and look what happened.”

He was lost, he couldn’t dispute the truth, and besides it appeared any decision had already been made.

Again, the slick, white rubber pants were slipped up his legs to cover the bulge. The tightness compressed the fabric a bit and smoothed out the bulges so thankfully, it wasn’t as thick as the ones Nan put both him and Paul in at night. He didn’t mind the shorts. In fact, they were a light grey pair that Nan had bought for him (and of course Paul got a pair as well) when they returned from holiday but, with him losing the need for nappies, he hadn’t worn them since. However, if anything, although they felt tight at the waist they were looser in the leg than his trousers and so hid the curves of any padding a little better. He also wasn’t the only boy in class wearing shorts because of the hot spell a few others had taken that option.

Gwen, who was in her own little annexe so hadn’t been disturbed by the ructions had been surprised to learn of Jonny’s messy morning because, as far as she knew, she had nothing to do with it. In fact, the previous night neither of the boys had been given their milky night time treat so why they woke up wet was a mystery. Though why Jonny had filled the seat of his nappy so fully was an even bigger mystery. However, it played into her hands for the boy’s nappy regime to be in place for a little while longer.

#

The teasing had lessened possibly due to Gemma always being close by. The teachers had said something to the class so apart from a whispered taunting from the class ‘clever dicks’ (the ones who delight in others problems) his morning went off without too much hassle. However, by lunchtime, his nappy was soaked. Gemma noticed the change in the way he walked and his reticence to get involved in any games so at the first opportunity asked him if he needed a change.

He nodded. “But I don’t have anything to change in to.”

“Look,” she said pointing to the contents of her school bag. “Nan gave me some disposables just in case... do you want me to give them to a teacher?”

Gwen knew that Gemma, with her blessing, had occasionally changed Paul when he was younger but it came as a bit of a shock to find out she’d also changed Jonny... and at his request. She actually thought this was a great development and, to make sure she kept that impetus, made that it was her who carried the disposables at school should her stepbrother need them.

The fabric nappy held the moisture but didn’t wick it away so for the past ten or so minutes Jonny’s crotch had felt squishy. It wasn’t a nice feeling but, rather than have someone change him, he thought it better if he just put up with it. The rubber pants acting like a reservoir.

Nan had insisted that only an adult should change him but the thought of someone else, a teacher, or even perhaps the Head again, made him reluctant to agree.

He shook his head but then Gemma had another idea.

“Follow me.”

She guided him to the one disabled toilet that the school possessed but, as far as she knew, there were no disabled pupils, nor had she seen anyone but able-bodied kids using it. Jonny nervously followed her in and she locked the door. It was a lot larger than the normal toilet stall.

“Okay, take your shorts down.” She said it as if it was the most natural thing in the world to suggest.

“But, I, umm, err,” he stammered his reticence. This was something he didn’t want to happen... Nan had made it clear what to do in these situations... but Gemma had changed him once... so?

“Look Jonny, we need to be quick in case anyone comes and I’m sure you don’t want that wet nappy around you for the rest of the day... do you?”  He shook his head. “Well then take your shorts off and let me change you like I did the other day.”

Of course, on that occasion he had asked her and it was done at home... nothing about this current situation was the same but his sister had a point. She had successfully changed his nappy before so probably could do it just as well on this occasion. He didn’t get much chance to argue because Gemma was already pulling down his shorts, rubber pants and unpinning his soaked nappy.

Despite many reservations he simply let her get on with it. Gone was the fact that she was his age, gone was any embarrassment, all that was needed was a quick pair of hands and he’d be clean and dry. At that moment it was more important for that to be the case than him asking a teacher for a change.

Although the teaching staff knew of his predicament Jonny couldn’t bring himself to admit to it, nor was he keen on the idea of asking anyone else to do the change... he was just too embarrassed. What he wasn’t aware of was the precedent this action was setting and one that Nan had engineered.

Gemma wasn’t as quick as an adult but in the confined space and restricted time she put him into a dry disposable. She’d fluffed it out and liked the smell and crinkle; she also loved the soft plastic feel and thought once again how much it suited him. However, to be on the safe side she pulled up the damp but serviceable sleek white rubber pants and had his shorts back in position in just a couple of minutes. Of course she hadn’t had wipes or powder or anti-rash cream but had still done a great job, and Jonny was relieved to be out of his sodden nappy.

Oddly enough, the dry disposable made him feel an awful lot better and because it was different to the fabric, felt a lot nicer to wear. Gemma had done him a favour and he was very grateful.

