LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Is War The Next Step?

i checked out yahoo news this morning

and discovered that North Korea had

detonated a nuclear device close to

the russian/korean border. i don't know

much of the details. but what do all of

you think the next step is? will sanctions

be a proper answer, or military action??

they didn't "aim" the wmd at another

country, but kim jong il seems hell bent

on starting a war.

I'm sure this will be moved to another forum, however in the mean time...

China and Korea will never stop their food and oil aid and begin a complete embargo. If they did this it would destabilize N. Korea very quickly. The population would begin to move into neighbouring China and Korea which would destabilize S. Korea and cause major issues for China.

As for military action this is definitely out. The first time S. Korea and the US try any military action this would be an end to the ceasefire and N. Korea could start tossing chemical weapons. The capital Seoul and approx 50% of the S. Korean population live within artillery range of the boarder. Once war commences you can say goodbye to most of the S. Korean population.

economic sanctions are supposedly the reason that N. Korea moved ahead with it's nuclear program, and withdrew from the 6 nation talks in the first place. If we impose more sanctions, they will only continue on the path they have chosen. I don't see a military response from the U.S. as probable, however, I think that we will see some posturing and flexing from other countries surrounding N. Korea, and we will see some cold war type posturing here in the U.S. Taiwan and Japan have already stated that they may move forward with a nuclear program if N. Korea were to have a successful test of a nuclear weapon. They are already nervous about the 7 missile launch from N. Korea back in July of this year.

i don't think that there is anything that

anyone can do (other than N. Korea)

which would have a positive outcome

without casualties. if it were up to me

i would say diplomacy first! Pres. Bush

needs to set differences asside and meet

with Kim Jong Il to start resolving the underlying

issues so that he will return to the six party talks.

I found some nuclear kim jong il footage. Lo and behold:<br><br>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK4s9gwgUvs"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK4s9gwgUvs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK4s9gwgUvs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I really don't think anyone in their right mind would even consider military action against N. Korea.

For one thing the DMZ (De-Militarized Zone) between North and South Korea would within minutes, probably even seconds become an EMZ (Extremely Militarized Zone)!. and there would surely be way more civilian casualties then military men - basically that whole area would most likely be a huge blood-bath - not to mention the strain that would in turn be put on China, Japan, and other surrounding nations if the N. Korean government was to fall - and even if it didn't (not likely, but if it did somehow survive) those other nations would have so many refugees from N. Korea they most likely could not support it for anywhere near as long as would be needed.

As for actually putting an end to the problem - all Mr. Il has been asking all along is a personal meeting with Mr. Bush to directly discuss other issues involving the US and N. Korea - I don't see what the big deal about that is, in fact, regardless of hoe Mr. Bush feels about Mr. Il personally, it seems to me that it would be much easier to smooth differences out in person than through a third-party, and it certainly wouldn't hurt anything.

And last, my personal thought - NO ONE should have ANY WMDs at all! In my opinion any WMD is not a legitimate fighting weapon, they are terror tactics, because of the fact that no matter how carefully aimed, exc. they WILL effect more civilians than military personal. AND as long as you have even one such weapon, you are a hypocrite if you insist anyone else not have them - basically, if you want to start that, destroy ALL the WMDs you have first - DO NOT keep even one warhead!

Been there and done that. When I was very young there was this thing called the Cuban Missile Crices. JFK was preseident. We use to have bomb drills in school because we all thought we were gonna get nuked. I still remember the Duck and Cover films. America will get through this. Korea is much further away than Cuba.

From looking at yau'lls profile, none of you are old enough to remember the Bay of Pigs.

on starting a war.

I wouldn't worry about it. Kim Jong Il pissed off Russia and China too. Just checked the Drudge page and the headline reads "Was it a dud?"

The UN will probably slap Il's little hand and send him to bed without his supper, in the meantime Russia and China :boxing: will probably make life very hard for the little dictator.

I really doubt the US will do anything other than sactions and place our existing troops on the NK/SK boarder as we are heavily involved in Iraq and will probably be for at least 8 - 10 more years.

Personally, I think Russia and China ought to do a little nuclear test on Kim Jong Il's palace. Let's see how long the little a$$h*le glows. :thumbsup:

Stay Pampered

on starting a war.

Now there are real discussions that both S. Korea and Japan may begin their own nuclear wepons program. Experts say Japan could have its own nuclear wepons within 6 months.

And that isn't the weak little A-bomb the N. Koreans built. This would be a sophisticated multi-warhead, fusion reaction wepon like the big boys have.

A nuclear wepons build-up in North East Asia. How long would it take till that race spreads?

bboy, Abe said that Japan had absolutely

no intentions of developing any sort of

nuclear weapon. japan is a passive country

and even through all of this, they intend to

remain as such.

as for the nuclear detonation being a dud,

experts say that they won't know for sure

for approximately two weeks.

as for me i'm really concerned now that kim jong

il has stated that he can and will direct a WMD at

washington if the USA won't sit down and talk.