LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

24/7 startups, and unexpected pitfalls?

This is yet another "diaper day" for me, so far. Both kids out of the house, spouse out of the house, no contractors here right now, so I managed to eat breakfast and conduct most of by business, except for taking the dog out, in just a diaper and a shirt. I went to survey the pool as, because it's going to be a nice weekend (by Canadian standards), and I was tempted to go do that in just a diaper as well, but there are sightlines through the foliage where an unsuspecting neighbour could end up seeing things they can never un-see. Pool-side diaper lounging is best left for after sunset. 

I'm in a SkoolDoodle again. Bambino definitely has an issue with tab installation on this line. This one also had a tab that was misaligned. It still works so it's not a big issue, but this is the third one I've encountered with some kind of tab problem. 

I'm trying to determine if these big Bambino diapers are a suitable daytime, in-public product or not. When I first got them, I thought that they were maybe too big to wear away from the house, but I've gotten used to them now. They're not quite as bulky as, say, a Rearz Barnyard, and I've been wearing them around the house so much that they kind of feel normal to me. However, depending on which shorts or jeans I have on over them, they can produce "visible diaper lines". I suspect that if I lost 10 or 15 lbs, they'd conceal better under my wardrobe. I have to be wary about becoming TOO confident in the invisibility of my baby pants. 

I have a couple of further spousal "diaper interactions" to report; first of all, I was under the sink in our still-under-construction kitchen, doing some plumbing, and I guess I reaffirmed where the term "plumber's crack" came from, because when I crawled out from under there, and started organizing my tools and gathering up the packing materials, my wife came up behind me, tugged the back of my shorts up, pulled my t-shirt down, and started tucking it in, during which, she stuffed the waist of my diaper downward (a Rearz Lil' Splash). So, again without a word, she then untucked my t-shirt, tugged the back of my diaper ALL the way up, almost giving me a diaper wedgie, and then she smoothed my shirt down over it and again tucked it into my shorts. I tried to determine if there was an air of irritation betrayed by the abruptness of her actions, but I don't think so. She said "Good job on the sink", and walked away, with no sharpness in her tone. 

It's pretty rare for her to make contact with my diaper, so it always gives me a bit of a thrill, but I tried not to make that obvious, so I just continued what I was doing, without saying anything. However, I could feel redness creeping into my cheeks. She's tucked a shirt in over my diaper before, but I don't thing she's ever manhandled (womanhandled?) it as much as she did there. It felt like I was getting my diaper checked. 

Episode number two came later, when she was unloading a bag from the pharmacy, and she handed me a new tub of diaper cream. I said "Oh, thanks...", and she said "I had a look and you're almost out of it so I figured I'd pick some up." So now she's checking on how much diaper cream I'm using. 

So both of these would fall into the category of positive interactions. One thing I am bracing for is her noticing the shopping I did at the Rearz warehouse sale a couple of weeks ago... right now I have 10 cases of diapers in the basement, and my inventory has spilled off of the shelf it was assigned, which has a 7 case capacity, and is now crowding the seasonal decorations on the shelf next to it. Meanwhile, I had agreed to burn through some of what I had on hand before buying any more...

Speaking of burning through stock, I also find myself starting down the barrel of some of my pink diapers. I had a bag of pink Megamax's going for a while, and I got used to wearing a pink diaper maybe once or twice a week, but since I finished with those, and had to travel twice unexpectedly, my pink outlier diapers have been left alone. But if I want to clean up my inventory so that it represents primarily my daily drivers, and not the remains of a bunch of things I've tried out, I need to use them up. However, it's been a couple of months since I wore anything distinctly pink in front of my wife, and I'm starting to get self-conscious about it again. These aren't modestly pink products, either; the Rearz Lil' Splash diapers, for example, have pink and light blue intermingled in their print, and I have no problem lounging around all evening in one of those. But their Princess Pink and Lil' Bella diapers are not subtle. They basically scream PINK. The prospect of wearing them seems akin to donning rhumba plastic pants right now. I guess I just have to get over it. There's a Princess Pink sitting in my upstairs diaper drawer right now that has to get drawn in the next couple of days. 

• Like 2

I wore a couple of the Northshore AirSupreme's over the weekend, and I think that they might be my new favourite cloth-backed diaper. The tabs are maybe a 7 out of 10 - they remind me of the ones on some of the medium-grade cloth backed products from Tena or Attends, where there isn't a special landing zone, as their is on a Rearz Active Air or a Bambino hook-and-loop fastened product. So, the tabs do tend to tear threads away from the front of the diaper if you remove them, and in theory if you did it often enough, I guess the tab might get choked up and lose some of its "stick". However, in practice, I don't usually open and close a diaper more than once or twice after I put it on, and so this doesn't really present a performance problem. Whereas on a Tena breathable, for example moving a tab once might render it unreliable. 