They managed to exit the disabled toilet without drawing attention to themselves.

Meanwhile, they went their own way and Gemma found a plastic bag on a table in which someone had brought their lunch and put the wet nappy in before shoving it to the bottom of her backpack.

For the rest of the afternoon Jonny walked around with more confidence because he was comfortable and dry... all thanks to his sister.

#

When they arrived home Nan discovered the wet nappy in Gemma’s bag and took her to one side away from eavesdroppers.

“Did you change Jonny at school today?” She smiled encouragingly.

“Yes, I had the disposable you gave me so I thought...” she hesitated.

“No, no sweetheart, you did the right thing.” Gemma heaved a sigh of relief. “Helping your brother when he needs a change at school is frankly a wonderful thing you can do for him... I’m sure he appreciates it.”

“He did seem relieved and I think he liked the disposable better.”

“Did he indeed?” A thought shot into Nan’s head, “well keeping Jonny happy... and you do sweetheart... is fantastic if we aren’t there... you should be able to take care of him... and Paul.”

“I really don’t mind Nan... I like to help when I can.” Genuine Gemma always seemed keen to be involved in the welfare of others.

“Well, I think you’ve done a brilliant job looking after the boys... you should be Nan by proxy.”

Gemma was confused. “What does that mean?”

“Well, when I’m not around, and if your brothers need their nappies changing, you should have the authority to make sure they are kept clean and dry. What do you think?”

“I’m always happy to help Nan... and if I’m helping you then that’s better.”

“It’s a great deal of responsibility. I don’t want you doing it if you don’t want to sweetie... after all... you are the same age as Jonny.”

“No Nan, I love being responsible and looking after my little brothers.” She said with enthusiasm.

Nan wasn’t sure she realised she’d said ‘little brothers’ but liked that was the way she was thinking, even if it was a mistake, she could build on that idea.

#

After she’d spoken to Gemma she had a quiet word with Jonny.

“I gather your sister changed you today.” She smiled pleasantly so he knew that no one was in any trouble.

“Uh-uh.” He nodded, not sure of where this was going.

“Well done. I think that was very mature of the two of you sorting that little damp problem out yourselves.”

“I didn’t have anything...”

He was going to say that he didn’t have any spare disposables in his backpack but he was interrupted.

“Did you feel more comfortable after Gemma had changed you?”

“Well, erm, err, yes... as you’ve told us Nan, it’s not right leaving a wet nappy on for too long but I’m scared of asking one of the teachers.”

“I can understand that sweetie, and I think you’ve taken a very brave first step keeping your business within the family.”

Jonny was a bit puzzled by what she was saying.

“I think it was very grown up of you to ask Gemma to change you. I know she’s done it before but it takes a brave man (she emphasised man) to ask his sister to help him out occasionally.”

“Well Nan she is pretty good at it.”

“Okay, let’s have a look.”

Nervously he reached for the waistband of his shorts and pulled them down a bit. All Nan could see was the thick rubber pants.

“And do these stop any leakage?” She said smoothing the glossy material.

“Mmmm, yes s’pose so...”

She pulled them down slightly and inspected the disposable.

“Are you wet?”

“No Nan I think I’m...”

“Sorry Jonny it’s soaked so.... let’s get you out of this... and into something much drier.”

It was early yet but he knew that once she’d decided he needed a change then he’d be put directly into his night time nappy for the rest of the afternoon and evening. He was sad to see the disposable go as he much preferred it to the fabric ones.

As she changed him he had a request.

“Nan, do you think I could wear a disposable please?” He whispered uncertainly.

Gemma had already given Nan the heads up about him seeming to like disposables and was rather pleased that he’d nervously requested them. She thought this was quite a big step in him accepting the need for nappies. Although he’d been wearing them for a while, he always gave the impression of a bit of resentment. So, as far as Nan was concerned, this was a positive move.

“Well sweetie, they’re pretty expensive and none re-useable so that’s why your mummy prefers you to use these.” She emphasised mummy rather than mum but he didn’t appear to notice as she flicked the thick fabric square in the air. “But I’m sure we can sometimes slip you into one on special occasions... if you prefer them that much. And of course, Gemma will always have a pair for you to change into at school... in an emergency.”

The fact that Nan was more or less saying that Gemma would be in charge of his disposables if he needed a change at school never entered his head simply because someone else had always changed him. However, the thought that did enter his head was if Gemma changed him at school, and he got to wear a disposable, it would be much more comfortable. That thought looped around in his head.

