LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Embarrassing Moments When Buying Diapers?

What about the video recording?

For quite some time (Considering your age, probably at the time of the described incident) most stores have been using cameras and video recording equipment to deter theft, and make it easier to ID those that steal anyway.

Granted, it's probably not worth the hassle once you got away, over just 1 pack of diapers - but I'm sure someone at least looked at that recording, if for no other reason, to see if that was all you stole.

Well it was a pretty old store and although i was young i did have the knowledge of camera surveillance. So i did check if there was any, and wasn't any, there was only those weird mirrors on each side of some aisle. Don't worry, i made sure i wouldn't be caught just because of cameras or nosy clerks.

But that damn guy still made it through my perfectly thought out plan, well i laugh now but at that moment it was scary and embarrassing, but deep down i knew i wouldn't be caugh because i didn't know the guy so he was not a local.

Necros~

I think I posted about this once before, but what the heck I'll post again...

My only really embarassing diaper-buying expedition was the tme I got the Chatty Clerk. She was a really friendly, pleasant and helpful woman, and passed the time by making smalltalk with her customers about whatever crossed her mind. While she rang up my diapers she asked how I was, talked about the weather, gave me my change, and then she leaned over toward me as if she was going to say something quietly--but didn't lower her voice at all--and said, "Honey, would you like me to put your diapers in a bag so they won't show?"

I glanced nervously at the people in line behind me and of course they'd all heard it. I stammered out something or other, probably unconvincing, like "N-no-that's-okay-they're-not-for-me-anyway," and she went on sympathetically--still without lowering her voice--saying, "Okay, then. I just always ask people that when they're buying diapers for themselves, 'cause you never know how people are gonna feel. Well, you have a nice day now, buh bye!"

Pretty clueless of her, but she was so kind about it, and so matter-of-fact, I've always remembered the incident rather fondly.

Wow I’m glad this topic came up. I had an experience last week at a cvs.

I get to the counter and there is only one check out person: a girl about 18, very cute and friendly. Now, in general I kind of like the thrill and slight embarrassment of purchasing diapers and this was no exception, but it got be too much embarrassment. As I put my items on the counter I felt my heart beating a little faster.

I thought to myself “this pretty young girl is going to know you wear diapers”.

Meanwhile the line is building up in back of me, and all those people can see my big blue 18 pack of Tena disposable underwear sitting on the counter. As she is bagging the items she sez to me “Nice Stash”. She was referring to the half dozen candy bars I was purchasing but we all know where my mind was! For a second I swore she was talking about the diapers “Ahh… yeah….” And then I realized…”Gotta have chocolate” I answered.

So now every thing is bagged and in my cart. The Tenas were the last item to be rung up so they are right on top for every one to see! She runs the card a presses the wrong button…the manager has to come over and put in a code and she then has to re-ring everything. She started entering the items manually from the receipt and turns to me and says what was the last item I scanned? “ er…ah …I think it was the dia…Tenas.”

“Oh, yes, it came up as Discrete active wear….must have changed the name”

My face must have been very red because I could feel it burning. I finally paid and as I walked out It felt like the whole line people were watching me. I happened to wearing one under my sweat suit and I was sure everyone knew.

So far I havn't had any moments as embarrasing as others here have mentioned but I suppse it's always a bit embarrasing.

I remember my first purchase at a store that had just opened near my place (the other place I bought from closed around the same time). This is the same place I go for other things occasionally too.

At any rate that time I went to pay for the diapers and my hands were kind of shaking and I know my face was red. I couldn't stay calm and my throat was dry. I'm sure that the cashier knew who they were for.

I have since gone probably 4 or 5 times to buy diapers and I'm getting more used to it. I have had the same cashier check me out and it's not so bad now. Even though I'm sure they could recognize me if I came in during the day (I've seen them when I was buying other things) I've always been comfortable any way. I'd rather do that than take the bus to another location and have to carry them on the bus.

I find the best way to conceil the diapers and make the least embarrassment while waiting in line is to use one of the grocery carts on wheels. I had my mom sew me up a custom bag that fits inside and has a flap on the top. I can just close it up, wait in line, open it, put the items on the counter, check out and then just throw them in. Some cashiers just put them in bags but the last time I went she asked me and I just said no. I've found there is really no need really with the cart.

