LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

24/7 startups, and unexpected pitfalls?

I have distilled another advantage of living the diapered life... more options when the water gets turned off. I'm having some electrical work done today, involving the tidying up of a panel, and the addition from some circuits. Being slightly out of town now, my water comes from a couple of hundred feet underground, requiring the use of a pump that demands electricity. Ergo, each toilet in the house has one flush in it, after which we would be down to buckets from the pool, I guess. At least it has thawed. 

But this is no issue for me, ensconced as I am, in a white Megamax. The water should be back on before the diaper needs to come off. Let us pray. 

I did another longish stint in an ABU Little Kings yesterday. I put it on before I went to bed on Sunday night, but I woke up essentially dry, so the clock really started when I had my first cup of coffee. I discovered that, under clothing, when not significantly burdened, these XL diapers can work for daytime wear. They're quiet and they seem to compress down and lose some of their bulk when confined by trousers and worn for a while. 

I got mad at myself and decided to take the dog for a good long walk after work yesterday... I'm railing against the Covid gym closures that legally required me to drink more beer and eat chips (crisps for some of you) in front of the TV with greater frequency. I'm up about 30 lbs from two years ago, a discovery that I was already dimly aware of, but that became confirmed when I tried on some of my golfing clothes, which had been "diaper-sized" about a year ago, and were somewhat baggy, but which are now "correctly sized". I clipped the lead to the dog, put on some running shoes, and set out on a 5 km course, still wearing the ABU. To my surprise, it turned out to be pretty decent active wear... I was walking at a brisk clip, nearly jogging sometimes (in the before-times, I used to run 5 miles a couple of times a week), and the diaper didn't irritate or chafe, the tabs held fast, and the stuffing didn't collapse into the middle of it.

When I got home, I stayed in the diaper. It was still comfortable, and only felt like it was at about 60% of its capabilities. It was just reaching the point where it might have been too swollen to hide, when my wife invited me to watch a TV show with her, and I reclined in bed in it (with athletic pants overtop), which probably assisted with recruiting the rearward stuffing into shouldering some of the load. After the kids said goodnight and the bedroom door was closed, I took the pants off but left the diaper on. It had by that point swelled notably up front, and between my legs, which made me a little self-conscious whenever I moved around the room, although it wasn't sagging pathetically yet - the four tabs were still on the job. 

On one of my trips across the room, to get water for the dog, my wife unexpectedly commented on my diaper; she said "Those ones are quiet." I initially thought she was talking about the kids or something, so I said "Huh?", to which she said "Your Pampers. They're quiet." I guess that's appropriate, because Little Kings actually do look like Pampers. The comment did raise an unspoken question, though. I've become fairly inured to the sounds my diapers make; I used to think that they echoed across the room and could be heard from down the street, but now I have become so desensitized that I barely pay attention. Evidence from the behaviour of those around me has suggested that most people are deaf to the characteristic crinkling that I had worried about in the early days of trying to go about my business wearing plastic baby pants. But my wife, evidently, had made note of it, although I guess she's much closer to ground zero than most... she's the only person who sees me walking around in just a diaper, which is the most unmuffled exposure one can have. 

On 4/4/2022 at 2:13 PM, Little Sherri said:

Perhaps some note will be forwarded to my family doctor that will precipitate a discussion, but, as far as I know right now, they had, and have, no interest in why I showed up in absorbent underpants, since that was not the stated reason for my visit.

With your courage at my side, I wore a full-on diaper to my annual physical yesterday. He asked if I was having problems with my bladder or bowels, I responded with a “nope!’, and we carried on like it was literally nothing. 

Gents, it seems we aren’t as weird and abnormal as we fear in our heads. 

• Like 1

Quite often I am startled by how crinkly some of them are, especially when fresh on. After a while they seem to calm down somewhat.

In my stealth league of regulars its Abena M4 -> Betterdry -> Megamax

I have other that seem noisier comparatively, but those three are my go to's when going out depending on how audibly obvious i want to be.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, jeremy12312 said:

With your courage at my side, I wore a full-on diaper to my annual physical yesterday. He asked if I was having problems with my bladder or bowels, I responded with a “nope!’, and we carried on like it was literally nothing. 

My hat is off to you, sir. I need your courage at my side! My current "plan", if you can call it that, is to wait for my elderly family physician to retire (whom I really like, as an aside, but who has been tending to me since I was in my late teens). Then, when I get a new doc, I'm going to swallow hard, and, in theory, assuming I'm feeling confident that day, I'm going to pretend that it's water under the bridge, I've been wearing diapers for years, I'm not interested in any more urological workups or taking medication with potential side-effects, I have found my solution, next question please. I'll probably wear something white and medical looking, though, as opposed to, say, a Mermaid Tale... that would be tipping my hand. 

I've passed through day 3 of my self-imposed new light exercise regimen, consisting of taking the dog for a ~5 km walk around the neighbourhood after work, usually before dinner. The dog, as an aside, sleeps like a log after that. Because we're a bit in the country, we've gotten into the habit of letting him just take himself for a walk on our property most of the time. We accompany him, to make sure he doesn't chase a squirrel out onto the road, but it's generally a couple of hundred foot walk at most. So, going out for a 5 KM saunter qualifies as a substantial fitness escalation for him. 

For me, that level of exercise lands in a netherworld between "doing nothing" (current default mode), and, "working out", which was what I used to do with some frequency, pre-pandemic. By which I mean that I would run 5 miles (8 km) 2 - 3 times a week at a good clip (about 45 minutes), and, I also went to the gym and participated in, and/or instructed martial arts classes 2-3 times a week. Those of you following this thread who have not grown weary of my random thoughts on my baby pants by now may recall that at the start of this 3-year stint in diapers, I was casting about for a product that I could wear while running that wouldn't cut me to ribbons, fall apart, or both. Back then, my process usually involved wearing my overnight diaper until mid-to-late in the day (I almost never wet overnight back then), and then switching to a slim, medical diaper in anticipation of running right after work, which was usually when I could fit it in. Then, I'd shower, bin the diaper (which might have seen 3 or 4 hours of use, max), and put on something medium-duty for the evening shift. I did not go to bed wet back then at all, in an effort to ward off diaper rash. 