“So Nan, erm, is it okay for Gemma to...?”

“Let your sister change you? Of course, she’s done a wonderful job so goes on the list of those who can clean up our wet little boys.” She said in a best of mates manner.

It was strange that he was more accepting the fact that he had to wear a nappy. Conceivably the events of the last few days, and the number of times he’d filled his padding, made him less sure of the future and the idea of such protection seemed both sensible and necessary.

“However, you’ll still have to wear your fabric ones like Paul does at night... no arguments.”

Nan wanted to maintain that link between the two; nappies the same, plastic pants the same and bedtime the same, clothing the same.

“Okay.”

The idea of regular disposables was all he could think about so agreed to what Nan suggested even though his mind was elsewhere.

### tbc ###

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jonny – part 9

After the kids had got off to school; Paul as happy as any five year-old could be despite wearing a nappy - Ten year-old Jonny self-conscious about his daily protection but resigned to it and the ever helpful Gemma, a ten year-old just oozing confidence - Gwen returned to the house and, sitting in the kitchen sipping a cup of her favourite coffee, began to ponder over the events of the last year or so.

Theresa and Tom getting married had been a huge event. To be honest, it had scared her quite a bit that her son wouldn’t need her any more and she’d be left... old and alone. Then, as if the gods were smiling down, Theresa’s son had a wetting problem and she found a way of making herself useful, even if it was to the slight detriment of Jonny. She would be helpful, but not ingratiating, she would be a friend to the entire new family and, better still, she thought she knew the best way of achieving that integration. Some money she had would help towards a mortgage thus ensuring they would all be together.

After making the initial mistake of attacking the poor boy’s problem she realised she needed to get on his good side. She needed him (and the others to a certain extent) to trust and depend on her wisdom as well as her actions. Tom of course didn’t need any persuasion; Gwen was his mum, so of course he trusted her, as did his kids but Theresa and Jonny required help in that direction... and the boy’s need for nappies was the best way to succeed.

However, since those early days the need to feel valuable had been superseded by the fact she was now essential to the family. Since the marriage both Tom and Theresa had been promoted. Theresa was working longer hours (and thankfully earning almost twice what she had been), while Tom had been promoted twice since they’d come back from their holiday in Spain, and was now regional manager (also with a pay rise). However, all this extra responsibility meant that Tom was away several days of the week and Theresa saw the kids at breakfast, for an hour or so in the evenings and the occasional weekend. Thankfully, Gwen was there to keep things working as they should.

She loved the responsibility but post-holiday, and after Jonny stopped his nocturnal flooding, felt she still needed to feel indispensable. So, when Paul accidently drunk the ‘special’ milkshake she’d seized the opportunity; he would become her new dependency project.

There was uncertainty.

Paul had never been in her plan. It was supposed to be all down to Jonny but, and this made her feel incredibly guilty, her need to feel useful continued and whilst that was the case she’d do what was necessary to keep that situation secure.

Feeling that boat had sailed she’d never envisioned Jonny returning to his need for nappies. So, in spite of being in some way responsible, was quite surprised when it happened.

In those early days before the holiday to Spain it had been noticeable that when Jonny wore a nappy at night; he was much more amenable to Gwen’s suggestions. She also conceded that seeing him then, and now Paul, back in nappies and wearing shiny vinyl pants had taken her right back to the time of her own kids and how she’d taken care of them. That emotional image, together with all that went with it; the reliance, love and total trust... had triggered everything that she’d done since.

#

It had been quite a few weeks since Jonny had first messed his night time protection and everyone had settled into a daily routine. Tom and Theresa had little input in getting the kids ready for school, or at bed time for that matter, and Gwen had been pleased with just how quickly Jonny had adapted to the regime she’d set up. What had confused Nan was just how little she used her ‘special’ drinks these days because the boys seemed to wet without much assistance. If Paul remained dry, it was Jonny who wet or vice versa and, no matter what precautions were taken their bedroom was an unfortunate tribute to the odours of two soggy kids.

The washing line was also a testament to the damp duo with thick white nappies and colourful plastic and rubber pants fluttering in the wind on an almost daily basis. Nan had never minded the extra work. Despite her presence being crucial she still had a deep down fear of being obsolete. However, as with that sign nappies were needed, so she maintained the same usefulness.

She had always thought that by keeping the boys as much alike as possible helped cement the family together and so, was keen to preserve that model. There had been a couple of blips when Jonny didn’t wear any padding and veered on a course of his own making that looked like her game plan was over. However, things happened and the status quo returned.