My biggest complaint about the store (and many stores really) is that they have this friggin huge windows at the end of the checkout lines so anyone coming into the store can see exactly what is being checked out so I suppose people could notice what i'm buying but that time hasn't come yet for me.

I would have to say my most memorable experience was about a year ago, I was using a mix between secure plus diapers and attend diapers. I had an attends diaper on under some knit shorts and I went to the pharmacy here in Tulsa that sells attends diapers by the bag (T-Roy Barnes Pharmacy)

There is one huge room that has all of the adult diapers, walkers, etc. All of the adult products are on the back wall which is where I was looking for the attends with waistband three tape absorbancy 10. I wear these diapers cause they are white and are like the old pampers. The did not have any of the diapers, they just had the pullups out on the shelf. So as I was looking, this lady around 35 to 40 came up to me and asked if I needed help with any of the diapers which kinda scared the crap out of me because I did not hear her behind me. She actually called them diapers instead of like briefs or incontinence product names. I was kinda moving around and everyone knows how loud the attends diapers are, so I think she knew I was diapered.

I asked if she had the diapers I was looking for, she said hold on and went to the storage area and in a few minutes came out with a case of the diapers. She opened the box, pulled out a bag of diapers and said here you go. I started to walk back to the other room to pay, and she was like right behind me following me to the registers. You could hear my diaper crinkling a mile away and I think she wanted to really see if I was diapered cause she was like right on my heels. Next thing I hear is oh your wearing diapers, thats a very good brand of diapers you picked out, we sell alot of that brand of diapers. She did follow me up to the registers and rang me up even though there were two teen aged girls at the registers. The last thing she asked was if I wanted a bag for my diapers. The other two at the registers just kinda smirking like OMG she bought adult diapers. I told her no that I was okay and went on my way.

As I walked out crinkling, I could hear them asking the older lady, it sounds like she was wearing a diaper and still smirking and I heard the older lady says, yes she's wearing a diaper. All the smirking and gigling didnt bother me one bit, I knew I would be heard and really dont care, I think its kinda funny how everyone acts toward someone wearing diapers.

Staci

I think she wanted to really see if I was diapered cause she was like right on my heels. Next thing I hear is oh your wearing diapers, thats a very good brand of diapers you picked out, we sell alot of that brand of diapers. She did follow me up to the registers and rang me up even though there were two teen aged girls at the registers

That is cool! I think I would have used the opertunity to say, "Yes, I've tried many different brands before finding Attends which seems to be the most absorbent diaper I've found to use". That may have opened the door for more conversation about wearing diapers. To me, the key is to always act calm, cool and not nervious at all. If you do that, then clerks won't think the diaper's you're buying are for you. If you want to make sure clerks don't think the diapers are for you, ask for them to be rung up separate from other purchases and ask for the recipt, as if you need to give it to the person you are buying them for so you can be reimbursed. You can also put a $20 bill in an envelope and when you ask for the diapers to be rung up separatly, pull the envelope out of your pocket and use that money to pay. Make sure you put any change along with the recipt back in that envelope!

Actually, I kind of like it if clerks think the diapers I'm buying are for me! That's half the fun sometimes!

everyone else posted, so i feel compelled to.

i went to a pharmacy, i say local, but i drove 45min to get there. i come from a small town, so i'd prefer to keep my personal business personal ;) . of course like most people, i scanned the place first, and wouldn't you know it, some checkout girl...that was probably the same age i was (doh). kinda hot might i add. but it took me probably less than 5 min to pick out what i wanted because i didn't want to be seen. i walk up to the register and she gave me the weirdest look. i'm an athletic build...beefy, so her thought was, "what is this guy doing??" I can't remember what started the mini convo...but i said..."party later" or something to that sense. She laughed and i payed. She didn't even offer to bag them. So i asked..."umm...can i have a bag please? i'm shy" so the nice girl decided to give me a plastic (almost) see-thru bag. I walked 50ft out into the parking lot...and thought everyone was staring me down. Needless to say...i don't think she'd ever be interested in dating lol. not a super cool story...but really embarrassing for me :(

thank you internet and credit cards.