So, many days were three-diaper days. However, over the course of the last 3 years, I have either upgraded my abilities, or downgraded my sensitivities, such that I can now wear pretty decent diapers anywhere - anything below comically large, overnight diapers. And even those, I'm willing to wear out for short errands, as long as they haven't swelled much yet. So, a lot of the time, I can make a two diaper daily diet work for me. 

This brisk walking I'm engaging in has not, so far, required me to change my changing schedule, BUT, I have discovered that not all diapers are hiking diapers. Case in point: I did my walk in an ABU Little Kings, which worked fine, great actually. I did it in a Megamax, which presented no issues. However, yesterday, I did it in a Bambino Teddy, a diaper that I generally find to be very comfortable. And I noted, at about kilometer 3, that I was starting to get intermittent damage reports from between my legs, where the gathers ride. By the time I got home, those areas were stinging in brief flashes, depending on how I was moving. Today, I'm in a Rearz Lil' Squirts. I may apply some extra diaper cream before my stroll. 

If I keep this up, and start going further or faster, cumulative damage in that area may require me to go back to putting on dedicated exercise diapers, and thus, back to using three of them per day, unless I switch over entirely to 20-hour rated products like the Alpaca and the Mermaid Tale, or large Megamax's, but, I'll have to then become a hermit, or buy pants two sizes too large, and maybe also a trench-coat, in order to conduct any business outside of the confines of my office or my bedroom. 

17 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

My hat is off to you, sir. I need your courage at my side! My current "plan", if you can call it that, is to wait for my elderly family physician to retire (whom I really like, as an aside, but who has been tending to me since I was in my late teens). Then, when I get a new doc, I'm going to swallow hard, and, in theory, assuming I'm feeling confident that day, I'm going to pretend that it's water under the bridge, I've been wearing diapers for years, I'm not interested in any more urological workups or taking medication with potential side-effects, I have found my solution, next question please. I'll probably wear something white and medical looking, though, as opposed to, say, a Mermaid Tale... that would be tipping my hand.

And my hat too.  Apart for not having to worry about waiting for my doctor to retire, my plan's just the same as Little Sherri's.

• Like 1

Last night's walk was conducted in a Lil' Squirts Splash. This time, I pasted myself up with diaper cream before venturing out. 45 minutes later, I was none the worse-for-wear. This was not a run, per se, but a brisk stroll. Ambient conditions were cool. I do have a designated "running diaper" in my arsenal, but I'm trying to avoid upping the draw-down of my inventory if it is uncalled for. I will switch to a 3-diaper a day system if required, but I'm not rushing to do that. 

Today I am in one of a couple of my remaining pink Megamax's. I have tried these in blue as well, by my perennial favourite is the white ones, so I don't think that I will order any more of them in other colours for the moment. One imagines that they will perform about as well as the white ones under the new exertion protocol? I suppose if I'm mowed down by a car, a pink diaper might raise the eyebrows of the medical personal a bit more. Presumably, that will be among the least of my concerns in that moment. 

I am testing out a pH-balanced cleanser I stumbled across, specifically for use with incontinence. I am not incontinent, but, I am subjecting my nether-region skin to some of the conditions typical for that demographic. I have nothing to report so far. I have had a couple of bouts of diaper rash lately that I beat back with topical antifungals, so I have a theory that my using the same soap down there that I use everywhere else when I shower may not be contributing to ideal skin regeneration conditions. It's funny, these things come and go, seemingly unrelated to my habits. I'm religious about using diaper cream, I use a good one (Desitin, despite the faintly medicinal smell), I change a couple of times a day, and I rinse the area when I change. Yet sometimes I'll go months with no issues, and then start having recurrent flair-ups seemingly for no reason. 

I want to get this one tamed before my theoretical golf trip South comes to fruition. I hadn't travelled as a diapernaut for quite a while, thanks to the pandemic, so I was worried that I had lost my savy, but when I went to see my brother on the East coast in February, with my younger daughter, I found it easy to manage. Only garbage was an issue, in his small apartment, but I overcame that by being helpful in taking the garbage out everyday. This golf trip will be a bit more of a test, because I'll be sharing a room with one of my buddies. I have no say in this because the smoking deal we're getting on the package is the result of my friend's employment with a major hotel chain. So, I can't try to reengineer the arrangements to get me my own space - that would cost all of us more money. 

On a side note, it's snowing out right now. Canada in mid-April. I worked outside in a t-shirt about 10 days ago. This winter does not want to go back to hell, where it belongs. Sigh. So, minimal opportunities to work on my swing prior to the trip. 

Anyone out there have a preferred golfing diaper? I'm thinking of leaning heavily on my Rearz Active Air's for daytime use - they're relatively slim but have decent capacity, they're church-quiet, and the tabs are as reliable as the sun. For nighttime, I really want to be in something plastic, but I don't know how I'll manage an audible diaper, unless I sleep in jeans, which tend to muffle most plastic diapers. Maybe if I get lucky I'll end up bunking with the guy who uses the CPAP; perhaps the Darth Vader ventilator sounds will let me crunch-crunch-crunch around with impunity. 

I'm in a Rearz Inspire today; I jumped out of bed, thinking I was on the verge of being late for a meeting, threw on jeans and a sweater, made a coffee and sprinted for my office. However, it turned out the meeting had been cancelled. In the interim, my contractor turned the water to the house off for the next few hours, so I guess I really am confined to my diaper for the morning. Normally, I take care of the second of nature's callings on the loo, however, it appears that I have been beaten to the punch by my contactor on the main floor, and my kids upstairs, because all of the toilet tanks have been discharged. I suppose I could fill a bucket in the pool, but that would require peeling back the pool cover - it being April, everything over there is still in "survive winter" mode. Or, I could flush toilet using bottled spring water, but that would be about a $5 decision. 

For now, I'm in just a diaper and a work shirt. I have very little experience with the trustworthiness of a Rearz Inspire under such circumstances. I haven't gone there yet, but if I do, I'm hoping that they will perform as well as they usually do. However, why risk my pants? I have a "put your head down and get to it" kind of day ahead of me - lots of wading through spreadsheets in preparation for a couple of meetings later. I've occasionally had the thought on such days that wearing diapers can be damned convenient at times, although perhaps this is just payback for how inconvenient they can be at other times. But when I'm watching a movie or TV show in bed with my wife, or sitting in my office staring down the barrel of multiple consecutive meetings, it is undeniably convenient not to have to get up and go. Although I guess the fact of wearing them has eroded my range. 