Thankfully, now Jonny was back full-time in nappies it was easier to insist that the boys play together. That meant, if Jonny had his friends over, Paul had to be involved in their games and equally, if it was Paul’s friends over, Jonny was made to join in. The process seemed so natural and, if she was being honest, thought there was very little resistance from the older boy. Even when these friends were around neither found their protection an issue so simply accepted their subtle plastic pants rustle as part of every day life.

All this seemed idyllic. However, as she supped her second cup of coffee she began to wonder – what might be next?

As it was, after the wedding and dressing the boys the same, which had seemed the most natural way of treating them both (they had looked absolutely gorgeous in their blue and white ensemble), the process had been almost organic and hadn’t seemed strange that a ten year old and five year old should wear similar clothing. It appeared as a well thought out ‘branding’ campaign... to identify the two families as one.

One thing that did help was how easy-going Jonny actually was. His shy demeanour meant he was used to doing as his mother said and not through any kind of threat. He was his mummy’s boy simply because it was only the two of them and they’d found a way to dispense with any kind of disagreement (the boy’s frenzied attack on Tom really being quite unlike him). So, once he’d started wetting the bed and she’d insisted her wear protection, he may not have liked it but saw the reason he should... he was a well-mannered, if timid young boy.

Although she didn’t baby either of them, when wearing nappies she did regard them as incontinent toddlers. However, had she taken the step to dress them as such then it would have been too obvious and no doubt suspicions would have been raised? This way it just looked like she was managing their wetting problem.

However, this sudden analysis startled her.

Although she saw them as sweet little tots... had she held back their development to such an extent that they may now be just too dependent and not growing in a way they should? It couldn’t be long before their parents started asking questions and then would blame and accusations follow.

So now she wondered... had she overstepped the mark?  

#

The previous night she hadn’t doctored any of their food or drink and yet, they both woke up wet. Jonny had excelled himself with another messy nappy, none of which she could claim responsibility for. Perhaps they were both now functioning at a different level, one that didn’t need her to do anything?

What she didn’t know was that, like in the first instance, it was Jonny’s dream-world where he had accidents, which overflowed into his real world. So, on this occasion at least, any doctored milk wouldn’t have been the stimulus.

However, from now on Gwen resolved that she wouldn’t interfere at all in what either ate or drank.

It was a bold decision but, after her third cup of coffee, she saw it as an opportunity to tell if things would stay the same or shift in another direction.

Having said all that, she did like the idea Gemma was becoming quite the helpful young lady and didn’t want to interfere with that growth. With neither mum nor dad around to object, Nan encouraged her granddaughter that should there be no adults about, and whilst either of the boys needed help with wet nappies, she was able to assist her.

So, as planned, Gemma took on Jonny’s wetting problems at school and although he liked the feel of the disposables, Nan had suggested they keep the wearing of them to a minimum so as not to arouse his mother’s suspicions. Rather than do without them at all, he saw the sense in keeping this little secret from his keen-to-recycle mother.

The fact that Jonny had asked to wear disposables, and what’s more, looked forward to wearing them, had changed things slightly. The main thing was just how grateful he appeared once he was taped into one.

They seemed to bring out a different level of immaturity that set him even younger than Paul. Nan, Gemma and Paul all benefited from this side to Jonny because he became so playful, loving and eager to please. That soft, fluffy cushion with its own plastic crinkle resting swollen and obvious under his thin shorts; he loved the experience they offered.

For Jonny this was another level of comfort that his fabric nappy hadn’t offered. Not that he was uncomfortable wearing his thick protection, far from it, but it was different somehow... the entire sensation was just so special.

Nan saw the advantage but politely restricted their use so that when he was allowed, he felt even more privileged. The dangling of getting to wear them (at some future time) also made sure Jonny was kept on his best behaviour; although in truth, both boys were exceptionally well-behaved and a credit to their parents. Nan got the credit for that.

She arranged it so that Gemma was Jonny’s primary contact for that trade and he became more accepting of her as such. Although the age difference remained a mere six weeks, his step-sister towered above him in character and responsibility. Without any haughty pretensions she made the decisions, all of which both boys accepted without question. They knew, like with any grown-up, they were in good, loving and selfless hands and appreciated her keenness to rid them of a soaked nappy in favour of something fresh and dry.

Gemma didn’t have to change her brother every day at school but found that Nan let her change both of them when at home. She got to be equally adept at fabric and pins, as she was with disposables and tapes... both boys enjoyed the speedy way their wet nappies were exchanged for something better.