I was at the counter at about midnight and there was two girls behind me.

I pay for the diapers and then walk outside.

oddly enough the two girls didn't buy anything then they get behind me and pinch my butt and notice a diaper on me.

they started laughing not in the good way and pointing and yelling baby baby. your a big baby get out of here sicko.

so I ran to my car with my diapers and didnt look back.

if only they knew the finer points of wearing diapers and the pleasure it can bring to one person.

but any way that goes when I go back to that shopping center the cashier that saw all this just blushes and says hi.

thats it just hi. but that was still embarrasing how they could yell that out loud.

however lots of love to all if you had a bad experience like I did.

Ok, gotta add my own. It happened over a year ago in Prague. I was there on business for a week and had been going 24/7 for 2 months when I was told to go on the trip. Now, I knew I didn't have enough abenas on me for the week, but I could see no way in stowing a weeks worth of diapers in a suitcase so I knew I had to buy them. Well, at first when I could I checked out the local pharmacies near my hotel. All they had were crappy depend pull-ups and I needed diapers. So the first time I got depend underwear I had no problem, but because they were those kind I had to triple layer them and it just wasn't absorbent enough. So I researched and found a 24 hour pharmacy - since I worked during the day. I then proceeded to spend an evening going on the tram system to this pharmacy. The hard part is I never learned to speak Chech and the lady at the counter, who was cute, could not understand me. I was practically screaming diapers in Chech, but I never could pronounce "adult" right and she kept on pointing at baby diapers. Finally I reached in my pants and pulled out the side of my diaper and she said Oh, and then brought out a bag of Tenas. I was happy then but this time the clerk was a little embarrassed. She then put the bag in another clear bag that it would fit in and then took some newspapers and put them on the outside so I wouldn't be embarrassed by carrying them around Prague. All-in-all she was obviously more embarrassed. I found I was much braver in a foreign country cause I knew 100% that no one knew who I was. The most embarrassing thing to me on that trip was the plane ride over. I had to change and got up and pulled out an abena out of my bag cause it was too big to carry in the aisles. So in front of 100s of people on the plane I walked down the aisle to a restroom and changed. Now that I think about it, that was embarrassing, but cool too.

Super Diaper Baby

The most embarrassing thing to me on that trip was the plane ride over. I had to change and got up and pulled out an abena out of my bag cause it was too big to carry in the aisles. So in front of 100s of people on the plane I walked down the aisle to a restroom and changed. Now that I think about it, that was embarrassing, but cool too.

On a recent transatlantic flight, we were all told that "due to current heightened security measures," passengers were not allowed to take carry-ons into the toilets... That could have been embarrassing :blush:. I guess I'm fortunate to be in a position to wuss out, go to the toilet and take it off rather than carry a new diaper up the aisle.

On a recent transatlantic flight, we were all told that "due to current heightened security measures," passengers were not allowed to take carry-ons into the toilets... That could have been embarrassing :blush:. I guess I'm fortunate to be in a position to wuss out, go to the toilet and take it off rather than carry a new diaper up the aisle.

That's the crux - I am not incontinent. I actually could've wussed out, gotten up, went to restroom and taken off my wet diaper, but I had a made a promise to myself. To see what 24/7 would be like without cheating. So I had to pull out a diaper from my bag and walk down the aisle with it. It was one of the bravest things I had ever done in my life. I can't tell you how long I sat debating to myself on what to do. Should I give up? Should I stay in a wet diaper for 8 more hours? It would've exploded and that would have been against FAA regulations ;-) I had to psych myself up when I did it. I said over and over things in my head like "they don't care" and "they already know". The reality is, no one said a word to me. I got looks from at least 20 people, but that was it. When I came back I had conquered a fear. I had won! It was not about what other people think, it was about doing what I had set out to do, in any situation that had occurred. I am now confident I can make a commitment to live the rest of my life 24/7 and still be happy about my decision for many years to come. But, when I changed jobs I decided I was not ready in my life to do so and went back to wearing only when I feel like wearing. 24/7 is a big commitment. It means you have to always wear a diaper, even when it is more comfortable to not do so. It is important in the whole "helpless" headspace that some Ab's like to be in. For me it just felt right, like I was a real baby, like I had achieved the ultimate goal of being a baby. Ah, memories...

