LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper, AB clothing and other items budget

darboy

Just curious if anyone has a budget for diapers, AB clothing and other related items.   I’ve never had one and I tend to spend a lot all at once on premium diapers and other AB items.  I have to wear diapers 24/7 and could probably get away with some cheap diapers if I had to.  My wife is starting to get worried that I’m order way too many diapers.  Counted 19 boxes (not all full) of diapers and clothing.

If I had to take my monthly average I probably spend $200 a month.  Do you think that’s too much or pretty average?

whats your budget???

Your budget is unique to your income and other expenses.  However, if you have extra money to spend, a large one time purchase ($200 - $300 max if you have the money for it) may be good before the US president destroys the economy.  Also if cloth diapers and/or AB clothes are on your list, those typically have very little costs after purchase.  

• Like 1

Guess CNN is your source for news, huh Firefly? Darboy, like he says, it's relative to a number of factors. Don't let it hinder your relationship though, you both should agree on what's a good number.

I agree everything is all relative.  As one famous person once said, Steak and Lobster to a millionaire is like Ramen noodles to a college student.  If you have the money and all expenses are paid and you've banked some for the future, then you can choose what you use your extra for.  Movies, entertainment, new 80 inch 4D TV, vacation, whatever.  It also depends on your priorities.  Me, I'm a DL (not AB) and I wear a couple times a week for a few hours.  I will not give up my diapers, however I get mine at Goodwill and thrift stores mostly and I'm lucky if I spend $60 a year on diapers that way.  If I wore 24/7 then I'm sure I would be spending a lot more.  I did some overtime this year with my new job and I did have expenses with a new vehicle, however I did purchase a package of Betterdry premium diapers for the rare times when I go out of town for the day shopping or running errands.  For many years I have wanted a nice snap front onesie to help with diaper sag (even though I am not AB).  I did break down and spent $40 for a black polo shirt onesie from Tykables.  Once more, this was because I got unexpected overtime hours and budgeted some of that for one thing I had been wanting for years, something that was practical.  Otherwise, other than enough basic diapers to use a couple times a week, I tend to budget any extra money for non diaper related things that I want more.  My hobbies and collectibles  That's not to say I won't splurge on some Mega Max or Confidry 24/7 diapers (or other premium ones) in the future.  That might happen when I run low on the Betterdry diapers or get more overtime.  The thing is, I watch what money I have, budget it to make sure I have enough for expenses and then what I have left that I haven't put in savings I decide what to use it on.  If running low or they have 50% off at the Goodwill, I might buy a couple packs of diapers for around $4 each or less even if I have plenty at the moment.  Otherwise, things like baby clothes, pacifiers, bottles, bibs, wipes and AB diapers don't have any interest for me.  If I do budget or spend on my diaper interests, it's Goodwill diapers or the occasional premium brand if I run low, but usually a package of premium diapers will last me over a year or two.

19 boxes sounds like you’re stockpiling. Any particular reason for that number? You may or may not be spending too much. Another way to look at it is whether you’re buying too much.

9 hours ago, DiaperPilot said:

Guess CNN is your source for news, huh Firefly? Darboy, like he says, it's relative to a number of factors. Don't let it hinder your relationship though, you both should agree on what's a good number.

Agree. However, 19 boxes seems a little over the top. I spend a fraction of that and plan only diaper deliveries. The other stuff is gravy and gets occasional attention. At any one time, there are four to five bags of diapers in my inventory. Lots of plastic pants and about a dozen cloth diapers.

4 hours ago, Author_Alex said:

19 boxes sounds like you’re stockpiling. Any particular reason for that number? You may or may not be spending too much. Another way to look at it is whether you’re buying too much.

2 hours ago, ppdude said:

Agree. However, 19 boxes seems a little over the top. I spend a fraction of that and plan only diaper deliveries. The other stuff is gravy and gets occasional attention. At any one time, there are four to five bags of diapers in my inventory. Lots of plastic pants and about a dozen cloth diapers.

I always will buy a case at a time when buying designer diapers because you usually get a pretty good price cut.  When ever I see a new diaper come out, I almost always have to get some.  With the designer diapers being thick these days, a case (box) of diapers is only 40 diapers. I probably have 15 boxes of diaper and 5 boxes of various AB clothing I’ve collected and currently not really into wearing right now.  I probably have about 700 diapers on hand right now.  Wearing 24/7 and using 2-3 diapers a day I can go through those pretty quickly.  I do mix in cloth diapers at times, 2-3 times a week at night and on weekends during the day if I’m home.  700 diapers will probably last me a year or so.

15 minutes ago, darboy said:

I always will buy a case at a time when buying designer diapers because you usually get a pretty good price cut.  When ever I see a new diaper come out, I almost always have to get some.  With the designer diapers being thick these days, a case (box) of diapers is only 40 diapers. I probably have 15 boxes of diaper and 5 boxes of various AB clothing I’ve collected and currently not really into wearing right now.  I probably have about 700 diapers on hand right now.  Wearing 24/7 and using 2-3 diapers a day I can go through those pretty quickly.  I do mix in cloth diapers at times, 2-3 times a week at night and on weekends during the day if I’m home.  700 diapers will probably last me a year or so.

I would call that collecting, stockpiling or hoarding, and you may talk with your wife to find out if that, and not the money, is what concerns her.

I have had nearly all my LG things for over a decade wit the exception of most of my rubber panties which are purchased at will. The last major purches of those were LL Medico snap-on's some 5 years ago which are still in very good condition. All my dresses, skirt, tops and babydolls are well over 8 years old and my diapers are about 10. I do try new rubber panties occasionally. My newest are the Babykins Peekaboo to be worn over others like the panties to my satin babydolls (of which I only have two)

On 7/17/2019 at 12:53 AM, DiaperPilot said:

Sorry if I added too much personal opinion.  I do try to vet news sources often, CNN I've found to not have good quality.

Also @darboy if you have incontence/bedwetting, you may want to try ordering diapers with an auto-ship option because most companies will give you a discount for that.  If your diapers are just for ABDL stuff you may want to reconsider going 24/7 unless you're sure you can afford it.  Also using cloth more often can really reduce costs as well.

700 diapers on hand is a bit excessive IMO. Even as a 24/7 user I don't have half of that. 

I think a lot of folks around here are obsessive, a la OCD, when it comes to diapers. No judgement from me on that... just an observation. If your wife is concerned, I think a bit of genuine self reflection (like the OP's post) is warranted and probably helpful.

On 7/20/2019 at 1:52 AM, Mr. Sea Otter said:

I think a lot of folks around here are obsessive, a la OCD, when it comes to diapers. No judgement from me on that... just an observation. If your wife is concerned, I think a bit of genuine self reflection (like the OP's post) is warranted and probably helpful.

Part of it also is that there's new diapers coming out every few months with each one having cuter designs/more absorbency than the one before.