LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What clothes are best for hiding a diaper?

Alice

Heyy!

I started wearing diapers a while ago because of my mild stress incontinence combined with a lot of sneezing from hayfever. I was wondering what the best clothes are to wear for hiding a diaper underneath. Most of the time i wear a pad instead but those can get pretty bulky as well when used. It's really warm out as well where i live so i can't go walking around in anything too hot.

Any suggestions are really appreciated!

• Like 1

If you don't mind wearing long pants nylon track pants are great for hiding diapers.

Also the sound of the nylon can hide diaper noises, and they are usually cut generously which is very handy for hiding a diaper underneath. 

Skirts and dresses are best.

For pants and shorts, you want one size up than you normally wear. If you’re buying slacks or chinos, pleats help hide the front bulge, especially when you’re wet.

A onesie will do best keeping your diaper from peaking above the waistband.

If you don’t like onesies or they don’t fit well (and they don’t fit well if you’re not shaped like the average person - I’m thick and short, and they’re always too tight), then wear an undershirt tucked in and a shirt over that untucked.

Also helpful are compression undies. They reduce bulges and crinkles. Several diaper manufacturers make them specifically for this purpose, some of which are mesh and others are actual cotton. Compression underwear made for athletes, or shapewear, works too.

Regular underwear or compression undies that look normal are helpful when worn over a diaper to hide the waistband if you don’t want to/can’t wear an undershirt.

Darker colors are best to hide both shape and leaks, but if your clothes fit correctly over your diaper, the color won’t matter (and if your clothes don’t fit, the color won’t help much). If you have a problem with leaks, PUL panties are noiseless and breathable. 

Thinner fabrics (e.g., the wool dress slacks are made of) will drape closest to the body and make it harder to hide the outline. Heavier fabrics don’t do this as much (e.g., blue jeans). 

Your best bet is to put on the diaper you will wear in public most often and go clothes shopping to try stuff on and check yourself out thoroughly in the mirror. If you’re not a shy person, you could even confide in a sales associate and tell them what you’re trying to do. Or take a friend if you have one who knows.

• Like 1

Loose-fitting skirts and dresses work for women, you could never tell who had a nappy on under those (I like to imagine lots of women do!)

Jeans work surprisingly well, as long as there's a bit of room in them, either go up a size or choose a more relaxed fit. As others have said, loose fitting tracksuit/jogging bottoms (sweat pants) or shorts also work.

One thing to be careful about.  If you go a size larger on your pants and they look baggier, close friends and coworkers may notice your pants are baggier and don't fit as well.  That could draw attention to you.  You may end up trading one thing for another.