LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Jonny

Nine months ago a sleepy and very tired Jonny had been woken up by a noise he couldn’t place. There were grunts and screams, rattles and bangs coming from his mother’s bedroom all of which scared him. Although he was afraid he knew he had to protect his mother so cautiously tiptoed to her closed bedroom door and listened. The noise was even worse and the screams became more intense. Hoping to save his mummy from an attacker he rushed in to find her naked, on her knees and being assaulted from behind by an equally naked man.

“Stop hurting my mummy.” He screamed and launched his slim, four foot frame at the assailant.

The naked couple looked shocked at the sudden arrival of this fierce little boy who, with a high-pitched cry and arms waving in an attempt to rid his mummy of her naked partner, pushed the surprised man off his mother.

The place reeked of sweat and something else young Jonny couldn’t quite recognise but knew it was something evil and it was only when his mother grabbed him and hugged him close did he stop his attack.

At this point his shamefaced mother was embarrassed at the level to which her excitement had built and that Thomas, her partner, had equally got lost in the moment.

“There, there, sweetheart...” she shushed and held her struggling son tightly, “nothing to upset yourself about... erm... mummy and her friend were just having a bit of fun.”

“But, but, you were crying out, you were being hurt... you were...”

His mother held him close to her sweaty naked breast, partly in shame and partly because she didn’t want to hear from her son about the noise they’d been making.

“No sweetheart, I can honestly say that mummy and her friend were having a really nice time...”

“But you were crying out and moaning...”

“Look love, I’ll explain everything in the morning but for now. This is my friend Mr Wilkinson from work and he and I are getting to know each other a little better.”

“Hi,” a sheepish looking naked man spoke to Jonny. “I’m Tom, erm, your mum’s boy... errrrr... a friend, a workmate, a...”

But the poor boy was in floods of tears now he could see what the naked, well-built man was forcing into his mother.

She knew this would probably be making no sense to her apprehensive and naive eight year-old son but felt proud that the little mite had burst in trying to save her.

Tom tried to ruffle his hair in a friendly gesture but Jonny would have none of it and gave him daggers.

#

After about half an hour of placating words she eventually got him to return to his own room. However, the sights, sounds and smells lingered in his head as he tried to get back to sleep. It took some time. Every time he closed his eyes all he could see was his naked mother, blonde hair dishevelled, sweating, naked and a muscled man hammering away at her.

The following morning was the first time he woke up to find his bed saturated. When for the next week each morning produced the same results, it was then his mother eventually talked him into wearing a nappy at night as protection. The plastic pants followed about two days later after a particular soggy, leaky night meant everything was wet once again. After that, robust protection surrounded her little boy every night from then on.

He wasn’t happy about his mother’s action but knew there was little alternative. Jonny discerned that when he dreamed, he dreamed of that moment and everything about that terrible experience; the stink, the heaving, sweating, moaning and his own terror coupled with the horrifying sight of seeing his mother mounted like she had been reduced him to a terrified, bed-wetting kid.

He couldn’t explain the trauma the scene had caused, nor could he escape what happened when he closed his eyes and the entire act repeated in his head. All he knew, and all anyone else knew, was that the morning would produce a soaked nappy.

For the first two weeks after that event he wet every single night, after that it began to lessen in intensity but still produced a soaked nappy at least once a week, though often more. Theresa, his mummy, guessed what the problem might be but was unable to think of a way to rectify what her son had witnessed.  She hoped time would heal the wounds.

#

Over the coming weeks it became apparent that Jonny was about to get a new daddy. Tom was a regular visitor and although the boy was unsure, because his mother was happy, he made an effort when they met.

Jonathan, or Jonny as everyone called him, was just over four feet tall, thick brown hair, brown eyes and an open face that made the girls in his class at school go all ‘gooey’. He was a popular boy, good humoured, definitely not a bully and teachers liked his lively attitude. However, although his teachers didn’t know the reason, since that ‘night time discovery’ he had become a bit more reserved.

Later, he was introduced to Tom’s family. He himself had been previously married but lost his wife to cancer a few years earlier after the birth of their second child, Paul. Paul was now four and had a sister Gemma was around the same age as Jonny. That first ‘family’ meeting was a tense affair, mainly because of Jonny’s reluctance to embrace the fact that his mother and Tom were planning to get hitched.

All he could see was that huge brute of a man doing awful things to his mummy... and he didn’t like it. The image was burnt into his brain and was a constant reminder of that appalling night-time experience. He couldn’t un-see what he’d seen. However, Theresa sweet-talked him into accepting the situation so the two families began to spend more time in each other’s company.

#

In many ways Tom was like Jonny’s mother, kind and gentle and made a fuss of Jonny and treated him like he did his own kids. They went to the movies and theme parks, on picnics and to the fun fair where they always had a terrific time. He could see his mother was madly in love, and, despite her best efforts, Jonny was still reluctant to be completely involved.

However, a date for the wedding was set and Tom’s mother, Gwen, who had more or less helped bring up his two children after their mother died, was given the job of organising the event. She was very pleased to help and often babysat the kids when the two love-birds needed time on their own.

The registry office was booked and Gwen planned the outfits for them all to wear. The six foot, broad outline of Tom looked good in a finely tailored blue suit. Theresa wore a cream coloured flowing dress that had a blue, lacy covering, which made it look very special indeed. Gemma, wore a similar outfit except in reverse, a blue dress with a white lacy covering which had the sweet girl beaming with pleasure. The two boys wore matching outfits; white thigh length shorts with white knee-high stockings and blue sandals, white shirts, blue tie and matching blue blazers. Gwen herself having a very stylish but slightly more matriarchal blue dress with an intense lacy design more suited to a woman of her age. Everyone looked fantastic except one disgruntled boy who was less than happy with wearing the same as a four year old.

Despite his mother saying how nice and smart he appeared, in each photo he looked more and more depressed, ruining any photograph he was in. None of those attending the wedding could get even a slight smile from him. He was not happy being treated in such a way and sullenly sat at the kid’s table with his new brother and sister and various cousins.

Gwen was getting tired of his attitude and, when mummy and his new daddy were having their first dance at the reception took the youngster aside and told him off.

She pointed out that he was ruining his mother’s ‘special’ day and he was being impolite to the rest of the family.  Jonny seethed with indignation as he looked across at Paul, who was happy and whirling around like a four year old in the middle of the dancefloor with people spurring him on. Why was he dressed like a toddler it just wasn’t fair.

His resentment was curtailed when Gwen (or Nan as he’d been told to call her) pointed out that although Paul was only four, he didn’t wet the bed like a two year old and Jonny should be grateful that her son had agreed to take on the responsibility of such a spoilt bed-wetter who was thinking only of himself.

Nan didn’t mean to be so harsh but was desperate to make the now nine year old see sense, as it was, he ran off to cry in the toilet.

#

She confessed what she’d said to her new daughter-in-law and apologised, she hadn’t meant it to sound so severe but Tom said to leave it to him and wandered off to the washrooms to find his new stepson.

A tear-streaked Jonny was huddled in one of the cubicles but Tom was determined that today of all days he wanted to make sure Jonny didn’t feel all alone.

“Jonathan... erm... Jonny.” Tom could hear the boy in the third cubicle sniffling. “Come out and come out now... we need to talk.”

He spoke calmly but with authority, he didn’t want to scare the upset boy but thought he should take command and try to console the poor kid.

“I don’t want to talk... she’s already said Im nothing but a burden and a little baby...”

Tom swallowed, he knew his mother wasn’t normally nasty and this was completely out of character for her but, no matter how disastrously, she was only trying to help. However, knowing how the situation could escalate and become much worse he put on his most consoling voice to cajole the boy from his hiding place.

“Look, Nan didn’t mean anything by that... she was just trying to make you think of your mum and me... it is our wedding after all...”

There was silence from inside the cubicle.

“I thought you’d be happy that your mummy was happy and I know both Paul and Gemma are thrilled to have a new brother.”

It was true; both of Tom’s kids had made a fuss of Jonny from the very first time they met.

Paul especially liked the idea of having an older brother because in looks at least, they were very similar. Whilst feisty, yet funny, Gemma thought her new step-brother was “kinda cute”. Even though she was just six weeks older than Jonny, they seemed to be a huge age difference, probably because since her mum died she’d been helping her dad and Nan bring up her little brother.

Both of Tom’s kids also adored Theresa. She was kind, loving and it had to be said, they’d never seen their dad look happier than when in her company. In this happy family Jonny was in the minority of one when it came to dis-satisfaction.

He’d tried to be understanding, as understanding as a nine year old can be but the fact was, all he ever saw when anywhere near Tom was that awful scene in his mother’s bedroom. Even though his mother had explained the situation, that image had burned into his brain, and he had trouble dealing with it. His random wet nights were proof of that.

Tom continued. “Come and join us for some final photographs... I’m sure your mummy would love to have at least a couple with her son smiling on them.”

“But, but, I look like a toddler.”

“Actually Jonny, everyone thinks you look fantastic, smart, a credit to your mother... and she thinks the world of you...”

He heard the cubicle door unlatch.

It was then that Tom realised that wasn’t what Jonny was referring to... the front of his white shorts had a visible wet stain down the front.

“I got scared when... er... Nan... told me off... and I, I...”

For a brief second Tom thought he did look like a toddler; the shame and anxiety etched into his young face but smiled and told him not to worry it was hardly noticeable and easily fixed. Although in truth he wasn’t sure how he just wanted to get his new stepson out of the toilet and for them to re-join the rest of the guests.

#

Nervously, the soaked lad joined the rest of the crowd. Nobody noticed and no one said anything. Nan did eventually shuffle up and apologised for upsetting him. It was only the second time any adult had said ‘sorry’ to him and he was taken slightly aback. The first had been his mother the day after that ‘incident’.

“Look,” Gwen said, “I know I made things worse and I didn’t mean to... I just tried to jig you out of being miserable on your mum’s special day and I’m sorry because I did it all wrong.”

She sounded sincere and Jonny didn’t know where to put himself because it was his fault, he had been acting petulantly for no reason. Especially, as the shorts and blazer he and Paul wore to compliment what everyone else was wearing had been admired, including by the official photographer. He felt guilty now for not smiling and said sorry back to Nan.

“That’s all right dear but let’s get some pics now eh?”

“Erm, I’d rather not because, um,” he faltered, and showed Nan what the problem was.

“Oh I see, look,” she said brightly, “I have brought something you can change into... a nice disposable... just in case Paul got over excited. Would you like me to change you and then at least you don’t have to suffer wet undies?”

She could see him wavering.

“I doubt if anyone can tell from your shorts... but you must be feeling very squishy and uncomfortable in your cold damp undies so let’s at least sort that little problem out.”

Nan was both soothing and persuasive and it wasn’t like she’d not seen his nappy before when she’d babysat and got him ready for bed. The family knew he wore padding under his pyjamas so wearing a disposable would hardly be a first.

She was right about the clammy, itchiness and he saw the benefit of getting a change though wished it didn’t have to be a nappy. They may be okay to wear in bed and under his jammies but worried that some of the wedding guests might notice. However, after a few more words of encouragement he followed Nan to a private room where she was able to change him.

He was very grateful to get out of his wet briefs and did feel a lot more comfortable. Nan had in her bag some wet-wipes and a little tub of talc, and had helpfully packed a pair of plastic pants. However, the disposable was quite thick, which left him feeling very conscious of what he was wearing especially when eventually he danced with his mother. It was also amazing how, once he’d been changed, his attitude changed, and in each of the following photographs saw a very happy, smiling boy.

# tbc #

• Like 6

Jonny - part 2

The wedding crisis had passed and a new home for them all to share was the next adventure. Tom and Theresa put off their honeymoon until the new family were all settled. What that entailed was the house they all moved to had three bedrooms, and an adjacent granny flat for Nan. The two boys would share a large bedroom, Gemma would have the smallest, whilst mum and dad would have the bedroom with en-suite facilities. There was also a family bathroom, a garage and a pleasant conservatory leading to a fairly large back garden. Their new home was paid for, or at least the main part of the mortgage was paid for, by Nan, which was why she had a self-contained flat to herself - a little annexe leading off from the garage and into the back garden.

Tom’s mother Gwen had been a Godsend ever since his wife died. She’d been a constant pillar that he and the kids could rely on. She was always there when needed and made herself scarce so as not to intrude when they needed time on their own. She was also a top notch babysitter who Tom had relied on when courting Theresa. She made it known that she was still available for such duties whenever called upon but emphasised, would not get in the way. Her contribution to the mortgage meant that they actually relied on her more than perhaps was healthy but she seemed keen to make the new enlarged family as happy as possible.

Jonny had never shared a room before and at first there was a touch of resentment but, as he and Paul became firm friends that particular anxiety soon left him and the two got on well. Paul was in awe of his new stepbrother and loved it when they played together. Although Jonny had school friends and neighbours before, he’d never had a person constantly there. At first he resented endlessly being asked to play by the four year old but actually, once he started, quite enjoyed the fun and games it became easy to immerse themselves in. Paul and Jonny could often be found up in the bedroom playing with Paul’s castle and toys, imagining their own world and living out some amazing tale they’d just come up with.

