LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

measuring for cloth diapers

Timmerg

I agree with BR. For prefolds, go close to your usual waist size. With stuffers or doubled, you'll appreciate having the extra room. Also, fastening closer together allows you to use a Snappi rather than pins. For flats, I recommend squares that are about 2x your waist size. These will fold in all the standard patterns for infants without running short on any side. Of course, this is all a matter of preference and comfort. BR and I are just giving you suggestions that work for us that can be a starting point for you. Be open to making your own adjustments and enjoy the ride.

• 1 month later...

I make my own cloth diapers by ordering diaper flannel online, cutting it to size, and sewing a hem on the front and back edges. To measure, I started with a big towel that I put on like a diaper. Then I decided where it was too long or short, or too wide or narrow. Measure the towel, then fold it to the dimensions that fit you, measure it again and subtract that amount once you find a good fit. I am 5'4" tall with a 38" waist and make diaper "flats" (not prefolded) that are 27" wide (the width of the diaper flannel I buy) and about 37" long before hemming. That size fits me fine. Hope you can judge your size compared to mine and calculate it from there.