LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

T510 Lenovo Thinkpad for sale

I have another T510 model laptop for sale with Windows 7 Pro, Bootable Media. Shipped to the lower 48 states 225.00 via paypal. These are used. Ive sold one to Boston_Daddy and he can tell you it was a good steal.

Are US laptops compatible over here in the UK? I know video game consoles and DVD players and stuff don't work, are laptops the same?

In general, no that are not. The UK and Europe use a 50hz wave form for their voltage (think sine wave with gaps between each repeating wave). The US has a 60hz Frequency which has tighter gaps between those sine Waves.

Another way to look at it would be bumps on the road. The 50hz has a bigger distance between them, but the 60hz has smaller gaps in order to fit the more bumps within the same distance. Drive over 50 bumps and your will feel each one unless you have a very robust suspension. Drive over 60 bumps and it will feel more like a rumble even with a light suspension.

This lesser impact with 60hz hits electronics a lot less than 50zh. Any computer or piece of electronics designed to work on 60hz doesn't need to be as reinforced as one made to work on 50hz. If you do try using a 60hz USA computer in the UK, then you will likely fry it.

Also, some UK electronics can be used in the USA with just a simple plug adapter, but this isn't the case for all of them though, some higher end electronics will still be incompatible.

Of course the 50/60hz difference doesn't really matter for basic electronics like light bulbs, shavers, or phone chargers. Those can be used with plug adapters in either country and will have little effect in the short come. Long term their life may be reduced, so it's generally best to buy for the proper frequency in the country you're using it in.

Sorry for the long post, I wasn't trying to take it over or write a dissertation. I just deal with this from time to time so I know a little about it.

Besides all that mumbo jumbo the cost of shipping to your neck of the woods across the pond would be $$$$$ and after i took 2 hours to load and ship/pay pal taxes it would likely cost more than its worth. Last time I looked they go for 350.00 refurbished on newegg and tigerdirect.