My hat is off to those who are 24/7, incontinent or not. You are the bravest people I know. Keep it up.

Super Diaper Baby

Walking to a restroom with a diaper isn't a big deal to me anymore. I often walk a diaper to my car cause I forgot to bring my bag in (I live in an apt building) and had a discussion with my neighbor while holding a diaper.

It's being genderqueer that's been setting off my anxiety attacks, LOL.

Mine was about 3-4yrs ago, I was going to Wal-Mart when they were still carrying attends.... I was diapered for the trip, I had on Blue cargo kahki pants so you really couldn't tell any ways... It was about 2-or 3 in the morning ( i would go that early so hopefully no one I knew would be there).... When i got to the attend section, there weren't any on the shelf they were up top so i had to ask one of the night stockers for help... that was a lil imtidating(Sp).. then i put them in the cart and headed for the checkout. I had gone ther before and usually had the sme cheacker check me out, so had a long line so i went to this other girl about 18-20 she kinda looked at me funny and said "how are you" and i replyed woth something along the lines of " great, these arent the greatest things to be shopping for" something to that affect. She just smiled and rang me up. One the way home i got pulled over for one of my brake lights being out..... I was worried cause it's 2-3 in the morning and i figured the cop would think that i was drunk, or up to no good... I had the bag of diapers on the floor board of my truck in plain sight... so when i shined his flashlight i'm sure he saw them... all i got was a warning.... I figured he saw the diapers... and felt sorrty for me so thats why all i got was a warning..... I'm not gonna lie i was terrified at wal mart and when i was pulled over... after that i started useing online to order.... and now wal mart doesn't even carry attends.

i already posted this in my dissapearing diapers thread but i'll get into some more detail.

I walk into rite-aid and see that a new girl was working there, she looked familiar but I'm pretty sure i didn't know her, im guessing she's the sister of a tongan girl i went to school with because they look alot alike.

i do my usual once over of the store to make sure no one i know is in there, grab a sobe and head over to the diaper aisle. i grabbed my usual of a 40 pack of rite aid brand diapers (stuffer) and pack of depends maximum protection, since i'm buying for my friend too i grab a bag of super plus and a second bag of maximum protection.

i adjust the load and end up holding all 4 in a stack while holding onto the sobe with my chin. (just picture that)

walking to the check out line there was some people in front of me so i wait in line, i noticed them talking amongst themselves and chuckling which doesn't bother me anymore. when the first group got their stuff payed for the guy in front of me offered to let me go ahead of him so i accepted.

i got to the counter and fumbled with the diapers a bit when she asked me in a half amused half forced professional voice if that was all, i said "yeah this should do it" which only made it harder for her to keep a straight face, especially because the guy behind me was chuckling pretty loudly. when i left she said have a good day which made the guy behind me lose it and start laughing uncontrollably as i left.

a few years back i would've been mortified but now i'm just used to it. imagine what she would've thought if i bought some condoms as well :roflmao:

I think my weirdest combination was diapers and disposable enemas, which would probably be weirder than diapers and condoms. I don't recall getting any strange or surprised looks over that. Heh, actually, I think i've done that combination more than once. :whistling:

I've never had anyone comment on the diapers that I was buying. Which is sort of a bummer, as I would actually enjoy some of the embarrassing moments mentioned here...

• 3 weeks later...

One of the first times I ordered adult cloth diapers through Sears, when picking them up at the catalog desk the young female clerk saw the item on the invoice and insisted on opening them to make sure they were right (I'm sure she was just curious) but at the time I was mortified. Another time buying disposables early on I had the clerk shout accross the front of the store "Is there sales tax on these?" holding them up.

Now, I tend to be just amused. I was buying baby wipes with the diapers once and the clerk asked me how old my baby was. I pointed to the adult diapers and admitted they were for me (she was really embarassed).

You know thats funny cause I was buying baby wipes today to use for my incontinence and she asked me how old my baby was. Needless to say I said that they were three. Oh yea I don't have kids.

i already posted this in my dissapearing diapers thread but i'll get into some more detail.

