LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

First Time Buyer

Well, next weekend will be the first time for me going out to buy diapers and possibly some other accessories. Now what I would like to know is, does anyone have any advice on how to make it a less nervous and stressful experience?

Its no sweat. All you have to realize is that you're one person out of a thousand that the cashier will ring up that day, and they don't really care what you're buying. You'll only stand out if you look nervous while buying. Also realize that you'll never see that person again, ever, so who cares what they think about your purchases?

I would offer a few points of advice:

1. Try to go to a store somewhat away from where you usually shop / live. Accross town probably suffices.

2. On the off chance someone you know is shopping, do a casual walk around in the store to see if you see any such people. This is very very rarely an issue... this is mostly precautionary, and if you are kittery (whch most are the first time they buy), this can be used to calm your nerves.

3. You might try going at a non-busy hour - at night if it is a 24 hour store, or early in the morning, etc.

4. Put the bag of diapers in your basket / cart... no need to walk through the store with a bag of diapers swinging in the open.

5. As the poster above said, just relax. You will only be as conspicuous as you make yourself, and nobody knows they are for your secret fetish, they will just assume they are either for a medical problem, or another person entirely. In the HIGHLY unlikely event someone asks you what they are for (and i mean HIGHLY unlikely), just say a grandparaent.

Good luck, and make sure that diaper rash ointment is an accessory!

umm, thx for the tips, I'll make sure to keep them in mind when I go out and buy them and other stuff. And as far as sayin there for one of my grandparents, it's a good thing, seeing as I live with my grandparents. I'll make sure to let all of ya's know how it went. Meanwhile, I'm still open to anymore suggestions y'all might have, so keep em comin.

Really "Chill out" as it is no ones buisness other than yours !

When I first started out buying as previous posters have said, I always went to shops on the other side of town where I knew no one, and no one knew me !

I selected my shop by having a browse around all the chemist shops when I went especially in an afternoon and then finding the one that seemed to be the queitest I went in one afternoon with a written list of all my needs and helped myself off the shelf and then went to pay at the till, I asked the lady on the till if these were for adults and she said they were and did I know what absorbancy I needed (a minor hiccup I had not forseen ) so I said they were for my grandmother who "drinks a lot", she then confirmed that they were the right ones and she then wrapped them up very discreetly for me, and I always go back there when I get short of supplies and need some fast. :blush:

Bear in mind that if you start to use large quantities of Nappies you may well want to consider buying in bulk as this really does reduce the price and you then have the internet option ! wow that really made my life easy as all I do now is order online and they usually arrive next day and have (so far) always been discreetly wrapped up so no one can see you are having Nappies delivered.

I hope this gives you courage to go forth and BUY !

Best of luck :whistling:

Also make sure they are the right size to for someone of "about my waist size" :blush:

"BE HAPPY IN YOUR NAPPY" :P

Hi, trevorcaissie1985,

I had a funny experience that cured me of being nervous about buying supplies. I was in a drug store and approached the checkout with my adult diapers. There was a line and I had to wait. When it was my turn, there was no price on the package and the cashier got on the loudspeaker and announced to the whole store that she needed the price of the "Super Absorbent Adult Care Briefs," or whatever they were called. I just about fell through the floor. But the funny thing was, I looked around and nobody was laughing or even looking at me. Nobody cared! I held my head up, paid for my purchase, walked out of the store and enjoyed my diapers.

Sometimes I make sure that I have several items if I feel self-conscious. Other times I feel bold enough to tell the cashier that I don't need a bag and carry the package out for all to see. I am small enough to fit Goodnites, so sometimes I buy girl's Goodnites and then everyone thinks I'm getting them for my daughter. It really isn't anyone else's business. Buy them and enjoy! It gets easier each time you do it.

-D_Rainger

Nobody cares what your buying, as long as you have the money, I know it's hard you feel like you are the only one, Know what you want, and the size you want, be careful not to pick up, the wrong size.