Gemma herself was only too pleased to do her helpful bit for Nan and actually enjoyed the process of cleaning, wiping, powdering and choosing which nappy and colourful cover her boys were going to be wearing for the rest of the day. Her and Nan went out and bought new items together and a more vibrant approach was taken to the boy’s plastic and rubber pants collection.

These little outings were a bond between the two as they giggled at some of the perhaps more juvenile items they would like to have bought and got both Jonny and Paul to wear. As it was the boys got to become excited at not knowing what new colour or design they would end up wearing. It was whilst looking around one of the large kiddie's sections in a department store that they came across some rather juvenile Aquaman pyjamas and both agreed the gaudy graphics, together with the little shorts, were an ideal present.

#

This second time Jonny messed his nappy was on a Saturday morning. Again Paul had heard the moaning and groaning, noticed the smell and because mum and dad were both at work, and Nan was in her annexe, he went to wake up Gemma.

Jonny had been dreaming of ghosts.

On that Friday afternoon one of his friends at school had been telling him and a bunch of other kids about the ghost they had at their house. All the ten year olds believed every word he said including the strange shapes he’d personally ‘witnessed’ on their landing. He scarily described the unexpected bumps and movement of objects around various rooms. The eerie creaks and moans and worst of all, the blood that dripped down the walls... it was terrifying.

What the classmates didn’t know he was describing a horror dvd he’d watched the night before (and been equally terrified by) but by claiming it as ‘true’ he had to make people believe it had happened to him.

Any words of doubt or scepticism were quickly stifled by the majority being horror-struck believers - plus the invite to ‘witness’ it for themselves ‘if they were brave enough’. No one took up that particular challenge but the sheer horror of the picture he’d painted became a nightmare for Jonny. So much so, that when, in his dream, the walls erupted in a flood of blood, he screamed and was caught in the gooey liquid and unable to move. He fought for his survival and, in the most chilling moment of the entire ordeal... emptied his panicked bowels.

In life, as in his dream-world, that’s just what occurred; his nappy was filled with its unwieldy load. He didn’t know he wasn’t the only boy from that class who had a terrible nightmare that night nor was he the only one to wake up to a poo-filled bed. However, he was the only one who was already equipped with a nappy and robust rubber pants so the damage was minimal. For others... new night time arrangements were made.

He was just coming round and realising what had happened when Paul and Gemma arrived looking concerned.

“Are you okay Jonny?” Gemma was quickly in to wipe the sweat from his forehead and assess his temperature as adults did when checking if someone was ill or not.

The grimace on his face meant he knew this was not going to be a good day as he pulled the sheets back to survey the disaster. He and Paul were wearing identical pjs and had identical volume billowing under them. The shiny colourful vinyl waistband of his new pants could be seen above the pyjama bottoms that had slipped low as a result of his struggle. As he strained to get up Gemma was giving instructions to Paul to get certain items ready in the bathroom while she helped her self-conscious and heavily-laden stepbrother.

“C’mon stinky,” she smiled affectionately at her less than happy stepbrother. “Let’s get you into something nicer.”

Feeling the messy load he tentatively shuffled out of the room. Without really thinking, and with no adverse reaction from Jonny, Gemma patted the rear of his bulbous nappy to encourage him forwards. Once in the bathroom she asked Paul to go and see if Nan was up and to let her know what had happened. She saw Jonny flinch at her being told of yet another huge accident in his nappy but quickly realised it wasn’t something he could keep a secret.

#

The connecting door between Nan’s home and theirs was open and the lady herself was sat at her small kitchen table eating a slice of toast.

“Morning sunshine,” she enthusiastically greeted her grandson.

He thrust himself into her waiting arms for a morning cuddle and was greeted with a soft wet kiss on his cheek as she patted his well bloated padded bottom. Nan could see he was bursting to tell her some news and knew it must be urgent because he was still in his bulky nappy. She never tired of seeing the rounded shape of their soaked night time protection, which their little cotton pyjamas helped emphasise.

Memories.

“Jonny’s pooed in his sleep again.” He wiggled his head in a sing-song fashion as if to say it was something that was always happening.

“Ohh that’s a shame for him isn’t it?” Paul nodded in agreement. “Does he need some help?”

“Gemma’s seeing to him.” He stated flatly.

“Well that’s good then isn’t it?” She settled herself back down in her chair. “Do you want a drink darling, I’m just about to have a cup of tea myself and I’d love to have some company - perhaps you’d like some toast, cereal?”