The tabs do a pretty good job of staying where you put them and resisting gravity. Not as good as an Active Air - those have 10/10 tabs - but, that is about the only criticism I have for the AirSupreme. I still prefer plastic diapers, and that's 80% of what I wear, but cloth-backed diapers have their place in the world, and these ones are better than most. 

The acid test was a buddy's barbecue on Saturday with copious quantities of craft beer. I brought two of the diapers with me in my backpack diaper bag because I was dropped off there and did not have my car. However, I noted a tactical error at one point while digging for insect repellent in the backpack - my cache of plastic shopping bags had been depleted. Ergo, I could change my diaper whenever I wanted to, but, I'd have to then toss the dead soldier into my backpack, bundled but unpackaged. This caused me to decide to try and ride the diaper I had on out for as long as possible. 

The AirSupreme performed heroically, taking more fire than I imagined it could have, and disbursing it throughout the generous stuffing. It swelled up notably, but never became uncomfortable, and when I finally opted for a diaper change, I was amazed that, upon inspection, there was no odor whatsoever, and, the exterior of the diaper, while showing some pilling of the material, was not damp to the touch. I concluded that, properly wrapped within itself, it would probably be okay in the bottom of my backpack until I could get it to a trash receptacle. I put another AirSupreme on and went back to the party, chatting and sipping beer until the wee hours of the morning, and then falling into bed in the same diaper. In the morning when I took it off for a shower, there was, again, no scent to be detected, and no leakage. 

Overall, they cost more than Rearz Active Airs, but also hold more, and their odor suppression is impressive. They have a place in my constellation of diaper options.  

Just a quick note today, I have to leave shortly for an appointment (car-related). I was out with my parents last night and my mom told me a funny story that I have almost no recollection of. The topic came up because I was helping them with replacing the lock on a bathroom door, because the lock button stopped working. While I was doing it, I vaguely recalled an episode where I had locked myself in the bathroom as a young child. I didn't remember much of it, just that I was upset, and that they had to pick the lock in order to get me out. I assumed that it must have been a lock malfunction, or that I'd set the lock and then not known how to unlock it. 

I mentioned it to my mom while I was unscrewing the existing doorknob, saying: "Mom, do you remember that time when I got locked in the bathroom when I was a kid? I have almost no memory of it, just being upset, and one of you having to pick the lock. What happened - did the lock break while I was in there or something?"

My mom started laughing. "No, no, the lock didn't break. You locked yourself in the bathroom and wouldn't open the door. You don't remember that part?"

I thought about it, but truly didn't. "No, I don't - how old was I? And why did I do that?"

My mom laughed again. "You were probably six. Your aunt Linda and cousin Rosa [who was about 8] were coming down from Ottawa for the weekend [we lived in Toronto] and we were going to go to Albion Hills [a conservation area] for a picnic on the Saturday. They arrived late from Ottawa on the Friday night, so you and your brother were already in bed when they got in. On Saturday morning, you guys got up early, and went out to the living room to put on cartoons, as you usually did. I guess you didn't realize that Linda and Rosa were sleeping in the guest room. At some point, Rosa got up and came out to join you. The problem was, you hadn't gotten dressed - you were wearing a diaper. When Rosa showed up in the living room, you ran into the bathroom and locked the door and wouldn't come out. After an hour or so, we gave up negotiations, and your dad just opened the lock from the outside. You were not a happy camper."

That's when another memory bubbled up from the depths - I recalled my dad leading me by the hand down a hallway and smacking me on the butt simultaneously. 

"Did dad smack me on the butt? I have a vague recollection that he did."

"Oh I wouldn't be surprised if he did. We asked you nicely to open the door several times. I offered to pass you a robe, but you just wouldn't listen. When your dad opened the door, you held onto the sink, and he basically dragged you out of there." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am once again writing to offer praise to Northshore, this time regarding their Megamax. I had been in a white one from when I went to bed the night before. It was a fairly dry night so when I woke up in the morning, it still had probably 75% of its capacity remaining. By lunchtime, I had to head out for an appointment to have my car serviced, a simple tire swap (so I thought). I stopped to pick up a large Tim's coffee on the way. 

I dropped the car off and installed myself in the waiting room to begin looking at work emails and processing my coffee. Within about a half hour, I got called up to the kiosk... during the tire swap, they'd identified that the back brakes were nearly at the end of their lives, and did I want to swap them? A quick mental service history check told me that, yes, they were probably about due - it had been maybe 90000 km, and modern cars with stability control counterintuitively tend to wear their rear brakes as fast or faster than their fronts sometimes, because the system can individually apply the brakes during driving to cause the car to pivot more, in response to steering inputs. "Sure, swap them."