Regardless, I shall enjoy my morning in just a big plastic diaper, for as long as it lasts. I've told the contractor that I have a busy day today, so I'm hoping that will stave off consultations on this or that, so that I can have some time to get some stuff done up here.

I had another "elephant in the room" moment with my wife this weekend. "Elephant" might be exaggerating things a bit; I think that exposure has shrunk this pachyderm down to something closer to Canis Familiaris in terms of how much psychic space it occupies. I might also be exaggerating the significance of the moment, because, of course, I only have my perspective from which to report it. In any case, my wife was watching a TV show that is set in the 1980's (although produced in the 2000's), and in the show, a couple of characters were watching TV on a glorious puce green set with a screen about the size of a hardcover book. On the screen, a vintage Huggies TV commercial aired, and the camera lingered on it for a moment. The commercial said something along the lines of the diaper being designed to "move with your baby", and my wife cast me a sideways glance. I was dressed as I usually am at that hour of the night, this time in a Rearz Lil' Monster and a sweatshirt. 

Then, Saturday Night Live came on, which I think was a rerun, and they ran a skit with Jake Gyllenhaal about a CD on sale at a truck stop, containing songs inspired by trucking, where diapers come up twice in they lyrics within about 5 minutes. However, she was embroiled in her crocheting and did not seem to notice. Maybe it's time for me to stop paying attention to such things, but it's almost a reflexive reaction on my part; someone says "diapers", and I am immediately brought back to the fact that I'm wearing one. I suppose if I'd been recently convicted of drunk driving, I might react the same way to beer commercials. But that would be a result of of guilt which was richly deserved, whereas the... I'm not sure 'guilt' is the word, but maybe 'self-consciousness', in this case, is there, even though I believe that by now, I have for the most part come to terms with my unconventional underclothing preferences. 

Those of you reading this who haven been wearing diapers around a partner, do you still experience something like this occasionally, or, is being in diapers like breathing to you now, utterly unremarkable? 

16 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Those of you reading this who haven been wearing diapers around a partner, do you still experience something like this occasionally, or, is being in diapers like breathing to you now, utterly unremarkable? 

There's not often much worry about it these days, it really has become the new normal for both of us.  Mummy's more likely to bring anything like that to my attention so I don't miss it, rather than pretend it's not happening.  And she tries to make sure I don't miss any big boobies!

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Funnily enough, I’d actually started a blog update on nappy “normalisation” (such as it is) within my relationship when I kicked it to one side in favour of a follow-up Cammies review which will get followed up with a “Dailee Slip” review (spoiler alert: they were dreadful).

Tbh, I’m still very, very self-conscious around her because I know how much she hates them.  Balancing against that is a certain sloppiness of discretion bread from long habit.  Things get left laying around in plain sight and I'm over hiding plastic pants overnight.  They need to air out.

A couple of time she’s walked on me getting dressed in the morning where from the waist down, I’m only in a nappy and plastic pants.  She pretends not to see and I feel awkward which is silly because we all know this is what I do.

Whilst I have come to terms with my nappies, I have not come to terms with my beloved’s sustained hostility toward them.

17 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

For now, I'm in just a diaper and a work shirt. I have very little experience with the trustworthiness of a Rearz Inspire under such circumstances. I haven't gone there yet, but if I do, I'm hoping that they will perform as well as they usually do.

It happens (rarely) at the intersection of convenience, solitude and proximity to change time.  It's disposing of the dead soldier afterwards that's painful.  No hope of sneaking THAT into the diaper pail in my study.  It needs to be far, far away, possibly in outer space.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, oznl said:

It happens (rarely) at the intersection of convenience, solitude and proximity to change time.  It's disposing of the dead soldier afterwards that's painful. 

In the end (pun there), I elected not to go that route, out of concern for the air quality in my office, should anyone have come up to see me. The water was restored within about 3 hours, and I was able to do as I normally do, rather than failure-testing a disposable. Part of my calculus on this was also that I have very little tolerance for just hanging around in an utterly obliterated nappy, and with no water, there would be no hope of a cleanup for an indeterminate period of time. Unless I tried to conduct it with a frigid bucket of pool water. 

HAD I gone down the route of "fully" using my nappy, with my luck, one of my wife's friends, or, maybe the building inspector, would have then pulled into the driveway, and been immediately perplexed by the sight of me running into the field behind our house. 

I do want to comment on the Rearz (InControl) Inspire, though. They haven't played much of a role in my system over the past three years, and I'm not really sure why. Perhaps I was dazzled by the technological wizardry of the InControl Elite Hybrid, a diaper with a name as large as its capacity, or, the novelty of the InControl Essential, or the prints available on other Rearz products. I recall buying some Inspire diapers early in my career, maybe because they were on sale, and finding them really bulky, but, that was before my "continuous improvement" evolution to nearly always wearing big plastic diapers. In any case, I bought a bag of them, I think maybe to top up an order to the free shipping tipping point, and I've been throwing one into the mix here and there. 

I was relaxing in a fairly burdened one, later in the day yesterday, and, my thoughts drifted down to my diaper... precisely because I hadn't thought about it in... a fair bit. It had swelled up decently, but was still very comfortable, and, it was not giving me the impression that it was about to do anything unpredictable. Eventually, I went to change it, and when I did, I noted that there was a very even load distribution throughout the core, better than, say, the ABU Pampers clone I field tested, or even a Megamax, which is one of my favourite products. Both of the latter products tend to swell up quite a bit in front, while the back remains pristine. The Megamax eventually employs more of its stuffing, but not until the front has swelled alarmingly. The front of an ABU seems almost to be able to contain all the fluid in the world, without needing any help from the back. When I run through the last of these Selects, I will probably buy more. 

At the opposite end of the flamboyance spectrum from the sober select is the Lil' Bella I'm in currently, a cotton candy-scented, brightly-coloured plastic diaper featuring a winged pony and rainbow motif. I bought a package of them on impulse quite a while back. They're as good as any of the medium-duty Rearz products out there, but I find casually rocking this over-the-top print in front of my wife to be a bit of a stretch, even for me, and I like printed diapers. Although she hasn't said a word about it. 

