LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Velvet - A Calibeen Story (Complete!)

29.) Her Deadline

"Are you feeling any better?" There were no clocks here, but the lights were out and it was either extremely late or very early when I woke up Velvet. I had her notes in my hand, and a little flashlight LED on my finger. It was unusual for me to be here at all, let alone to be waking Velvet up in the middle of the night. But this was important.

I was half asleep.  She poked me and shined a small light into my eyes.  So of course, I kicked her in the shin.  "Fuck off," I muttered, but the voice I used... I sat up, wide awake. "I can talk?  Hey!  I can--"

"Shh!”

I looked up at Colette in the darkness and then at Annie's bed across the small room.  She was sleeping with her thumb in her mouth. "Right, sorry... what's up?"

"Can you do this?" I held up the notebook, like that would be enough for her to understand what I was talking about. And it should have been - they were the former-boys notes, after all. "You wrote about multi-vector induction in here; using a process of overwhelming the conscious and subconscious with physical stimuli. Is it just a hunch, a notion, an idea? Or can you actually make it work?"

"I dunno.  I don't have a test subject.  Or a program.  Or the time to write it." But I had my voice back!  That was a step in the right direction. Optimism filled me up. "I have to figure out the visual stuff still, but with my voice, I don't see  why I couldn't make it work." Not a hard yes, but it sure was a great experiment.  Hypnosis without a hypnotist... just plug someone in and run a program.  That was some Clockwork Orange shit right there.  And I was the progenitor.

"You need your voice to be more feminine, if this is going to work on a wide range of subjects." I'd been thinking about it. "For in person sessions, you can tailor and customize your tones. For completely automatic subliminal, your voice needs to be neutral, and to our brains, neutral means feminine." It was basic biology. "If I can get you a subject, and the equipment, could you make this work?" And more pressingly. "In the next four days?" So obviously something had me stressed out here.

"Don't worry about my voice." My empathetic voice induction was perfect.  I didn't mean "100%".  I meant "no room for improvement".  Perfect tones, perfect pitch, perfect timbre, perfect resonance.  It slid into the mind like a snake and blended in like a lizard.  I was small.  Quiet.  My voice blended masculinity and femininity, and the subject drew out what they needed to make it their own.  I hadn't had the opportunity to hypnotize Colette, but I had no doubt I could, given the proper conditions. "Why only four days?  Is there a deadline?"

I looked over my shoulder at the sleeping girl, and then leaned in closer to Velvet, like this was an extra special secret that nobody else could know. "The Round Table is going to assess Annie in four days. Marlow considers her to be his magnum opus, and on paper they agree. They don't care if you can function in the real world or not, just that they can prove that you're not going to be an issue anymore. And Annie is proof of that, as far as Marlow sees it, and I'm afraid they're going to agree with him."

And if the committee agreed with Marlow, then this whole assembly line of little girls turns into one of empty dolls.  I remembered that needle in my neck.  How helpless I felt when my voice wasn't my own.  I rubbed my throat and shook my head.  It was in my best interest to help Colette... "Yeah, sure.  But I need time to work.  I can't be drinking those bottles."

"I can't always avoid you getting them, if the Round Table got word - through Marlow, especially - that I was working alongside a patient, well... well, you can imagine, right?" But. "But I can take you into my office for sessions in the morning, and give you a stimulant to help in the afternoons. It’ll flush the milk quicker, but the effects are going to be more severe…”

"We still have those sessions, right?  Hypnosis and training or whatever.  So just tell them you're feeding me in your office and we dump out the milk." Easiest solution. "Even if they catch on, it won't be for another four days, right?"

"Mm..." I wasn't sure about that, I couldn't be sure that we wouldn't be caught, and being caught would mean... "I don't mind taking the risk, Velvet, but if we're caught, if Marlow gets suspicious, if one of the girls says something completely innocent and we're caught... I'll be out of the job, and you'll go to Marlow, and Marlow's plans for his solution will get the green light without anybody to protest him."

"I know it's risky, but we really don't have any other choice." She gave me a pensive look and sighed.  She wouldn't be in here in the middle of the night, negotiating, if it wasn't her last resort.  I'd faked the effects of the milk before - I could do it again.  And as long as we stayed on top of Marlow... four days.  I could fix Annie in four days. "I'll see you in the morning, okay?"

"Alright, but if I have any suspicion that they're onto us, you're going to have to take the milk.  Deal?” This was bigger than Velvet Duke and it was bigger than me, too. Dozens were on the line here, maybe more, and we couldn't let Marlow get his way.