They sat opposite each other and munched through toast slavered with strawberry jam. Paul loved the taste of strawberries... his own squelchy nappy offering no distraction from his favourite food.

#

“...and then blood started ooozzziinngg from the walls...”

“I don’t want to hear any more. I’ll be having bad dreams...” Gemma said as she carried on stripping her brother.

He knew she was squeamish so continued. “... and then the moaning of the dead...”

“Stop it.” Gemma said as she emptied the messy nappy into the toilet bowl. “It’s enough with this... thank you very much.”

Her tone meant the joking was over and Jonny stopped his taunting, after all, it was his mess she was sorting out.

“Okay, get in the shower... uuurrggg... your bum’s covered... you’d better give that a good wipe before you have a shower.”

Jonny bundled up several sheets of toilet paper and commenced the clean-up. Although Gemma had gotten rid of most of it... there was no doubt that he could feel more of the mess as he rubbed Andrex across his butt and cheeks.

“Okay, I think you’ve got most of it but, you’d better shower carefully and... everywhere... I’m sure Nan’ll be here soon.”

Five minutes later and Jonny was done, but still with no sign of Gwen, Gemma helped him rub himself dry and then got one of his terry nappies ready.

“Er, um, errr, do you think you can use a disposable please?” His voice was low and uncertain, as if he was asking an adult for something he wasn’t sure he’d be allowed.

Gemma was unaware of the conversation between him and Nan. She’d changed him at school into a disposable so saw no reason not to do so now. In fact it was easier to apply than having to deal with pins etc.

“Sure.”

Jonny was relieved and happily settled down as she fluffed one out then centred himself above it.

He lay down and felt the soft padded fabric comfort his bum cheeks, even the plastic crinkle was welcoming.

“You’ll need some stuff on you’re going a bit red in parts,” She said as she examined his crotch area more carefully.

He wasn’t bothered, he was in a disposable and it felt nice. Perhaps being scared out of your wits and filling your nappy was worth it... though probably not. In the end he simply said.

“Okay.”

She rubbed in some Sudocrem, and sprinkled on loads of baby powder before tugging it all together. The inside of his thighs enjoyed the soft tickly sensation as it was pulled up between his legs. The gentle force she used to drag the side panels together and then tape him securely in - for some reason it just seemed so different from when anyone else did it... it was nicer.

He appreciated the soft crinkle and smell of the disposable. Although the plastic backed disposable didn’t need it (and Gemma thought he looked pretty good as he was) she looked around for a clean pair of plastic pants. There was a particularly new soft vinyl pair that had baby prints on which had been bought for Paul but ended up being too large for him. It looked like Jonny was going to get the benefit.

Jonny wasn’t really looking, he had his eyes closed as he mentally enjoyed the soft caress of the clean new fabric.

“There, these feel nice and soft and cover up well” she said as she pulled them up to complete the look and tucked in anything that spilled out. “All done and... clean.”

She could see Jonny now noticing the new pants and looked unsure.

“I think you look great... it all fits nicely.” She said as she straightened the leg cuffs. “That should keep you dry for a bit.”

Her smile and pat on his colourful padded bottom sent him off happily to his room to find clothes for the day. Had Nan been there she might have suggested he go without any other clothing but he quickly found a blue t-shirt and some shorts, then went downstairs for breakfast.

#

A few months later and the weather had turned. A cooler wind blew down from the North and clouds gathered. The weather wasn’t the only thing that had turned. Both Nan and Gemma were unhappy that both boys only now wore their protection at night.

Four weeks ago they had both had a run of seven days without wetting and so were then allowed to return to wearing underpants during the day. It was a triumph for the boys and both Tom and Theresa were overjoyed at their improvement. Nights were still an occasional problem so they were still required nappies for sleeping.

Meanwhile, Nan reluctantly packed some of the nappies and plastic pants away... she didn’t need as many now but the family gathered around and supported Paul and Jonny in their success.

With the sudden lack of wetting, Jonny then only occasionally requested his favourite disposables. What had been something that gave him absolute bliss became less and less important as he gained more and more control.

Then magically they had also gone another two weeks without any nocturnal accidents so it looked as if both boys would soon be out of nappies all together.

This sudden turn of events had been prompted by a comment from a teacher at Jonny’s school. He hadn’t taken the micky out of a ten year-old still wearing a nappy, but had encouraged him to fight the need for them. He’d explained to Jonny that he had a similar problem when he was his age, and always felt at a disadvantage to the rest of his class as a result. Jonny admitted that at times he felt the same way, so the teacher suggested that before he went to sleep he should start believing he would wake up dry.