22 hours ago, Vulpix77 said:

Do you ever see yourself transitioning into full diaper use down the road? Like not using the toilet for anything at all?

When I first started out, I was looking for advice on going 24/7 for a few weeks while my family was in Europe. At the time, my plan was to turn the water off to all the toilets and try to live fully in diapers. However, I became daunted by the amount of work involved with the cleanup after seismic events. The only way to do it satisfactorily is to take a shower, which I can only really accomplish at home. Since I work from home most of the time, in theory, I could often make it work, but probably not all the time. 

Next on the list of issues is the fact that almost nobody knows I wear diapers, so I'd be tipping my hand if I occasionally tainted the air. Plus, my wife barely puts up with me wearing them; I don't know how she'd react if I sometimes smelled like an uncleaned public restroom as well. 

So, I wouldn't be "authentically" using them - I'd have to plan out when and where I could do so, and at that point, my thinking is, I might as well just use the potty, because it takes way less time and means I'm not using more diapers than I already am. 

My hat is off, though, to those of you who have found ways to (or who have to) make full use of your diapers. It has to be difficult at times. Maybe someday if I'm retired and the kids have moved out, or if opportunity presents a me with a stretch of time with the house to myself, I'll test out that road again. 

Lest anyone be lead to the opinion that this is all sunshine and roses now that I am a Diapermaster (a rank I just made up but that is defined as someone who has been in diapers 24/7 the second time 'round, for as long, or longer, than their first round of 24/7, which typically commences minutes after birth), I proffer two cautionary tales. Both were of my own making.

The first entailed a split-second decision to stay in a Megamax I had on; in preparation for our upcoming guy's golf trip South (just as the weather up here finally starts to sometimes feel a bit Southern, for a few minutes in the afternoon if it's not raining [although I had snow on my car this past weekend, and colleagues of mine out West are getting 80 cm of it as I type this...]), a buddy called me spur-of-the-moment right after my workday finished, and asked if I wanted to go hit some balls at a driving range. I did want to do that - it's been half a year almost, since the last time I picked up a club. I needed to confirm that I was still terrible. 

But the Megamax only had a few hours on it, which is like using a 3/4 ton pickup truck to go fetch a loaf of bread. On a side note, currently, most 1/2 ton pickups can tow around 10000 lbs, and carry upwards of a ton in their beds. 3/4 ton trucks can often tow north of 20000 lbs, and carry 1.5 tons in their beds. 1 ton trucks, properly equipped, can tow into the low 30's, and take two tons in their beds. So this is a rare instance of product capabilities getting ahead of marketing hyperbole. But I digress. 

Normally for a golf outing, I might throw on an InControl Active Air, for, say, a full 18 holes, or, one of the light-duty medical diapers I stock, if it was only going to be a couple of hours. I have worn plastic ABDL products like Lil' Monsters or Megmax's at the golf course or driving range in the past, but I have now expanded to occupy the space I've been given, in terms of my used-to-be-oversized, now-are-correctly-sized trousers, so I'm a bit less confident of the undetectability of big plastic diapers. But I didn't want to bin a great diaper prematurely. In a surge of misplaced confidence, I thought, f**k it, I'll stay in what I've got on. 

Frequent readers may remember that I've been undone by cameras before. They are not my friends, and, they are everywhere. I was in my bay at the driving range, generally happy with how straight my shots were, and unhappy with how far they were going, and anytime I really swung out of my shoes, of course the ball went further... and 45 degrees to the left or the right. My buddy, trying to help me, filmed me while I hit a couple, without telling me he was doing that. This is the same guy, by the way, who filmed me climbing a ladder a few weeks ago. You can see where this is going. 

He called me over to him, and played my swing back in slow motion, to show me how I was stooping as I swung, presumably costing me some power. However, I wasn't fixated on if my head was stationary and my knees were bent. I was fixated on my elephantine butt. As my core pivoted through the follow-through and then came to a stop, all in 1/10th time, I think I even saw my diaper continue moving for what would have been a tiny fraction of a second, but was now a whole additional second. 

Of course, the video had been immediately shared with about 9 people in a chat group. I've been down this road before with the ladder-climbing video shot from below, so I know intellectually that people tend to see what they're expecting to see. So, they're seeing a dumpy middle-aged derrière on a guy who could clearly stand to drop a few pounds. Or tens of pounds. Given the crickets that accompanied the last prime time airing of my diapered tushy, from a group of guys not known for puling punches, I am expecting that once again, nothing will come of this. But, I sure did look like a guy wearing a diaper, at least to me. 

Folly #2 involved the same Megamax. After the driving range, we went out for beers, only having a couple because we were both driving. Then we switched to soda water, to finish watching a baseball game without imperiling our drivers licenses. I got home at 11, finding my wife sitting in bed, watching TV, and wanting to chat more about the renovations that have upended our household. I pulled my golf shirt and jeans off as she talked, and then she invited me over to look at her computer. Wearing just a onesie (diaper shirt, snap-T) and a diaper, I clambered over the covers and sat next to her to consider lighting options for about 45 minutes.  As I sat there, the beers and soda waters I had rented became due for return, and I mindlessly dribbled into the Megamx... until I realized at some point that I was pointed a bit upwards in there... that realization coming by way of a distinct trickle at my right hip. 

Without missing a beat, I ran my hand along my side... crap. Yup, my diaper had leaked, and the duvet had a wet spot on it, right where I was sitting, right next to her. My mind raced ahead of the "oooh, isn't that lamp interesting" facial expression I hoped I was maintaining. My arm shot out for the water bottle I keep on my nightstand. I opened the top, took a sip, closed it only part way, and then put it down awkwardly beside me. I felt water run under my thigh. I jumped up like I'd been stung by a scorpion, sized the leaking bottle, and said "Oh, I'm an idiot....", then ran for paper towel. In the bathroom, I looked at myself in the mirror, and saw that the rear leg opening of my onesie was wet, too high for it to have been the result of the leaking-water-bottle coverup mission. I went back and swabbed up the liquid, then apologized profusely, and swapped the duvet for a fresh one, all the while dimly self-conscious about my notably swollen equatorial zone. Hopefully the coincidence of my carelessness with the water, and just how wet my diaper was in that moment, did not register with my beloved.  

