LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Why is the Little Girls Playhouse so dead - a frank discussion

ELLIE52

The Little Girls Playhouse is just such a dead zone, I've noticed that ever since I have been here.  I would like for Little Girls who no longer post there to share why they no longer post there or what can be done to help the sub-forum.  Lately, a few issues have popped up, and I am wondering if this is the reason for the lack of activity.  Did all the Little Girls leave or are there just really no Little Girls interested in posting?  Maybe the sub-forum can be reinvigorated.

The Little Girls Playhouse what is that?

From the Main Menu you go to Our Lifestyle Discussion, then Adult Kids, then that breaks down into 2 sub-forums, one of which is Little Girls Playhouse!

Is it that dead? It has more posts than the Boys' Treehouse, and the posts are more recent. Seems like the Adult Kids forum isn't as busy as the other forums. But seems like neither forum is all that busy, and in general traffic seems kind of slow cross the board.

Seems like a lot of the same questions asked again and again, story forum doesn't get as many new posts or much variety.

I'd like to see the entire board more active and diverse.

This whole section is dead compared to what it used to be. It started to die about 3 years ago.. It seems that most of the posts are about  diapers per se amd tje fetish as such as the DL's become more and more prominent. Before, it was mostly Littles, which meant age about 4 to maybe 12. Sissies were a rarity (they were not even recognized in DPF and I never even heard of Furry 'til I got here

Blogs were FAR more active

I think more of the discussion has moved over to Chat

You would be surprised at the tiny number of persons who are active here compared to the number of registered "members". I mean miniscule. the amount of dead weigth is horrendous

I am rethinking wheter I should redo the two things I started, the Review and the "Retro Little Girl lessons". for the reviews I would have to find mine and retouch them to put back the missing material and the two that were not mine. I do not know if either would be worth the effort. The idea came from Zander's "Big List" and I thought there would be many similar things that persons would maintain, based on their particular interests. This would consist of a semi-official or at least Recognized set of resources. But that did not happen. I made my liest, dedicated to cloth diapers and rubber panties and their care a participatory thing so that as many as wanted could participate and have a review format that was both easy (fill-in, image and some text) and complete in both areas of practicality and ABDL interests based on what persons wanted to know over the last 35 years beginning at DPF, including tips on care and cleaning, based on what was put here from about 2011 to about 2014 That, too  got only two participants besides me. Much of my Blog is damaged. I've restored the "From Babydolls to BabyDolls entry but it is a bit differemtn than it was, which was a project begun as a result of a question about using scented materials. Nobody seems to care

Yes, this section is quite dead compared to what it used to be and definitely compared to the early GirlTalk. To and the early Transgender Guide. Some 12 years ago. Victoriah Little had an online magazine for LG's called KNUFFLES to which I was a semi-regular cintributor. The LG culture was quite vibrant. and Joanne_Chan can tell you much

As to how diead this place has become. I proposed that a list of resorts that were ABDL friendly and could be used for "camps" be made, much the same way as the LG's have Rainbow Resorts as a US "camp", but on a nationwide or worldwide basis. I was told to "let FetLife do it, they are better for that". I was skhocked that we would let any other site be better than we are at something that is in our specific baileywick . I bet in 2008 or 9 that if this were suggested that people would have jumped at the chance

Also severely down is the amount of images uploaded here. It seeems persons are running off to Tumblr or other places. I keep it home where the highest concentration of interest would be

The number of persons who maintain a full presence here; Activity, Albums, About Me and Blogs (I'll let Clubs go since they are more esoteric) is abysmal. The first thing I look at for a visitor is their profile and About me. And the number of thsoe who use interactive items is negligible. Entirely differeent from 15 years ago. But then, we had Yahoo groups, which practically gave you the resources, But they went crazy and deleted their ABDL groups wholesale. People used to do clever things. and now it is 3 times as easy as it was then

I have commented on the decline in my blog some time ago. But, yes, I would say that things here in certain areas are relatively dead in the non purely DL areas

All of that is very interesting, Little Christine.  I have seen you discuss this before, and  I think the admins said that Tumblr, etc. lent to some of the diminishment.  I had forgotten all that. 

I wasn't really interested in reviving it from the older days nor exceeding the capacity of what the site wants to offer.  Something more to being in the constraints of today.

I'd like to see if any others post, give it a little time, but part of the problems, the part I am addressingthat exist with the current sub-forum is a clash of time era and what LG's see as relevant today versus yesteryears that they did not grow up in.  What today's LG wants to talk about versus what Retro's LG wants to talk about.  Just recently, as you know, one of the few LG's who post, said she was leaving the forum, because every other sentence was declared Off Topic more or less and should not be in the forum.  Well, the problem was that the topic itself was not acceptable to being in the forum because it was not unique to the LG Playhouse after asking about it. Exasperating to read, watch, and yeah, that's probably why I haven't bothered too much with it either.

I am not talking about mind-blowing lofty goals for the LG forum such as Rainbow Girls, etc.  Folks can go to Capcon if they want to meet other LG's.  I'm talking about having a structure where todays LG can talk about whatever she wants without someone telling her if she is talking about stuffies it does not belong in the LIttle Girls Playhouse.  I am thinking maybe a split of the current sub-forum into two sub-forums if you get my gist.  One would be Retro Little Girl, something like that, and the other something like Universal or Today's Little Girl.  As it is now, it's not working, plain and simple because of the complaints saying it is Not a LG thing but really is a complaint dealing with Streams and it should only be unique to that forum.  The younger kids just want to talk about being Little Girls and their likes, not stream requirements.

Maybe it's not worth it, I realize the area is less from what it was, but I think it could be worth it to some, completely less frustrating, more hospitable.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/12/2020 at 12:00 PM, Little Lindsey said:

I'm pretty new, but I've checked it out and posted a few times but it is pretty dead. I can also agree with the above sentiment. It doesn't seem very welcoming for little girls who aren't strictly gender-conforming. 

I second this, I feel like much like there is kind of an expectation.  As in lg's wear pastels, dresses, and frills, not onesies and shorts (while we all know littles all dress how they want to dress.)

• 4 weeks later...

I do not know about "gender-conforming" , especially since most LG's are male, but it would seem to me that little girl discussions would be of things unique to little girls. I put a thread up that specifically mentioned dolls. It got hijacked to plushies.. Dolls are specifically little girl. Plushes, tome, are more babyish or "neutral gender" and would be more at home either in Baby Talk or Adult Kids. I would not bring a discussion about tiaras to the Little Boys' Tree Fort. There Iwould (and have) discussed the advanture shows of the 1950's or toy soldiers. Iwould bring up dino's in Adult Kids, which is more gender-neutral or common-gender (applies to both sexes). Although the fact is, empirically, more little boys are into dinosaurs than little girls

LG material used to be in the Sissy Room. I lobbied for a separate LG forum so that we would not be confused with Sissies and things like SPH, spit or swallow and other such, and because LG's are very differnet  from Sissy; feminine vs effeminate, liking the specifically girl things on their own merits

I did notice one thing at GirlTalk. To, most of the stories featured boys being turned into girls. Mine were about girls who always were girls. Gnerally, I treat forums as the name inplies to the extent allowed by authenticity. It is just "When in Rome,do as the Romans do"