I walk into rite-aid and see that a new girl was working there, she looked familiar but I'm pretty sure i didn't know her, im guessing she's the sister of a tongan girl i went to school with because they look alot alike.

i do my usual once over of the store to make sure no one i know is in there, grab a sobe and head over to the diaper aisle. i grabbed my usual of a 40 pack of rite aid brand diapers (stuffer) and pack of depends maximum protection, since i'm buying for my friend too i grab a bag of super plus and a second bag of maximum protection.

i adjust the load and end up holding all 4 in a stack while holding onto the sobe with my chin. (just picture that)

walking to the check out line there was some people in front of me so i wait in line, i noticed them talking amongst themselves and chuckling which doesn't bother me anymore. when the first group got their stuff payed for the guy in front of me offered to let me go ahead of him so i accepted.

i got to the counter and fumbled with the diapers a bit when she asked me in a half amused half forced professional voice if that was all, i said "yeah this should do it" which only made it harder for her to keep a straight face, especially because the guy behind me was chuckling pretty loudly. when i left she said have a good day which made the guy behind me lose it and start laughing uncontrollably as i left.

a few years back i would've been mortified but now i'm just used to it. imagine what she would've thought if i bought some condoms as well :roflmao:

That's hilarious. I guess when you're buying that many diapers it must seem a lot more likely that it's a joke or prank or dare or just some kids having a laugh.

Good story!

I used to work at dollar store & was always buying diaper wipes & the girls asked me one day & I said I work 2 jobs & change clothes while having coffee at the bait shop & I clean up there & then started laughing & said, actually I'm always going parking & paper towels get alittle rough on the kitty. To this day they haven't figured it out

• 2 weeks later...

Mine was about 3-4yrs ago, I was going to Wal-Mart when they were still carrying attends.... I was diapered for the trip, I had on Blue cargo kahki pants so you really couldn't tell any ways... It was about 2-or 3 in the morning ( i would go that early so hopefully no one I knew would be there).... When i got to the attend section, there weren't any on the shelf they were up top so i had to ask one of the night stockers for help... that was a lil imtidating(Sp).. then i put them in the cart and headed for the checkout. I had gone ther before and usually had the sme cheacker check me out, so had a long line so i went to this other girl about 18-20 she kinda looked at me funny and said "how are you" and i replyed woth something along the lines of " great, these arent the greatest things to be shopping for" something to that affect. She just smiled and rang me up. One the way home i got pulled over for one of my brake lights being out..... I was worried cause it's 2-3 in the morning and i figured the cop would think that i was drunk, or up to no good... I had the bag of diapers on the floor board of my truck in plain sight... so when i shined his flashlight i'm sure he saw them... all i got was a warning.... I figured he saw the diapers... and felt sorrty for me so thats why all i got was a warning..... I'm not gonna lie i was terrified at wal mart and when i was pulled over... after that i started useing online to order.... and now wal mart doesn't even carry attends.

Years ago, I was driving to a friends house during the night. I was diapered when I pulled the truck over to change my diaper before going on. Right in the middle of my diaper change, a car pulls behind me. It's the police! I stopped what I was doing: pants around my ankles, diaper pulled up between my legs but not fastened yet. The officer walks up to the truck and asks me if I have been drinking and if that was my beer can back there. I told him I had not been drinking (a lie), and that I was just changing before going on to my friends house. He asked if I was changing my clothes, and I said "No, I'm changing my diaper". He shines his flashlight downwards to see the diaper halfway put on, and says" what if some old lady had stopped by to see if you needed help?"

I don't remember my response, but I remember what I thought I wanted to say. I thought that if an old lady stopped by and saw what I was doing, she might ask me for an extra.

And she probably posted some type of response to another post in another forum..

Yeah this guy I know almost caught me buying.......... I was shocked...

:-)

I can imagine that this is more common than we think.

------------------------------

I ran into a lady from my parent's church while reaching for a second bag of Depends, first one already at my feet. She gave me one of those "Hey, haven't seen you in forever!" style greetings and eventually asked what I was doing with diapers. I had a list of excuses in my head made up for situations like this, and as I was about to respond, the list went blank (of course). I thought quickly and came up with "My friend is turning twenty-five tonight and this is the gag gift that I drew from the hat."

Thank God for improv. :thumbsup: