LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Baby Powder

I have recently found out that if you are using baby powder made from talc, you could get very sick. The particles brake up real small and get stuck inside your lungs. Talc may cause cancer. Please take your time to read the information on talc, http://www.preventcancer.com/consumers/cosmetics/talc.htm .When you have a healthy and fun diapered time, use baby powder that not made from talc.

everything causes cancer, IMhumbleO.

If we didn't eat/drink/use/consume anything that had been tenuously declared 'carcinogenic', then we'd live a pretty boring existence IMO.

Talc is one of the most common minerals on earth. Yeah, it would doubtless be pretty nasty if you were to breathe it in intentionally but spreading a bit on your butt ain't gonna do you no harm. I go by my usual rule on this one: "If it's good enough for a baby's bum, it's good enough for mine." :P

Wikipedia says:

"Several studies have established preliminary links between talc and pulmonary issues, lung cancer, skin cancer and ovarian cancer. This is a major concern considering talc's widespread commercial and household use. However, no conclusive study has yet been made to determine either the toxicity and/or carcinogenic nature of talc and the long history of safe use suggests that these concerns are unfounded."

I'm a 48-year-old guy who's already had a heart attack, testicular cancer and two years ago almost died of pneumonia. (I'm currently fine on all counts.) For 25 years I drank and ingested almost every recreational drug known to man. (Now clean for 4 years, and just enjoy my Sam Adams.) By all accounts, I'm very fortunate to be alive.

I'll take my chances with the baby powder. That wonderful sweet-smelling stuff is one of life's purest simple pleasures!

you can use powder that is made up of constarch. i do, and it isn't any more expensive. in fact, it's right next to the talcum powder shaker in the pharmacy. there's no discernable difference between the two in terms of feel and smell, but i'd take the one that hasn't been suspected of leading to cancer over the one that has.

Corn starch is bad news. Corn starch feeds the fungi (diaper rash). That has been my finding.

Being alive causes cancer.

you can use powder that is made up of constarch. i do, and it isn't any more expensive. in fact, it's right next to the talcum powder shaker in the pharmacy. there's no discernable difference between the two in terms of feel and smell, but i'd take the one that hasn't been suspected of leading to cancer over the one that has.

just look at your hands after using baby powder. I recently used a sample size Johnson's talc and my hands afterward appeared to have a shiney filmy coating on them, but when I use cornstarch there appears only a little powder left on my hands which wipes off easily. I think the cornstarch powder sold for 99cents by Target to be the best for value/smell.