LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Hey Everyone!

I am trying to become a great writer like so many people on this site, but I am finding out that most people read my work and my biggest problem is I post massive chunks of words together without spacing. Is there a rule of thumb for spacing paragraphs out? 

10 hours ago, Tfmonkey said:

Hey Everyone!

I am trying to become a great writer like so many people on this site, but I am finding out that most people read my work and my biggest problem is I post massive chunks of words together without spacing. Is there a rule of thumb for spacing paragraphs out? 

If it is a different thought or a different person is acting, that's a good place to break for a new paragraph. Try for two or three sentences per paragraph and see how it flows.

Generally in my stories I try to separate per-character/event.

Here's an example from my latest story Babied By The Sitter ~ A Kasarberang Story.

===

Daniel decided he'd play a few games on his own for awhile, maybe browse the web afterwards before heading to bed. He grabbed is Winbendo Twist, loaded up Plumber Platform Creator 2 and began crafting some levels. It was relaxing just being home alone, no one else around to disturb him. He could make his levels and just do his own thing in peace and quite...

*Ring Ring* could be heard from the front door. "Who could possibly be here at 4pm? We never get visitors, especially not when my parents are gone." Daniel paused his game and walked over to the front door. He stood on his tippy toes to look through the peephole and make absolutely sure the screen door was closed, otherwise whoever it was could just walk into his house uninvited. After ensuring the screen door was fully closed Daniel opened up the large front door. "Hello?" Daniel nervously said to the stranger at the front door not even getting a good look at them yet.

"Hello is this Daniel?" The stranger at the door asked.

It was a girl, she had short dark brown hair, glasses and tits the size of Daniel's head, possibly bigger and that was not an exaggeration either. She had a rather large bag with her aswell, filled with who knows what.

"Yea... why?" Daniel responded still confused as to who this woman and why she was at his door.

"Okay good for a moment I thought I had the wrong house! Hi I'm Ava, Your parents hired me to be your baby sitter. They said something about keeping you company while they were gone. Here I even have the email to prove it!" Ava showed her phone to Daniel and sure enough there was an email by his parents asking Ava to babysit him. "Don't worry I know what I'm doing. I have a 4.85 out of 5 star rating on 'Welp!'" Ava boasted her experience and even showed some of her Welp reviews.

===

If you notice  I put a spacing at every character/event change. I think this is a perfect example because it shows Characters as well as events going on from a 3rd person perspective.

Hope I could help!

• 2 weeks later...

Every time a new character starts talking, that’s a paragraph break. Same for characters thinking in the first person

Every time an action end or a topic changes or an idea is expressed, that’s a paragraph break.

When in doubt, fall back on how you talk. Bigs blocks of text get spoken out loud like a long sentence. That’s not how people talk. Put a paragraph break everywhere you would pause while speaking.