LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Now I Know What It's Like

Due to a massive groin infeciton, I had a catheter in for the last month.

They took it out this afternoon (horribly painful and traumatic, it'd been causing me major spasms as well), and I've wet myself twice since i got home, both seemed more urge based. I have been having problems with bladder spasms, major ones and have been on an anti-spasmodic for it.

Anyone have any experience? The urologist assured me that anything would be temporary and minor, and both wettings were while bladder muscles were under stress

Needless to say I've gone to my stash and diapered up now, but I'm concerned. Can people with experience help assuay my fears?

A catheter is usually bad news. A catheter can cause a serious infection.

You could have requested diapers instead.

Did the doc give you any antibiotics?

Due to a massive groin infeciton, I had a catheter in for the last month.

They took it out this afternoon (horribly painful and traumatic, it'd been causing me major spasms as well), and I've wet myself twice since i got home, both seemed more urge based. I have been having problems with bladder spasms, major ones and have been on an anti-spasmodic for it.

Anyone have any experience? The urologist assured me that anything would be temporary and minor, and both wettings were while bladder muscles were under stress

Needless to say I've gone to my stash and diapered up now, but I'm concerned. Can people with experience help assuay my fears?

He was worried about the urethra swelling shut, and it was a real concern trust me, I could feel it. Plus with the open wounds in the diaper area I don't think urine was the best thing for them. The guy seems to know what he's doing from what I can see.

Yes he gave me antibiotics.

Guest diamondback688

yea...catheters really suck...i actually tried one with a leg bag once...i lasted 2 days...then i just said screw it and went back to my diaspers...

I personally would refuse to be catherized. However I thought from what I read in the past that they need to sometimes to keep a record of the bladder function.

Being a DL it could be something you want instead of being something so painful.

Phil

I personally would refuse to be catherized. However I thought from what I read in the past that they need to sometimes to keep a record of the bladder function.

Being a DL it could be something you want instead of being something so painful.

Phil

Well, I wasnt' given a choice, I was out cold on an operating table, and honestly I think medically it was a good idea

• 2 weeks later...

If there is a chance your urethra could swell shut, you want the catheter. I heard a patient having a catheter inserted after a surgical procedure when that happened. Trust me, take the catheter.

Yes he gave me antibiotics.

You'll want to consider taking acidophilous to recharge your system with beneficial bacteria. You need this type of bacteria in your body for many reasons.

I had a catheter when I was in the hospital, too. It was painful toward the end. You should be healing pretty good by now.

I probably had catheters during the two surgeries I've undergone, but I don't remember it if I did. But I have experienced urge incontinence. My senopr year in high school, I got a bladder infection. I spent several weeks, barely able to hold my urine until I could rush to the bathroom between classes. And, I wet my pants two times as I walked home. I was a TB by then, and sometimes, I deliberately pooped in my pantson the way home, but peeing in them was different. Everyone could see that I'd wet myself. They had to be close to tell I'd pooped in my pants. I finally went to the doctor. He put me on antibiotics, and gave me a note for school to show to my teachers so that they would allow me to go to the bathroom immediately if I asked. My full control came back within 2 weeks, but I definitely would not wish to be truely incontinent now.