Whereas, once it had been Gemma who read Paul a story at his bed time, now it was Jonny who took on the task. It was something he quite liked doing, which developed into helping the youngster with his own reading and numbers.

#

Nan was determined that she should treat her grandson and new step-grandson equally. She’d had the idea of dressing them the same for the wedding partly so there was no rivalry or argument. She also thought that the more time they spent together the better so bought games and toys that needed two players to help that come about. So, as it was, the boys spent quite a bit of their spare time together.

Although Gwen was not a blood relative Jonny realised that the old lady should be respected, his mother hadn’t brought him up to be anything but polite. So, although there was no real link, he, like his stepbrother and sister, treated ‘Nan’ with complete deference... what she said went without argument.

Meanwhile, back in their bedroom, Paul’s bed linen was all robots and superheroes, whereas Jonny’s was rockets and planets. They were each allowed posters on the walls around their beds and a little table with draw and small cupboard separated them. They shared a large closet with sliding mirrored doors and four drawers; the top two for Jonny’s stuff, the bottom two for Paul’s. There was another set of four drawers for underwear and jumpers and a table and two folding chairs they could both use if they wanted.

The four year old still had his stuffed animals, and a rather bedraggled dog which accompanied him almost everywhere, which took pride of place next to him as he slept. Jonny had brought his own teddy, the one he’d had since a baby, but who he no longer slept with, although the smiling bear always sat at the bottom of his bed when he went to sleep. A fun, illuminated clock was on the wall above the door, not only telling the time but also acting as a subtle night-light.

Gemma’s room, which the boys were forbidden to go in unless they had been invited by her, was very sophisticated (for a nine year old) in purple and soft lilac; her bedding matched the walls and posters she hung all around. The plethora of stuffed toys and dolls situated on most surfaces gave her age away but when lined up even they looked stylish.

In the family bathroom, in between the kid’s bedrooms, was another cupboard where Jonny’s emergency disposables, pile of fabric nappies, powder, creams, vinyl pants and other paraphernalia were kept. They had all hoped that with the change of address, and having a family around him, Jonny’s problem would eventually disappear. Unfortunately, after the initial four dry nights, when hope was high, the dream returned with more intensity than before. He wets on average two or three times a week, which means night time padding is required every night to be on the safe side.

#

When his mother gets him ready for bed he wears a thick fabric nappy pinned on tightly and white shiny vinyl pants to prevent any leaks. However, if she’s babysitting, when Nan gets him ready, which is usually the same time she puts Paul to bed, his nappy would include a large soaker pad and rubber pants that are much bulkier than when mother does it. Also, bedtime seemed to be moved forward, Nan insisting that it’s a shame to wake up Paul if Jonny went to bed at a different time. He wasn’t happy about this but it only happened if Tom and his mother were out and Nan left in charge. Although she never made Gemma go to bed any earlier, ‘she had her own room’ Nan reasoned when asked.

Nan also tried to make it more fun for the two boys. She figured that the more time they spent together the better they’d get on and, with her telling Jonny how great his little step-brother thought he was, the nine year-old found it more and more difficult to refuse to play with the four year-old. She’d often suggest, as a treat, that if they played quietly, they could stay up later as long as they stayed in their room.

Of course Paul loved this idea, he thought he was being treated as a big boy, whereas Jonny was really being treated the same as his little stepbrother. Although he wasn’t aware of it, Nan saw it as natural the two boys should be handled exactly the same, thus the matching outfits for the wedding, equal bedtimes, equal playtimes and equal amount of love and attention. Also, if she bought something for Paul, she’d buy something that coordinated for Jonny – the boys were growing more alike in dress and growing closer in attitude. They seemed to be enjoying each other’s company.

#

Nan liked getting Jonny ready for bed. Getting his nappy, booster pad and rubber pants reminded her that despite his wetting problems, he still looked endearing like her grandson; even more so when well padded, in his pyjamas and ready for bed. When he was dressed like that it was easier to think of him the same way she thought of Paul. She’d been sad when Paul became potty trained as she’d enjoyed that aspect of looking after him. However, she didn’t object to him growing up but was pleasantly surprised when Jonny arrived with his wetting problem.  She had a job to do and in doing it found that it brought her considerable joy. She hadn’t realised just how much she’d missed being in charge of changing a wet nappy, the clean-up, the powder, the creams and administering the replacement padding.

She loved this extra opportunity to take care of Jonny because changing a person was a very intimate and individual experience. She hoped that by her doing this and understanding his morning soak was something he couldn’t help, it would bring them closer together and that he trusted Nan to do her best for him. She always made sure that his night time protection was thick and leak-proof so he’d never wake up to damp bedding. The extra soaker pad she always applied down the centre of the nappy, although spreading his legs, made sure of that. It was how she used to nappy Paul when he was a baby and saw no reason to stop even though Jonny was so much older. In fact, if anything, she reasoned, his bladder would hold more so the more robust and thick his nappy was, the better.

To see the two boys playing in the room before ‘lights out’ was very rewarding because it meant that they were all getting on well together. Nan was proud that her son had found a wonderful woman to re-marry who had such a lovely, easy-going son – together they made a fantastic looking family. She was confident that with the correct encouragement, she’d have Jonny calling her son ‘dad’ and that would complete the picture.

#

Jonny had got used to calling Gwen Nan because he was never offered an alternative (and that’s what Paul and Gemma called her) but he didn’t call Tom dad. His mother had hoped that now she had a different surname that he would be happy to change his and accept Tom as his new father. Despite the fact that his real dad had abandoned him and his mother when he was three he found that hard to do but it was something that Nan had lately not been too happy about, she didn’t think it right.

In fact, she thought it downright disrespectful that a child was referring to an adult by his Christian name, especially when they were now all one big happy family. She didn’t appreciate this discrepancy and set about trying to persuade Jonny to adopt a more deferential approach when speaking to her son... who she thought he should call ‘daddy’.

Realistically both Tom and Theresa had hoped for the same but assumed that if they insisted then it would be harder for Jonny to accept and he’d resist possibly causing friction or worse. They wanted him to come to his own decision in his own time that way it would be on his terms and he wouldn’t feel he’d been made to do it. What was making matters worse was that both Gemma and Paul had no problem with calling Theresa ‘mummy’.

#

Tom had taken a great deal of care before the marriage for his kids to get to know Theresa and of their future plans. He’d also gently told them that although they must never forget mummy, which was harder for Gemma to do than Paul who hardly knew her, that he would be pleased if they called Theresa mum once they were married. He’d spent quite some time letting his kids know how important it was to him that they should all be one big family and by calling Theresa mum (or mummy) that would be fantastic and would prove that he had the best and most understanding children in the world. He lay it on thick just what it would mean to him if they complied and, with Nan’s help, they all settled into doing just that. Oddly, it was something that had never occurred to Theresa to do the same with Jonny until the marriage when she found herself immediately being called mummy.

What nobody knew was that Jonny didn’t see Tom as a father figure. He was that big brute attacking his naked mother and although she’d tried to dispel that notion and his wrong interpretation of what exactly had happened, Jonny could never lose that picture seared into his brain. They didn’t know when that awful ‘dream’ was re-enacted over and over again as he slept was the reason he continued to pee the bed at night. The problem was that image was getting worse... so the wetting also got heavier... and there was no one he could tell. He was so repulsed and shocked by what he’d witnessed he’d have trouble repeating it to anyone. Besides which, he was embarrassed that at nine years old he wet the bed so the less people who knew the better. Also, his inhibition meant he couldn’t expose the reason for that almost nightly flood and didn’t want to divulge that wet fact anyway.

Neither Paul nor Gemma commented on his nightly protection regime, it was just something that their new brother needed. Gemma hadn’t had a wet night since she was a precocious, potty trained two year-old. Paul hadn’t had a wet night since he was three but had accidents at nursery on a couple of occasions, which left the front of his pants soaked. This was why Nan now always kept a spare disposable and various other odds and sods she thought might be useful, in her large shoulder bag, which accompanied her everywhere.

There was never an occasion when something was urgently needed that wasn’t in her contingency supplies. Plasters for cuts, balm for bruises, tissues for a sudden sneezing fit, chocolate for hungry kids, bottle of water for a thirsty... anybody... she seemed to have every circumstance covered. ‘Preparation and anticipation were Nan’s watchwords. Also, she made sure that she said daddy when talking to all the kids about Tom. “Your daddy said this... or... daddy wants that” type of thing. Jonny still found it hard to call him that but Nan was adamant that should change and hoped that by this constant reference it would eventually become second nature.

#

A month after they’d moved into their new home, school broke up and Jonny and Gemma began the long summer holiday, what they hadn’t known was a surprise was planned. A secret wedding gift had been made by the CEO of where Theresa and Tom worked, which meant that for two weeks his villa in Spain was available to the family. The parents and Nan had found it hard to keep it a secret but wanted to see the kid’s faces when they were told, just two nights before, they were going abroad on holiday for a fortnight. The excitement the kids expressed was just what their parents had hoped for – pure elation.

Passports had already been changed, flights booked, Euros bought, a pick-up service arranged at the other end (again all thanks to Nan’s impeccable organising abilities) as they all set about packing their cases.

Paul only made sure his little battered stuffed doggie was the first thing into his small case, after that he was stuck what to pack so Nan did his. Gemma wanted a much bigger case as she had tons of new clothes and swimsuits she wanted to take but was restricted to what would fit. Jonny was also unsure what to take or whether nappies should be included, Nan told him not to worry she would do his packing if he kept Paul entertained for the afternoon. The two boys were just too hot and excited to do anything except play in the garden and enthusiastically chat about all the fun they were going to have when they got to the beach.

Theresa showed images of the villa, the beach and the small nearby town where they’d be staying and everything looked pretty perfect. The promise of sun, sea and sand for two weeks bringing out a flurry of unrestrained delight in the children as none of them had been abroad before.

#

On the day of departure, and as mum and dad were pulling all the other elements together, it was Nan who got the boys ready. Once again they were smartly dressed in their wedding outfit of matching shorts and blazer (minus ties) for the flight. This time there wasn’t so much as a murmur of indignation from Jonny, he was just too excited. Gwen had wondered whether it would be advisable for the boys to wear padding for the trip but in the end decided against it. Gemma wore new jeans and a colourful blouse, which made her look more like a teenager than an almost ten year old. All together the kids looked a credit to their parents and it was obvious to see the admiring looks the family received from some of the other passengers as they boarded the plane.

When they first arrived at the villa the pool was just so inviting and became the catalyst for the start of the holiday enjoyment. Almost before they’d unpacked the boys especially wanted to go for a swim. It had been a hot and muggy journey, so everyone saw the benefit of cooling down before they did anything else.

Nan had another surprise for the boys and produced a small package for each of them. They excitedly ripped them open to discover new swimwear. She wasn’t sure how they would go down but she’d seen the boys watching this particular programme together on several occasions and thought they’d look like brothers if they had the same item.

Although still not ten, Gemma, once again, looked the part of a stylish teen, as she wore her bikini, loose-fitting translucent fabric shawl and trendy dark glasses. Paul and Jonny looked like little kids, dressed as they were in their new matching nylon Spongebob swimming trunks, which both found “awesome”. Nan was happy that her choice had been a success and that Jonny seemed to be in-tune with Paul and vice versa.

Theresa and Tom were pleased that the kids got on and that Jonny seemed happy to spend so much time with his new little brother. Although Gemma and Jonny were the same age, the difference between them was profound, whereas she was eager to grow up, Jonny appeared to be in no rush. The fact that with the change of address; came a change of school so, now they lived in a different part of the city, old mates had been left behind.

Although she had moments of silly childishness, Gemma maintained an air of youthful elegance about her; whereas, the boys were constantly noisy, living in a make-believe world of imagination and fun, or generally mucking about.

It was too hot to just lie around in the sun so they all spent the rest of that first day enjoying the pleasures of their own personal, refreshing swimming pool. The boys of course made it their playground so nobody really got much opportunity to relax... although it was terrific fun.

“Daddy, come play.” “Daddy teach me to swim.” “Daddy can we...” “Daddy....” The non-stop demand of Paul for his father’s attention eventually drew out the first time that even Jonny, who was having a great time jumping and diving into the welcoming water, called out “Daddy look at me.”

Tom, not missing his cue, said, “That’s my boy... well done” and jumped in beside the boys making a huge fun splash, which wet Theresa who was happily lying out on a lounger. Everyone laughed.

From that moment on Jonny took his prompt from Paul and began to say “Daddy” especially if it was Tom whose turn it was to get the nine year-old ready for bed and into his protection. Whilst on holiday there were no time restrictions on when anyone went to bed. When they were tired it was time, which nearly always meant, as at home when Nan was in charge, that the boys went to bed at the same time. Jonny had accepted his bedtime was the same as his brother’s now and didn’t make a fuss about Gemma staying up longer, which in any case, was rarely much later.