So, they had to summon the parts from the ether, which took time, and then conduct the repair, which took time. Meanwhile, my diaper bag was, of course, in the car, which was on the lift. That left me at 3 in the afternoon, still sitting in the diaper I'd put on an hour or so before bed, the previous night. The front was now bulging ominously, to the point where I decided to relocated myself to a seating area outside, that was still within wifi range, so that if I developed a leak, at least I wouldn't be violating one of their upholstered indoor chairs, but rather, an outdoor metal chair with a mesh bottom. 

At last, I received a text that my car was ready, so I got up, and under the guise of smoothing out my shorts (because everybody does that...), I checked the area around my upper thighs... no evidence of press-out leaks. The feeling of being in a diaper was very present, because it was uniformly bulked up from front, to part-way up the back. It was even somewhat influencing my gait, although I didn't think it would be noticeable to anyone who happened to look my way. I had large cargo shorts on in a camo print, which I hoped masked the bulk. 

Keys in hand, I waddled out to the parking lot and got in the car, glad that leather seats are easy to wipe off, should the dark storm clouds down below give way to precipitation before I made it home. 

Once home, I headed straight for the bedroom, grabbed a fresh diaper (Lil' Monster) from my drawer, and let the current one hit the tiles in the bathroom with a pronounced thud. I was so damp down below that I decided to shower off, and the diaper was wet from stem almost completely to stern, but, my shorts were dry, and the tabs held fast. My hat is off to you, Northshore. 

Another quick side-note; my wife summoned another term for my baby pants from her archives last night. I had grabbed a diaper from my drawer (another Lil' Monster - her friend was coming over in the morning so I wanted to be in something relatively slim, and indeed, she's here now, and I'm still in same diaper). I was preparing to head into our bathroom, when she swung out of bed and said "Hold on, you can wait a minute. I need to use the bathroom, and people who wear Huggies don't get potty priority." 

So apparently I'm a person who "wears Huggies". Let's see... so, she's called them:

- My "underpants"

- "Undergarments"

- "Pampers"

- Now, "Huggies"

- Although I didn't note it here as far as I can recall, she did also once tell me that my "pull-up" was showing (it was not a pull-up, I think it was the top of a Mermaid Tale)

- And, of course, she sometimes calls them "diapers".

• Like 4

Well the hits just keep coming. I had an interesting and weird conversation with my wife yesterday while we were swimming, or rather, just after. She wanted to take me on a tour of the garden - she has plans to move everything slightly to the left, basically, or rather, she has plans for ME to move everything slightly to the left. I think the plants look happy where they are. 

She had a diagram in her hand so I knew it was going to be a long-winded conversation, so I said "Just let me get changed out of my swim suit." My motivation for that was more about getting out of my wet clothes, as the evening was cooling and the mosquitos were starting to emerge, than it was related to my needing to be back in a diaper, although I did want to be back in a diaper, as I'm not one to pee in my pool, and neither did I want to pee through my bathing suit in my garden in front of her. I quickly went into the house and toweled off and put a diaper on and some shorts over it and went back out. My diaper was showing at my waistline but it was only her and I out there and any neighbour looking over at us through and around the greenery would have to be looking VERY closely to have known what they were looking at. 

We did the tour and then ended up back around he pool, sitting on the edge with our feet in the water, when she said, apropos of nothing, "Have you considered buying swim diapers?" The question caught me completely off guard. First of all, it sort of betrays a lack of understanding of how such garments work... donning a swim diaper would not allow me to pee in the pool (or anywhere else) with impunity, because they exist primarily to constrain solids momentarily, and to let you take a bit more pool water with you when you climb out to sip your beer. 

However, a light did go on in my head... this was an opening, I guess, to buy some? Apparently she'd be fine with me wearing one, although in truth we don't swim alone all that often, and when the kids are swimming, I'm not going to wear some big pull-up with Finding Nemo on the front of it or whatever. But it would be kind of cool to lounge around the pool in a diaper, however useless, from a novelty perspective. One question I have to answer for myself is how discrete the products available even are. If they look from a distance like bathing trunks, then I might be interested, but if neighbours walking around their properties are going to be treated to the site of a pudgy middle-aged man wearing what looks like a pull-up, slathering sunblock onto himself, then the answer is no. I will restrict my pool-side diaper lounging to after dark. 

Have any of you bought or played around with swim diapers before, and what were your experiences? 

In other news, it is supposed to feel like 39 degrees today (102 F) with the humidity. Summer has landed. I'm working in my office in just an ABU AlphaGatorz. I have the windows open and there is a decent cross-breeze, so I'm not sweltering yet. At some point I may crack and turn on the A/C. It's been on in the house several times already, because my wife likes nighttime ambient temperatures to be conducive to the countertop storage of meat, but in my office, during the day, wearing just a diaper, I have more heat tolerance. 

