LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Adult size change tables at restaurants

herb330

At more and more of venues are having changing tables for toddlers.  I was wording if there may be momentum for adult size changing tables.  It can be used by ab/dl and disabled people.

Thought

17 hours ago, herb330 said:

At more and more of venues are having changing tables for toddlers.  I was wording if there may be momentum for adult size changing tables.  It can be used by ab/dl and disabled people.

Thought

I do not believe that will ever come to be.  well probably not in the next 20 years or so as we as AB/DL people are still mostly in the closet about this stuff.  And we are not recognized as like LGBT people are.  plus the size of the table would be large and some stores and restaurants do not have the room for it.  I would like more stalls for men as like in walmart there are only 2 stalls and when they are filled up well out of luck.  And Mcdonalds same thing one stall and if there is a line well I am truly out of luck.  

Had a issue the other day at a MCD good thing I was wearing a diaper  or I would have wasted a lot of gas to go back home and change as I was an hour away doing uber eats which would have really sucked.  But I was padded and clean up was not bad.

Unfortunately it's a space vs usage issue in this case.  Many large public spaces contain a family restroom, which I've been told in many cases in my area have adult/disabled changing tables, that double as baby changing tables.  Though in smaller locations as Eddie pointed out, it's just not economical.

I know in New York by law mens and womens rooms are required by law to have changing tables unless they A) Provide a family restroom or B. Are in a space that doesn't generally allow children (Bars)

There actually is a small effort underway to make adult-sized changing tables more common in public restrooms. It has nothing to do with ABDLs. It's about older children, teen, and adults with disabilities and the people who care for them.

Caregiving for older children, teens, and adults who need diapers is a real thing; it's a tremendous physical and emotional challenge, and one of the easiest things that could be done to help the caregiver, and give the person being cared for a little dignity, is not subject them to having to be changed on a disgusting public restroom floor.

I'm all for it. Having worked a teeny, tiny bit with kids with cognitive and physical disabilities, I think it's overdue, a holdover from when kids with those challenges were institutionalized or never let out of the house. I'll never use one, so it's got nothing to do with my proclivities, but if one of the restaurants or stores I frequented  held an event or charged a cover for a weekend or just added 5% to my tab one night to cover the cost of the remodel, I'd happily pay it and donate a little more.

http://adultdiaper.news/article.php?story=20190428123418831

• 1 month later...

Traveling out of the Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport today I had to adjust the pad I had placed into my diaper before I boarded a long flight.  Usually I would do this in the men's restroom but the family restroom was open and it was early in the morning so I used it.  Wow!  I have seen my first adult changing table.  The restroom even had a shower which would be perfect if you had a messy situation.

18266.jpeg

18267.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Adult changing tables are becoming more prevalent, but like already stated, it has nothing to do with ABDL. The driving force is those who are disabled and need it. Remember: ABDL is still very much niche and taboo. We are not the #1 reason behind things like this.