# tbc #

• Like 2

Jonny – part 3

From their shared bedroom window Jonny stared out across the brilliant blue sea, whilst Paul slept blissfully on top of his little bed. The heat made the need for blankets or even sheets somewhat redundant. The villa was on top of a small rocky hill with spectacular scenes up and down the coastline and a panoramic view across the Mediterranean. From above, even at that hour, the large blue inviting pool below, surrounded by a wooden decked area, was beckoning the slightly bedraggled primary riser. The early morning sun was already making its presence felt and the warmth was causing the nine year-old’s soaked nappy to feel even soggier.

He’d been wearing night time protection for almost nine months now. He never knew when he was going to wet but often, at least once a week, the ‘pee fairy’ would visit and fill his nappy so didn’t look like getting out of them anytime soon. Well, that was what he wanted his roomy Paul to believe, even if it was all a bit childish.

For their holiday Nan had packed matching clothing for them both. If Paul wore a red stripy top and shorts, Jonny wore a similar designed blue stripy top with shorts. If Jonny wore a t-shirt with and action figures on it, so did Paul. Paul always sat next to Jonny when having meals and they could often be found in deep conversation planning events and games. When out and about there was never any doubt that these two boys were brothers (Nan had very cleverly managed to get them the same haircut), they looked so alike, with Jonny the eldest but only by a year or two.  

Daddy, Mummy and Nan all appreciated the fact that the two separate families were now just one big ‘proper’ family although perhaps Theresa and Tom didn’t realise the efforts that Gwen had contributed in making this so. She continued to exert her influence especially over the boys. There wasn’t a time when, if she complimented one of them, the other didn’t also receive a compliment. Equality, fairness and continuity... the boys never received any kind of favouritism.

As another special gift she’d bought them identical lightweight cotton pyjamas; they were just a top and shorts with SpongeBob goofing around as their motif. She’d also managed to find a pair of SpongeBob plastic pants that matched everything perfectly so the cover of his night time protection matched their PJs. Jonny’s eyes actually lit up when he saw them and was happy to dump the thick shiny white rubber ones he’d been wearing lately. Paul thought he looked ‘totally awesome’ (he said mimicking SpongeBob’s high-pitch voice) in them although, even with the air conditioner, they were pretty hot to sleep in.

However, he couldn’t not sleep in them; the embarrassment of wetting someone else’s bed would be just too awful to think about. So, despite them being flimsy, he shrugged off the shorts and slept only in his nappy and new fun plastic pants. It helped that back home the boys were hooked on the cartoon character’s show and could often be seen glued to the TV and giggling to each other and using his catchphrases when it was on. Never had a pair of plastic pants had such an effect, they fitted in perfectly with the general ambiance of the holiday – FUN - and Nan was pleased with her silly but popular purchase.

#

Of course, Paul had never questioned why Jonny wet; he just accepted that he did. However, even though he didn’t have to explain Jonny wanted him to think it wasn’t something he did on purpose. Although still not five, he was the perfect bedroom buddy; fun to be with and never complained. The nightly rustling as Jonny snuggled down never eliciting one word of censure as the young boy slept like a log most nights, happy in the knowledge that his new best friend was only inches away.

Even the sight of a saggy, soaked nappy and smell of warm morning pee never made the four year-old feel superior as he woke wearing dry pyjamas. Only once had something been said and that was by Gemma who’d witnessed that early morning sag. She meant it in fun, but as soon as she saw how upset it had made Jonny, apologised profusely.

Of course, over the years since her mum had died she’d helped her dad and Nan with raising the baby, so nappies and such paraphernalia didn’t make much impact on her. In some way, like Nan, she thought it made Jonny even cuter so if she did comment it was always positive. Much to Jonny’s embarrassment, occasionally she’d pat his thick padded bottom and call him her “most cuddlesome, hunk of a brother”.

Nan could take credit for the way she handled the boys and although he probably wasn’t aware of it, Jonny slipped effortlessly back to his formative years. She simply continued to treat them the same telling her son and new daughter-in-law how wonderful it was that the boys got on so well. They all agreed that was indeed a terrific thing but Theresa was slightly anxious that Jonny didn’t seem to have any mates his own age since the move.

“I’m sure he has no trouble making friends?” Gwen reasoned when Theresa brought up her concern.

“I think it’s admirable of the lad getting to know his new family better before he gets involved with anyone else.” Gwen smiled her winning smile. “However, I’m sure he has mates at school, he’s a very bright and good-looking boy... look who’s brought him up.”

Of course flattery worked and Theresa hardly noticed the slight manipulation.

#

Meanwhile, the nine year old was standing at the bedroom window taking in the glorious holiday view excited that after breakfast a full day of water-based entertainment had been arranged. The fine sandy beach offered loungers, parasols and sandcastle building opportunities. The rocky outcrop presented the prospect for snorkelling and there were an abundance of pedalos, jet-skis, speedboat trips and excursions. He couldn’t wait to get started and looked across at his still slumbering roomy. He wished he was awake and then at least they could play and plan their day because the rest of the household were slow getting up... so he had to wait... all wet and saggy. Perhaps oddly, the toothy grinning plastic pants made him feel a lot better about his damp circumstances.

Nan was the first to show, mum and dad deciding that they would lie in for a bit whilst she got the kids breakfast and out into the sunny morning. Although there was the pool at the villa the newly-weds wanted a bit of time to themselves so the day’s plan was that Nan would usher the brood down to the beach where loads of other kids would be around having fun.

Actually, Jonny hadn’t been the first to raise Nan had been up for ages preparing for the trip to the beach. She’d packed towels, drinks, snacks, sun-cream and just about anything else they might need in her copious bag. She knew that Tom and Theresa would want to be ‘alone’, for a while at least, and was keen that they should have their privacy so woke up Gemma and Paul to get them excited about the trip down to the beach.

Gemma said she’d rather just lay by the pool but Nan said that wasn’t going to happen, she was coming down to the beach with the boys. She may well have wanted to argue with Nan but as she never had, it would be difficult to start now. So, after Jonny had been changed out of his nightly soak and the two boys encouraged into just their swim suits, they had breakfast and the troop of four, accompanied by a couple of inflatables, wondered down from their rocky heights and onto the rapidly filling beach. Nan found a couple of loungers and a parasol to camp under, spread out a huge towel and set things down. She then told them to go off and play but that she’d be keeping an eye on them so to play nicely and more importantly, play safely.

She pointed out the lifeguards tower in the middle of the beach, the marker floats that bathers had to stay inside of and hung a brightly coloured pendant from the parasol so they knew where she was if the beach became crowded. She also told them that they could have ice-creams later and if they needed a cool drink, she had some in a cool bag hidden in the shade. She rubbed the boys in sun cream and they charged off down the water’s edge.

Meanwhile, Gemma settled on the second lounger in the shade and relaxed reading a fashion magazine. However, the constant demands from the boys to ‘come and play’ eventually got to her and she joined them to paddle in the warm sea.

#

Whether anybody noticed or not, Nan had done an incredible job at integrating the family. Her encouragement, subtle (and not so subtle) praise, taking on responsibility so the two newly-weds could find their own space without worrying about the kids and the way she integrated Paul and Jonny into becoming the best of friends, had made the entire transition from two families to one... almost imperceptible.

Oddly enough it had been Jonny’s wetting problem that had made the entire process that much easier. Although he was almost five years older than his stepbrother, Gwen was able to make them behave like equals. She’d done that by simply treating them the same way in all her dealings and they had, especially surprising for Jonny, complied.

After that first argument with Jonny at the wedding, she’d gone out of her way to try and do nothing but encourage him and heap praise even when emerging with a soaked nappy first thing in a morning. She wanted him to think of her as a friend, a confidant and not someone who was judging him and tried her best to smooth that path.

He, in turn, was glad to have allies. No one in the family poked fun at him for wetting and Nan always had a smile and a comment that never left him feeling worse about himself. He’d hoped that with the marriage his nightmare, and thus the wet mornings, would have vanished but he still had them and even if he didn’t remember having them, still woke up soaked. Of course he wished he didn’t have the problem, but, although his wetting wasn’t constant, he never knew when his dream would strike, so was glad of the family support... and the beneficial nappy.

Gwen also thought that if and when Jonny’s nocturnal accidents stopped, he may well revert to being a typical nine year-old and that would create a completely different, and perhaps more complex and stubborn boy. Even if she was getting to be quite a handful, it was okay to have Gemma at that age, but Jonny as well, would be quite a trial. For the foreseeable future at least she wanted to keep him as he was now, innocently acting like his younger stepbrother.

Without actually saying the words Nan had made Jonny feel that because he wore a nappy at night time, then he really was just a little kid. He wasn’t younger than Paul but he wasn’t that much older either and, because of the nappy, Jonny accepted that as his place in the family.

Gwen managed to keep Theresa and Tom onside by saying how incredible she thought it was that Paul was growing up so quickly (and delightfully) all thanks to the influence of Jonny. Of course, when he heard such praise the nine year-old was filled with pride that he was influencing his new bother so much. As Theresa and Tom had taken their eyes off the ball, still being a bit dewy-eyed over each other, Nan had become the primary care giver.

She’d continued to make sure Jonny’s night time protection was thick and always made him a nice long drink (if she was supervising bedtime), in the form of a sweet warm treat, just to help him sleep. Of course, without being aware, this more or less guaranteed his nappy would be soaked the following morning, dream or no dream.

Thus Jonny’s development was kept in check and it appeared that whilst he still had his wetting problem, which doctors had so far failed to diagnose, his juvenile side was accepted as normal... the regular nappy and plastic pants every night, reinforcing that judgement.

#

The third morning of the holiday he woke up to a disaster, he’d filled his nappy with both pee and poo. He’d been complaining of a slight tummy ache the night before, possibly as a result of something he ate, and Nan had given him antacid liquid to relieve the symptoms. Alas, it had no effect and the results were very messy.

It was Paul who raised the alarm, having woken up and wondered what the smell was. He’d even checked out the window to see if the sea had somehow delivered the nasty pong but it had soon become apparent where the responsibility lay. This time Paul roused Theresa and his daddy first who were quickly on the scene.

This was the first time Jonny had actually messed his morning nappy and was crushed at what happened. A very weepy nine year-old stood legs wide apart, aware of the drama that now occupied his nappy that even the goofy SpongeBob plastic pants couldn’t conceal. He was sure there’d be some serious repercussions for what had occurred, and, as he saw it, ruining everybody else’s holiday. In fact, his mum’s sympathetic compassion brought tears of relief from the distraught boy as she set about guiding him to the bathroom so the thorough clean-up could begin.

Once out of the mess she made him sit on the toilet and make sure there was nothing else left. A good move as it happened because a further deluge followed. Jonny was dehydrated and tired, the previous night he’d hardly slept as the stomach ache continued to cause problems. In the early hours he’d eventually dropped off only to wake and find what his tummy had been telling him all night was deposited in his night time protection.

It appeared that everyone wanted to help in any way they could and the bathroom was filled with one naked boy getting a thorough scrubbing and a host of helpful hands bringing soaps, lotions, oils, powder and fresh clothing. Even though he didn’t wear protection during the day Nan brought a fresh double disposable and convinced Theresa that to be on the safe side, perhaps it was wise to keep him well protected – after all “...they didn’t want any further accidents did they?” It seemed a sensible precaution, which, despite a half-hearted protest from the culprit, was applied.

#

So, as Paul and Gemma, mum and dad splashed, swam and had fun in the villa’s inviting pool, Jonny was huddled in the shade under a large awning lying next to Nan who offered pleasant platitudes to keep his spirits up. Meanwhile, after such a disaster his tummy felt a little more settled though with the Mediterranean heat he roasted in the thick nappy and what appeared to be even thicker rubber pants (thanks to a well prepared Nan), wishing they would allow him to go for a dunk.

He was sure his trouble was behind him and begged to be allowed to go for a swim but bound as he was in such sturdy fortification, that wasn’t going to happen any time soon. So, until they were sure his disturbed tummy and messy effluence had finished, the pool was out-of-bounds. No one wanted the job of fishing out a jobbie or emptying the pool because of a messy accident. Jonny had to stay land-bound and because of that, and his disturbed night, fell asleep on the lounger next to Nan.

#

It was lunchtime, and everyone was congregating around the barbecue area. Nan roused her sleepy neighbour and at the same time ran a finger under the rubber pants. He was soaked.

He’d only had a glass of water all day but it had still run straight through and flooded the thick material. Luckily the chunky rubber pants had kept him airtight and leak-proof.

“Oh Sweetie it’s not your day.” Nan murmured, “Let’s get you changed.”

She indicated to Theresa that’s what she was doing who acknowledged with a nod of thanks as she served up lunch to the others. The smell of burgers, sausages and chicken on the open pit was wonderful for all those hungry mouths but had produced a sudden feeling of nausea in Jonny. He barely got to the toilet for the second visit of the day before he threw up.