• Like 2

I took a look at what's available for swim diapers from my two main suppliers, and I aborted the mission. They look like sad pull-ups for the terminally ill. Walking around on my pool deck in one of those holds no interest for me. And having the "grandma's dignity pants' waistband coming half way up my back out of my swim trunks would not be cute. Hopefully, someone makes an ABDL swim diaper someday. Maybe there already is one and I just haven't found it. Let me know if anyone out there has come across something. It would be a vanity exercise, anyway. I require none of the functionality of a swim diaper, it would just allow me to officially be in diapers ALL the time, everywhere. Well, except for in the shower. 

So, my diaper drawer stock is dwindling, and one of the deals I have with myself is that, except for under extraordinary circumstances, I always use what's in there before I go back to the diaper warehouse that my basement has become. The Rearz Princess Pink that I dredged up out of the "dead and slow" inventory box that I'm trying to burn through sat in wait for me. I'm not sure if I mentioned this here lately, but on another thread I was expounding about how I used to wear pink diapers in front of my wife with some regularity, because I had bought some Megamax's in pink, but since I burned through those, anything other than light splashes of pink have been missing from the décor, with respect to my baby pants. So, the "embarrassment curve" has steepened again on them. 

Anyway, I decided to man up and put on my girl diaper, so once I finished gardening yesterday and took a shower, on went the Princess Pink. Once the kids retired for the night, my wife invited me to watch a show, so off came the cargo shorts, and there I was. The new ones aren't as pink as the originals, but they're still pretty goddamn pink. I steeled myself for some kind of reaction, and walked out of our bathroom, but she immediately launched into a discussion about her landscaping grand vision, and nary a comment was made. I sat next to her on the bed and looked at her blueprints, and at one point she laid a TV remote across my lap. I had once again built this up in my head to be something, and clearly, to her, it was nothing. 

The next frontier for me is cloth diapers - I have the same reaction whenever I'm in them, which lately, has been not at all. I start wearing heavy pajamas and getting self-conscious that my printed plastic pants might be a bridge too far, although they look basically the same as any of my printed diapers, and I wear those around her all the time. 

On another note, someone on another thread noted that P&G manufactures both Pampers, and Secret, the women's deodorant, and that Secret came in a PH Balanced Baby Powder scent that reportedly smells a LOT like what any modern Pampers product smells like. I had to know, because I love the smell of Pampers, but I don't usually buy scented diapers because none of them smell exactly like that, and some of them smell like a fire at a chemical plant. My wife is sensitive to artificial scents (scensitive?), so I'm careful not to wear cologne or anything heavily scented, and that extends to my diaper choices. However she has never minded the smell of baby powder, and usually buys it for me, so I thought this might work out.

I bought a stick of the Secret and applied it to my diaper last night (the aforementioned Princess Pink), and, I compared the smell to that of some Pampers I have in stock. To me, it is spot-on. The stuff also seems to respond to body heat, so I've been carrying around that lovely powder scent with me all day, not intrusive, just there. Which is nice because nobody seems to carry powder-scented diaper cream around here anymore. I applied it to the interior of the wings, rather than to the business area, because I have no idea if it might cause some issue with my skin, although presumably the underarm area is also sensitive, and it is designed for application there. But I don't need chemical burns on my undercarriage, going into this weekend. 

• Like 1

I had seen some reusable abdl swim diapers recently that had prints and stuff. But rather expensive. Unfortunately it seems the pull up style ones are really the only reasonable alternative.

• Like 1
On 6/17/2022 at 1:18 AM, Little Sherri said:

We did the tour and then ended up back around he pool, sitting on the edge with our feet in the water, when she said, apropos of nothing, "Have you considered buying swim diapers?" The question caught me completely off guard. First of all, it sort of betrays a lack of understanding of how such garments work... donning a swim diaper would not allow me to pee in the pool (or anywhere else) with impunity, because they exist primarily to constrain solids momentarily, and to let you take a bit more pool water with you when you climb out to sip your beer. 

However, a light did go on in my head... this was an opening, I guess, to buy some? Apparently she'd be fine with me wearing one, although in truth we don't swim alone all that often, and when the kids are swimming, I'm not going to wear some big pull-up with Finding Nemo on the front of it or whatever. But it would be kind of cool to lounge around the pool in a diaper, however useless, from a novelty perspective. One question I have to answer for myself is how discrete the products available even are. If they look from a distance like bathing trunks, then I might be interested, but if neighbours walking around their properties are going to be treated to the site of a pudgy middle-aged man wearing what looks like a pull-up, slathering sunblock onto himself, then the answer is no. I will restrict my pool-side diaper lounging to after dark. 

Have any of you bought or played around with swim diapers before, and what were your experiences? 

