LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

So The Novelty Has Worn Off But The Fetish Continues

Yeah, I go through spells too. I might wear for a few days and then break for a few days or weeks. And yeah, I think you can get too much of a good thing. I can't get on here as often as I like, but I have made friends on here that I love talking too and I get on here whether I'm in my diaper phase or not.

I'm not sure if I could say the novelty has worn off. I've worn most every night for the past 8 years and often when home during the day or evening. Many times I find myself say, "Wow, I really am wearing diapers!"

Still enjoying after all these years....

CDL

I'm still relatively new here and not exactly sure whether I'm accepted or not. I have left several web sites because the folks misunderstood me. I can sure understand the attatchment to a web site. It doesn't take long to recognize the regulars and come to know their likes and dislikes. When a "now infamous" web site I used to frequent became too hot for me, I felt a sense of abandonment and grief much like a death or the end of a very close friendship. Maybe sites like this are addicting, and it is withdrawl we feel. We have to have our daily "fix."

Like most of you I go through phases of diaper wearing. At times I have left it for years. A very wise person once told me to pack everything up and put it in the attic, very likely you will want it again. It is probably a pretty harmless pastime compared to the psycopathic behaviors we sometimes hear about, but it does become a part of a person after a while.

That's my little bit of philosophy for today.

-D_Rainger

Hmmm.. I too have phases. I never go too long.. But there are definitely sometimes when I think nothing of them.. But every once in a while my urge kicks in.. lol. Aside from that, they're pretty regular for me.. Once a week, or once every other week.. Unless I'm caught up.. They're definitely a great stress reliever sometimes.

I've noticed that while I don't "have" to wear diapers and I don't always wear...I still enjoy coming here. How many of you keep coming back just cause there is usually a cool bunch of folks to hang out with here?

Diapers used to be a phase thing for me, too. As I'm sure it is true for just about everyone here, the diapers led to a climax and then they went back into the drawer. At first I used to throw the diapers away (I have always worn cloth diapers), but after several years that got too expensive. Once I realized that I was going to be wearing them again no matter how I felt at the moment, I took better care of them. After about 25 years I found the best way to keep from having wild swings in my emotions was to wear them every night, whether I felt like it or not. That actually helped to control the mood swings.

It was after I had my accident and really needed the diapers that I started wearing them every night and every day. At first there was a time the diapers felt like a burden. But after a while, it just became normal.

Now when I'm getting dressed in the morning and put my diapers on after taking a shower, I do it as absent mindedly as I did when putting on underwear before. Today, I had to have a doctor fill out a medical form for me. During the questioning he asked to see my back. Since I had a snap t-shirt on I had to unsnap the t-shirt and lift it and the diapers were then in clear view. It didn't bother me the least bit. It was like being seen in my underwear.

It really has been interesting watching my emotions over the years as I went through different phases. It is interesting to see how my emotions have evolved through the different situations. It is an adventure of itself.

Wow. You guys really struck a nerve with me. I used to go LONG stretches. But then again I used to smoke as well. And I guess 'novelty' was maybe the wrong word. I still like wearing and I don't know that the

security blanket' factor of wearing diapers will ever go away.

But I guess I just found this forum similarly comforting? Maybe because we're open and from what i've observed we're more open than most other communities, chat, or gaming sites. I guess what other secrets would we have? And don't answer that. ;-)

Seriously, we tend to respect and console those that need it, befriend those that are friends and chastise the belligerent. I guess I'm trying to say it's like a neighborhood more or less. There's good and bad....but never an extreme of either and the site is pretty well balanced.

Man. I tend to ramble. Guys/Gals just wanted to know if people hang out here just cuz they made friends and not necessarily cuz they were wearing... LOL However I'm very humbled by the responses and I feel and felt much the same way through my life as most of you have related so far.

I still like wearing and I don't know that the security blanket' factor of wearing diapers will ever go away.

Why would someone give up a security blanket? So they could become insecure? I don't get it. When did we learn that security blankets were a bad thing?

I suppose clean air is a security blanket, too. If someone took our clean air away, we would feel insecure. The same goes for healthy food, a roof over our head, a reliable car, etc. What is the real reason society expects us to not wear diapers?

I like a lot of people here went through stages of wearing for a few days and then not for a few days also, but then my OAB got so bad I had to face reality and become a 24/7 wearer, that was initially bad news until I learned that if I loved my Nappies it made it so much easier to cope with that I really dont even give them a second thought anymore.

So in some ways the novelty has worn off, but in others it has not, I still get a thrill first thing in the morning when changing into a new Nappy. :)

"BE HAPPY IN YOUR NAPPY" :P

when i first started wearing nappies more frequently i used to get "bored" with them within a couple of months, so i would find ways of making it different, better ways of fastening and so on. I couldn't go more than a week without them.

a couple of years ago thought i had grown out of nappies because i went without them for about 6 months, but just couldn't take it any longer, it was almost like a stage of denial or something!

for the last 8 months or so i've been nappied pretty much every night

• 5 months later...

I honestly think I wear more often when I'm stressed, and on occassion when that baby mood strikes me so hard that I feel like all I can do is scream..... I wore more when I was teaching preschool, it was a very stressful job esp on days when I was the only one in the classroom with 22, 4 year olds.... I go through my phases now, I can go without wearing for days and then there are times when I can't get enough of wearing. I think once I graduate and find a teaching job, I probably will start wearing more often again... I have this feeling that my life will be stressful again lol....

With that said.... I come here even if I'm not wearing...and of course get yelled at my my fellow diaper wearers cause I'm NOT wearing..... I come here for my friends, to hang out with them, to listen to them, to get to know them better, to get the support I need to know I'm not going crazy and to offer my support to them. My fiance is great, he is a DL, he is my daddy.... however... there are times when he can not relate to me as an AB... that is why I come here because my fellow ABs can understand where I am coming from when he can't.

Its a great community over all, of course you have the riff raffs (i love that word) to cause problems, but that is going to be anywhere, but for the most part it is a great place to come and be yourself and not be judged by who you are..... well for the most part.

It's great that we all seem to have the same basic feelings!!! Yeah the novelty of wearing nappies has worn off as a result of wearing whenever I want regardless of life's ups and downs - stress, loneliness, peace, happiness, etc. Finding such good friends and lovely people on this site over the past few years has enabled me to accept within myself that despite being in nappies whenever I can, I am prefectly sane, rational and a normal sort of guy (I hate that word 'normal' 'cos who/what decides on who/what is normal??).

Varying the nappy shape, style, thickness, 'tightness' and different plastic pants all help keep things fun! Cloth nappies are so versatile from this point of view... but for me they are my underwear whenever I can. Likewise I vary my underwear when not in a nappy at school or somewhere like that (kids pick up on anything like well-padded bums!!!) - I may wear satin panties, or cotton thongs, or plastic pants over boxers, etc... always fun!! :lol: Always experimenting and enjoying whatever I want to wear!!!

Any lifetime habit is impossible to break - and indeed why should I break this lovely habit of wearing nappies every night and many daytimes? It harms noone, affects noone else...

Simba B)