“Oh darling... it’s definitely not your day. Perhaps we tried to rush things.” Nan said as she gently held the poor vomiting lad over the bowl.

At the same time he found his bladder seemed to support his poorly tummy and produced a steady stream into his already well-soaked nappy.

The poor boy was miserable and exhausted. Although the flood had left his crotch feeling warm he really wanted out of his wet nappy and restrictive rubber pants but knew that they had saved him much embarrassment over the last few hours.

His mum came up to check as Nan changed his nappy once again. She offered words of comfort and support as Nan pushed two soaker pads into the thick nappy and pinned him in.

“I’m not sure he’s quite over it,” Gwen spoke quietly to Theresa, “but hopefully the worst will have passed as he’s just been sick.”

“Oh my poor baby.” She said rushing over to her dejected looking son.

She could see how huge the latest padding was but agreed with Gwen that for the time being at least such precautions were probably necessary. Jonny was too shattered to complain and welcomed the suggestion of returning to bed and sleep it off.

“You’ll feel a lot better once you’ve had a nice long sleep... so just snuggle down. I’ll pull the blinds and you just relax and try to get some shut-eye.” His mum whispered and stroked his brow.

“Thanks for all your help,” she mouthed to Gwen as the older lady smiled and disappeared back to the barbecue area to get her own lunch.

#

Even with the air con running it was too warm to snuggle down so Jonny lay, wiped-out on his back, on top of the sheets. His bulky nappy spaced out his legs and made him look like a poor defenceless little baby but there were no complaints he was too far gone.

For the briefest of seconds the thought that a dummy would help him settle flitted in and out of Theresa’s head. He was nine, almost ten, but just seeing him so wrapped and vulnerable her heart melted with memories of him as a little baby. She knew that because of the excitement of marriage, and all the changes that happened over the past few weeks, she hadn’t paid as much attention as perhaps she should have to her son and hoped he hadn’t felt neglected.  

She comforted him with soothing words and continued those gentle strokes to his forehead telling him to relax and not worry about anything. She patted the padding and hoped it would hold if he had another fierce rectal reaction but anticipated Gwen’s words to be accurate and that he’d recover completely once he’d slept.

He wriggled and his plastic pants crinkled softly in the pleasant air-con atmosphere of the bedroom. They weren’t his SpongeBob pair that had brought a smile to everyone’s face but the thicker shiny rubber ones Gwen had bought for the trip. They were there to make sure there couldn’t be any kind of mishap. It was amazing how prepared her new mother-in-law had been and how correct she’d been with that preparation. Theresa stayed gently caressing his padding until he dropped off just a few minutes later. 

# tbc #

• Like 1

Jonny – part 4

Oblivious to the noise that continued below his window as the rest of the family enjoyed the pool and diversions it offered, Jonny slept deeply and dream-free but unconsciously flooded his padding once again. The water everyone had encouraged him to drink to help rehydrate finding an easy path directly into the thirsty fabric.

Throughout the afternoon regular checks were made on the patient but Gwen was of the opinion that the longer he slept the better he’d be. No one really thought that was a bad idea. After almost five hours of unconsciousness Jonny awoke to find Paul quietly playing at the side of his bed.

“Oh hi Paul,” he said sleepily, “how long have you been there?”

“A little while, I thought you might need some company... but you were asleep in your special pants.”

Paul had begun to call Jonny’s night time protection, his special pants, which was quite endearing, so there was no shame attached and Jonny never felt the need to hide them away. There were several toy cars between his little brother’s legs, he hadn’t changed out of his SpongeBob swimming costume and looked like he had the beginnings of a tan. Young Paul was beginning to look quite the seasoned holiday-maker.

“You look cool in your trunks...” Paul looked down and smiled at the stretchy fabric that surrounded his boyish parts.

“I think we look cool together...”

Jonny couldn’t deny the fact that both felt the holiday spirit when they’d first received their present from Nan, and, when wearing them for the first time, there was a pleasure both experienced.

“Do you know what time it is?” Jonny asked Paul.

He shook his head. “I’ll go and get daddy.”

#

A few seconds later he arrived back with his father.

“Nice to see you back in the land of the living... how do you feel?” He looked relieved to find that some colour had returned to Jonny’s nakedness.

“A lot better thanks... erm... is mum or Nan about...” he looked down at his soaked nappy.

“Don’t worry, I’ll see to it. You just relax whilst I get a washcloth and a towel. If you’re up to it later, we fancy a night in the village... there’s some kind of festival going on with all sorts happening... what do you think?”

He disappeared to the bathroom and returned with a handful of things he needed.

As Tom started to pull down the plastic pants and undo the nappy he engaged him in chat.

“I bet you’re starving aren’t you?”

Jonny thought about it for a second and said he was, as well as very thirsty.

Relieving him of the extra thick soaker pads, which appeared to have done the job admirably, he continued to chat.

“Oh I see your mum was taking no chances... and quite rightly as it turned out... you’re soaked... have you been swimming in the pool in this.”

He joked light-heartedly as he removed the soggy mass from between the nine year-olds legs.

Jonny wanted to tell him it was Nan but really it made no difference. It had been a very fat nappy but he’d needed it to contain everything, he couldn’t complain when it had done its job.

Tom wiped the damp skin clean and checked there was no sign of a rash; Gwen had done a pretty good job in keeping that particular area clean, dry and inflammation free.  Thankfully there had been no further messy accidents just well pee-soaked pads. 

“Look, I’m sure you’ll be fine from now on but I think I’ll put you in another nappy until we’re completely sure you’re over it... okay?”

Tom was being as understanding as possible and didn’t want Jonny thinking he was being mean making him wear more padding.

This time it was just a simple fabric nappy with a pair of loose shiny blue vinyl pants over it. Jonny sighed, wondering if he’d ever get out of having to wear protection but, despite the resentment of the situation, understood it was probably for his own good.

#

Meanwhile, Paul had changed out of his swimmers and wore a pair of Bob the Builder briefs, but carried with him a pair of blue shorts and a navy blue striped t-shirt.

His father looked at him. “Well thank you son... that’s very nice of you...”

“There for Jonny daddy... I’ll go and get mine.”

He toddled to the draw and pulled out a pair of white shorts with a pale blue striped t-shirt. He loved that everything he wore matched with Jonny’s clothes. He liked that they both looked the same because it made him feel he was like his big brother. Meanwhile, Jonny wasted no time getting dressed, quickly pulling his shorts up over the slippery ‘special pants’ as Paul called them.

Tom smiled and handed him his t-shirt.

“Thanks... erm... dad.” Jonny mumbled as he finished dressing.

It wasn’t that he was nervous of people seeing his nappy, everyone knew about them. He just needed to hide the memory of the past few hours as soon as possible.

“That’s okay son.”

He ruffled Jonny’s hair and told both him and Paul how smart they looked and that he’d better get a move on himself and ready for the trip into the village.

#

Now Jonny’s tummy and general well-being felt much better he wanted to be out in what was left of the late afternoon sun.

The boys looked casual and smart as they always did under Nan’s supervision, but now dressed themselves in matching outfits without her direction... it had somehow become second nature. Meanwhile, whilst waiting on the others they went to sit by the pool. Jonny sat in the shade, with Paul sitting between his legs, cushioned by the thick padding there, and read a story as his big brother helped him learn the harder words. This was something they’d been doing a lot of over the past few weeks and as a result Paul’s speech and spelling were coming on very well indeed.

Gwen had been keen to heap praise on Jonny whenever he did something like this and other members of the family also noted his thoughtfulness. Paul just loved being with his big brother and would have done anything for him so, as they both were receiving praise, these little sessions became a regular occurrence .

#

It was the Fiesta of the local Patron Saint so music, dancing, special food and drink, as well as the parade of a statue of the holy deity through the village, made for a busy evening. As a result the place was packed with both locals and tourists. The atmosphere was alive with friendliness and excitement especially when the bay lit up under a barrage of colourful but noisy fireworks.

The whooshes, sizzles and bangs echoed around the bay bringing cheers and whoops from the large crowd. Many children were both excited and scared and held onto their parent’s hands for security and protection. Paul clung to Jonny but in all the excitement, and after a particularly loud bang nearby, accidently let a stream of pee drench the front of his shorts. It was a good bet that he wasn’t the only four year-old there who would have done so but was very upset by what had taken place.

Jonny could tell from the grip on his hand that something was wrong and looked at his little brother as tears began to fill his eyes. Even in the crush Jonny could see what the problem was and bent down to comfort his sobbing roomy.

“Don’t worry Pauly... I bet Nan has something... let’s go and find her... get you a bit drier hmm?”

Jonny guided his brother back from the beach edge where they’d been watching the display to where the grown-ups were still sitting at their outside restaurant table. Gwen was first to see the wetness growing on his white shorts and didn’t really need Jonny to explain that a loud noise had frightened him. However, as usual, Nan was prepared for most occasions and whisked her teary-eyed grandson off to the services at the rear of the restaurant to get him out of his soaked pants.

#

Alas, once she had him out of his wet shorts and undies, cleaned, dried and powdered him, the disposable that was aimed for Jonny, became a huge new pair of underpants for Paul. She shimmied up a pair of blue plastic pants and although everything was big on him at least he was dry. She hadn’t brought an extra pair of shorts so Paul was left wearing just his bulging protection for the rest of the night. Although at first he was anxious it barely raised an eyebrow because his family were used to seeing Jonny wearing something similar.

“Pauly’s got his own ‘special pants’... yea.” Was the only comment needed from Jonny to get the anxious youngster to loosen up and enjoy the rest of the evening.

Soon the two boys were happily playing together on the beach with other kids as the grown-ups relaxed with their drinks.

They got back to the villa quite late and the kids were trying hard to keep their eyes open. It had been a wonderful night, even Paul’s accident hadn’t dampened the spirit only his pants. After a series of ‘Good-Nights’ Gemma was first off to bed followed very closely by the boys. Theresa went up to check they were tucked in and watched as Jonny wriggled out of his shorts and stood at the side of his bed wearing only his nappy.

“Are you dry sweetie?”

He checked and smiled back in relief. “Yes I’m fine.”

“What about you darling, it’s been quite a night for you?”

Tiredly Paul looked up and indicated that he was also okay.

“Well, do you want to wear your pjs... or... for tonight, do you want to be like Jonny and just wear your ‘special pants’? You look like twins.” She beamed.

Paul simply shuffled under the top sheet of his bed in answer and Jonny did the same.

“Well boys, thank you both for a wonderful evening but I think it’s time for night-nights.”

“Night mum,” they both chorused.

For the first time there was a mutual crinkle as the boys turned to get comfortable... it was the last sound they heard before sleep took them off to their own little dreamland.

#

With morning came the surprise that both protection wearers were dry. Theresa checked them and got them dressed in their SpongeBob swimming trunks because with the heat that’s all they really needed to wear. It was another day by the villa pool and, although it was pleasant down at the beach, it did get crowded so was nice to have such facilities all to themselves.

Gemma seemed to have let her slight reserve go and was acting her age, screaming, laughing, floating and super-soaking everyone who moved... no one was safe. It was amazing how quickly the day went and Nan had prepared a lovely evening meal they all enjoyed sat next to the pool, watching the sunset and stars gather in the crystal clear sky.

At night, Paul spent only that one time wearing protection and returned to his pjs for the rest of the holiday. Although Jonny was wearing his nightly armour, he didn’t wake up wet either for the rest of the holiday. Everyone took this as a fantastic sign that hopefully, his problem was over. 

#

That first night home was a trial. For the first time in so many months he wasn’t made to wear any kind of protection except his jammies. Once again he and Paul wore the same style and went to bed at the same time. It was a big event for him and he was nervous in case he did wet. Strangely, because he had no padding, he found sleep evading him for quite some time. He tossed and turned, this time without the crinkle accompaniment his plastic pants added, but the rustle of the plastic mattress protector was still there if a little muted - he found sleep difficult.

When Nan came in and saw he was still awake suggested that a nice warm glass of milk should aid sleep and did he want to try. Over in the other bed Paul was sleeping soundly and so as not to disturb him any further Jonny agreed. A couple of minutes later and she returned with a cup of warm milk with a nice vanilla essence, she thought it might make it tastier for him to drink. He liked that a lot.

She sat with him gently stroking his hair and trying to get him to relax and when he’d finished she helped him settle down. The drink seemed to work as he quickly snuggled under the blankets and was soon drifting off into a dreamless sleep.

#

The first morning back brought with it joy that his bed was dry and so was his jammies. This was ten mornings without a soaking, the longest he’d gone since that very first nightmare all that time ago.

This arid spell soon saw the confidence levels in Jonny rise and the thought that he no longer needed to wear nappies at night raised his spirits even higher. It was like he’d accepted the boundaries that had been set when he had to wear a nappy, now that he didn’t; he wanted a different and more grown-up set of limitations.

