LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Changing Tides

The text of the article is below but what amazed me the most is that instead of the teenage sophomoric responses you see elsewhere, many of the comments to the article are positive. Thought I'd share the warm fuzzy ;-)

dW

http://www.pauldavidson.net/2006/10/22/adu...the-rest-of-us/

<h2 class="title">Adult Diapers For The Rest Of Us</h2> <h3 class="date">October 22nd, 2006</h3> Have you ever just “let it go?

I'm not quite sure how I take it. Being the uber paranoid type that I am, I'd see it as a trick or something to get others to reveal their intentions. Once you've put it out there, it might be hard to get back. In the end, it may have the same impact as if it were sincere since enough people coming forward would be exactly what they had not expected.

So, now you can see why my stories have such odd turns to some of them. My imagination runs away with a simple topic until it is twisted into something only J.J. Abrams (Alias, Lost, etc) could conjure up.

• 2 weeks later...

Or, he's an AB/DL with an ulterior motive to writing that article.

There you go again! Always looking to the negative. I can appreciate someone playing devil's advocate every once in awhile. When it's called for.

What's the matter with you? What difference does it make, even if he does have an "ulterior motive" for writing the article? I would expect most of the community would embrace the fact that someone else (AB, DL or not) has come out in a public forum supporting the lifestyle.

As I've stated before in my posts: I have met the enemy and he is us.

Cuddles,

--heidilynn :thumbsup:

Eh, nothing is the matter with me. If something was the matter with me I would get really offended right now and say mean things. I just have an opinion that differs from your opinion.

The way that his 'ulterior motive' plays into this is that it doesn't really say much for public opinion if he's an AB/DL. Other people seem to think that my reasoning isn't too far off base either. It says something about an AB/DL's opinion, and of course we aren't going to have a problem with it. :P

I also think that thinking of things in terms of 'enemies' is kinda 'negative' by the way. I don't think anybody is my enemy, or anything for that matter. We're all just people out here with our own set of motives and desires navigating a maze of self. I think you mistake my skepticism and healthy level of caution for something that they aren't. It's not like I always think the worst situation will turn out, but rather I always leave room in my planning for what happens if it does. I've spent my fair share of time on both ends of the optimist/pessimist spectrum, and neither of them are entirely realistic in my opinion. Basically, I'm a cynic, and not in the way the word is used in modern times. If somebody complains about something bad, I'll point out what's good about it, if somebody charges headlong into a situation not thinking about what could go wrong, I'll point out what might.

Hell, be flattered, I most often feel the need to show the darker side of things around here because people seem to present themselves as optimistically blind, and that's better than the opposite side of the coin wouldn't you think? And if I was all gloom and doom I probably wouldn't have had the nerve to post pictures of myself on this site out of fear of judgement, blackmail, or some other conceptual terror of the night. The thing is we've all got a different comfort level with stuff, and just because you're a lot more comfortable than everybody else, doesn't mean everybody is quite so willing to be that way.

There you go again! Always looking to the negative. I can appreciate someone playing devil's advocate every once in awhile. When it's called for.

What's the matter with you? What difference does it make, even if he does have an "ulterior motive" for writing the article? I would expect most of the community would embrace the fact that someone else (AB, DL or not) has come out in a public forum supporting the lifestyle.

As I've stated before in my posts: I have met the enemy and he is us.

Cuddles,

--heidilynn :thumbsup:

I don't think Walla Walla was implying anything negative about the article, just pointing out to nappyloon that the guy sounds more like an AB/DL than just an open-minded person not connected with the community. Either way, the article still promotes the lifestyle in a positive way, but the motive for writing it would change due to a personal interest.

That's the impression I got as well and I don't see anything wrong or negative about pointing that out.

Edited due to Walla Walla posting before me.