On 4/15/2022 at 1:22 AM, Little Sherri said:

He called me over to him, and played my swing back in slow motion, to show me how I was stooping as I swung, presumably costing me some power. However, I wasn't fixated on if my head was stationary and my knees were bent. I was fixated on my elephantine butt. As my core pivoted through the follow-through and then came to a stop, all in 1/10th time, I think I even saw my diaper continue moving for what would have been a tiny fraction of a second, but was now a whole additional second.

Did you have a compression pant on?  With the exception of the almost-inescapable frontal bulge of a well-used BetterDry, my compression pants limit visual evidence to a certain featureless flatness of the relevant terrain.

4 hours ago, oznl said:

Did you have a compression pant on? 

I have to confess to having become lazy about this. For a period of time, I followed your prescription religiously, wearing bicycle shorts over my nappy with some frequency, but after a while, I stopped worrying about it. I think this might be the result of working from home for the last 2+ years with a few exceptions. I've become very used to just pulling jeans over whatever I have on, and getting groceries or buying wine or what have you - nobody in those settings knows me from Adam. But the unblinking eye of a camera, rendered in slow motion, dissects down to a resolution not commonly achieved within the casual glance. Maybe I should buy more compression pants. 

I have a cautionary tale of two diapers from opposite sides of the tracks today. I put on one of my Prevail gym diapers over the weekend, to visit friends of my wife. We were there to see their new home. I felt like maybe she'd appreciate me wearing something relatively slim. She has never said as much, so perhaps I am projecting, but I know that she's not terribly excited about the idea of her friends finding out I wear diapers. I'd had on a Rearz Inspire that was near the end of the runway, and we weren't supposed to be out long, anyway. One of the reasons for my slim selection was that I had on a new pair of jeans that hadn't been worked in yet. I find that with jeans, wearing them for a day or two makes them considerably baggier on me than when they started out. 

However the wine started flowing and we were out for a bit longer, and drank a lot more, than I had in mind when I planned out my wardrobe for the outing. I started holding it towards the latter half of the visit, which was maybe 2 hours long. My wife drove home while I clenched my teeth slightly. We finally arrived at the house, and I asked her to send the dog out to me when she went inside. The dog came racing out and I took him for his usual stroll around our property. He'd seemingly been in the same position that I was, minus the wine - he clearly needed to go, so he found a suitable patch on the lawn, and cut loose. Watching him do that, I also cut loose. This was a tactical error - I totally forgot what I was wearing. My diaper flooded out the front left and right corners where the wings meet the front panel almost immediately, creating a saucer-sized wet patch on each thigh. So then I had to wait outside for a few minutes (the dog didn't mind), to give my kids time to head into their bedrooms - I watched for the lights in their windows to confirm that they had, in fact, headed into their rooms, so that I could walk upstairs in my flooded pants and conduct a lower wardrobe swap. 

I went from that slim, cloth-backed gym diaper, to the opposite end of the protection spectrum - a Rearz Alpaca. At one time, the Alpaca was near the top of the Rearz product hierarchy, although now I think it has been supplanted by the Mermaid Tale and maybe the Elite Hybrid. I hadn't worn one in a while, so I had pulled it out on a lark when I restocked my diaper drawer. The next day was a Sunday with no company coming over, so it looked like I would probably be able to enjoy a decent stretch in a relatively bulky diaper. I had forgotten just how bulky they are... even dry, they have a notable heft to them. 

So by dinner time the next day, I was about at the end of my rope in terms of how big of a diaper I could wear around the house without looking like I was hiding a deceased raccoon in my pants. I parted ways with the diaper at around 7 PM, meaning I was in it for roughly 18 hours, with no loss of containment. Good job, Rearz. 

In other news, I am staring down the barrel of my trip with my buddies. This has evolved from a golf trip South to a... uh, drinking trip Southwest? There will be golf as well, but our trip has shifted focus to a less golf-centric destination, but one with excellent whiskey potential. I just have to navigate sharing a hotel room with someone for a few nights. I must never lose track of what I'm wearing there! Wish me luck. 

15 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I have a cautionary tale of two diapers from opposite sides of the tracks today. I put on one of my Prevail gym diapers over the weekend, to visit friends of my wife. We were there to see their new home. I felt like maybe she'd appreciate me wearing something relatively slim. She has never said as much, so perhaps I am projecting, but I know that she's not terribly excited about the idea of her friends finding out I wear diapers. I'd had on a Rearz Inspire that was near the end of the runway, and we weren't supposed to be out long, anyway. One of the reasons for my slim selection was that I had on a new pair of jeans that hadn't been worked in yet. I find that with jeans, wearing them for a day or two makes them considerably baggier on me than when they started out.

I'm a big fan of over-engineering my diapers when I'm out socialising, more or less an opposite strategy to yours here.

For a dinner party, I'll use a Mermaid (dwindling number left and no more Australian stock) or a Cammy (not really the equal of the Mermaid) and hide the bulk with a compression pant over my plastic pants with whole lot under dark, loose jeans. 

This gives me an abundance of caution across the evening and is usually good for the overnight shift that follows.  Another plug for compression pants there ?

Assuming the container that carries the Mermaids ever makes it downunder and the price hasn't gone even-more-stupid, I will hold some of them in my arsenal for these "overtime shift" applications.

I've also found that the failure mode of el-cheapo diapers is usually "catastrophic" whereas a decent one will offer something resembling graceful degradation: some minor press-out leaks at your bum or something like that.

• Like 1
On 4/20/2022 at 2:35 AM, oznl said:

I'm a big fan of over-engineering my diapers when I'm out socialising, more or less an opposite strategy to yours here.

This wouldn't usually have been my approach, but I thought it was going to be a pretty short visit. It WAS a pretty short visit, in the grand scheme of things, but time is relative, particularly when you're wearing an inadequate diaper. 

