LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

"Mommy blog" - Incontinence is a good thing XD

I ran across this while looking for AB stories I hadn't read before. I doubt she would agree with our lifestyle, but she outright says "Potty training should be banned." Mostly, she's ranting about how hard training can be when your child isn't ready yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that most younger parents (that I talk to anyway) are a lot more open-minded than the parents of 40 years ago. Looking back, I was fairly lucky to have a mom and dad who let me take my time with it, I was nearly 4 and still had occasional accidents for years, but that's what it took for me, and every kid is a little different. B'sides, Toilets are overrated. ^_^

Don't potty train when your kid isn't ready. It's easier to train them when they are. My son was very easy to train all of a sudden when he figured it out. I just did it at his pace and kept trying to work with him. Setting an age for when you want your kids out of diapers by will lead you to big disappointment and frustration. There is no competition for who can get their kid out of diapers the quickest. Fuck what other parents or none parents think if your kid is still in them at two and a half or three years of age. I even wonder how parents managed to get their kids out of diapers so soon and my mom thinks that is probably why so many kids wet the bed. I have read in parenting about potty training a kid before they are ready can lead to bed wetting in the future.

• Like 2

I was one of the kids who was rushed out of diapers, and even my actual incontinence did not get me back in them- I was just left to suffer. Potty training is useful for our society so I don't think 'never' is an option unless it's needed, but I agree that it shouldn't be rushed :thumbsup: When you get right down to it, there is no way to force more actual maturity on anyone who isn't ready for it, and all that can be acheived in trying to do that is to cause much unneeded stress on the child which will resurface in a bad way somewhere later in their life :o

• Like 1

i have always held the opinion that kids should not be potty trained until they are ready for it, and a cool line i heard once from a parent to a toddler at about 3yo

'i know you don't want to use the potty, but everyone needs to learn how to do it, but once you have shown me that you can use the potty you are quite welcome to choose not to use it any more and you can have your nappies back'

if only all parents had this sort of attitude, i may well have never stopped wearing nappies by my own choice, but be able to use the toilet when its not convenient to use a nappy rather than all the hassle that went with my reintroduction to nappies several years later.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't remember when I was potty trained, but I do remember having A LOT of accidents and being a bedwetter for quite some time. Perhaps it was too soon. I know for sure that I was quite content in my diapers...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have always been in diapers. I was never rushed by my parents. After awhile my mom tried to teach me to go potty before I messed my diaper. If I had to potty, I tried to find a toilet, but mom never complained if I didn't find a toilet.

• 8 years later...

Mine gave up toilet training me when I was 2 because I would pee in my pants and didn't want to get my potty chair dirty. Then when I was 3, I decided to quit wearing them. My mom went to work with me wearing them and came home with me not wearing them and it was wonderful news for her. Now I was in training pants and I used my potty chair a lot. But I still had lot of accidents. 

• Like 1