"Yeah, deal." I rolled over and pulled the blanket back over me, but I didn't fall asleep for quite some time.  I had to think.  I had to figure out how to fix Annie, and honestly, even if we could bypass her defenses, I wasn't entirely sure how.  I needed time.  I needed thinking time.  Time without that milk.  But what happened when I fixed her?  What happened to me, when Colette didn't need me anymore?

------------------------

Thank you for reading!  As always, please Like & Comment as you read, and consider checking us out on Patreon.

• Like 3

Another lovely chapter! I agree with Velvet's plan: with such a short amount of time to work with, every second will count. He can't be spending half the day stoned-out on milk. Otherwise they might as well call the whole thing off.

8 minutes ago, Wannatripbaby said:

Another lovely chapter! I agree with Velvet's plan: with such a short amount of time to work with, every second will count. He can't be spending half the day stoned-out on milk. Otherwise they might as well call the whole thing off.

Agreed. I also love the whole internal dialogue that Velvet has about worrying about what they are going to do to her when she finishes her useful work. Almost makes Velvet want to work slowly, but she’s actually on a time crunch. Unless, the time crunch is BS and this is just a ploy to get Velvet to work quickly to fix Annie and develop a new hypnosis strategy, so they can spend more time making her into a compliant little girl ?

1 hour ago, littleTomás said:

I also love the whole internal dialogue that Velvet has about worrying about what they are going to do to her when she finishes her useful work. Almost makes Velvet want to work slowly, but she’s actually on a time crunch. Unless, the time crunch is BS and this is just a ploy to get Velvet to work quickly to fix Annie and develop a new hypnosis strategy, so they can spend more time making her into a compliant little girl ?

Great thinking! :D  You'll have to wait and see!

Well, if I were in Miss Duke’s shoes, I would fix Annie and then add in her mind something that could come useful for me later on.

Dr. Marlow will not be happy to know that his voice modification experiment had no permanent effects but, if Velvet is smart enough, maybe he can be kept in the illusion of being successful for a little longer.

30.) Her First Steps

The days were blurring together.  I think I'd counted a week, or just shy.  Fifty one weeks to go, I said to myself, in an attempt to build motivation.  But it did the opposite.  In less than a week, I'd grown accustomed to the frilly baby dresses.  I drank all my meals from baby bottles.  I wore diapers all the time and I'd completely stopped trying to use the bathroom.  What the fuck would another fifty-one weeks do to me?  The meal chime rang and I watched Colette make her way to the table. "Velvet, you're going to have your bottle in my office for your morning training.  You obviously need some extra time." She said it with condescension, but I knew it was an act.

"You know what's going to happen if I let you have it, right?" I'd prepared everything Velvet had asked for; a laptop with a range of applications, a workplace to sit at (albeit on the floor), a range of texts and tomes, and the least childish pacifier I could find (my idea, for appearance), but her final request was one I couldn't give her. "If you have coffee, your digestive system is going to have you soaking that diaper before you know it."

"So what - it's gonna happen anyway." I opened the laptop and stretched my fingers over the keyboard.  I had to do a little bit of research before I started on any practical application.  Automated hypnosis... a week ago, it seemed like a fever dream.  Now it felt like a meal ticket. "I don't need that thing," I told Colette as she tried to hand me the pacifier.

I sighed and shook my head. If we were dropped in on unexpected visitor, and she didn't have so much as a binky, well... "I really wish you'd use it. You're going to need to make an appearance out there at some point today, but try and get as much done as possible. I'm going to be writing my reports while you do, and trying to buy us some time, and we'll do your hypno this afternoon." Maybe I could help her with the binky reluctance.

I rolled my eyes and went back to work.  Hours ticked by, but to me, it felt like minutes.  Research was always a skill of mine.  Just before the lunch chime rang, I had come up with an idea.  Auditory overstimulation was pretty easy with static and background noises.  But for visual, I had to take a page out of the 1940s.  With a fast enough frame rate, the eyes wouldn't notice an image but the brain would unconsciously process it.  Good thing I took that marketing class as an elective.

"Velvet.  Lunch time."

"In a minute."

"Velvet.” Sterner this time. "Dr. Marlow is going to be out there any minute and if you're not out there and interacting with the others, it's going to raise red flags. Save out your progress. I'll give you a notebook tonight if you insist, but lunch is now." I hated hanging my hopes on a patient. Especially one with so much talent.

