LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Could depression be the reason why I want to wear a Diaper?

No! Depression has nothing to do with being an ABDL! You are born an ABDL and can not help your feelings, just like being an homosexual you are born that way. Depression has nothing to do with it.

I didn't even get interested in diapers until I was nine. Before that, I had no interest or desire to wear and I thought then wearing them is uncomfortable and having to sit in your mess.

I have been diagnosed with depression and is currently on the strongest dose, heat/summer makes my depression worse, so when it gets colder I\ll prolly go down a notch again

I've fought with episodes of depression in the past, and have enough sense to know that telling somebody may or may not be clinically depressed to "Get on with life!"

• Like 2

OK... so here's another 2 cents.

I had no "trauma" in childhood and had always viewed my childhood as very good. Going into therapy when my wife insisted because she discovered I was wearing diapers, I started realizing how much in denial I've been all my life.

Though the two are seperate, there can be a relationship. One of the things I learned during therapy to treat my depression is that I was repressing feelings, and that when you do this it depresses you emotionally which amplifies the physical part of depression. So perhaps the OP was repressing ABDL desires and in that way the two are related. One does not necessarily cause the other but there is an effect ;) Once you address the repressed desires things can change how they affect you- diapers can become part of your 'coping mechamism' to offset episodes of depression adding to the relationship between the two. And if like me you decide to go 24/7 diapered, the lack of diapers can become a 'trigger' for episodes of depression :( There's a lot of facets to this and a lot of individual connections which may not parallel what others experience, but I think we will all agree that there can be and usually is a connection of some kind here with each of us.

I think we have all agreed with that. Clinical Depression is something that requires professional care and monitoring even if that ends up being self-help and self-monitoring in the end ;) It needs to start with that care, it is not a DIY project until you understand how it works with you personally and it is determined that you can manage without further assistance and Meds. So wearing diapers can be a coping mechanism, a trigger of a guilt complex, or something unrelated and until that is analyzed you need that professional assistence and advice tailered specifically for you.