LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Foley Catheters

12 FR is smaller than the 16 FR your using ,and sure it can be done ,however after you inflate the balloons you will further restrict flow ,because the balloons will force each catheter sideways one right one left ,so effectively nullifying 2 polished eyelets as they are probably going to be obstructed, so out of 4 eyelets that operate on gravity ,you are eliminating 2 .there is a good chance of dry vacuum adherence to the bladder wall ,causing discomfort if not pain .

12 FR is a standard Pediatric sized catheter ,if you need increased volume drainage output you need to go to an 18 or 20 FR .18 FR is what I drain with 4 X's a day ( Coloplast 18 FR coude hydrophilic ) people with smaller diameter urethra might find 16 more comfortable however the smaller inner diameter of the catheter results in less emptying ( the lower the FR the smaller the internal diameter = less flow) .

So although most things can be done with enough thought or money ,the results are not always favorable.if you require faster drainage you need to increase the catheter inner diameter ,i have had 26 FR they feel like telephone poles ,i dont reccomend them for anything but torture ( funny the medical community agrees with that ,in most hospitals 22'S are the largest commonly used in critical care).

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

• 9 months later...

I had one of those things in me from Aug 22 to about Aug 25 of '19 after surgery: Two words: NEVER AGAIN!!!!!. Taking it out was bad enough. It is a good thing I was out cold when they put it in!