"I'm not drinking that bottle," I told her, not bothering to look up from the computer. "Aren't we on a deadline?  I don't have time for your politics." The problem was, subliminal messages were weak at best.  But I didn't have to subliminally convince them - I just had to tax their thoughts so I could slip them into a trance.  And if their brain was so busy trying to process all that subliminal information, it would have lowered its defenses.  So then about the headset...

"Velvet.” I rubbed the bridge of my nose. "Why are you being difficult? You want to save these girls, right? Do something good, no more broken dolls like Annie? I need you to work with me here, and not push the limits of the freedoms I can afford you. I know what you want, and I know you think I can give you anything, but you're adult enough to know better than that. Aren't you?"

I paused in the middle of typing and exhaled, looking up at Colette with understanding.  When you grow up, you aren't free.  Someone is always above you, making the rules. "I can't work if I drink that milk," I told her out of honesty, rather than power play.  We sure had come far, the two of us.  Nonetheless, she ushered me out of the room.

"I'll see what I can do." And what I can do in this case meant her getting a half size bottle, which would affect her only long enough for me to hypnotize her after lunch. Unfortunately, the smaller bottle meal came with some solid food too, which would have consequences later for the poor girl, but we both knew she wouldn't the chance.

"Belbet!" Annie squealed happily upon seeing her.

"Hey." "You sou' different." "Oh, yeah, I guess my voice is back to normal." I looked up at the closed door to Marlow's office.  What was his game?  Why did he do that to me in the first place?  Just to mess with my head?  He sure succeeded.  Colette went over to one of the attendants and she came back a minute later with a plate of chicken nuggets and a bottle half-filled with milk.  No one thought twice about it until it was set down in front of me.  Oh, real food!

"You're on good behavior, Velvet," I said, for the benefit of the curious squad of would be girls more than anything else. "If you're naughty at all though, I'll hear about it, and you'll be back to milk and milk alone. Now be a good girl and finish your lunch. Play with your friends, and we'll have hypnosis after break. There's a good girl."

Despite Colette's reassurances, it was clear that the other girls were curious.  I wondered if any girl before me had gotten food in her first week.  Probably not.  I ate the nuggets faster than I was proud of, but they were so damn good.  I wasn't excited for the bottle, but half a dose was generous.  Maybe it would wear off fast enough for me to get back to work.

There were going to be some complications from eating, that was for sure, but the milk had a way of glossing over adult concepts like cramps and discomfort. And Annie had a way of playing and giggling and drawing on Velvet when her best friend was all hazed out by the milk. It was a pleasant little family dynamic.

The half dose of milk was still a bitch.  My thoughts ebbed away like ocean waves down a beach, but with a strong tug, I could pull them toward me again.  I felt the warmth between my legs when I wet my diaper - I never really noticed stuff like that on a full bottle.  And when Colette came to get me for my hypno session, I was struggling to find my balance.  If I could fight off Marlow on a full bottle, I could totally fight off Colette on half.  But Colette was no hack.

"There we are, doesn't that feel so much better?" Velvet was only under the influence of a half dose of the milk, but that wasn't too much of a factor for me. I took her hand in one of mine, used my other to rub her tummy. "Does my little one feel all full on her tumtum? You keep being good like this, and you'll get to feel so much better." I did that in public, in front of the girls, I wanted everybody to know that Velvet wasn't special, wasn't any different from them, and Annie giggled. "Belbet! Belbet! Make sures to use manners kay?" Prompted to thank me, and by Annie, of all people? How perfect.

I looked at Annie and then at Colette with a pout of frustration.  Did she say something wrong?  Or did Annie?  I felt indignation, but it was quickly erased by Colette's hand on my cheek. "Say thank you," she said, and I did, because I couldn't figure out why I wouldn't.  She took me by the hand into her office and sat me down on the sofa.  I kicked my feet with a smile on my face, until I saw the computer.  Work.  Right... I tried to clear my head, but Colette took my glasses off. "Hey!  Give those back!"

"Glasses are good for your eyes, but taking a break every now and then keeps from straining.” I smiled at her, but not a bright smile; this subdued, knowing little smile, wheels in my head going around and around and putting pieces into place. "A little girl like you might not know that, so it's a good thing you have me, isn't it? Little girls like you, itty bitty tiny dolls, you need someone to knows what's best." My voice had shifted tone, but I was going out of my way to keep her from knowing what I was doing, because if she didn't know she was being hypnotized, she couldn't fight me.

I huffed and squinted to see, looking around the blurry room.  I hated not having my glasses.  Everything felt unfocused... "I wan' 'em back though..." I tried to reach for Colette, but she helped me sit back on the sofa.  I kicked my feet and tried to remember what I was thinking about.  I turned toward the computer, but it was just a blurry shape.  Damnit...

