LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bipolar I/ii Or Cyclothemia Sp?

I'd like to talk with anyone who's been diagnosed with any form of bi-polar, cyclothemia sp? or any other form of mood disorder that involves cycling of moods and uses mood stabilizers for treatment, specifically medications like lithium, vaproates(depakote), AP's like seroquel etc. not to mention the gamut of AD's and other anti-anxiety meds from the benzo family.

I'd like to discuss elements of how mental health issues affect our fetish, how it relates to our significant others, and any coping stratetgies that others have in place.

thanks

darkforest

darkforest, I think Rosie did used to leave a moved post to show where the thread had been moved to. I don't know why she stopped, but I did notice that when she was doing it, there used to be a lot of topics on the front page of the different boards which were moved notices.

And for future reference, it is fairly easy to search through your own posts or topics to find something that you have posted.

darkforest, I think Rosie did used to leave a moved post to show where the thread had been moved to. I don't know why she stopped, but I did notice that when she was doing it, there used to be a lot of topics on the front page of the different boards which were moved notices.

And for future reference, it is fairly easy to search through your own posts or topics to find something that you have posted.

nah leaving a reference post isnt necessary, just a quick priv msg perhaps an auto-script that generates it just to let the person know to look. anyway I was down and grumpy at the time, the tone of that post i'm not happy with, i apologise. and yeah, for some reason though when i try to view my own info past pages etc i get scripting errors, but if i just do a general search fro the topic, i found it.

thanks.

now hopefully someone with BP or whatever will respond else a few more days and this'll be a dead-thread

(snip)

now hopefully someone with BP or whatever will respond else a few more days and this'll be a dead-thread

Uh, only have unipolar, some experience with some of the drugs. All of them mess with the sexual mechanics. Diapers have not been a subject of extensive discussion with my shrinks; I have mentioned it once, and it has not been brought up much by them.

Connections between various problems, such as child abuse, depression, etc, and wanting to be padded have been extensively discussed and speculated on before. I think that exposure to non-normal states of mind lowers the barriers for accepting diapers as helpful to the state of mind. Abuse may even cause the need for regression. But there are also those that aren't depressed or abused (or at least don't admit to it often) who enjoy their padding.

Personally, I think what happens is that we remember the attention we used to get when our mothers and others changed our diapers when we were young, and when that stopped, we got a lot less physical attention. The result is a nostalgic, pleasant association with being padded, which is recreated when we put our padding on.

This is very similar to the flashbacks people experience after traumas, where cues in the environment from the traumatic experience cause the brain to recreate the emotional state of panic.

Dill Pickle

Uh, only have unipolar, some experience with some of the drugs. All of them mess with the sexual mechanics. Diapers have not been a subject of extensive discussion with my shrinks; I have mentioned it once, and it has not been brought up much by them.

Yeah aint that the truth, some days the libido is gone, other days hyper hyper. I'm really hesitant to mention the ab/dl interests with the doc's just cuz its one more complication that will be spent time on, i'll know what they'll say anyway so i dont see the point.

Connections between various problems, such as child abuse, depression, etc, and wanting to be padded have been extensively discussed and speculated on before. I think that exposure to non-normal states of mind lowers the barriers for accepting diapers as helpful to the state of mind. Abuse may even cause the need for regression. But there are also those that aren't depressed or abused (or at least don't admit to it often) who enjoy their padding.

Dont get me started on the abuse/depression link... that in and of itself is a little hellish. But along the same line of thought diapers helpful to the state of mind, if you've cycled at all, have you tried using your diapers as a means of moderating them? the enjoyment of the diaper as a method to help break the cycle?

My whole goal in life at this point is to learn to live and manage this as best I can. its not going away. its not something that will stop. So I have to learn to work within my limits.

lately i've found myself running hot and cold in-terms of interest. bouncing back and forth on it in a matter of as little as hours, however independant to my cycles between mania and depression.

I see the doc again soon, maybe i'll mention this line of thought and see what he thinks...

And thanks dill, its nice to know that i'm not the only one, amongst an allready small population.

You're not the only one, Darkforest. There's lots of people on the board with similar mental health issues. I remember a thread on the topic from awhile back.

I have bipolar II which has been kept on an even keel for well over a decade now. As far as the ab/dl stuff in relation to it ... I haven't noticed a huge correlation. My interest waxes and wanes (which now I think of it, is a little bipolar in itself!) and usually correlates with my stress levels. I've never actually thought of using diapers as "self-medication" when I cycle, but then my cycles are now so barely imperceptible that I'm not always sure whether I'm going through one of those states or I'm having a bad day, or I'm just hormonal.

I do hope you find a medication that works well and your shrink is helpful. It makes a big difference. The person I was when I was at my worst (which is about 20 years ago now) was like a stranger to me. Thankfully the old me resurfaced with the right meds and a very good doctor.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah aint that the truth, some days the libido is gone, other days hyper hyper. I'm really hesitant to mention the ab/dl interests with the doc's just cuz its one more complication that will be spent time on, i'll know what they'll say anyway so i dont see the point.

Spelling: cyclothymia

I don't cycle, I just get some bad days. If the diapers aren't interfering, say, with a lot of guilt, then the doc doesn't really need to know. All mine have, and have proceeded to ignore me.

My drugs (SSRIs and nefazodone) haven't so much played with the desire or the hydraulics as with the ability to reach a climax.