LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

PUL Leaks.... help

I ordered 4 AIO Pocket Diapers from Happy Endings Diaper Company. They come with soakers and I have used 2 and 3 at a time for night time use. After a couple washes the diapers start to leak and wick around the outside layer of the PUL on the sides by the crotch whether I am laying down, sitting or standing. Not wanting to throw my investment away I ordered Gary Active Wear PUL diaper cover to go over the AIO and that worked for about 8 washes and now it is leaking in the same spots. What's my deal?

Everything fits fine. I wash as instructed and use Kirkland free and clear detergent.

Two words "rubber panties". AIO's have a bad reputation going back to the late 1980's at DPF and they've been trying to replace rubber since 1939. Any waterproof material that is woven is a composite which means has two or more components that can come "unglued". Also, the diaper and rubber panty combination ear each held up separately. The rubber panties, made right and you choose the right size as measured by the crotch width and side wastband to legband length at the shortest part, cover the diaper with a little to spare. The problem with one piece, snap-on items is that there is a gap where the sanps are that can leak sooner or later. This is the same problem with disposables. A pin on diaper has no "break" and is continuous. They are fine for light to moderate wetting during the day, but they are not a substitue for good night diapers

AIO's and panties other than those made of solid waterproof material are primarily agenda-driven to avoid the "baby", "baby panties" and "baby girl [they used to be put on little girls for long trips of over 2 hours, this being before the expressway system and a 50 mile trip could easily take 2-1/2 hours or were used if two very little, 4 to 7 year old, girls would be  over at a place all afternoon to keep the bathroom free and not require so much toilet flushing]" implications of "diapers and rubber panties [and mostly the rubber panteis since they were most apparent]" that were the terror of every 5+ year old or incon back in 1951-65

I wear at night.  Tried some PUL pants over a cloth diaper.  Diaper covers that 'breathe' aren't a '+', in my opinion, not if they're to be used to hold pee.  And soon they began to leak also.  I couldn't see where they were leaking from, but there were wet spots on the sheet.  I think you shouldn't be washing them in the washer, also.  Hand wash and hang to air dry.

I recommend vinyl.  The heavyweight 'Deluxe' vinyl pants are holding up.  Hand wash only in mild detergent, hang to dry.

As pee "ages" it gives off gas, any material that "breaths" lets that gas and smell through. They have a leakproof fabric, it is called Gore-Tex and have had it for over 35 years and it is pretty sturdy, but you would not want to pay the price that the panties would command. It is high-grade nylon and polyurethane. I recommend the old DPF "combo" snap-on plastic under rubber. The first being the LL Medico 7 mil snap-on vinyl and the second being the Babykins 14 guage rubber panty

http://other.sandralyn.net/1942.html

8 hours ago, Little Christine said:

implications of "diapers and rubber panties [and mostly the rubber panteis since they were most apparent]" that were the terror of every 5+ year old or incon back in 1951-65

I concur.  As a bed-wetter in the early fifties I slept in diapers and rubber pants.  To my mother and consequently me, rubber pants at my age were disgusting.  Rubber pants, the very words made me cringe.

Worse if they were left where they could be seen by casual observers, usually a girl or lady friend of your mom's or a family member like an aunt, who, upon either noticing (as if they could help that) or asking, would be told that they were yours (I am making the sign of slitting my wrists). I have witnessed that scene too many times not to have it burned into my memory. The only upside was that it was not me, but I would cringe just from thinking of what the poor girl (usually) was going through

I think I figured some of it out. I had the PUL pants gathers right next to the PUL diaper. The PUL diaper I think fails because of a bad design where the mircrofiber cloth goes all the way to the edge so it just wicks around the corner eventually. Also I find that it was over stuffed so while flooding pee would hit the pads and then roll straight into the edge and out. I only use 2 stuffers now and that seems to help a little but it leaves a lot of wet feeling :-(

So I have a little workaround but just want to know how to have a good night time setup so there are minimal leaks and less feel wet feeling in the middle of the night .