"Just a few minutes, Velvet, that's a good girl. Just a few minutes with me. Let's test your eyes, okay? Look at my eyes, look at them for me, right up here. Can you see what color they are? Go oh, why don't you look at them and describe them to me." I used my hand to nudge her chin upward to look at me, even as she winced and blinked. "Your eyes are so pretty, Velvet, so pretty and fitting for such a tiny girl. You're the cutest girl here, you know, and it's all because you're oh so small. It's like you belong here. What color are my eyes, Velvet? Describe them to me, we're still testing your vision."

"I... um..." Colette's face was a blur and I tried to focus on her eyes, but my head was hurting a little.  Cute?  Tiny.  Small... I liked those words.  But they made me cold and frustrated.  Why?  I shook my head, but Colette grabbed my chin and held me still. "W-wasn't I... coming in here for something?"

"Yes, Velvet, you were coming in here to look at my eyes, now be a good girl and listen when I talk, okay? You're such a good girl, you're good at everything you do so you need to be good at this too. Good at listening, good at following my words, good at letting them soak into you the way you soak into your diapers. It took a while to get used to diapers, but you wouldn't want to be without them now, and my words soak you just the same. What color are my eyes, Velvet? You're so little, but if you focus you can see. You can see the little flecks of color, the little details, the tiny little things; the more you see the smaller you are. You want to be small, Velvet, so little, so tiny, vulnerable, protected, safe.... a good girl."

I closed my eyes and tried to focus.  I tried to pull my thoughts back in, like the waves on the beach, but what I pulled in instead were her words.  Tiny, little things... smaller I am... she snapped her fingers and I opened my eyes.  I felt fuzzy inside...

------------------------

Thank you for reading!  Like & Comment, and consider checking us out on Patreon. ^_^ 

• Like 4

How can Colette and Velvet be sure that Annie doesn’t get moved to a different cell? Therapeutically, Annie belongs to Dr. Marlow and if he gets suspicious he could decide to move her elsewhere.

I love it when Velvet is outsmarted. Colette seems to be making progress both on getting a fix for Annie and keeping Velvet somewhat on schedule with her training!

Uh-oh. Looks like Velvet's not quite as strong as he was earlier in the week. And even then Colette beat him if I remember correctly (I didn't go back and re-read.) Let's see how Colette chooses to play with her new toy...

6 hours ago, diaperpt said:

I love it when Velvet is outsmarted. Colette seems to be making progress both on getting a fix for Annie and keeping Velvet somewhat on schedule with her training!

Agreed! I can't wait to see how things continue to develop.

10 hours ago, Bonsai said:

How can Colette and Velvet be sure that Annie doesn’t get moved to a different cell? Therapeutically, Annie belongs to Dr. Marlow and if he gets suspicious he could decide to move her elsewhere.

There's only one room.  It's an experimental process at this point, and there's nowhere else to move Annie. ^_^ 

Thanks for reading everyone!  And especially thanks for the likes and comments.  I love seeing what you guys are thinking. :wub:

31.) Her Pacifier

She'd been under for forty-five minutes by the time I brought her to with my fingers snapping, and the milk would have been wearing off by now anyway so I couldn't have done more. "Hold this for me, Velvet." I handed the girl the same pacifier that she'd been so reluctant to accept earlier in the day; the one now glistening with her own saliva because she'd spent the last half an hour with it between her lips and had no memory of that at all. Oral fixation was a lovely term, but I'd like to think what I have her was more of an oral compulsion, based on the words I'd chosen. A need, almost. And it wasn't malicious, it was just that if she was pacified more often, there was less chance we'd get caught. It was practical. "How're you feeling?"

"...fine," I muttered.  I looked down at the pacifier in my hands and then up at Colette.  My glasses were on my face.  I felt dizzy and warm... but the effects of the milk were gone.  Or at least dulled significantly.  And that meant time passed.  I frowned. "What did you do?"

"Just something to help you focus, we have work to do, Velvet." I wasn't lying, she would focus a lot better with something between her lips; it was going to help as well as be an aide to our deception. "I'll need to finish putting together a report; how about you get back to work?" The way the paci glistened, shimmered, it would be impossible for Velvet to not think about it, not focus on it, not want to try it. And I'd make sure I was 'distracted' so she could sneak an attempt while thinking I didn't notice.