I could never see the point of them since their only function is to contain poop and I'm NOT about to poop in my swimming pool.  I don't pee (deliberately, there may be drips, not sure) in it either.  Despite pee being largely chemically and biologically irrelevant to the swimming pool water column, I just make a point of emptying myself completely before getting in and I'm rarely in it for more than 30 - 45m which isn't a problem (yet, anyway...)

It seems that the only purpose for me to enter my swimming pool is to perform maintenance on it from within (it's easier to vacuum if I'm in it).

• Like 2

Well, I pushed a Rearz Active Air past the point of no return this weekend, and ended up relying on my camouflage cargo shorts to shield me from it becoming obvious to anyone. I was drinking beer and working around the pool, absentmindedly dribbling into my nappy, as is my usual habit, and I lost track of how long I'd had the diaper on. It wouldn't have been my usual selection for that time of day or those conditions, but we'd gone over to see the renovations that a friend was conducting on their house, so I went cloth-backed for the tour because we'd be climbing stairs and walking around in an otherwise tomb-silent unoccupied farmhouse. It was a warm day and I wanted to wear shorts and not worry about the crunch-crunch-crunch sounds I might be making as we walked or as I crouched down to look at flooring or peer into vents.  

After we were done, we headed home, and then I opened a beer, and started cleaning up around the yard and tinkering with the pool. Friends dropped by to say hello because they were driving in the area, and as we stood with them, I felt a dribble start at my upper thigh, and I swatted at it through my shorts like I was killing a mosquito, but, in fact, I was trying to make sure that it didn't run unimpeded down to my knee. Then I noticed my shorts dampening in a gradual bloom at my right and left hips, but the darkening patch of material was difficult to spot against the camo backdrop, thankfully. I was able to excuse myself a couple of minutes later and go swap that diaper for an ABU Little Kings, and swap those shorts for another pair of camo cargo shorts. 

My wife bought me some athletic shorts and matching breathable shirts in a larger size for Father's Day, which I think might be a silent commentary on her not liking how the outline of my diaper can perhaps sometimes be visible in some of my snugger shorts. However I don't wear those older garments except around the house, or particularly, while handling pool chemicals. But I have never expressly stated that, so maybe she thinks that I'd wear them to walk the dog around the neighbourhood as well. I wouldn't, other than maybe at night, but even then, I have better choices. 

So I got to conduct another fashion show for her wearing just that ABU oversized Pampers Cruiser replica, putting on the shorts and shirts that she'd bought for me on behalf of the kids. When we were done, I left on one of the t-shirts but took the shorts off, and spent the rest of the night dressed like that, which felt very liberating. My eldest was out for the night at a friend's place, and my youngest was exhausted  and possibly coming down with something, so had elected to go to bed at 8 PM. So I was free to roam the house in that diaper, and watch a show with my wife. At this point I'd venture to say that the sight of me wearing diapers has become normal for her, so that she doesn't even blink, and I'm barely conscious of it (unless it's a cloth diaper or a disposable with a lot of pink on it).

The "sport" for me is not found in wearing just a diaper in front of her, per so, but rather, wearing just a diaper in general. Case in point: she's out right now, and I'm sitting in my office in just a Lil' Splash, and a shirt (I'm pretty much always in a shirt, being shirtless feels weird to me). I don't know why that is exactly - I tended to wear something over my diaper as a kid other than in the hottest few weeks of summer, so being dressed in just a diaper isn't really nostalgic for me - most of my diapered memories involve snug pajama pants. But I suppose my enjoying wearing diapers is the meat in this sandwich, and the particulars of what else I do or do not have on are just the condiments. 

• Like 2

We are experiencing a stretch of VERY hot weather for this latitude, relatively early in the year, too - it does get quite warm in Toronto for periods of time in the summer, but not usually in June. I'm sitting in my office in just a Rearz Inspire and a t-shirt, and I may crack at some point and turn on the A/C up here. For now there is a decent cross-breeze between the open windows. I have maneuvered my large but light TV, and its stand, so that it blocks the sightline into my office from out front,  lest anyone happen to be out walking with binoculars, and out back, there are only trees. 

I spent a good portion of last night wearing a Megamax and laying flooring in my kitchen. We were doing the cuts outdoors, so while the A/C was on in the house, I spent as much time in the jungle humidity as I did in the conditioned air. It was in the low 30's yesterday, and allegedly felt like the high 30's because of the humidity. It's supposed to get up to 105 F F today, although, having been to Las Vegas, I can report that, 1) if the temperature is actually 105 F, as opposed to the humidex, you feel like you've entered a blast furnace whenever you go outside. And, 2), I actually think that a dry 105 F might be more comfortable than this sopping wet blanket draped over us right now. 