However, with his growing self-confidence came an independence that impacted on Paul more than anyone else. Jonny spent less time with his little brother and more time with new friends his own age he now sought out on the estate. Free from the nightmare, now he accepted Tom as his dad and saw what a nice chap he really was, things had changed in Jonny’s mind at least.

It was amazing how quickly, once out of wearing a nappy at night that the almost ten year-old began to assert himself. He wasn’t a pain, didn’t throw tantrums, just knew what he wanted and wasn’t easily persuaded otherwise. The total acquiescence to Nan’s bidding disappeared but the independence that Gemma enjoyed was now his and the difference between pre-holiday and nappies, to post-holiday and no nappies was life transforming.

Nan still tried to guide, co-ordinate and persuade the older boy to accept certain boundaries but, with the restriction of nappies now no longer relevant, he pursued his own course.

#

He still shared a room with his little brother, and occasionally played with him but deliberately steered away from anything that matched what Paul was wearing (despite Nan’s best efforts) and started asking for more say in clothing intended for him. Of course both Theresa and Tom found this a natural situation for a growing boy to want to be in but Gwen had liked what had been created and didn’t take to such a sudden and drastic change.

When Jonny had turned up almost a year earlier with a wetting problem Gwen had thought it was disgusting that a boy of his age should still be wetting. She didn’t know why he was doing so, it just didn’t seem right. However, as the weeks ticked by she saw the advantages of his padding that would benefit everyone once they were just one big family. She even got to like changing Jonny, it brought them closer and as a result her influence became stronger. She had made sure that when she changed him it was into a much thicker nappy. Nan wanted him to have very little movement and be dependent on others. She wanted that back, even washing freshly soaked nappies every morning had not dampened her enthusiasm for keeping a boy in nappies.

#

One night, a couple of months after Jonny no longer needing to wear a nappy at night, but desperate for her authority to return, as he was reading, Nan brought a warm glass of strawberry milk up last thing for him to have before sleep. He took a sip and then put it down on the little dresser between his and Paul’s beds. Nan asked him if he was going to finish it and said he would but not straight away. She knew it would be suspicious if she insisted so, wished him good night, and went back downstairs. Jonny eventually finished the chapter, closed the book and slipped into a very comfortable position under his welcoming blanket.

A few minutes after he’d dozed off Paul awoke feeling thirsty and, seeing the glass of milk standing there (though barely warm) took a sip. It was strawberry flavour his favourite and eagerly downed the lot.

The following morning, it wasn’t Jonny with a wet bed but Paul who couldn’t understand why his bed was soaked. Nan knew but decided to keep quiet about her involvement in the disaster and quickly disposed of the evidence.

Paul was confused but even more so when that evening his daddy took him up to bed and put him in a nappy, “to be on the safe side”.

The four year-old was very distressed by it all but as his daddy pointed out, it was what Jonny needed when he wet. Meanwhile, there was no need for the youngster to worry or be upset because he would be well protected until they knew this new incident was just a one off.

Jonny’s observation that Paul now had his own ‘special pants’ made the situation easier for the poor confused lad to come to terms with. Because his older brother had worn them, it wasn’t as big of a problem that it might have been.

#

Of course, now Jonny didn’t need to be put in protection at night he went to bed a little later, in fact, the same time as Gemma. So Paul had no one to talk to, play with or have him read stories and fell into a sad slump. The outcome of this despondency was that he wet for the next few nights. Nan stepped in to read him his nightly story and encourage him to not let wetting the bed worry him. Now he was in protection, she reassured the little tyke, it was best for him to wake up with a wet nappy than a wet bed.

Tom and Theresa had gone through it once so weren’t put out by this new setback. In fact, they wondered if it wasn’t some sort of emotional reaction to his older brother no longer needing padding. However, it was decided by his parents that Paul was to be treated exactly as they had done Jonny, nightly containment with no condemnation. Even though he’d soon be five, it was not a stain on his character he wet at night and he shouldn’t be ashamed of the padding he needed for a good night’s sleep... and dry bed.

It never occurred to anyone how bizarre it was that as soon as Jonny was out of nappies, Paul was suddenly back in them. As they hadn’t really known why Jonny had wet for as long as he had, they didn’t have a take on why Paul had started. It was something to deal with but not make a big deal about especially if it might embarrass the youngster. Because of Jonny they had a huge supply of nappies and plastic and rubber pants so although slightly large for him, they would suffice.

So, like his stepbrother before him, Paul was thickly protected each night, with the soothing words of Nan before he went to sleep that it was okay for a boy to wet his nappy as that was what they were for. He shouldn’t be ashamed or worried if he did as it was only natural whilst he had this little problem. She was full of soft words, encouragement and empathy as she loaded the extra soak pads so that the plastic pants didn’t sag.

“There, never has a boy looked so good in his special pants.” Nan praised as he wriggled contentedly in their cushiony comfort.

She even reinstated his scruffy-looking stuffed dog, which had been neglected for the last few weeks. Now as he fell asleep Nan pushed it into his arms so he could snuggle down with a friend.

She even helped him get used to the bulk under his jammies by giving him a tasty drink before he settled down. This occasional treat was to be a secret between him and Nan, which the youngster innocently agreed to. With Nan sitting and urging him to finish it as she read a story (so she could take away the evidence)... his morning saturation would continue for some time to come.

# tbc #

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Les - Please do not be discouraged by lazy, inconsiderate folk like me who consistently fail to comment or like with every read.  We do appreciate your efforts and look forward to each update and new story.  Keep us the great work!  Thanks.

Hi dondd

Thanks for the words of encouragement... I don't know what came over me.

I think I was feeling sorry for myself like Jonny and forgot I wasn't him.

I'll try not to let that happen again and sorry for doing so.

Hugs to each and all :9509a2dc63c0b83f06b42769b120ea13:

Thanks guys for your comments I really really appreciate them :)

Jonny – part 5

Arriving home from school just a month or so after Jonny’s tenth birthday, it was an unseasonable warm Friday afternoon and found himself in the kitchen where he helped himself to some of Nan’s strawberry milkshake mix. He hadn’t had one for ages and seeing it lying on the counter made his taste-buds blossom. He dug out a bottle of ice cold milk from the fridge, poured himself a glass, added the flavoursome mixture and then lay out in the sun enjoying the refreshing thirst-quencher, which he downed in just a couple of gulps.

The sun beat down as he stretched out on a lounger in the backyard totally relaxed and eventually dozed off. He awoke to find two figures standing over him shaking their heads and with Nan prodding his crotch, whilst Paul looked surprised.

A sudden realisation that he was completely soaked made Jonny feel guilty and unexpectedly vulnerable as Nan took control of the situation.

“Well, I think Jonny needs... um, well... follow me sweetheart. I have to change Paul, so I might as well do you at the same time.”

#

Nan took and collected Paul from school where for the past few weeks he’d been having more and more wetting problems, so much so, that he was now almost permanently wearing his ‘special pants’. His comforting toy dog was back accompanying him everywhere and the bulge in his shorts was getting larger. Nan had got him so he wet himself unpredictably, thus keeping him well-padded had become the logical option.

Paul didn’t like the situation because at school he was the only five year-old still wearing a nappy in 1st Grade. But, for the time being at least, Nan, together with his parents, decided that whilst he had this little ‘dilemma’ it was the best and easiest solution. They’d pointed out that Jonny had to wear a nappy when he had the same problem so a sort of unwritten rule was – if you wet your pants you get to wear a nappy... no argument.

The reference to Jonny had been a good move because Paul worshipped his stepbrother. The fact that he used to wear a nappy meant it was something the lad had gotten used to seeing and, as Jonny hadn’t complained about having to wear such protection, made it more acceptable now he had to.

When they were alone, Nan convinced him that the wearing of a nappy was good for mummy and daddy to see what a ‘sweet brave boy’ he was and how grown-up to take on such a responsibility. So, although Paul wore a nappy he thought he was being a big boy... and of course, his hero Jonny had worn ‘special pants’ so it was all okay.

#

“But, but, but...” Jonny tried ineffectually to object.

Nan had seen the empty glass and put two and two together, although she was surprised that he’d found her ‘special’ stash of strawberry mix. Perhaps she hadn’t been her usual careful self, hiding it away after dousing Paul’s last drink. However, here was an opportunity she didn’t want to miss. Taking immediate charge of the situation she was already guiding him back towards the house and soon had both lay out on their beds.

“Now Jonny, you know the rules, wet pants mean you wear a nappy until we know why this problem has returned.”

“But it was an accident, I mean, I just...”

“Yes, yes... of course it’s an accident but still... you’ve had problems in the past now haven’t you?” She let the implication sink in. “Just take a look at the state of your school trousers...” She wasn’t going to let this argument go. “So, it’s just common sense to take precautions.”

She was laying on the guilt trip pretty thickly but under the guise of reason.

The unexpected recollection of that nightmare scenario, something he hadn’t thought about since the holiday, came flooding back and an extra spurt of pee shot into his soaked underwear followed by a torrent.

“Oh dear!”  Surprised, Nan looked down at the soggy state of his pants... there was no doubt he’d just added further saturation to the material.

“But Nan, I’m too old to be wearing...”

“Nonsense sweetie, you’re never too old to have sensible safeguards...”

“But Nan, please...”

“Now Jonny don’t be silly about this...” She said as she pulled at his shamefully soaked school trousers. “You don’t see Paul complaining... so let’s get you out of these wet pants... these warm soggy pants...” she said emphasising that she knew what had just taken place, “and into something a lot drier and more... acceptable.”

Despite Paul being a ‘big brave boy’ she treated and spoke to him like she had when he was a toddler but knew she’d have to be a bit more cunning with Jonny. She tried a different tack.

“Look, every military leader and sportsman knows that the best defence is a good solid offence. We can stop the world from seeing your wet pants by the simple inclusion of a good defence... a robust fortification... an impenetrable barrier. ”

She saw the complete lack of understanding and wished she hadn’t gone down that route.

“Can’t we wait until mum comes home before...?”

He tried to reason with her but the warm pee sloshing in his underwear made him guilt-ridden and knew she knew what he’d done.

“What and have her tell me off for leaving you soaked to the skin? I don’t think so mister... now let’s get on with things.”

She was Nan; he was ten, so there would be no argument.

He watched as she grabbed a pristine white square of fabric and began to fold it. He’d gone months without having to wear one and desperately didn’t want to return to that time again. But how could he pretend he was in control when he’d just added to the growing wet stain whilst awake?

#

Although he wasn’t being very cooperative and lay there grumbling and feeling most annoyed she had his pants off, cleaned up and powdered before he had chance to voice any further protests. She’d had plenty of practice with Paul so the thick fabric nappy was folded, pinned and plastic pants pulled up in double quick time.

Jonny realised there wasn’t a great deal he could do at that moment but thought maybe he’d be able to convince mum that it was just a little ‘one off’ accident and there would be no further need for nappies.

Once Jonny was done she moved over to Paul who was very wet indeed. Apparently he’d tried to hold it until the last few moments of class but, as the bell rung, the sudden noise made him wet his thick security. No one else knew what he’d done, Nan’s nappy provision proving a successful barrier to any embarrassment. So the walk home was a bit squishy but only Paul knew that as his shorts were dry.

She made baby-talk with him, which set him off giggling as he held onto his stuffed doggie for comfort. This was the type of dependence she was hoping for but knew she’d have to deal with the ten year-old differently. Meanwhile, her mind was filled with the thought that, with both boys wearing nappies, they were back where they belonged.

She looked proud of her work as both Paul and Jonny returned to the garden wearing thick padded nappies and matching baby blue vinyl pants. For the youngster it was a return to a time he’d missed since his older brother had been out of nappies – a time when they could play and have fun together... now they wore their ‘special pants’ together - “Yeah!”

Neither wore shorts because, as Nan explained in her best no-nonsense way, it was too hot so extra clothing was unnecessary. They’d be okay in the back garden where no one would see them so should stop worrying... it wasn’t like they hadn’t only worn protection before.

It was a start... now to return them to wearing the same, acting the same, playing the same... and keeping them in nappies.

Gwen had formulated exactly what she’d tell Theresa and Tom (they’d both received promotions so worked longer hours than before), and knew since she’d taken on more and more responsibility for the kids care she wouldn’t need to explain too much at all. If she thought it was prudent, or needed, then they agreed... it simply got done.

Besides, Nan liked a challenge... it kept her young... and the boys did look delightfully juvenile with their matching padded bottoms gleaming in the sun.

#

Theresa was shocked when she got in from work to see both boys playing in the garden wearing nappies and plastic pants. Gwen managed to collar her before Jonny knew she was home and explained what had happened before he got a chance to plead his case.

Gwen was earnest in her appraisal of Jonny twice wetting his pants seemingly ignorant of what he was doing and was worried it was an indication of a relapse. So, just in case it was she thought, as Paul needed a change, it would be prudent to do the same with Jonny.  

She looked to Theresa for approval. Theresa nodded as she always did at Gwen’s assessment of a situation, she was always right.