I sat down in front of the computer and went to work.  Where was I?  Oh, the headset.  I could start writing a program for that.  I opened up another application and went through a library of photos I had to work with.  But which ones was I supposed to use?  Arbitrary ones?  Or specific ones?  I just needed the headset to enforce the trance, right?  Or should I tailor it to each recording?  A lot more work... too much?  Or the right amount?  I was struggling a little.  Must be the milk, I thought, and tried to push through.

Admirably, she was trying. I kept watching her focus and defocus, struggling over and over to keep her train of thought on one thing. Eventually, after 10 minutes of watching, I couldn't take it anymore. I stood up, I came over to her, I put the binky between her lips and held it there until the feeling triggered, and went back to my desk. Serenity, calm, focus, happiness. She was due for a whole range of loveliness.

I glared at Colette as she went back to her seat and reached up to take the pacifier out of my mouth.  But for the first time since the milk, I felt... well, sort of in control.  I looked down at the laptop and the gears in my head started to turn.  If I organize pictures into thematic groupings rather than content, I could definitely use the subliminal messages of the photos.  At the very least, it could be a security net.  With the pacifier still in my mouth, I went back to work.

We had a lot to accomplish, and not that much time - and an hour later when reasonably I knew I'd have to put Velvet out with the girls and take care of another patients’ hypnosis, I was amazed at how much she'd gotten done. "Wow look at you, Little Miss Powerhouse. You got so much done!" Praise was important. Important too was the recurrent nature of the fixation I'd given her; most hypnosis needed reinforcement to make it stick; for this, I'd made it self reinforcing through oral stimulation; the more she sucked, the more ingrained it became into her.

"Yeah, I figured if--" I hesitated at my speech and noticed for the first time that hour that I was sucking on the pacifier.  Surprise.  Confusion.  And finally, frustration.  Fuck.  I took the pacifier out of my mouth and got to my feet. "Seriously?  That's what you did?"

"You're a force of nature, Velvet, but you jump from point to point to point to point; you needed something to help you focus on a single task and not get lost in the detail, and this doubles as a way of showing I'm still working on you." Despite her being a killer, I respected her far too much to lie to her. And I also knew she'd accept it more readily if I was honest. "I get results, right?"

...well, whatever.  I handed her the pacifier and crossed my arms. "Either way, I'm not letting you mess with my head.  Now that I know what it is, I'll get rid of it myself." I had my own securities, after all.  I walked past her and out of her office.

I took her by the arm, and that wasn't all - I grabbed her, and I picked her up, and I held her against my hip, putting the pacifier back between her lips. She was small. I wasn't much bigger, but bigger enough. "Velvet, this isn't optional. And I'm not going to have you freebasing here and choosing what you will and won't do. I respected you enough to tell you the truth, so respect me enough to let me do my job. Or maybe I'm giving you too much freedom, huh, little one?"

I kicked her hard and she dropped me onto my padded ass, cold and wet.  I bit the pacifier and started to suck on it to relieve the pain, wincing as I looked up at Colette. "I'm not--" I reached up and tore the pacifier out of my mouth, throwing it across the room in anger. "I'm not helping you figuratively lobotimize me!  If you're so good at your job, then do it better."

"Lobotomize you?" I was really upset with that, I took it so damn personally. "You mean like Marlow wants to? Because that's not me, and you know that's not me. You know that when you get out of here you have the skills and techniques to undo anything I do, and you also know I have KPI's to meet and I have to show results. And you know that I would never do anything to impact your faculties, your brilliance, or your ability to think. So get your padded ass up, go pick up your damn binky and bring it here, and apologize for being such a brat, am I clear, Little Lady?"

I looked up at Colette with a bit of... shame, maybe?  Because I knew this could be worse.  I could have Marlow instead.  So I took a deep breath and got up to fetch the pacifier.  With a moment of silence between us, I gave Colette the binky and crossed my arms over my stupid dress.

"I'm sorry.  I know you're just doing your job.  And I really... appreciate it.  Like.  Not dumbing me down with stupid TV shows in fake languages.  Cutting my milk doses in half.  Shit like that..." I sighed.  Ugh... "But I'm also standing here in a piss soaked diaper and you keep messing with my head, so... you can understand why I'm frustrated, I hope."

"Of course, and I think we both get a lot more done when we work together." I fetched a lemony scented wipe to clean off the pacifier, then put it between my lips like a Mom, before holding it out. "Take your binky, put it in, and then lay down on my sofa - I'll get you changed." Give and take, right?

I had to meditate.  I had to remember how to focus without a pacifier between my lips.  I probably had a few books about focusing - study habits or something - on the top shelves of my mental library.  But for now, I sucked on the pacifier and let the woman change my diaper.  Best to keep Colette as a friend.  For now.