A dry run is good, you can go in and buy something near where the diapers are, and read the packages and see what you want, the terminolgy, on the package is important, like fitted breifs, that what you are looking for, unless you want a pull up style.

Just remember you are the coustomer, If they give you any greif, go somplace else, walk in like you own the place, pick up what you want and leave, it sounds harder than it is, everything will go OK...B

Just remember you are the coustomer, If they give you any greif, go somplace else, walk in like you own the place, pick up what you want and leave, it sounds harder than it is, everything will go OK...B

:o But don't forget to stop at the checkout and pay for them first, or you may attract a lot of unwanted attention!

D :whistling: lly

I can be more embarrasing to order over the internet, and have a big box delivered to your home, apt, ect, and have them set there with the manufactures information all over it for anyone to see. After awhile going to a store and buying will be no big deal.

If you're nervous, just buy the diapers in one place and anything else you need (wipes, powder, rash cream etc.) at another. That way, you won't be walking around the store with anything embarassing. Visualize the transaction: You go into the store, find the diaper aisle, pick up the package, walk to the front of the store, smile at the cashier, pay, and leave. I've had my fair share of embarassed gaze-averting, but it has pretty much stopped bothering me. I've never had anyone say anything to me regarding my purchase. Just go ahead and do it; the more you act nervous and walk around, the more you'll prolong your embarassment and possibly attract attention--not that anyone else will really care. Best of luck!

I remember when I first bought diapers. I was really nervous. I wasn't really embarrassed. But after buying more supplies I found out that being confident is a plus. Never let your head hang. Keep your head up and if someone looks at you just smile. I have been seen buying diapers from young guys to young girls to older guys and older girls. They never laughed or anything.

Paranoia (sp?) is the worse enemy...

My suggestions would be if you can is, to act like you own the place/that you belong where ever you are at.

2nd. it may help to have just a "little" bit of false-courage, a few beers couldn't hurt (but don't be whacked) just to ease the tension of your nerves.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember buying them for the first time too.. don't worry bout being nervous.. I remember after buying them I realized no-one even asked me about them or even said anything at the counter. Everyones right.. no-one cares who's buying them.. may get looks from a few, but looks can't kill you so ignore it.

This may not apply to this situation, but for those who it really doesn't matter if you go across town or two towns away, you still end up running into someone you know. I would wait til I had that long list of shopping I had to do and once I was finished went to the diaper isle and barried the pack of diapers in my cart. After about 2 years of buying diapers, the nervousness wore off for me. Now I just go in and buy them when I want them.

But if all else fails, get a diaper friend to buy them for you. lol I can't count how many times I have bought diapers for someone else because they couldn't get over the nervousness.

~ABMeshell (o:~

This may not apply to this situation, but for those who it really doesn't matter if you go across town or two towns away, you still end up running into someone you know. I would wait til I had that long list of shopping I had to do and once I was finished went to the diaper isle and barried the pack of diapers in my cart. After about 2 years of buying diapers, the nervousness wore off for me. Now I just go in and buy them when I want them.

But if all else fails, get a diaper friend to buy them for you. lol I can't count how many times I have bought diapers for someone else because they couldn't get over the nervousness.

~ABMeshell (o:~

Hope tis will help some, If you have a walmart superstore in your area, they have self checkout, you just pick you diapers and go to self check out it takes cash and credit, and debit cards.

The first time i bought some Pampers from a shop i was really nervous and what made it worse is i had some wet wipes, but i didn't see the sign that said "buy one get one free" - so there i am at the checkout waiting for absolutely ages while someone who's apparently worked there for 10 minutes goes and fetches the other packet.. that really tested my nerves.. i was on the verge of being the first person in the shop's history to say "i don't want a free one!!"

Then the first time ordering attends online i didn't know what to expect so i was hovering over the "Pay" button for a while, physically shaking from the thought of my dad finding a box with "Adult Nappies" etc emblazened over it. Luckily they came in a grey plastic bag so nobody could tell what was inside.

Since then i've been fine so i wouldn't worry about it too much ;)