Here's the part where this becomes another NorthShore commercial. I wore a MegaMax under a onesie and some cargo shorts, and worked with a couple of buddies for about 6 hours, drinking beer and sweating profusely, and my diaper remained comfortable, never leaked, and, as far as I know, stayed discreet as well. The onesie created a furrow up the middle of the diaper, probably from all the up-down up-down activity, which caused the outer snaps in the crotch to let go, leaving the inner ones to bury themselves, thong-like, into the stuffing. I was amazed when I took off the onesie - the diaper was practically divided into two halves in the middle, but it held fast. 

You'd think that a breathable diaper would be the ticket in such extreme conditions, but I was worried about the quality of what it would be exhaling, working in close confines, so I went with plastic. The only thing I smelled was the occasional puff of baby powder scent. Megamax, the official diaper of the National Association of Amateur Floor Installers. 

My wife coined yet another nickname for me this morning. I was cleaning the pool wearing one of the new pairs of oversized shorts she bought for me, I think because she thought that they'd obscure my uncommon preferences in the underpants department, which they largely do, except when they slide down, which they do with great enthusiasm, when I'm bending over and getting up. The plastic exterior of my Inspire offers little friction in resistance to the call of gravity. So, my shorts inched their way down as I worked, until I was pretty sure the upper quarter of my diaper was visible out back, but it was just me out there, no neighbours were in their yards, and if they were, they'd have had to have been looking really closely to see anything, anyway. My wife decided to take a coffee to the pool deck, so she came out and stood watching my routine for a bit. Then she said "Hey, Diaper Man, pull up your shorts!"  

• Like 4

All I have to say right now is damn you, MoliCare Premium Elastic. I worked on my floor again for about 6 hours in a Rearz Essential, then it was time to drink beer on the deck for a few minutes. I knew I was taking a shower shortly, so I didn't want to put on a diaper with a long life expectancy, but I was concerned that the Rearz was near its breaking point - it has HOT out, I was sweating, the diaper felt pretty wet. Well, it turns out, I'd probably have been better off leaving that Essential on. I darted up to my bathroom, put on the MoliCare, grabbed some beers, and met my friends on the deck. Their kids were in the pool with my kids, some work had been done, it was the recipe for a friendly beer and some laughs before everyone went home at a reasonable time for a school night. Except. 

Except that the diaper I put on leaked IMMEDIATLY. I had on camouflage shorts and I was sitting on my own patio chair, so it wasn't as bad as if I'd been wearing white golf pants and sitting in someone's Bentley (I don't own white golf pants and have no friends with Bentley's...), but still, really, MoliCare, really, this is your first move? 

Sigh. I had to sit with dampness creeping down the insides of my thighs, and now I have to launder these shorts again (and they just got back from the leaking Active Air incident, not the fault of that diaper, by the way, that one was user error). 

These MoliCare's aren't even really diapers, they're just rectangles of plastic with stuffing inside, and then a weird elongated stretchy belt that reaches from the back to the front and adheres with Velcro-like landing strips that don't take to any repositioning. There is no "hourglass" shape to them. I hate these things. I got them for free from one of my diaper suppliers, so I felt compelled to try and use them, but now I don't know what I'd even use them for. If I'd stuffed a Pampers Cruiser into a Borat V-front bathing suit, I'd have had better results. These are clearly designed for people with minutes to live. 

Yes, I'm bitter. 

I had another "universe tapping me on the shoulder" moment last night. My wife was watching that show "A.P. Bio, which is a comedy series on Netflix. The episode she was watching featured a classroom full of those infant dolls that they use to teach high school students that becoming a parent is not all fun and unconditional love. The dolls, of course, were inconsolable, and also rapidly filled the class garbage can with diapers, although I'm not sure how that part of their functionality works in real life. I guess you pour liquid in up top, and it comes out down below, like the baby dolls my kids used to play with, except the little processor in there pays attention to the frequency and the amount? 

As is usual for that time of night, while this was on, I was lying in bed in a diaper. 

Then, later in that same episode, the principal of the school slept over at the main character's house, because he was having an issue with his wife or girlfriend or whatever, and absurdity ensued. At one point the guy said to his host that he'd peed in the middle of the night, and the host said "Oh God, where?!?", and then the guy clarified that he meant in the bathroom. But when the character said he'd peed in the middle of the night, my wife looked at me and lifted her eyebrows, as though to say "Some people around here also pee in the middle of the night..."

I'm sure that there have always been intermittent, random references to diapers in TV shows, but I've become much more attuned to them since I've gone back into diapers. It seems like it happens more often now, although the incidence of anything can be seen as increasing, once someone starts looking for it, and only counts when it does happen, without keeping track of how often it does not. "I always choose the wrong line at the checkout" being a prime example of that phenomenon. 

• Like 1

I'm going to start by noting that someone reading this who doesn't know my history might think that the following was just an exercise in wishful thinking. However, those of you who know me know that I haven't expressed a lot of "incontinence desires", and, when it comes to the #2 department, I haven't EVER spoken of wishing I had less control. 