------------------------

Thank you for reading!  Like & Comment, and consider checking us out on Patreon. ^_^ 

• Like 3

God, these two are a trip! :D 

And I don't mind shorter chapters. If you can say all you need to say in 1,000 words why should you stretch it to 3,000?

Grammar Patrol

1 hour ago, Sophie ♥ said:

"I'm need to finish putting together a report, how about you get back to work?"

1 hour ago, Sophie ♥ said:

Of course, and you I think we both get a lot more done when we work together."

32.) Her New Offer

Later that afternoon, Marlow came into my office. I knew that the girls noticed, but with the door closed, there was little they could infer. Velvet saw, too, from her place on the playmat with her new binkie, and if she didn't, Annie made a note of it. "Uhh-ohh... Loletts in troubie..."

That ugly man in his ugly shoes closed the door behind him.  I sat quietly and watched for a while, waiting for the sound of a scream or glass breaking.  But nothing happened.  I looked down at the blocks I was playing with and thought about the automated hypnosis.  All the girls here were scared of Marlow.  He was a shitty doctor.  If we could really get Marlow booted out of this place, everyone would be better off.

"I dun think tha' Lolette is gonna stay berry much more cuz Marlow said tha'  he dinny wan' her to be here no more cuz he said tha' he's better than she is an I dun think so but he always makes my head fuzzee..." Annie mostly babbled onward as she was playing with her blocks.

Hm... I watched the door a while longer, then went back to the blocks, thinking.  Marlow wanted Colette out.  Colette wanted Marlow gone.  So it really was a race then.  And if I didn't help Colette, she was going to lose. "Hey Annie," I said around my pacifier. "What's your favorite thing?  Something you know is safe, no matter what?"

"Umm..." Annie put a finger to her thing with a block still in her grasp. “Iono... I like my purple crayon a lot a lot 'cuz you can make the sky purple if you lose your blue one you know so the purple one is the bestest one and my favoritest one an' I'll show you okay okay?" She didn't even put the block down. And she didn't stand, either, she crawled over to her box of crayons, singing and serenading for her searched-for crayon.

Yeah, this was going to be harder than I thought.  An hour or so later, Marlow came out of the office and Colette stood in the door, arms crossed and looking unhappy.  What had he said to her?  But before I had the opportunity to answer, the dinner bell chimed.  All the girls got up from what they were doing and made their way over to the large plastic table.

"Velvet, can I see you in my office please?" Not Colette. Dr. Marlow.  Even though it was dinner time, even though the bell had chimed, even though he wasn't even her doctor, he called for her. And by the time Velvet looked for the security of her own doctor, Colette's door had been closed. Something had happened, obviously. Something bad.

I hated to admit that I was afraid of Marlow, but... well, I was afraid of Marlow.  I mean, he hadn't done anything to me that wasn't beyond a point of reproach, but I knew how much Colette hated him and Annie feared him.  That was enough to make me afraid as well.  I sucked harder on my pacifier and stumbled to my feet before walking over to his office door.  He closed it behind me.

The man with his ugly shoes sat down at his desk, he turned on his chair, and he lit up a cigarette, the sort of smile on his face you only get when you're sure that you've won. And he put those ugly shoes up on the table with a suitably ugly thunk. "Velvet, I think you know why you're here. I think it's time we talk about it your collusion with Doctor Colette, and the consequences of your actions."

"I dunno what you're talking about," I lied through the pacifier.  Honestly, I didn't know what he knew.  I wasn't going to slip up.  Why was I here?  What was his plan?  Why didn't he wait until I'd had my dinner bottle, when I was susceptible and weak?  Was this a challenge?

He took a long breath in and exhaled the stinky smoke high into the room with a smug little smile. "You're going to sit here and lie to me, Velvet? The game is up, my sweet, and I'm giving you the very generous option to confess your role in things, and perhaps be spared the most serious consequences." Everything about him, everything about his smile, his tone, his demeanor, his choice of words... it showed just how sure he was of this.

"...I really dunno what you mean." Where he was convincing, I was a mastermind.  A tiny boy in a dress and a diaper, sucking a pacifier, with wide doe eyes.  If it wasn't for actual footage of me killing one of those people, I could have gotten off for murder too. "I sometimes don't remember stuff when I'm in Dr. Colette's office," I admitted.  But that was standard hypno stuff.

"Oh, I'll wager that is absolutely the case. She's a conniving schemer, that woman, she's seeking to undermine the stability of this whole operation. She'd see this be no more than a common prison, instead of the brilliant facility that turns out success cases like young Annie. Now, Velvet, you're not stupid, you know that we can do some good here, don't you?"

