LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Jane Horrocks Playing Lady Macbeth On Stage....

Jane Horrocks, probably best known as Bubbles, the useless secretary in Absolutely Fabulous is being interviewed on Radio 4 right now.

She just revealed how she managed to pee her pants every night (as the stage production script required) while playing Lady Macbeth.

When asked by the interviewer how she managed it, she said it was "easy" - she drank lots of water in the interval and right on cue "It just happened."

D :) lly

Could you imagine the interview for that gig?

Director: "Ok...at the end of act 4, scene 3 I want you to wet your pants."

Actor: "You want me to do what?"

Director: "Piss youself!"

Actor: "Go f*ck yourself!!!"

I don't remember that part either, but then again I did it in school about six or seven years ago, and we only did certain parts of it.

Did they have to carry on with the play with the puddle on the stage? Or was there like a break or something right after that so someone could clean it up?

I studied "The Scottish Play" (as it's called in the acting orofession - it's considered bad karma to use its original title) at school and I've seen a number of stage productions - and no, I've never seen the Lady pee herself in any of those productions, but I did say in my post "as the stage production script required".

The productions I've seen have all been true to the original language but have differed enormously in their setting (e.g. one was set in the 1960's) and the way in which emotion is portrayed has varied considerably according to each individual Director.

I'm only guessing here, as I didn't see this particular production (London, Old Vic) but if you're familiar with it, you'll know that Lady M gets in a right old two & eight towards the end of the play, so the director must have felt peeing herself was a good way to express it and add to the emotional climax, or something like that ;)

D :) lly