“I think you,” Nan emphasised it was Theresa’s responsibility, “should tell him your decision and, if I were you, I’d keep him in protection for tonight at least and reassess in the morning. That gives you chance to see if it is a one, sorry, two off and that he hasn’t had any kind of setback.”

Theresa nodded and walked through to where her son was half-heartedly playing. On seeing his mother he was both excited and embarrassed but plucked up the courage to waddle over to her and began to cry as she hugged him to her breast.

“It’s okay sweetie... accidents happen...”

Once the tears had abated he tried to put his case. Gwen had made herself scarce so the poor boy didn’t feel intimidated, although he didn’t know she’d already bent his mother’s ear.

“I fell asleep and, and, and accidently wet my pants... it was an accident but Nan made me wear these...” He flourished his hand over the padding and shiny pants. “I’m too old to wear all this.” He looked to his mum for support, “It was only the once, it was an accident... I shouldn’t have to wear a nappy.” He bawled.

Theresa knew it was more than once but hoped to pacify Jonny’s obvious distress.

“Well,” she whispered conspiratorially in his ear, “just to placate Nan... wear it for the rest of the day and then we’ll see where we are tomorrow.”

“Tomorrow? I have to wear them until tomorrow?” He said in irritated disbelief.

“Look love, you’ve had an accident and we don’t know why. It’s not like you haven’t had trouble like this before...”

Again the memory of that awful nightmare and seeing his mother and Tom having sex stormed into his brain. His brain took exception to the very thought and released another unbidden spurt into his thick and thirsty nappy.

He didn’t think his mother noticed but felt both shame and guilt so didn’t take his argument any further. There was no way from escaping having to wear what he’d been given and thought if he acted up, the discovery of new wetness could possibly lead to having to wear protection for a lot longer than overnight. However, he spent the rest of the afternoon wearing a soaked nappy, just too humbled to ask someone for a change.

#

Theresa relayed to Tom what Gwen had told her and they both agreed that they would see how things were in the morning before deciding on whether Jonny needed to wear any further protection.

At Nan’s insistence both boys had gone to bed at the same time where she’d discovered the very wet Jonny.

“Why didn’t you tell me you’d wet sweetie... it can’t have been much fun wearing a wet nappy for any length of time. You must tell me... it’s not good... you’ll get a rash and if you remember from the last time... they aren’t much fun.”

Nan was being very cunning. By repeating that wetting himself was nothing new, that powder and anti-rash cream were also nothing he hadn’t experienced before, so shouldn’t be surprised at this little relapse. She inferred all this as she effortlessly pulled off the offending soaked padding and replaced it with a more robust thickness and sturdier rubber pants.

“There we go... all set for a better night’s sleep I’m sure.”

“But Nan, I’m not tired; it’s early yet and...”

“Ssshhhh, I know, I know, but your mummy and daddy think you’ve had a bit of a testing day...” then as if an afterthought. “Look, why don’t you and Paul play up here and I’ll get you both a drink... would you like that.”

“Yes please Nan,” Paul’s little voice chipped in overjoyed that he and Jonny would get to play a bit longer.

He was already out of bed and collecting some dinosaurs and stuff from the toy box.

“Can I have vanilla in mine please Nan?”

“Off course sweetie and Jonny... do you have a preference... perhaps a juice instead... we have some grapefruit left?”

She knew he didn’t like grapefruit.

“No Nan thanks, um, I s’pose I’ll have the same please.”

“Okay love, if you’re sure.”

Down in the kitchen, after she filled in Theresa and Tom about Jonny’s second soaking, she warmed up the milk, added the mix, and couldn’t believe how well everything was going.

#

She returned carrying the warm flavoured drink and noticed that the two boys were sat padding to padding on the floor. Paul had scooted up between Jonny’s legs and was resting his head against his chest as they read a story together. Like before the older boy helping him out when he faltered.

They both stopped and took their drinks and Nan watched as they each took a huge gulp.

“Okay boys, I’ll be back in thirty minutes and I expect the drinks finished and you both back in bed and ready for sleep.” She smiled a smile that to the boys meant she was on their side and wouldn’t say anything to their parents for staying up that bit later.

“So you two, don’t get me into trouble... please.”

She disappeared and left them to continue with their story.

When she returned forty-five minutes later, the boys were in their own beds and fast asleep, the empty glasses proof they enjoyed the treat. She also knew that come the morning both boys would be waking up to sodden nappies and as luck would have it Tom would be the adult to discover the damage.

#

Jonny was awake when Tom entered the bedroom. He’d only been conscious for a few seconds whilst he took in the fact that his night time protection was absolutely saturated. He had no recollection of having that dream again so was trying to work out how he could pretend he wasn’t wet before any discovery, alas, that moment had passed.

Tom checked Paul first and his sleepy son yawned as his father checked under the plastic pants – he was soaked.

“Okay Pauly, time to get up.”

The youngster yawned again and snuggled his bedraggled stuffed dog.

“Let’s have breakfast first and then we’ll get you changed before we go out.”

Tom had promised the kids that as Theresa had a shift at work, and the weather forecast was for a fine day, they would take a trip to the nearby Nature Reserve.

“How about you Jonny...” He made a move towards the boy’s bed.

“Ummm, I’m okay, uummmuuu, so no need to check.”

The problem was he didn’t sound very convincing and so his stepdad simply pulled back the blanket to reveal a bulging set of padding.

“Well it looks like Nan was right to make sure you both were well-padded last night... I think you both needed it. Okay, two minutes and I need you down for breakfast.”

He turned to Jonny.

“I don’t like it if people try to fool me son, so don’t ever do that again.” He was so serious it made Jonny swallow hard.

“I’ll change you after breakfast as well.” Then added a bit more light-heartedly, “Now get a move on boys Gemma is already up and keen to get underway.”

#

Gemma was sat at the table in shorts and a t-shirt looking fresh-faced and alert, whilst the boys waddled to their chairs still half asleep in thick, soaked nappies and straining rubber pants.

Cereal was already poured into bowls, toast and jam was also available and Tom and his mother were having a quiet conversation at the sink.

“I’m afraid the poor lad’s soaked again this morning,” Tom whispered to his mother, “and he’s already said he’s too old to wear a nappy.”

“Well that’s true and, if he hadn’t had a wet night I’d be inclined to go along with what Theresa suggested and let him wear his normal briefs. But, she’s at work and hasn’t seen the state of his nappy this morning so I think it’s up to you to decide. I’m sure she’ll agree with whatever decision you make.”

“I don’t like to see the poor lad so distressed, especially as it took him so long to get over his last wetting spree.”

“Well yes I can see that.”

“Look, if you see to Paul and get him ready then I’ll have a chat to Jonny and decide what’s best then... is that okay with you?” Tom was thinking about the situation.

“Whatever you decide love... but don’t let the boy embarrass himself as I’m sure that would be worse in the long run. If he needs the protection of a nappy don’t think you’re doing him a favour if you let him pee himself in public and everyone sees.”

Gemma took it in her stride she’d seen both her brothers wearing only their bulky protection before so this was nothing new. However, Jonny back in them brought on a query.

“Had a bit of an accident Jonny?”

Jonny was embarrassed his sister asked but she wasn’t having a go it was just a question.

“Mmmm yesterday I... well...”

“Not now Gemma sweetie, let the boys get their brekkie we’re running a little late this morning.” It was dad who’d interrupted and saved Jonny from having to explain himself.

Gemma finished and went to grab a few things before they set off.

#

Next to finish was Paul so Nan swooped in and whisked him off to the bathroom to get him ready.

After unpinning and removing the soaked fabric she set about cleaning him up with a warm damp sponge before administering some anti-rash cream, powder and a new clean nappy. These days Paul didn’t object as she reached for a pair of crinkly opaque vinyl pants and pulled them up over the fresh material.

She then led him to his room and fished out a nice dark green polo-shirt and a matching pair of pale green shorts. The hem of his plastic pants could just be seen at the leg holes if he sat down, otherwise no one would necessarily know unless they were looking for the bulge. She liked to see the slight curvy contours which indicated the boy wore padding but told him that it was hardly noticeable.

Taking the opportunity she then went to Jonny’s cupboard and got out a similar set of clothes except with a pale green shirt and dark green shorts.

Whilst they were finishing off in the bedroom Tom had taken Jonny to the bathroom to sort his night time nappy out. He slipped down the rubber pants and began to unpin his soaked nappy. Jonny had asked to do it himself but Tom wanted to check that he wasn’t getting a rash (which looked like he was) and to make sure he was cleaned up properly.

However, just as Tom began to pull the nappy apart, there was a low hiss.

Shocked, Tom looked down at the gathering liquid and then back up to Jonny who was red with mortification as his bladder had let loose a stream of pee he had no control over.

“I’m sorry Tom, erm, daddy, um so...” The poor boy cried onto his stepfather’s shoulder.

Jonny was lost for words to explain this uncalled for event. It was only that as Tom undid his nappy, the memory of him and his mother flooded into his head yet again, and the pee spontaneously started streaming.

Of course Tom had no idea this was the reason, and Jonny certainly wasn’t going to mention it, so it seemed like a foregone conclusion that once he was cleaned up, oiled and powdered, it would be a nappy and vinyl pants that followed.

#

As Tom flapped out the thick fabric material, Jonny begged not to be put back in a nappy.

“Look son, you’re going through a particularly bad patch at the moment...”

“But dad I’m sure I can make it to the toilet... please let me have my briefs.” He pleaded.

Thinking back to what Gwen had said. “I’ll be doing you no favours if you wet your pants whilst we are out now will I?”

“But I won’t... honest... I’ll be...” he had another idea.  “I don’t have to go out I can stay home... you can all go to the Nature Reserve without me I’ll be fine...”

“That’s not going to happen. For one thing a ten year-old boy isn’t supposed to be left unsupervised and secondly, this will be great fun for everyone.”

“But everyone will know.”

“Well, I’ll do my best to hide it... you’ll thank me if you wet yourself won’t you?”

#

Nan was pulling together various things she needed for the trip out. She packed a few cartons of orange juice and a couple of pineapple drinks for the kids knowing full well that Jonny would choose his favourite - the pineapple flavour. As well as various snacks and sandwiches she also shoved in a couple of disposables and spare plastic pants just in case they were needed.

Upstairs, Jonny was reluctantly wrapped in a thick fabric nappy and had a pair of soft clear vinyl pants pulled over it. Tom noticed the stuff Nan had already laid out and, passing each item, got the ten year-old to dress quickly.

They looked at each other in the mirror. Tom was standing behind his stepson looking hunky and fit, Jonny, with the same smooth contours around his bum and crotch like his little brother, looked like a very unhappy adolescent. However, nothing showed below his leg holes or above the waist of his green shorts, so, to all intents and purposes, no one could see what he had on underneath.

“I’ll just get my sneakers... I’ll catch up with you in a minute.”

Tom nodded and told him to be quick and then shouted to see if everyone else was ready.

#

In those few seconds Jonny rushed to the drawers and shoved a pair of underpants into his pocket. His plan was, if he got an opportunity, to lose the nappy, replace them with his briefs and then, when he’d gone the day without wetting, reveal he was nappy-less all along. Then they’d all have to agree they were wrong and he was right, it had been just a little accident.

Once downstairs, and breathless from his subterfuge, Jonny sighed when he saw he was wearing much the same as Paul but decided to not draw attention to himself as they loaded up the car and set off.

At the Nature Reserve the kids were given an illustrated information sheet so they could cross off the things they saw, or make notes of anything that caught their eye. The place was packed with other families so, for a peaceful nature area, there was quite a bit of excited noise.

However, there were loads of camouflaged hides to watch the water-birds and migrating visitors. The larger lakes buzzed with insects where many people were entranced by the dance of the dragon and damsel flies. An abundance of gloriously painted butterflies seemed to inhabit the buddleia and swoop around lilies or brightly coloured weeds. The flora and fauna put on a spectacular show for all the sightseers... young and old.

Paul managed to get a fishing-net so he could trawl the many small pools that were there full of tiddlers and other assorted pond life. He was in his element charging from one place to another and checking off his list with Gemma’s and Jonny’s help. Meanwhile, Gwen and Tom had spread out a blanket and arranged Tupperware boxes full of food for when the ravenous trio returned.

#

Jonny was first back saying he was thirsty so Nan offered him a choice of orange or pineapple juice. As expected he chose the more exotic flavour and disappeared back amongst the bushes where a hunt for a rarely seen bug was underway. Nervously, and without overthinking the situation, he found a copse of bushes away from the crowd.

Apprehensively, he pulled down his shorts and plastic pants then quickly unpinned the thick fabric nappy. He was surprised to notice that there was already a small amount of dampness and a yellow circular stain. He didn’t recognise this as a warning just put it down to the aftermath of when Tom had got him ready.