I nodded slowly.  Was he... inviting me to join him?  In reality, the decision was easy.  My vision lined up better with Colette than Marlow.  Annie was not a success case - she was a disaster.  But I wasn't one to give up an opportunity either. "I think taking away our adulthood and manhood is very effective, yeah.  I mean, I hate it, but you do produce amazing results." And the winning line: "The ends justify the means."

"I knew you were a clever one, Velvet." Now he leaned forward, tapped the ash from his cigarette, and set it down in his ash tray. "There's so much we can do here, Velvet, so many violent offenders who'll never reoffend, sexual predators, child molesters, can you imagine Annie ever hurting a fly? She's a harmless little doll of a girl now, and a pleasure to be around. We can't take a soft touch on these people, we can't. And I know you've been working with Colette to circumvent my success here."

"Colette doesn't really let me do anything... she just takes me into her room to hypnotize me a lot.  But it never works.  I'm way better than her." I rolled my eyes, talking around the pacifier as if it was the most normal thing in the world. "She's totally useless.  I don't think you have to worry."

"There could be something in it for you, Velvet." He reached into the pocket of his coat and put something down on the table - a tablet, with a form filled out on it, Velvet's name in the patient field and a very interesting header: Patient Release Statement. "If you do decide that Colette isn't such an idiot, and you have been helping her, and you'd like to put down her little... crusade, to undermine us here, well..." He clicked the screen on the tablet off and slipped it into his coat. "That will be all."

Release?  I stared wide eyed at Dr. Marlow, but he got up and went to the door, ushering me out.  I sat at the table a moment before picking up my bottle, thinking.  I had no allegiance to Colette.  I didn't really care about Annie that much.  So what if this program made everyone into little dolls?  It wasn't me.  I sighed and put the bottle between my lips.  I'd have to think about it.

------------------------

Thank you for reading!  Like & Comment, and consider checking us out on Patreon. ^_^ 

• Like 5

hmmm... Velvet's only true loyalty is to herself, of course, but it's far from clear how she'll play this. Mostly because we don't know how Colette will react with Velvet. I'd love to know what was said in Colette's office, but I think we'll find out fairly soon. 

'Oh Sophie, you're keeping us in suspenders!

41 minutes ago, Sophie ♥ said:

Gotta hold up that saggy diaper somehow!

I just wear my cute onesies to keep up my saggy diaper!

I love the way that this story is shaping up. It's a battle of the minds and in some ways it's like Conical of a Death Foretold where we have some idea of the end, but are left to slowly discover the rest. Velvet wants to get out while Colette and Marlow both want to take criminals and make them not re-offend. However, Marlow wants to turn them into mindless little dolls while Colette seams to want to keep their intellect, but change how they behavior.

Even if Colette prevails and gets Marlow out of the project, that will not happen immediately; he will still have plenty of space to retaliate during Colette’s next day off. 

And I guess Marlow has some dirt on Colette he can use.

Very interesting! I certainly never expected this turn of events! Oh the intrigue!

Also, *gets Sophie lots of icecream to help her feel better*

... wait, or was icecream the last thing you'd want to be eating after getting a tooth pulled because of the cold? I can never remember which way it goes...

Grammar Patrol

9 hours ago, Sophie ♥ said:

All the girls here was scared of Marlow.

*were

5 hours ago, Wannatripbaby said:

Grammar Patrol

Fixed.

5 hours ago, Wannatripbaby said:

... wait, or was icecream the last thing you'd want to be eating after getting a tooth pulled because of the cold? I can never remember which way it goes...

Nope, no ice cream.  No cold or hot food.

Also I am in an absurd amount of pain because my dentist thought ibuprofen 600 was an appropriate response to oral surgery... 

33.) Her Long Night

"Are yew otay?" Annie had her blankie in hand even at the dinner table, so when her professed best friend came out of the office of Dr. Marlow, she was quick to offer to share it.  An offering of comfort.

"Uh huh," I said with a smile, holding the bottle between my lips in one hand and the pacifier in my other. "He juss wanted to have a talk.  That's all." She didn't seem placated by what I'd said, but it hardly mattered.  Ten minutes later, we were giggling and coloring.  And later that night, when the haze of the milk finally wore off, I was wet and uncomfortable lying in my own bed.  And worse, my stomach was aching...