However, this morning I was startled. Everything felt normal, and my Sunday morning was progressing at its usual relaxed pace when we have nowhere to be. I took the dog out, I made a coffee, I read the newspaper, I had some toast, I went out and vacuumed the pool, and generally tinkered. I was still in the diaper I'd gone to bed in, a Rearz Select that was slightly wet. It is my usual morning routine to stay in my overnight diaper, because I don't tend to wet a lot overnight, so depending on the product, and, to a certain extent, how much beer or wine I had the night before (on weekends, anyway), my bedtime nappy might carry me until lunch. Or until dinner if it's a Mermaids Tale or something big like that. 

However, after I've had a couple of coffees, the conveyor belt in my tummy starts chugging, and at some point, I have to answer the second of nature's callings, which I don't generally indulge in when I'm not atop the porcelain throne. So I coiled up the pool hose and put away the vacuum, headed into the house, and went up to our ensuite bathroom, because I like the solitude up there, and also, that's where I keep my toothbrush etc. I didn't intend to change my diaper yet, so I didn't bring a fresh one into the bathroom with me. 

I opened up one side, as is my usual procedure, and lowered my diaper - there's no point blowing open both sides when I'm putting it back on, as that doubles the chances of a tab failure that would necessitate a repair. Low and behold, I had very mildly, but inarguably, pooped my diaper. The damp stuffing had hidden any tactile evidence that might have presented itself, I imagine, but also, there is this to consider: I know with almost 100% certainty that this did not happen while I was awake and running around. THAT has never happened before, outside of having food poisoning or an enteric virus, neither of which are currently the case. Ergo, the other reason that I wasn't aware that I had a small load on board is that it had been on board for a while, and I'd assumed that what I was feeling "down there" was what I usually feel down there - slight dampness and maybe some clumped stuffing not uncommon in a diaper I've been in for almost 12 hours.  

I was, and remain, astounded. Is this a side effect of trying to train my unconscious brain to delegate responsibility for these functions to lower levels of management, when the boardroom is locked and the lights are out upstairs? I'm an inconsistent bedwetter. Sometimes this works, and sometimes I wake up irritated that I need to go to the potty, and I have to wave a hand at the guardians of the outflow system before drifting off to sleep. 

I'd have to dig back in this thread to recall when something like this last happened, but it can't have been more than 8 or 10 weeks ago, that I woke up with a minor load on board. Are my memos telling my body to just do what it needs to do in the #1 department also being read by the #2 department? I don't want to become a bed-pooper, that would not be convenient, and I think it would be about two bridges too far for my wife. Although I will note that I noticed no smell, otherwise I'd have known that something was up before puttering around the house for 90 minutes with a messy bum. I guess I'm lucky I had a plastic diaper on. 

I'm in much the same boat, and I've lost some control back there, as a results of giving up control over wetting.  I've had the odd minor accident, but usually I just head for the bathroom quickly at the first sign of activity in the bowel department.  It's when that happens when I'm out walking Binky that I can be in trouble...

• Like 1

I guess you just had some ready to go and got very relaxed during the night. Isn't metabolism and all that supposed to stop production when asleep?

I haven't experienced that...yet....

Normally, I get irritated when I'm awaked by a requirement that I could reasonably take care of while sleeping, such as the need to roll over, or, the need to pee, but early this morning, my High Water alarm saved me from a bit of cleaning up. I was lying on my stomach, and having a dream that I was out walking, or maybe hiking, in some kind of natural setting, when it occurred to me that I needed to pee, and then I had the usual epiphany... hey, big guy, you're wearing a diaper, remember? In the dream, I was walking with a group of people, although I have no idea who they were, but, for reasons only understandable in dream logic, I decided that I needed to pee cautiously, so that the people around me wouldn't know I had a diaper on. So I started slowly dribbling, when sensations from the real world reached down into dreamland and tapped me on the shoulder, or, more accurately, on the belly. 

I stirred, and thought, "Come one, subconscious, we can sleep through this!", but then I realized that I felt a dampness very high on my belly, pretty much at my navel. I came fully awake with a startle, realized I was peeing, and tried jammeing the breaks on the transfer. The flow didn't stop, but with effort, it seemed to slow, and I rolled over onto my back and then pivoted and stood up. That's when I realized that Mini Me was pointed straight up, and that a fold of the t-shirt I was wearing had become entrapped in the front of my diaper (a Bambino SkoolDoodles). I pulled the the shirt out of my diaper and pulled the front of my diaper forward so that the equipment dropped to its downward facing position, and the transfer continued uneventfully. I felt around the top sheet on the bed with my hand in the dark, and could find no evidence of a loss of containment. My t-shirt was toast, but that was the extent of the damage. I pulled it off in the dark, tossed it into a laundry basket, and climbed back into bed in just my diaper, falling right back to sleep. 

