LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Am I Doing Something Wrong?

I recently got the skill down of wetting while laying down, and my problem is that when I wet while laying in bed, some of the pee likes to flow up the diaper as well and along the leg flap and attempt to enter the back of the breif. The problem is most of it doesnt make it and ends up leaking down the side of my butt to get a couple of drops on the matress. (I know, easy fix; dont wet the bed) Can anyone tell me a secret about how to get this not to happen?

well, to some up all that, there are a few causes as mentioned. First your diaper has to fit right, then you have to have a good diaper, Molicare would be a great bet, if there abit outta your reach, use a stuffer (baby diaper with plastic cut) or doubler too. I find that its best to prime your diaper if you are going to flood, that is to wet a small bit when you first put it on, then go about your day. It helps the diaper to wick better. The best diapers have both Pulp (Wick) & Gel (lock). Molicares and Xplus have both of these in about equal amounts which makes them darn near the best around, well for the states that is. You may also want to find a diaper with standing leakguards thats a huge help. Most of the diapers you can buy locally are made with mostly Gel and very little Pulp so they don't wick well and can't take a flood. IF you follow the advice given so far, you won't have to point your Mr. either way! :unsure:

I wear Molicare Super Pluses to bed. I sleep on my back and point my guy down. If I don't wet the diaper before going to bed I'll wake up and the front will still be dry but the back will be soaked (which is where it should be going). I rarely ever have leaks this way. If you want to point up then you're going to have to wear cloth and plastic pants. I've yet to find a disposable where I can point up while lying on my back without significant leaks.

well, for one I wear attends. And my 'stuff' is pointing down, but it seems to happen anyway. Ill try the priming idea, and thanks everyone for the advice. Rubber sheets may not be a bad idea either.

Cj

I know a lot of people like Attends but I've never found them to be particularly great when compared to Molicare, Tena, or Abena. One full wetting and they're pretty much done for (especially considering that they have no leak guards. I actually just have on a Molicare Super (not a Super Plus) at the moment which I've had on since about 11 AM (12 hours) and it still hasn't leaked yet. I'd have been done with an Attends after I sat down on the 2nd wetting of the day.

I'll back-up what others have said, "put-the-tail-between-the-legs" point your penis down, It will spread the wetness all around your diaper. If pointed upwards you only soak the top-front and the sides. It may be a bit uncomfortable for a while if you are not use to it, but it will come with time.

You may not be doing anything wrong. You may be wearing the wrong diaper.

In some cases, like mine, nothing works as well as a thick cloth diaper. Sometimes they need to be 1 inch thick in the center.

If you use cloth diapers, you will need to wear plastic pants over them. The plastic pants are not that critical if the diaper is absorbant enough.

I recently got the skill down of wetting while laying down, and my problem is that when I wet while laying in bed, some of the pee likes to flow up the diaper as well and along the leg flap and attempt to enter the back of the breif. The problem is most of it doesnt make it and ends up leaking down the side of my butt to get a couple of drops on the matress. (I know, easy fix; dont wet the bed) Can anyone tell me a secret about how to get this not to happen?

I hate when I start the night pointed down, and it shifts during the night. I sleep on my stomach, so in that situation, I find about an inch at the top of the front of my diaper is wet, and the rest all spilled out in to my bed. Ugh!