LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Should I be worried about my friend?

JWR

Again there has been an action- not just the possibility of an action. But even with no action present, just having kiddie pics is enough to constitute a crime. You don't have to have shared them, got them from someone else, or expressed any criminal intent or thoughts of depravity to anyone- just possesion is enough. There is no legally established point of where the number of pics becomes criminal, no point short of nudity that does this, no benchmark of where sharing the pics becomes illegal. If they wanted to, your pics of adult friends on a beach could land you in jail because they showed kids even though that was not who was being photographed by you. And you'd have a hard time defending yourself against that because you couldn't easily prove that your intent was to have memories of friends, not the kids who just happened to be there in public when you took the pics. That's what I have a problem with, for in almost all other matters it takes more of a clear proof of intent to begin legal action.

I have a friend who is a semi-professional photographer (his part-time job). He does the pic work for some children's dance studios, a totally innocent thing, and he processes them on his PC and printer. He's got grandkids and he would never hurt any child, but he's so nervous about how zealous CP prosecution has become that he is on the verge of dropping the dance studio work because of the risks involved. He can't take his computer to a shop to get repaired, nor can he sell it because of the chance that there might be something left on the HD he didn't find and delete. He can't use those customers for a reference. He is being made to suffer because of how bad the "thought police" have become with CP prosecutions even though he would never abide with anyone doing anything evil with any children or their pics. And it's a shame because he's a darn good photographer who has a talent for making kids smile just right as the shutter snaps, and the parents all love his pics. Good thing he's not ABDL or they would twist things such as to jail him for life. And were it to become known that I, his friend, were DL he'd be forced to disassociate with me, thus harming me too.

We were all taught that the way the US legal system works is to prevent any innocent person from being convicted even if that means some criminals might get off the hook. We were taught that we are presumed innocent until proven guilty. We were taught that there had to be proof beyond a reasonable doubt for a conviction to occur. We were taught that circumstantial evidence alone wasn't enough to get a conviction. We were flat-out lied to, and if we get caught in the webs they like to weave we're screwed. As an old friend who was a Judge (RIP) told me, the jails are full of innocent people whose only wrongdoing was that they couldn't pay for a decent legal defense which would have proven their innocence. You got kiddie pics? You're next.

Bettypooh

• 2 months later...