LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Might Be Moving To San Francisco Need Advice

I've received a job offer in San Francisco, but I'm trying to figure out if it is a good offer, and what it is like to live in San Francisco. Can anyone offer any advice? What does it really cost to live there?( my impression is that it's $1500+ for a one bedroom.) What's the weather like?

I've flown up to interview, and saw a bit of the area, but it would sure be nice to hear from any of you that live there. Even better if you have lived there, and Los Angeles, and can compare the two.

Thanks for the help in advance,

babychrise

I've received a job offer in San Francisco, but I'm trying to figure out if it is a good offer, and what it is like to live in San Francisco. Can anyone offer any advice? What does it really cost to live there?( my impression is that it's $1500+ for a one bedroom.) What's the weather like?

I've flown up to interview, and saw a bit of the area, but it would sure be nice to hear from any of you that live there. Even better if you have lived there, and Los Angeles, and can compare the two.

Thanks for the help in advance,

babychrise

As far as the weather in San Francisco, it is pretty much as nice as you're going to get (and depends on what part of the bay area you actually live in). The term micro-climate correctly describes what you get in San Francisco Bay Area. In the summer I've heard KCBS (Local news radio) give a weather report of 60 degrees in San Francisco, 80 degrees in San Jose, and 100 in Walnut Creek. We also do not get any rainy days from June to October. In the winter we get about three to twelve rainy weeks, which will be spaced out between November and June. If it isn't raining, the weather is generally nice (we complain that it is cold if it gets below 50).

The cost of living is unreal! Buying a house is going to cost you a small fortune (and that is for a shack, if it is nice you need an inheritance). Rents depend on what part of the bay you live in. They are more reasonable in the East Bay, and Manhattan-like in the City.

Guest diapered469

Parking is a nightmare in the city, but it also has a tremendous public transit system. Comapred to LA, there is no public transit there and the traffic is a nightmare.

It's generally pretty foggy a lot of the fall-spring, and even some of the summer, but the rain isn't too bad and it doesn't get too cold.

There are plenty of ops for shared housing that won't cost you quite as much money. But if you're looking for your own place, I would take the poster above me's advice and find a place outside city and transit in.

I would take SF over LA any day though: nicer, more open-minded people, less traffic, less spread-out, etc.

Good luck.

Guest diamondback688

ive never lived in SF, so i cant give you much advice on housing, but i can tell you that it is a really nice city...ive heard it is pretty expensive for housing though...

Thanks for the advice guys. Looks like it is more than probable that I will be moving to San Francisco. I'm going to miss all the friends in LA, but it sounds like SF is a neat city, and from what I saw of it during my interview, it is much less polluted than LA, and the people seem to be more active.