Speaking of inadequate diapers, I made it through my guy's golf & reckless drinking trip to the US. I shared a room with another guy, so I had to keep my diaper situation on stealth mode. I brought 15 InControl Active Air's with me as a base daytime option, I had a few Megamax's for sleeping in, lots of baggy clothing, and I packed the remains of the grim Depend man pull-ups that I bought for my urology appointment. I also threw a stack of Pampers Swaddlers into my bag, for use as stuffers in the Depends, since size 7 kid diapers mysteriously have twice the capacity of L/XL adult pull-ups in this strange world we occupy. I was slightly worried that I'd end up explaining it all to a customs agent while my friends looked on, perplexed, but we were waived through the border in about 5 seconds. 

It all worked out pretty well. The weather was great, the golf courses were good, and my own games were sub-mediocre, however those memories have been washed away by rivers of craft beer, red wine and bourbon. "Dear Liver, I feel that I owe you an apology..." 

I wore the pull-up-and-Pampers combo when we were around the room, and I cheated a bit as necessary, IE, I sometimes used the toilet for #1 as well as #2. I wore the Active Airs for playing golf or going out to bars, and I wore the Megamax's to bed, slipping into them under the noise of a running shower and a loud bathroom fan. Staying at my brother's place earlier this year was instructive, and I employed the same strategy with respect to waste disposal - I deputized myself as the custodian in residence. We generated a lot of beer cans and bottles, pizza boxes and takeout containers, so the small cans in our rooms were quickly deluged, however there was always a maid's cart parked somewhere with a yawning giant garbage bag slung from one end, so once a day or so, I'd "take out the trash", including a bag of spent nappies. I lost nothing to leaks except the edge of one onesie, and the questionable sanctity of the hotel mattress went unviolated. 

As far as I know, nobody knew I was in a diaper. If anyone figured it out, they were very polite about it, and I guess that's all you can ask for. 

On the topic of not knowing someone's in a diaper, I have a quick story from around the hotel pool, about a guy who apparently didn't know he'd purchased diapers. The weather on the trip was fantastic, so on a couple of the afternoons after we were done on the golf course, we went and sat by the outdoor pool at the hotel, and had a couple of beers, although none of us went swimming - it was just at the cusp of being the right temperature for it, even by Canadian standards. However, that did not deter the kids that were staying at the hotel. There were not very many of them, but there were a few, and it being primarily a golf-focused area, the only option for entertaining them was that lukewarm assure water. 

On one of the evenings we were out there, a guy showed up at the pool with two kids in tow, a girl of maybe 7 or 8, and a boy of 6 or 7. We were the only people out there, other than two women who appeared to be in their 60's, sitting over by a hot tub, drinking wine. The kids jumped into the pool and the guy sat down on a chair at a table closer to us than to the women, and given that we all have kids and have all taken our turns entertaining them at hotels, when he glanced over at us, we immediately invited him to have a beer. He walked over and sat down, and almost immediately, felt compelled to explain something that I assume we'd all noticed, but obviously hadn't commented on: his daughter was wearing a completely conventional bathing suit, but his son was wearing just a swimming diaper. 

He explained that the kid had lost his bathing suit on the first day they were there, possibly dropping it on the way back to their room, so he'd walked over to the CVS pharmacy down the street, and bought a pack of "disposable swim trunks", as he called them. He said he'd looked in the gift shops nearby but they didn't have anything in the right size, and the nearest Walmart was a 15 minute cab ride away. I almost felt like offering to take them there the next day - we had a car with us - but this was Saturday and he said they were leaving on Sunday, anyway. Still, I felt for that kid, wearing what his dad called a disposable swimsuit, but what most people would call a swim diaper. I wondered how it had gone for him when there were more kids in the pool than just his sister.

In any case, he seemed unperturbed about it, running around and jumping in and out as he was, so maybe I'm projecting my own feelings onto his predicament. I just thought it was an interesting juxtaposition of situations... there's me, sitting at the table with my buddies, wearing baggy cargo shorts over a diaper, using maybe 5% of my CPU capacity running background anxiety processes about wearing that diaper, and also sharing a room with someone, even though there was about a 98% chance that nobody would ever be the wiser. Meanwhile, here's this kid, wearing only a swim diaper, because he lost his bathing suit, and his dad thought that this was the best way to rectify the situation. I wondered where mom was. Golfing? It put my problems in perspective, I guess I'm saying. The universe has a sense of humour, and sometimes it taps you on the shoulder. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

"Dear Liver, I feel that I owe you an apology..."

Do not prevaricate on this.  The liver is evil.  It MUST be punished ?

• Haha 1

I'm in a Rearz Lil' Monster today, a very comfortable diaper that strikes a good balance between capacity and bulk, as well as price. My stock is dwindling so I'm racking my brain for when their sales used to be; since the pandemic some of their scheduling has been thrown off, if I recall correctly. I know they do a great Black Friday sale, but I think there used to be one in early summer, too. Regardless, I'm in no danger of running out of something to wear under my jeans - I still have an unopened case of Lil' Splash diapers, and 4 or 5 cases of other products, Megamax's and other Rearz products and the ABU Pampers look-alikes and odds and ends of outlier products like Alpaca's and Princess Pink's. 

I came close to taking advantage of the Bambino Easter sale; their special prices nearly offset the fairly high cost of having them shipped up here. However, I realized that their shipping date coincided with my being away on my guy's trip, meaning that there was a chance my big box of diapers would either be brought into the house by my kids, or one of the contractors. When my kids find a box that size on the porch, they tend to open it. Or, it might have been left on the porch in the rain. The best-case scenario still involved my wife finding a case of 36 gloriously printed giant baby diapers, and either dumping them unceremoniously in the garage, or making one of the kids carry them to the basement. The only way to advance the timeline was to pay for expedited shipping... which would negate the sale price, and make them $5 diapers again. Sigh. 

I don't have a heck of a lot to say today, other than to note that, as is nearly always the case, today, life is better in a diaper. I have no idea how the non-diapered people do it. I don't envy you. 