Positive Thinking

It seemed such a simple suggestion “Wake Up Dry” but Jonny, who then encouraged Paul, did try and start this new nightly exercise.

Surprisingly, it had results.

Of course their parents were so happy because it meant that part of the boy’s problems was over, and Nan and Gemma joined in their delight. Nan heaped praise on them both for eventually kicking their wetting difficulties and mischievously wanted to celebrate with a nice cool glass of strawberry milkshake before they went to sleep. Both declined the offer as they’d already brushed their teeth and were just too excited at only having to wear new pjs for the first time in quite some time... without any excess padding.

It was one of the rare nights they were all together, but with the boys in bed, the conversation between the grown-ups, which Gemma seemed to effortlessly fit into (she’d turned eleven just days earlier), focused on the satisfaction of not having nappies drying everywhere. Everyone was enthusiastic about the boys now being able to grow up without that particular burden, and joked how their room might now get rid of that all-pervading aroma of urine.

Theresa and Tom looked forward to the boys no longer having to carry around the responsibility of such thick padding. They were sure they, and everybody else, would feel so much better.

#

Meanwhile, as usual both boys had gone to bed (in their matching pjs) at the same time but unfortunately sleep evaded them. Their initial excitement had faded as they restlessly tossed and turned, eventually whispering to each other how they were having difficulty getting comfy.

“I was like this after our trip to Spain when getting over wearing a nappy.” Jonny confided to Paul.

“It feels... funny... erm... don’t it?” He was unsure if he should say such a thing now he was out of nappies.

“Mmm, it took me a bit of time...”

The youngster wasn’t sure how to reply but again rustled around trying to get snug.

For Paul the reason of how or why he’d suddenly started wetting... and then stopped... were not the type questions a boy of his age thought about... it was something that happened. He was wondering if he’d get into trouble if he didn’t fall asleep quickly or that some kind of monster might come and... he gripped his teddy for some reassurance at least. But his step-brother was deep in thought.

Several things ran through Jonny’s mind. One was how much he’d enjoyed it when he started to wet again and was returned to night time protection. Although at first unhappy, with each flooded morning nappy, he had to admit it was much better than a wet bed. It was the protection a nappy offered more than the actual wearing of it that was his main concern. And then when he’d started wetting during the day at school, how much better it was to wear a nappy, or better still a disposable, than have soaked pants. He wasn’t sure he should confess this to Paul.

He wriggled some more, he’d gotten used to the thick night time cushion so it would take both a bit of time to get used to the lack of it. However, at that moment, he was too uncomfortable and would gladly have suffered another night wearing it so he could get to sleep. He wasn’t sure he should say that to Paul either.

Paul was pleased to be out of having to wear a nappy. In fact, as always, he was pleased because he was the same as his brother... although, at that moment, he was finding it difficult because part of him was worried that he still might, just might, wet himself. Even though their beds still had on the waterproof mattress protector it was a concern. So, as they twitchily tried to find some relief, that noisy plastic covered sheet reminded them of wetter times.

#

Meanwhile, Gemma had joined Nan in the kitchen and helped with the washing up. It wasn’t that late but soon she’d be told it was bed time but sought out Nan to say that while she was pleased her brothers were over their problem; over the last few weeks, because of their dry spell, she’d missed the opportunity to change them.

“Nan, uummhh, is it wrong to say I enjoyed looking out for my brothers when they wet their nappies?”

“Ohhh sweetheart, no. You’ve been wonderful to them both and a great help to everyone.”

Gemma was unsure whether she should continue but thought if anyone would understand it would be Nan.

“I liked to see them in their ‘special pants’.” She said wistfully as she brought back the name Paul had conjured up at the beginning for Jonny’s plastic pants. She smiled at the words and Nan smiled knowingly back. “I thought they made Jonny special... you know... like, like a super hero... Batman...”

“I suppose so honey,” Nan laughed at her next thought, “and when Paul had to wear them he looked like Batman’s special side-kick... they made quite the team?”

“Yes.” They both giggled girlishly at the idea.

They moved from the sink over to a pile of recently washed nappies and wistfully began to fold them.

“But darling, you’re happy for your brothers aren’t you?” Nan said inquisitively.

“Oh yes. I mean, of course but... well... I’ve enjoyed...”

“Look love. There are no guarantees. Who knew Jonny would start to wet again eh?”