Relieved of the burden of so much material, he swiftly pulled up his briefs and shorts but then wondered what to do with the bundle he had left. Thinking he could collect it later, he shoved it under a bush and, nonchalantly sipping his juice, headed back to where Gemma and Paul were engrossed in some three-spined sticklebacks the youngster had fished from the pond.

Other kids were crowding round, some in admiration whilst others were exhibiting their own finds of newts, small frogs and some alarmingly fierce-looking water-based insects. There was no doubt about it, for those with an interest in nature, this reserve had tons to keep them occupied.

#

Families were thankful for the break when lunch became the main event.

It had been amazing, the Reserve’s ever helpful and knowledgeable legion of Rangers had kept the kids (and quite a number of parents) informed and involved for almost three hours. So, after lunch the information sheets would be gathered and there would be a small awards ceremony for the kids who had filled in the most flora and fauna observed that morning.

Gemma, Paul and Jonny arrived back at the blanket absolutely worn out and starving. The food Nan had prepared didn’t last long, it was as if an army of locusts had descended and eaten everything in their path. Gemma and Paul were grateful their orange juice had been kept cool and a second bottle of pineapple juice was available should Jonny want it... he did it had been a thirsty search.

No one appeared to notice the lack of padding on Jonny who was feeling pretty pleased with his deception but it was with a sudden start that he unexpectedly felt his bladder loosen and fill his underwear. He sat with his legs out in front of him as his green shorts took on a dark stain. The low hiss could hardly be heard above the noise of the crowd but Nan noticed and looked in amazement at the boy.

#

Jonny burst into tears as more pee flooded into his underwear and began to trickle onto the blanket.

“Oh Jonny, get up.” Nan shouted getting to her feet and quickly dragging the sobbing boy up and off the blanket before he could soak it too much.

She looked at her son accusingly. “I thought you’d decided to put him in a nap... erm... protection.”

Now all eyes were on the bawling ten year-old as pee became more than a trickle down his legs and into his shoes.

People sitting around were now looking at the spectacle and Jonny’s crying was more from embarrassment than anything else.

“Oh Tom... I thought...”

“He was wearing when we set off,” Tom said in defence of his mother’s accusing stare. “He must have changed out...”

“Well, I can’t let him walk around in soaked pants.” Gwen said. “Let’s get this wet stuff off and into something drier.”

Without waiting for any kind of response, and treating Jonny as nothing more than a waterlogged toddler, she pulled down his green shorts; his soaked underpants clung to his boy-parts but once released , sagged under the weight so were rapidly dragged off as well. Jonny was standing there bare-assed but with no one to blame but himself.

#

Nan took control, wiping him down with wet-wipes and laying him out so she could powder and administer the spare disposable she had with her. As usual, she was quick and efficient and had him taped into a dry nappy in seconds. She then fished in her bag for a pair of crinkly plastic pants and although he tried to jerk away, forced his feet into the leg holes and worked them up over the thick babyish looking disposable. She’d removed his wet shoes and socks so he was left, sitting on the blanket, a ten year-old wearing a green top and a huge disposable with noisy plastic pants.

The kids nearby couldn’t take their eyes off the spectacle and a number of comments could be heard. Some parents told them off for being unkind but there was a great deal of laughter at Jonny’s expense.

“We had this covered... we had this covered.” Tom muttered under his breath to Gwen.

Once the furore had died down a very unhappy Tom asked what his stepson had done with his nappy and plastic pants. Jonny pointed to the bushes and reluctantly told him he had hidden them there. His stepfather was none too pleased and ordered him to go and retrieve them. He was unwilling to go dressed as he was and suggested that Paul or Gemma should go as he was too humiliated. Tom was so angry he made him go and get them whether he was embarrassed or not.

With all eyes watching he tearfully trudged into the bushes and after a few seconds emerged bashfully with the dirty bundle. He tried to hide them under his arm but most could see what he was carrying. More comments followed every crinkly step as he made his way back to the blanket.

“Please dad,” he pleaded, “can we go now?”

#

Jonny looked down guiltily at his bare feet and shuffled a bit under the watchful and assessing gaze of Tom and Nan. His plastic pants noisily rustled as Tom made him stand so all could see.

“Do you think this stunt means you’re to be rewarded for your silliness?”

“In my day,” Nan now joined in, “that would have earned a boy a thorough spanking.”

Jonny turned red as he wondered if Tom would do such a thing... and in front of all these people.

“No Jonny we’re not going home, there are other people to consider. Paul and Gemma have more to see and might win something...”

“I’ve seen lots of animals and bugs and such...” Paul chipped in.

“I think you’ll definitely win something.” Gemma offered in support of her little brother.

“See, your brother and sister want to stay and we are doing so AND young man, you are going to join in, even dressed as you are.”

“Please don’t make me.” The pleading was accompanied by tears.

“Sorry Jonny but you’ve brought this on yourself. I thought we’d avoided any embarrassment in the precautions we took. You decided otherwise so now you’ll have to bear the consequences.”

#

Being the only ten year-old wearing a nappy and plastic pants drew lots of attention and comments as he joined Gemma and Paul in the search for a Kingfisher that had been spotted down by the larger lake.

Once there was just Tom and his mum left he confided that he’d hated showing Jonny up like that but received some praise from Gwen that he’d done the right thing. However, he wasn’t happy with himself and knew that when they got home, there would be more tears and upset which he’d just have to face.

Down by the lake some brave kids rubbed up against Jonny’s slippery pants and giggled. Some commented on how much he looked and felt like a baby and one or two pretended that they could smell the contents of his nappy, they couldn’t he was clean. Gemma and Paul stayed close by but when the joking got too much, and the ten year-old was on the verge of more tears, it was Gemma who stepped in and told them off.

#

Strangely, this feisty young girl with attitude scared quite a few of the provocateurs into suddenly finding something more important to look at or chat about. She put her arm around Jonny and whispered for him not to worry, she’d look after him. Under normal circumstances he would have objected and said he could look after himself but at that moment, it was wonderful to have such support. Paul huddled up to the other side of him and patted his special pants, as if to say “we’re in this together”, although, in truth, he was simply mimicking his sister’s support.

One of the young Rangers also spoke quietly but firmly about everyone being friendly and conciliatory, which seemed at odds as they watched as a large heron stabbed into the water and returned with a wriggling fish, which with one toss swallowed whole.

Later all the kids under ten received a certificate of attendance having completed the questionnaire about what lived in the Nature Reserve. Badges were given out (Paul received one for catching the most sticklebacks... and putting them back), whilst others only got a pat on the back from their parents but it was generally felt the day had been a huge success.

Jonny didn’t feel any of this because whilst all this was going on he tried to hide under the blanket. Neither Nan nor Tom objected but he had been embarrassed when she’d slipped her hand up his leg to check if he was wet. He was dry and Nan smiled and whispered the words ‘well done’. It made him feel a bit better but he desperately wanted the day to finish so they could get home.  

Jonny just didn’t understand why he was peeing so much, and furthermore, why sometimes he peed without knowing he was doing so. However, this had been an embarrassing turn of events, which had been foreseen but that he’d recklessly ignored - so, had no one to blame but himself.

# tbc #

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Poor Jonny! But look in the bright side he now have a playmate that never gonna make fun of him and they gonna look so cute both wearing disposable nappy and wearing onesie heheheh

ps question is Jonny a pampers baby or a Huggies heheheheh

please keep the story I really loved yours stories 

Now, there's a thought.

Disposables are only used in emergencies... otherwise both Jonny and Paul wear fabric nappies.

Nan is always keen to see her boys wrapped in the thick terry fabric. :309209366acc6cd36530697f37ceded0:

Jonny – part 6

Once home Jonny immediately went to his bedroom and threw himself down on top of his blankets in frustration. The day had gone badly and his plan on showing everyone that he didn’t need nappies had turned into a complete disaster. He lay there on his front thinking how he now didn’t stand a chance of making his mum let him wear briefs as normal. He was on the verge of tears when there was a light tap on the door.

He really didn’t want to speak to anyone but knew that he’d have to face the family at some point.

“Yeahhh.” He whispered.

Nervously the door slowly opened and Gemma peaked around the corner.

“Are you okay?”

“Not really.”

“Can I come in?”

Jonny remembered it was her who had stuck up for him and silenced quite a few of his critics.

“Uh uh.”

Gemma always looked as if she had a healthy glow; she smiled a lot, was positive and always doing something. She was good at school, had a natural caring temperament and was extremely popular. She often acted as a little lady but was also happy having a silly game with Paul and Jonny, she’d never been less than supportive of her brothers.

It had been to everyone’s benefit that from the start all the kids had gotten on together and even the fact that Jonny’s earlier experience of wetting at night hadn’t stopped them being very close friends.

Although he was lying on top of his bed facing away from the door wearing nothing but a pale green polo shirt and his slinky protection, that possibly humiliating view point left him for a few seconds as he heard her approach.

When, at the beginning, she’d called him ‘kinda cute’ she’d meant it, especially when he wore his thick protection, although she never revealed that was the reason.

But now she saw he was in distress, and back in nappies, wondered if there was anything she could do to help.

#

“You know we were all happy for you when you stopped wetting after the holiday?”

Jonny shrugged and turned to face her, his thick padding and taut plastic pants making a sleek outline to his crotch which again Gemma considered really nice. It was something she’d always appreciated ever since she used to change Paul when a baby. She thought it was definitely one of the best things about wearing plastic pants - they were practical and looked good, well that was her opinion.  It wasn’t a sexual thing, because she had yet to experience anything like that, but it was something she appreciated.

“Do you know why you’re wetting again?”

It was a question Jonny had been giving serious thought to but apart from the times when that image entered his head (and there was no way he could explain that to her) he had no idea.

“The first time I just fell asleep in the sun and woke up wet... I don’t know why it happened.”

It seemed that with each word or slight movement, his plastic pants gave of a rustling noise, which he obviously hadn’t noticed or had gotten used to but Gemma thought was quite sweet.

“Did you do anything different?”

“What do you mean...?”

“Had you been bursting for a pee and been distracted... or something?”

“No, I just came home, had a glass of milk and fell asleep.”

“Well, a glass of milk isn’t going to make you pee is it? We have them all the time.”

“No... but I’ve been trying to think if anything else happened... or something I saw that might have been... you know... upsetting... but nothing”

They both went quiet for a few moments thinking about what had just been said.

“But you’ve worn protection before so...” It was Gemma trying to be positive again.

“Yes but this is unfair, I thought I was over it but seems worse than last time... and during the day... and without me knowing I’m doing it... oooaaagghhh.” He flung himself into his pillow in complete anger and frustration.

Gemma quickly went and sat on the side of the bed and stroked his back in sympathy.

She hadn’t planned on saying anything much, she just wanted to support he stepbrother who was going through a difficult time but, she spoke quietly and thoughts came into her head.

“Could it be because Paul’s in nappies that you want to be?”

“WHAT! I don’t want to wear nappies.” He angrily replied although it was partly muffled by the pillow. “Why would I when I was so relieved to be out of them... that doesn’t make any sense.”

“Okay, okay,” she realised she’d made a bad suggestion, and wasn’t really sure where the idea came from, “I was just, you know, asking.”

“Why would I want to...? It’s a stupid idea... Paul’s still a little kid.”

The rustling got louder as he wriggled uncomfortably at the very idea.

Gemma shrugged because when they were together you could hardly tell them apart they were that similar.

However, a cold shiver passed down Jonny’s spine when he suddenly wondered if Gemma was on to something.

“And... he doesn’t mind wearing them... but I do.” He added though not as confidently as he had been.

“Yes, I see that. Well, perhaps it was the milk. Maybe you’re simply drinking too much mmm?”

“But I don’t drink any more than anyone else and that wouldn’t explain...” He suddenly recognised he was about to tell her about her dad and his mum naked but clammed shut.

“Wouldn’t explain what?”

“Why I stopped and why I’ve started again... it’s not FAIR.”

She patted his plastic mound in reassurance. “No it’s not.” But there was no denying that to her at least the look and feel of his protection was very pleasing.

When they’d first met, and before the holiday, when he was wearing them every night, Gemma had thought his protection made him special. She liked that Pauly had come up with the term ‘special pants’ and that was exactly as she saw them, shiny and distinctive. She had no idea why he wet at night though didn’t think of nappies as something only a baby wore. Rather what made her new stepbrother different and interesting compared to other boys their age.   

As she exited she left with a smile and a comment, which sounded very grown-up.

“You’ve got over it once, I’m sure you’ll get over this. But Jonny... we like you... nappies or not... don’t let it get you down.”

#

With Gemma’s words still offering comfort he snuggled down and fell asleep. He had no idea that whilst he slept Nan checked that he was still dry, which he was, or that Paul had come up to play. However, seeing his stepbrother fast asleep toddled back downstairs and played in the garden with his sister. Jonny only woke up when gently being shaken by mum.

“Hi sweetie... I gather today hasn’t been the best...”

“Oh mum,” he all but sobbed, “I made a mistake and now Tom, erm, dad and Nan think I ruined everything.”