Fully automating the overnight wetting process may require the purchase of some terry-lined plastic pants or something like that. I have some standard vinyl plastic pants of the type generally worn over cloth diapers, which is mostly how I use them. I have sometimes put them on over disposables as well, but I find that the combination tends to irritate the skin between my legs for some reason so I don't tend to spend a lot of time that way. It probably cuts into realizing the maximum potential of my nappies, but I find diaper rash seriously discouraging, so I'd rather leave that last 15 - 25% on the table than do constant battle with redness down under. 

Are the terry-lined plastic pants less prone to encouraging diaper rash?

1 hour ago, Little Sherri said:

I don't know, but I'm in terry nappies every night, they're wet every night, and I rarely get any nappy rash.

• Like 1

I  wear larger terry pants over my disposable each night as a "just in case" and it generally catches anything "extra". Mostly at the leg cuffs. Also plastic pants on that, though the trade off between tightness of elastic to stop anything getting out and irritation is a difficult balancing act...

• Like 1
On 6/29/2022 at 1:15 AM, Little Sherri said:

I find them less irritating than bare plastic pants against my skin.  They also catch and deal with minor leaks whereas plastic pants will at best afford a temporary delay.

Usually once or twice per week I'll find my terries have "taken one for the team".

On the odd occasion, they have saved me from what would otherwise have been a catastrophic leak.

I have had wet terries as a result of events similar to you describe.  With the onset of semi-regular bedwetting, they are pretty much mandatory for me now.

The only thing is, they are NOT discreet.  It looks like 1975 down there.

Well I'm sitting on the couch in my living room right now, typing this out quickly while my wife is checking an a dessert she's baking for tomorrow. It's a long weekend here (Canada Day) and we're having some people over. Earlier we'd been frantically cleaning the house and the pool. 

Both of my kids are out for the night because this was their last week of school for the year. My elder daughter went to a movie with friends and then to a sleepover, and my younger daughter is staying over with the daughter of friends of ours. So my wife and I were winding down. I'd gone and taken a shower because cutting the lawn is dusty work. My wife is sitting downstairs rather than up, to monitor the baking - normally, after everything is done, we tend to wind down in our bedroom.

So I came downstairs in a fresh diaper (Rearz Select) under a pair of loose shorts, with a t-shirt overtop. I sat down on the couch next to her and started watching what she was watching, a comedy show on Netflix called A.P Bio. Then, apropos of nothing, she turned to me and said:

"You know the kids are out for the night, right?"

"Yes, I know that."

"Well, if you want to, you can be in just your diaper. You're more comfortable like that, aren't you?"

Well, I was dumbfounded. My face turned what felt like bright red. I didn't entirely make eye contact with her, but I found myself nodding. 

She said "Okay, then..." and she got up and drew the blinds. Not that anyone outside would have seen anything anyway - you'd have to come most of the way down my driveway to look in through my living room windows. 

She walked back and took her spot on the couch, so after a moment, I stood up, butterflies in my stomach, and took my shorts down, stepped out of them, and folded them on the armrest of the couch, and then sat back down, feeling the unfamiliar sensation of the couch leather against my bare thighs.

I want to emphasize for anyone new to this thread that I have been in a diaper in front of my wife about 2000 times by now, but never, ever at her request. 

So I sat there, sipping at my beer, slightly bewildered, watching the show, and then she got up and went to check the baking again, and while she did, still in the spirit of cleaning up I guess, she picked up a book belonging to my daughter from the side table - and then she took my shorts! And she went upstairs and put them away and came back down, and now she's puttering in the kitchen. I'm going to walk over in a moment and ask her how the baking is going, in just my big white plastic single-tab retro Pampers replica diaper, and a t-shirt from a local brewery. My head is still spinning. 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Little Sherri said:

"Well, if you want to, you can be in just your diaper. You're more comfortable like that, aren't you?"

Curious…

Pivotal to me here is her choice of the word “comfortable”.   Assuming the air temperature in the room wasn’t 37C (making the discarding of insulating clothing a pathway to comfort), it’s an interesting nuance of meaning.  Was it a statement or a perhaps a confirmational question, answered by your actions?

Of course the positive interpretation of this is that you are moving forward from an environment of mere tolerance towards green shoots of support.   The cynical daemon on my shoulder however is whispering in my ear that you're on the wrong end of a science experiment.

This is coming from somebody whose spousal response to uncovered nappies in bed during the hot months was to pointedly drape pyjama pants on my pillow before retiring...

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Then, apropos of nothing, she turned to me and said:

"You know the kids are out for the night, right?"

"Yes, I know that."

Well, I was dumbfounded. My face turned what felt like bright red. I didn't entirely make eye contact with her, but I found myself nodding. 

That's great - you're very lucky.

• Like 1