LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Questions bout diaper covers & such

I dunno if this is the right place but here goes. I am missing the feeling of underwear but NEED my diapers. So I thought I'll get cloth covers! Problem is I can't find ones I like. Anyone have suggestions? I wanna get some printed ones and plain ones. Cloth preferred. Also I like it when my diaper is thick. Anybody ever tried the Velcro diapers? Are they good?

People do make diaper covers with cloth on the outside and waterproof material o the inside. The problem is those are difficult to maintain. I suggest simply wearing ordinary cloth panties over your diaper. When you wear cloth diapers, cover those with waterproof panties, and then cover those with decorated cloth panties.

Babykins and other firms make cloth diapers with Velcro-like tabs. Almost always such diapers are made of cotton flannel, sometimes with terry-cloth soakers. The downside to Velcro is the difficulty washing it. The loop-part of the Velcro gets full of lint, so after awhile the fastening is not reliable. For that reason I use pinned diapers. This makes washing the diapers easier and more efficient.

• Like 1

When did they become "diaper covers"? We always called them rubber panties or, much later, "plastic panties". Most people still call them "rubber panties"

You can use the "shop" link in my siggie to find them

Two things here -

Panties worn over diaper (covers) - you can but probably you will have to go up a size or two depending on how much you stack your diapers or their bulkiness.

Thinking of 'Granny' panties as the best solution !

And Velcro - I have found on Velcro mated garments just mate the pieces of Velcro together before throwing in the wash reducing the area of lint accumulation.

Sometimes they come apart in the wash but not all that often.

When

My advice, go with what has worked for 80+ years, and is the simplest to use and care for, well-sized rubber or plastic panties: pull-on or snap-on my review page explains what, how and how come. Nothing works like what works

I'm with Angela, go the regular route and cover with whatever else you prefer. Lined or covered waterproof panties are troublesome to care for and one part or the other often wears out quickly rendering the whole thing unusable. My limited experience with PUL (cheap Salk panties) was horrible but maybe batter more durable grades are available.

A velcro washing tip: Get some velcro of the same width from a fabric store, cut it to length, then attach it to the other half when washing the garment. That keeps it covered and is less likely to become removed from place in the wash. When done place the tapes in a small plastic dish to dry on their own and to grab and use for the next laundering.

Bettypooh

10 hours ago, Bettypooh said:

I'm with Angela, go the regular route and cover with whatever else you prefer. Lined or covered waterproof panties are troublesome to care for and one part or the other often wears out quickly rendering the whole thing unusable. My limited experience with PUL (cheap Salk panties) was horrible but maybe batter more durable grades are available.

A velcro washing tip: Get some velcro of the same width from a fabric store, cut it to length, then attach it to the other half when washing the garment. That keeps it covered and is less likely to become removed from place in the wash. When done place the tapes in a small plastic dish to dry on their own and to grab and use for the next laundering.

Bettypooh

Salk pants are a horrible adaptation for PUL. They leaked on me all of the time too. If you ever want to test out PUL again, I'd recommend you go with the Gary Activewear PUL pants. They have worked great for me, and last the longest by far.

Such diaper covers - or pants are actually very easy to make; if you look in my photo albums you will see several overpants that I have made, along with rompers and sleepers.

• Like 1