I decided to copy this over here because I mentioned in a couple of other places but forgot to put it here, and it is an occurrence, if not a milestone, or even a mile marker. It relates to the trip I was just on:

So, uncharacteristically (for me), I occasionally used the restroom for #1, an occasion I normally reserve for nature's requirement #2. I was wearing dreadful Depends man-themed pull-ups, with a size 7 kid's diaper stuffed inside, because kids wear diapers at a professional level, so products aimed at them are incongruently more capable than products aimed at adults who discharge 6 X the volume per day. I had just finished going #1 like a big boy, standing and everything, because we were drinking local craft IPA's and I would have been burning through even a good diaper, let alone an awful one. I tucked the equipment back inside my diaper-in-a-pull-up, started washing my hands... and then felt warmth appearing in the nether real estate aft of my wedding tackle. I'd spontaneously wet myself, just a small amount, but it was a bit disconcerting, because presumably, having just done it deliberately, I didn't really need to go that badly. Bladder spasm? But I felt nothing. 

In other news, I really really like these ABU Pampers clones. They're a very comfortable diaper, look great, have "real diaper" capacity, and they're quiet when you might want quiet. They only have a couple of downsides: first, they cost like $6 CAD per diaper landed, which is usually what I spend on two diapers. Second...

There's nothing like a renovation to throw your world upside down. You'd be amazed how much you use your kitchen, as an aside. Not having one is a notable imposition. Plus, we are absolutely bleeding money right now, and things are always being thrown at us as options we should really consider since we're already in the thick of it. It's like if you planned to buy a Volkswagen, and then people who know more about cars than you started suggesting that, since you're already in the process of buying a car, and you're not going to want to do this again for a decade or two, it would be wise to add... all-wheel drive, twin turbochargers, heated headrests, 21-inch carbon fiber wheels, self-driving... and now you've bought a Porsche and will have to work until you are 80. 

So, my wife and I had a good row (argument) about some of that last night. And of course, I was wearing my usual later-in-the-evening apparel, this time consisting of an ABU Little Kings Pampers Cruiser look-alike diaper, and a t-shirt that didn't cover most of it. The argument got heated, and a bit into the dirt - she's made a bit of money lately, but historically, I've been pulling this train financially, and I basically never use that card, because she's run the kids' lives and saved me from having to know about dance costumes and figure skates and riding helmets and tights and ballet shoes, and on and on, things I have no bandwidth for and that are as approachable as learning Chinese to me. But now she has a bit of coin on hand, and she wants to throw it around on the project, which is fine, but it's a discussion, in my opinion, because all of our money is "OUR" money. But apparently, the money I make is "our" money, while anything she pulls together is "her" money. Although of course I will also occasionally be using the kitchen, so I will benefit somewhat from these additions. But in this inflationary environment, the absurd prices being thrown around are keeping me up at night. 

So, we were having a very serious, heated, adult discussion... and I was wearing a very frivolous giant baby diaper, which I became keenly aware of, although, to her credit, she never once mentioned it. But she did cast an eye to it a couple of times that I caught, so I know that she was thinking of lobbing a grenade at that part of my encampment. It takes a certain amount of fortitude to walk back and forth, gesticulating emphatically, in such a garment. Then, she basically grabbed my hand and started physically dragging me down to look at something in the kitchen, and once I got down there, I deeply craved the safety of at least a pair of pants being close at hand, because although the kids were asleep, and we weren't yelling at each other, the tone was serious, and I worried that one of the kids might decide to have a look. I felt very exposed and that I had decided to mount my campaign from loose ground indeed, standing amidst a construction site, dressed like a 200 Lb toddler, while she still had her daytime clothes on. 

I almost wonder if that wasn't her strategy, because after about 10 minutes down there, I capitulated on one of her major requests (regarding a stone backsplash), and she backed off on one (making everything brass, including possibly the ceiling, when in our last house I stripped out and replaced all the brass fixtures because they were horribly dated, or so I thought... turns out they were horribly ahead of their time, apparently). 

So, yeah, if you want to have an experience in questioning your life choices, I suggest you put on your most absurd diaper, and a short t-shirt,  and then go talk about finances with your partner. 

• Like 2

I'm not sure why, but the following topic has been on my mind lately. Maybe it's because we've had contractors at the house almost every day for more than a month, so that it no longer really feels like our house, but rather, like a public space. I used to be able to sometimes come downstairs in the morning and fetch a coffee, wearing just a diaper, if I knew that the kids were in school. However that would be playing Russian Roulette these days, because there is very often someone I don't know already standing on the main floor of my house, measuring things or driving screws, when I get down there. 

I'm able to dispense with pants once I'm ensconced in my office and the heat has been on for a few minutes. Such is the case right now - I'm wearing a meeting-worthy sweater and a white Megamax at the moment. It being May, the temperatures should soon allow for immediate dispensing with trousers, however we have a winter that is clawing and scratching as it gets dragged off the stage, so, when I arrived in my office this morning, I could still see my breath. This time last year, we were debating when the pool was going to be opened. This year, I'm thinking that conversation will probably kick off sometime in June. 

The topic on my mind is this: I've been 24/7 in diapers for a fraction over 3 years now, but, at least 12-16 hours of most of those days were spent also wearing something over my diaper. There have been vanishingly few occasions where I could have gotten away with wearing *just* a diaper for 24 hours, and even fewer of them where I actually did. I can only think of one incidence, off the top of my head, where the stars aligned, my family was away, I hadn't invited anyone over, and I didn't need to run out for anything. It was a Thursday, in my previous house, late in the summer, wherein I slept in a diaper, went down and had breakfast, went up to my office, changed myself mid-day, worked until 5 or 6, ate diner, watched TV for a bit, took a shower, put another diaper on, watched more TV, and went to bed. My family had taken the dog with them to a rented cottage that I was heading up to on the Friday, or else it never would have worked. By the time I pulled pants on to load the car on Friday morning, I'd been wearing just a diaper (well, diapers) below the waist for probably close to 36 hours. 

For some reason, this has become a bit of a holy grail for me; I guess it's about continuing to move the goalposts. It is eminently impractical, so maybe I should kick it down the field until I'm closer to retirement. However, at this house, I do have the option to send the dog out for his daily constitutional unaccompanied, so, if the kids were away, and my wife was either with them, or, willing to suppress her eye-rolls, I could, in theory, spend a day here and there in just a diaper (and some kind of shirt). I may start a topic on this elsewhere and see if anyone out there is able to live this way. 