Gemma had images of her favourite moments observing Jonny in his special pants and thick nappy buzzing through her head.

The first time she saw him wearing his protection, all glossy white plastic pants and full nappy underneath... he looked so vulnerable yet stunning at the same time.

The way he’d shyly enter a room, his crinkly pants drawing attention to his padding.

The way he stopped feeling guilty and didn’t mind her seeing him wearing rubber pants.

That first time in pink plastic pants with the shiny snaps down each side... he looked like a prince.

The look of excited amazement after she’d put him in a disposable at school on that first occasion.

Watching as he and Paul fell effortlessly into a game wearing only their protection... and not caring in the least.

The fancy thin vinyl pants she’d bought with Nan that were her way of showing she cared.

There was no doubt that as far as Gemma was concerned he always looked so nice and ‘kinda cute.’

She sighed.

“I wish things didn’t have to change” She wished more to herself than to anyone else.

Nan hadn’t realised just what being ‘grown-up’ and helpful had meant to her granddaughter and saw the look of loss that shouldn’t be on the face of an eleven year-old. She’d felt that herself on many occasions.

She began to wonder if tampering with the boy’s food and drink, despite vowing to leave it all in the past, would somehow help her little helper. The problem was she’d seen the pride on her son’s and daughter-in-law’s faces now both Paul and Jonny were out of nappies. She’d seen the excitement on the boy’s faces when she’d put them to bed, pleased to be free of padding. Was all their pleasure to be compromised to make Gemma feel better?

#

A soft sobbing greeted Jonny as he woke up. He wasn’t sure if he was dreaming so listened closely just to be certain it wasn’t him - it was Pauly.

“You okay?” Jonny whispered.

The youngster sniffled but didn’t say anything.

“What’s wrong?”

“I’ve, I’ve... wwwet my bed.” He hesitantly whimpered.

It was only with his little brother’s confession that Jonny realised so had he.

“Oh... erm, don’t cry... so have I.”

“But, but I’ve soaked it...”

“Well little brother... you’re not alone...”

“They’re going to be mad with us...”

“Mmmm, s’pose they will...” He was anxious at the thought that after all that had happened that they’d be punished for this accident as everyone had been so happy they’d finally gotten over it.

“And... and...” Paul could hardly bring himself to say it. “I’ll be put back into nappies and...”

“Me and you both...” Then he had a sudden and anguishing thought. “I’ll be eleven in a few weeks and wearing... Ooooohhhh.” The resignation and hopelessness in that simple but loud exhalation said it all.

Jonny didn’t want to move. He was frustrated with himself and could feel the damp almost everywhere. What was worse it was smelly, cold and clinging to his skin.

At that moment Theresa entered the room with Gemma to get the boys up as they had an outing planned as a day in celebration.

“C’mon you sleepy guys... time to get up and at it we’ve...”

She immediately knew by the smell - the atmosphere of urine in the air told its own story - that the idea of celebration had been far too premature.

She turned from drawing back the curtains and opening a window to see both boys standing side-by-side looking ashamed and dejected in their soaked matching Aquaman jammies.

“Oooh boys!”

She didn’t have to say another word for them to know what the next move would be.

Both had gone almost an entire month without so much as a trickle in their undies but Jonny, more so than Paul, realised that meant nothing now. All their hard work and night time encouragement to ‘wake up dry’ had been useless as they both saw the understanding, yet regretful, expression appear on mum’s face.

The cooler morning also meant that their thin jammies now clung cold and damp to their hairless legs and groin.

“Sorry mum... I... errrmm... we don’t know what happened...” Jonny murmured disconsolately.

She pointedly cleared her throat and directed the boys towards the bathroom.

Gemma was already there organising lotions and powder, retrieving the thick terry nappies that had so recently been stowed away and was excited; believing that wishes really did come true and already wondering about special pants for each of her brothers.

### end ###

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
On 11/6/2019 at 9:19 AM, Les Lea said:

I'm very pleased ? I hope you'll like others in the future.

Thanks for the comment.

Hi. First good story. But I wished you would of ended this on how grandma was caught drugging the boy. It was her that made him start again and why his brother started wetting the bed. Reading this story I felt that it could of used some twist. Like  Jonny telling Thom he wasn't his dad when he made him wear a diaper to go to the activity. I know you wrote it on how you wanted to be. I'm just saying this could of really turned into awesome drama between Jonny and his step dad and his step grandma. But I did enjoy it. 

• Like 1