"Bad dweams too?" Annie asked, quietly, in the dead darkness of their shared room, her words a little melodic by the distance from one bed to the other, but the dorms here always seemed lonely no matter how much spotty nightlight illumination there was. "Dr. Marlow made mine go away but then they cames back an but I dun tell him cause he's scary…”

"I'm alright," I muttered, rolling over onto my back and wincing as the diaper shifted unnaturally.  Ugh, those stupid chicken nuggets had finally caught up to me, and I really needed a damn bathroom... "I'm going to meditate, so just be quiet for a little bit, okay Annie?" She nodded from the other bed and I closed my eyes.  My library.  I had to get rid of this pacifier thing.  Focus... focus... but aside from not finding a book on focusing, I was struggling to focus!  My library slipped away from me. "Damnit..." I mumbled and looked around the room.  There was only one way I was going to be able to do this... "Annie... do you... have a, um… pacifier by chance?"

"Uhhuh but izza seekrit Otay? Not aposed to sleep wif it cuz it's bad for teef but I hided it really good!" There was the sound of her dropping down from her bed and pattering over across the room, the light hitting her in places, until she ferreted around in the dark... and whined. “Uhhoh skettiohs... is gone..."

"...seriously?" She nodded in the darkness and I sighed.  Of course it was... "Okay, thanks anyway Annie." I closed my eyes again and got back to my library.  But every time I tried to find a specific book, I'd get lost.  Then my stomach would hurt.  If it was one or the other, I could probably handle it.  But both the focusing issues and the need for the bathroom were too distracting.  Finally, I gave up.

"I cuddle." Annie announced this only after she crawled herself into Velvet's bed without asking and settled down under the blankets with a happy little smile of satisfaction. "It'll help!" She rolled over, put all her weight on Velvet, and cuddled up against her side. She was a good friend!

I wasn't really the cuddling type, even with Roger.  But it was nice to have some affection from someone I knew had no ulterior motives.  I played with her hair and tried to go back to sleep.  That worked for a while, long enough to get some rest.  Then I woke up to a cramp in my stomach.  An inevitability, I thought with exhaustion.  Fuck...

If Annie noticed the uncomfortable wriggling or the embarrassing cramps, she didn't stir enough to show it. It looked like she was going to sleep here all night. Which for Velvet might have been the only thing that could have made this worse.

"Annie?  You awake?" "Mm..." She was not awake. "Do we have like... diapers in here?  Or wipes?" "Mm..." That was a very negative sounding groan.  I looked up at the ceiling and sighed.  Damnit... "I have to get up, Annie.  Can you move?" She could not.  So I climbed over her and almost fell off the bed before getting to my feet.  This was so stupid...

“Doors locked," Annie mumbled. That she could manage to say it seemed, as she rolled over and cuddled the pillow. "Smells like Belbet...mm.. Belbet so preddy..." She sighed happily and dozed back off. How deeply asleep she was, though, that was anyones guess.

I tried the door anyway.  It was indeed locked.  So I paced side to side.  I'd done it before.  But that was different circumstances.  And it didn't matter - it was just another tactic to humiliate me.  I wasn't really humiliated.  I just really didn't want to be in a shitty diaper for the rest of the night.  I could always take the diaper off.  And they would know they'd won.  So... there was no choice.  I squatted down so the diaper was tight against my ass.  But with one good push, I began filling the seat of padding.

"Belbet you don't smell so good no more." Annie hadn't said anything when she'd sat up at first. Honestly she'd heard messing and thought it was herself, but had watched in awe as Velvet had humiliated herself over by the door. And Annie had waited until she was finished to say something, something she said while pinching her nose.

I felt my frustration well up in my cheeks, hot and red. "Shut up, okay?  It's not like I had a choice." I took a deep breath and went to Annie's bed instead, crawling in under the covers and laying on my stomach to avoid squishing the seat of my diaper.  Ugh, this sucked...

Once she laid down, it took only a minute for Annie to crawl in with her, still holding her nose but cuddling with the other arm in what had to be her own attempted version of being supportive. "Belbet feel better now? Got all of the ickies outta her tumtum?"

Annie didn't mean any of it maliciously.  She probably didn't know what maliciously meant.  And the room was starting to smell pretty bad, too... "Go to sleep Annie," I muttered and closed my eyes.  With the whole exhaustive experience behind me, I managed to slip off to sleep.

------------------------

• Like 4

The perfect example of "be careful what you wish for. XD

Also! I just realized the next session of my D&D campaign actually has similarities to this stories premise! A town where, instead of just locking up criminals, they use drugs and hypnosis to essentially lobotomize them. It's gonna be real fun if one of my PCs gets caught doing something they shouldn't. XD