In other news, Bambino came to the table with another sale, after I missed taking advantage of the Easter one, out of concerns over being away when my trove of new diapers arrived, so this time, I went for it. The pricing was reasonable, about $3 CAD per diaper, landed. I've always liked Bambino products, other than with respect to what they cost, and I ran through my stock of them over the last few months. They're about the same weight, or a little lighter, than the medium Megamax's that I can use as a daily driver, if I recall correctly, so in theory I should be able to wear them day or night. We shall see. 

Also, I helped a buddy of mine this weekend do some repairs at a large local daycare that offers before and after-school programs as well. They'd had two 100-foot hallways worth of cubbies installed in them at about waist height, and each cubby had a plastic basket in it with a nametag on the front, containing each kid's belongings. The cubbies were badly installed originally, and kids leaning on them to take their shoes off, and such, was causing them to start to detach from the walls, so we took them all down and installed a wooden cleat behind them, and then screwed them directly to it. Now, the kids could sit on the cubbies. 

I bring this up because we had to pull all the baskets out and line them up on the floor while we undertook the repairs, and then we had to put them back into the cubbies again, in the same order, and they were arrayed more or less by age, starting with toddlers, moving up to preschoolers, then kindergarten, then grade-schoolers. All of the cubbies except for the very last ones had a change of clothes in them, in a clear plastic bag, as well as whatever other supplies the kids required, including diapers or pull-ups. It was interesting to note the product evolution up the hallway- it was almost like conducting a survey. Almost all of the first 60 or so baskets contained diapers or Easy-Ups. Pampers, Huggies, and Costco seemed to dominate. Then, pull-ups started trending, at first making appearances, and then, taking over, until a sporadic Pampers or Huggies size 6 or 7 was an outlier among a sea of elasticized training pants. Mid-way down the hall, the pull-ups started petering out, and most of the bins just had bags of clothes in them, but, there were still the odd ones here or there containing pull-ups, usually the medium size GoodNites, except instead of standing up at the front of the basket, they were now lying beneath the clear bags of spare clothing. 

Probably because of my own childhood, I couldn't help but put myself into the headspace of the Katie or Clark down toward the end of the hall, where the cubbies were probably at chest height, or lower, to the 3rd or 4th graders who occupied them. When they arrived after school and had to deposit their outdoor shoes, and dig out their crafts or activities from their baskets, were they careful never to fully extract their bag of spare clothing, lest the protective garments lying in wait be revealed to the other kids around them? I never wore diapers at school, but I remember the many, many times I buried my box of overnight diapers in the back of my closet under a pile of clothing or blankets, when I had a friend coming over, so I imagine kids these days must feel the same way, although the size of the pull-up aisles in most stores tends to suggest that wearing protection might be more ubiquitous than it once was. So, perhaps it now carries less of a stigma? 

My order of Bambino's has arrived; I have to say that I am heavily in violation of my wife's request that I "burn through" some of my diapers before I order more. The inventory on hand hasn't crept up to excessive levels, however, at least in my opinion. I've disposed of two case boxes, redistributing their contents into other boxes to shrink the footprint of my stash a bit. And the sale on these was sufficient incentive to place an order even though I don't normally shop Bambino very often, despite generally liking their products. The ones I got are the Skooldoodles; I didn't realize that they were a hook-and-loop type diaper until I opened them. However, the tabs seem to be very good. They're maybe a tad bulkier than I remember from the last ones I had, which were the Teddy's. However, I'd put them at a sub-Barnyard bulk, so they're wearable under clothing, in my opinion. 

Rearz has just announced that they are going to host some sort of in-person event at the end of May, although they are light on the details of what that will entail - they're suggesting that we stay tuned while they figure it out. This is the first in-person event they've hosted since the pandemic, so I can understand that they're still trying to figure out what they can do, without risking losing a portion of their staff to quarantining requirements, if someone becomes symptomatic afterwards. 

I attended a couple of events there in the before times, relatively early into my 24/7 career, and they were both well executed. The first was a warehouse sale with some guest speakers, and the second was a Halloween party they hosted. For both, they offered sale prices on some products in conjunction with the event, so I will have to make sure I have room on my diaper shelf for something - if I am going to attend, it is only polite to buy something. I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to go - it depends on the time of day and what else I have going on - but, I'm going to at least consider it. I have never been to any "munches" or gatherings of any kind, and I haven't met up with anyone from this universe in real life, other than at the Rearz events. 

I remember my vague terror when I was standing at their door in my very tame Halloween costume about 2.5 years ago, a set of loose medical scrubs over a Barnyard (I figured that I should wear something I bought from the host...). Obviously, everyone was going to "know" that I was wearing a diaper in there, even though it didn't show. I felt that it could be heard from across the parking lot. But once I passed by the doorman, I realized that my getup would raise no eyebrows. Everyone was dressed tastefully - no exposed diapers or anything like that - but lots of people had ornate costumes on, or were dressed as littles, or had diapers on under skirts and such. I almost looked like I worked there in comparison. I was able to relax and mingle a bit after a while, and I actually met someone, a lady who looked to be in her mid 20's, wearing a cute skirt with  a pacifier clipped to her collar. We ended up chatting for a while and then sitting next to each other for a presentation, however I was reluctant to suggest we exchange contact info because I figured that she might be creeped out by a guy 20 years older wanting to "keep in touch", even though my motivation was social, not amorous. I'm married with kids, and a divorce would be deeply expensive. 

So, when it was time for me to leave, I handed her the tickets I got for door prizes that were to be drawn later - I hope she won something - and I said goodbye without offering, or asking for any further information. It was cool to hang out with someone from within the community, however fleetingly, and to talk about various aspects of the lifestyle frankly. I found out she was wearing a Rearz Safari; I didn't ask, the topic of our favourite Rearz products came up and she told me. I reciprocated by telling her I was in a Barnyard, and then we talked about the merits of both. Being social in that context was altogether quite a bit less stressful than I thought it was going to be. 

If anyone out this way is considering going, let me know and maybe we could arrange to connect there. 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

If anyone out this way is considering going, let me know and maybe we could arrange to connect there. 

I'd love to but the commute is a killer.

I'd like to meet others but my beloved's dogged misunderstanding of my intentions would likely prevail (no pun) here.  Totally non-creepy.  I'd be genuinely curious to compare notes with others in our microscopic-and-far-flung community.

I'm curious: what does your other half know about such social outings and what's her take on them?