LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do You Wear Lgasses Or Contacts?

Ford Freak

I wear a contact in my right eye most of the time. I have a hard time reading the top letter on the chart even when it is corrected. I can read 20/15 with my left eye but they say it is 20/25 or 20/30 for some reason. I don't wear one on my left eye beause the +.25 or +.50 strength contacts are hard to get. I wear glasses about one day every two weeks to give my right eye a rest and breath for a day.

My right eye has been that bad for as long as I can remember. It might not be so bad if it was caught when I was young. I guess I have lazy eye in my right eye. It sucks because I had wanted to be a pilot. I was working on my private pilots license until I joined the AF. I had a hard enough time getting my student license.

:badmood: Take out the mad face and insert a sad one in its place to understand how I felt about not being able to be a military pilot.

Where did the poll go??? It didn't even post.

Well, if/when the poll goes up, I'll go in for a "glasses" vote... been wearing them since I was about 10. (I'm nearsighted, don't need em to read, but everything else.) Natch, I hated wearing them for the first few years, the big black-framed classic geeker, and yeah sometimes had tape on the bridge-- I was forever busting them... Anyway, I mowed a lot of lawns and saved up enough for some cooler-looking wire-rims (circa 1973), and that's what I've worn ever since...

About twenty years ago i tried contacts, but didn't like 'em... by then, I didn't like how I looked WITHOUT glasses! Wow. And not only that, but now I'm thinking of getting a pair of the clunky old geek frames again, just for fun... I can work that look now! :lol:

wv

I didn't need them till about 45, and after that I wore them for years, and then I developed cateracts, could barly read with glasses, Had implants put in one eye, one year, and the next year the other. they did the weakest eye first.

Now I wear a pair of reading glasses for the computer, and small work, like working on my cars.

I considered having lasek, but my eye doc. says why bother, just to put on a pair of 15 dollar, cheapie drug store glasses when you need them. @ 15 bucks I don't care if they are scratched, I just toss them away, and get another pair.

I keep a pair by the computer, and one pair in each of my cars, and if they get broke no big deal.

I have had to wear glasses for stuff like watching TV and reading off the board at school since I was 12. But I didn't really like wearing them, so I rarely used them.

But I have had to wear them all the time since I was about 15. I am short sighted and I think I have astigmatism in one eye.

I've worn glasses and contacts for over 25 years. My eyesight is terrible and I believe the last reading was 20-575, corrected to 20-25. My astigmatisim is very bad as well and my glasses are coke bottle thick, I haven't had glasses in about 15 years. I remember getting contacts when I was 16, back before they had soft ones, boy those were a pain! Turn your eye and blink....and boing! out it shot, hands and knees on the floor searching around...uggghhhh!

Glasses to me are a pain, coming in and out of the rain or cold, waking up at night and not being able to see. Swimming, kissing, breaking them, losing them..but to each thier own I guess.

I couldn't live without my contacts, just waking up at night to look at the clock, to me is worth it. Not to mention the cost. My contacts cost me about 10 bucks for 4 months use, and if I lose one I always have a spare, in glove box, work or home. With the new advances in the last years contacts are effortless to wear. The last time I priced a decent set of glasses was over $300.

But a couple of quick facts I learned, don't buy the ones for astigmatisim the tend to shift around in your eye when you blink and blur vision till they find their home spot. ( I have it and can see okay without them).

Second my eye doctor told me this one. I used to by the extended wear (yearly kind) and they cost about $180. He told me to buy the disposibles, which cost $25 for a box of 6, to which I get about 4 months use outta two. HE said the material was exactly the same composite (Well close enough % wise) factoring in your prescription changes about every two years, the cost savings to glasses or extended wear contacts is staggering over the course of your life, now if I could just adjust those savings to spending $1000 to have my eyes zapped by a laser, I'd really be better off :P

Wow you haven't?? I wear Acuvue, and they are for extended wear. Granted I know your not suppose to do this but sometimes I go for months without taking them out. Most eye doctors will tell you no more than a few days, but my eyes don't seem to attack them as much with protein deposits as others I guess. There are Lots of brands that you can wear overnight, I even have different colors so I can change my eyes from blue, to green, to purple. Every once and awhile I put different colors in my eyes then later I switch them, to see if anyone notices...hey I am a baby, gotta play!

Me too, as I'm far-sighted. For many years, it wasn't possible to get contact lenses for my particular eyesight problem and when they developed suitable ones, I toyed with the idea of swapping but by then, everyone said they were so used to seeing me in my specs, that I looked 'odd and starey' without them.

D O-O lly

Guest diamondback688

i wear glasses at the moment...i keep meaning to make an appointment with my eye doctor to discuss lasik or something similar, but i keep forgetting...

• 2 weeks later...