“Well sweetie, what do you think?”

She was giving him an opportunity to chat openly and without anyone else listening or commenting. He assumed rightly that she already knew what had happened and was waiting for his take on the story.

“Mum, I don’t want to wear a nappy... I’m not a little kid.” He looked up at her to see what she thought. She waited for him to continue without saying anything.

“I’m ten, I didn’t need to wear, ohh, mum... I’m sorry... I thought if I could prove to everyone... you know... that I didn’t need...” His voice wavered and he looked down at his feet.

A huge sigh escaped him when he suddenly realised he was wetting his nappy as he spoke.

“Ooohhh mum...” and burst into tears.

#

She held him, rocking backwards and forwards trying to comfort the poor boy. Just by patting his padding she could tell what had happened so had proof, if it were needed, just what her son’s predicament was. She only spoke when he calmed down a little.

“Nobody’s angry with you love, if anything they're just disappointed you didn’t trust their judgement”

“But Nan said that in her day I’d have been spanked and... and...”

“That may have been said then but now, only anyone wants to do is make things better for you.”

Jonny snuggled up closer enjoying the warm embrace of someone he hadn’t made himself look a fool in front of. The guilt of the day was still there and he knew it had been down to him but wasn’t sure what he could do about it now.

His mother seemed to be thinking on the same lines.

“I can feel your nappy is soaked, so Sweetie, think carefully, what is it to be... underpants or a nappy?”

He didn’t want to admit it. He tried his best not to say the word. He wanted his mum to make the decision and then he could at least pretend it wasn’t up to him... but she waited for an answer.

Eventually, and with heavy resignation to his voice, the word ‘nappy’ was almost imperceptibly murmured.

“Okay sweetie, I’m going to change you now but, and I want your word on this, you won’t try to take your protection off on your own... promise.”

It had been an internal struggle but everything pointed to the fact... his problem had returned. He had to be grown-up about it and accept he needed to wear some protection and that protection came in the shape of what was currently lying warm and wet between his legs.

Jonny seemed to accept his fate. “Mmmm, I promise.”

“It’s for your own good love... we prefer it if you didn’t need this but, whilst you do, let’s keep any awkwardness to a minimum shall we?”

“But mum, when will I be able to get out of them...”

“I don’t know sweetheart. For the next few days, until we see some improvement, I think a nappy will be best during the day and night.”

#

It was a good thing they never threw any of his stuff away from the last time and that Paul was getting full use as well. There were plenty of fabric nappies, plastic pants and supplies to go around, as well as the thicker rubber pants Nan had bought especially for the trip to Spain.

Mum guided him to the bathroom, cleaned him up and checked for the rash that Tom had mentioned might be starting. She lathered on Sudocrem all over the infected area from a large container Gwen had bought for Paul just a week earlier and applied a fresh, thick terry nappy.

“I’d rather leave these off for a while and let a bit of air circulate but, I’m afraid you might leak so, for the time being at least, let’s make you absolutely secure... okay?”

Defeated, and resigned to his fate, Jonny nodded but wished there was an alternative. Or better still, would suddenly get the control back he had up until a day or so ago and then he wouldn’t have to go through what was happening now.

Mum shuffled up the thick pair of rubber pants he hoped he’d seen the last off back at the villa. Once everything was contained she searched for some shorts and found a loose cotton pair that just about covered the bulk but did nothing to disguise what he was underneath.

He caught a glimpse of his reflection in the mirror and let out an even bigger groan.

“Okay love let’s go see what Nan’s made for tea.” She smiled trying to keep the moment light and repeated what she just said. “Let’s go see... what Nan’s made for tea. Who knew I was a poet?”

#

Later, after the meal and the adults were talking privately in the living room, Paul had soaked himself and asked Gemma if he was allowed to go and ask to be changed.

“I can do it if you want.” She said cheerfully, “I used to help when you were younger... I don’t suppose it’s any more difficult now. What do you think?”

In fact Paul remembered being changed by his big sister on occasions but they were few and far between.

“Won’t Nan be cross?”

“I shouldn’t think so... she told me I can help any time I liked.”

Jonny was stunned by the conversation. Did this mean that she’d be allowed to help change his wet nappies?

“Well okay.” She held out her hand, which Paul took, and ambled upstairs to the bathroom.

Jonny sat alone in the garden, his bulky nappy and thick plastic pants suddenly feeling very oppressive. The game all three had been playing was forgotten as he wondered if he and Paul would be treated the same. Would his sister, who was only six weeks older than him, be given the responsibility of changing when he wet? He shuddered at the thought and as if on cue, a spurt of warm pee gushed into his clean nappy. Even though it was some time before bedtime, and Nan had warned him about wearing a wet nappy for any length of time, he kept quiet hoping one of the adults would change him only when it was time for bed.

During the previous time, when he began to wet in the first place, he’d tried on many occasions to change himself. It wasn’t so much he failed but it was never quite right and would sag or come undone very quickly. He found that it was better to let someone else take that responsibility and came to rely on others soon after.

Even though he was ten he thought it better to be changed by an adult (and Nan agreed) than try and do it himself. The fact he was never asked, they simply got on with the damp task in hand, which had relieved him of even having to think about it.

#

A few minutes later they both returned, a happier Paul, who was without shorts, and a pleased looking Gemma who appeared to have done a good job. The main thing Jonny noticed was that Paul was wearing pale blue plastic pants that had snaps down each side and the fabric underneath didn’t seem as bulky. In fact, he thought, had Paul been wearing shorts he probably wouldn’t have been able to tell that his little brother was sporting a nappy it was all so smooth and tight.

For the next few minutes Jonny couldn’t take his eyes of the well-fitting, and strangely glowing, sight that played next to him. Paul had never been that bothered about wearing clothes and, even before his return to nappies, often ran around the house in his undies. Now the youngster was used to the situation, and nappies had become something he needed, he had no shame at home, although was still discreet at his new school.

Jonny wondered, how come, when anyone changed him, it was always with a thick nappy, quite often with booster pads and large plastic or rubber pants... all of which made him look and feel like he was wearing a pillow between his legs?

For a few moments he was jealous of his little brother’s nappy and wondered if Gemma would fit his the same way. Then a sudden burst of red-hot embarrassment at such a thought was accompanied by another unintentional spurt into his already well-soaked nappy. It didn’t occur to him that’s why they put him in such thick padding, when he wet, he wet a lot.

#

Without any help from Nan Sunday was a wet morning for both boys so each was put into a fresh nappy for the day. Of course Paul didn’t mind but Jonny began to worry that with Monday arriving soon, when he’d be back at school, would he have to wear such thick protection then?

He nervously approached his mum and asked if he would be allowed to wear his briefs for school. She said it depended on how well he managed for the rest of the day. If he could get to the toilet and not wet his nappy and he didn’t wake up wet Monday morning, then they’d sort something out.

He complained that it wouldn’t be so bad if the nappy wasn’t so thick but she pointed out that he needed a thick one to absorb everything.

“Look honey, we don’t want to make your life difficult but we also don’t want you embarrassed by something that can be prevented. A nappy and rubber pants seal you in and prevent any tell-tale spots or stains that I’m sure you’d rather be without.”

He couldn’t fault her reasoning but still wanted something less bulky. He was toying with the idea of asking his stepsister to change him as she had done Paul but the thought was a bit scary. What if she just laughed in his face or worse... called him a baby? Even though she had never been anything but sympathetic, such doubts raced around his head all Sunday until the early evening when, despite all he’d done the rest of the day to stay dry, he suddenly realised he’d wet himself after all.

#

Gemma was sitting at the family computer looking up tour dates of her favourite singer. He could see she was a little flushed and excited when the website announced that the vocal goddess would be coming to the large arena near where they lived.

“Erm , uh, errr, Gem do you have a minute... please?”

“Uh uh,” she replied not looking up from the price of tickets.

This was the moment of no return. He swallowed hard and, sweating quite a bit, asked the question.

“Hummm could you do me a favour... errrr... could you ummm change me please?”

“Mmmmhhhmm, sure,” she replied hardly taking her eyes off the screen.

“Can we do it now before mum or Nan finds out?” He spoke quietly but quite anxiously.

“I’ll just send this page to the printer to show dad and...” She looked at his pale nervous face and the sagging bulk between his legs. “Ohh I see... now means now.”

She led the way up to the bathroom and Jonny waddled behind apprehensively looking over his shoulder in case one of the adults might see. He wanted it done like Paul’s so he could ask mum if in future she’d do it like that... especially for school.

Once the bathroom door was closed she asked if he wanted her to take his nappy off or if he’d rather do it himself.

“I’ll do it.” He quickly slipped his bloated plastic pants off and the soggy mass looked like it would fall to the floor under its own weight.

Meanwhile, Gemma was pulling together a sponge soaked under the warm tap, powder and the large tub of Sudocrem. She helped him unpin the material and put it straight in the plastic bin where all used nappies went.

Jonny felt ridiculously vulnerable, anxious and scared.

“Can you do it like you did Paul’s earlier please? It didn’t seem as bulky and the silver snaps down the side made it look pretty tight.”

She folded the nappy only once and had him sit on it. Then she spread on the anti-rash cream followed by the powder before pinning it all together. She searched around for another pair of blue snap on pants but could only find the more voluminous blue ones.

“There’s a pair of pink ones,” she said holding them up, the metal snaps shining brightly in the bathroom’s lighting. “I think they came in pairs and Paul’s wearing the others... I’m not sure these will fit but we can try.”

They’d been in the bathroom together for a few minutes now and he was sure that the grown-ups would begin to get suspicious and wanted it done and dusted before they had chance to intervene.

“Okay,” he said and lay back and let her feed them up between his legs and snap together. It was tight but there was no doubt, as he looked in the mirror, they seemed so much better than the ones he’d just take off. Of course now he heard his mum calling from downstairs and asking what they were up to. He wasn’t wearing any shorts when they’d been playing so he couldn’t hide himself. When he opened the bathroom door mum was there waiting.

“Did you wet yourself and try and change yoursel....?”

Then Theresa saw Gemma behind him.

“Ohh.”

“I’ve been helping Jonny fit a fresh nappy. He liked what I did when I changed Paul...”

“Yes,” Theresa interrupted unsure of whether this was proper or not. “You’ve done a terrific job sweetheart but, erm, I’m not sure a girl your age should be changing a boy of Jonny’s age...”

“But Nan said it was okay to change Paul.” She looked at her stepmother as if that was the only permission she needed.

“Oh but he’s only five... I’m...”

She was a bit lost for words.

“Look mum,” Jonny had found his voice. “Look how tight and less bulky these are than when you or Nan do it... I like this tight fit... and my mates won’t notice when I’m at school.”

Theresa had to agree, Gemma had done a very good job but she knew from experience that one layer of terry cloth wasn’t going to absorb much at all and he’d be swimming in pee if he had an accident.

“And besides, I think these snap-on plastic pants look really cool... much nicer than the big stuff I have to wear.”

She saw how tight they were and doubted they would fit over a double nappy but also noted how pleased he was to not have the thickness to contend with. She thought it was probably the wrong idea but he should be allowed to go to school as he wanted.

“Okay, if you’re sure...” She looked at him pointedly. “However, if you leak or have a damp patch you have only yourself to blame... and... we decide what your wear should that happen... agreed?”

“Thanks mum... you’re the best.”

“I have to say Gemma, you’ve done a fabulous job with pinning Jonny in his protection... well done.”

Gemma loved the praise but suddenly remembered a far more pressing issue.

“Do you think I can go and see Ariana Grande she’s coming to the arena next year?”

“Maybe... how much is it?”

“I’ve printed the info off but I promise I won’t ask for anything else... or Christmas presents... or birthday...”

Her voice faded as she followed Theresa downstairs trying to convince her how good a deal she’d be getting by letting her go. Jonny was just so pleased that mum was going to allow him to wear what he had on for school. Now all he had to do was put this to one side for tomorrow and convince himself that shiny pink was an okay colour.

He could have done with someone’s help but thought he should at least try and change himself. It was a disaster, and although he got the nappy off, the thick new one he put on in its place was badly engineered. If it hadn’t been for the thick rubber pants they would have slid down his thighs possibly tripping him up.

He kept wondering how it was that his sister, the same age as him, could do something that he thought needed years of practice, and complete efficiently in just moments. The clean but dishevelled fabric that now covered his crotch appeared to be a cry for help rather than in any way a successful completion of what Gemma inferred was a simple task.

However, come bedtime, Gwen was in charge and both the boys needed a change to thick nappies to sleep in, his feeble attempt was noted and joked about. Laughing with Nan he promised to let others take charge in future. As Jonny and Gemma were in the same class she jokingly suggested that his sister could change him if the worst came to the worst. Paul’s little voice volunteered his services as well, which got them all giggling at the very idea. The laughter was slightly subdued from Jonny, because, should there be any need, would Gemma be responsible for his changes at school. He suddenly saw a stumbling block to this most recent of possible developments.

### tbc ###

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1