LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Another person traveling towards Incontinence

I just got my order of dry 24/7's *squee* :) I appreciate it being thinner because it was never a practical diaper prior unless you wore a heavy coat. This feels like an abena m4 in thickness dry, maybe a smidge thinner. It needs to hold half again as much as an abena to justify the extra cost for me as an all day diaper. I am testing it now and hope for a lot after the long wait. Having a diaper that can take beating after beating reals swells the confidence in trusting the diaper.

Spargano

Last night I wet the diaper like crazy but it took it all. It did feel like it clumped up a bit so extended wettings outside without something to hold the diaper close to the body would probably not be advised.

So it is a phenomenal sleep diaper (at least for me), but I would recommend also skin protection because I felt irritation on my scrotum which usually only happens from long exposure to urine (or from not wiping sufficiently between changes). Different diapers pull the liquid differently and I recall dry24 not doing that great a job before. Their odor protection also lacked previously. Given I was pushing fluids yesterday it is inconclusive for the odor control.

I also wore them this morning on my flight to Chicago. I was able to walk and wet easily because of the tight seal at the legs, something the previous generation seemed to balk at.

So far though, between abena and dry24 I love dry, but at 20 cents more per diaper....

Still, now that summer is here it will be time to go back to tenas for discretion, so either way it looks like my diaper bills will go up. I look forward to seeing, once I have lost significant weight if I can wear the dry 24's without worry about bulk.

Spargano

For some reason this morning, despite wetting twice in the night and only drinking 2 bottles of water, I flooded my diaper and it leaked into the bed pad. Glad I bright t with me to Chicago.

But this does mean that dry24 has limits and still requires cloth and plastic pants over it to be truly secure.

I need to look into high back pul pants...

Spargano

Spargano,

I have also been dealing with hemorrhoids for many years and fully appreciate the problem that a diaper causes when you need to scratch an itchy bum. I've found that a very effective way to prevent hemorrhoid flareups is to use a baby wipe to very thoroughly clean the rectal area after each bowel movement. Baby wipes are less irrigating than toilet paper, and they make it possible to clean the area more thoroughly.

• Like 1

Spargano,

I have also been dealing with hemorrhoids for many years and fully appreciate the problem that a diaper causes when you need to scratch an itchy bum. I've found that a very effective way to prevent hemorrhoid flareups is to use a baby wipe to very thoroughly clean the rectal area after each bowel movement. Baby wipes are less irrigating than toilet paper, and they make it possible to clean the area more thoroughly.

I second them downplaying the recovery for hemmorohids. I've had three really bad ones that were remove on two separate occasions. Both times they got to the point where they were painful all of the time. The recovery was extremely painful for a month but then got better. In the long run getting them removed is much better, but it's still a lot to go through.

I don't know whether baby wipes are less irritating than the flushable ones. I've never tried flushable wipes. You might want to try various brands of baby wipes; they're not all the same. My favourite is Papers Baby Fresh.

Unfortunately, the only "cure" for hemorrhoids is surgery. And even then, you may still develop new ones. However, many people are able successful enough in preventing flareups that surgery is never really necessary. In addition to thorough cleaning after each bowel movement, it's important to eat sufficient fibre in your diet.

When mine were flaring up really bad I did use flushable baby wipes. I guess they were about the same gentelness as regular wipes. I also have a script for proctozone cream (for lubricating and reducing swelling). I also had a script for Proctofoam when they got really, really bad (for numbing and softer stools).

All combined it did make my hemorrhoids less painful and even manageable. For me, that was just a stop gap Though until I could get them removed surgically.

I was knocked out for the surgery. After waking, my rear was extremely sore. I was given strong pain meds and stool softener which you will also want. I also opted for doing a bowels flush like with a colonoscopy. This was so I didn't have a bm for the first few days which let me heal better. Any bm afterwards will be painful. Also make sure you have a soft pillow or donut you can sit on afterwards too.

Expect not to sit for very much for the first couple of weeks. You can go back to work a week or so after the surgery, but you will still be in pain back there so don't expect to want to do very much. For the first month or two after the surgery stay away from anything that can constipate you, such as red meat or nuts. You will be given some medicated cream too. Try to keep clean by doing a sits bath or shower two or three times a day, and use the cream liberally.

Remember, this surgery will be more painful than your hemorrhoids worst day. It will only last for a month though (maybe two), and will heal very slowly over that time. After a while you can expect to not be bothered by it any more, and finally be ok again. Alternatively, you can keep dealing with the hemmorohid as it will never go away, and keep flaring up from time to time. It's a trade off where at some point you'll just have to decide which one is worse.

yikes. Talk about a rock and a hard place....Given my job i certainly could not take a week off, so I would have to grin and bear.Hopefully I can control flareups like my cyst. That, when I first got it was agony. I was literally screaming in pain when anything touched my tailbone. The day it finally ruptured I was so happy... Ironically enough that was what led to the end of a purge cycle about ten years ago. When the cyst finally burst it was like a super soaker of brown pussy liquid shooting out in my bathroom

Luckily, you have no idea. Between a rock and hard place definitely says it though.

You'd probably be best to wait for some down or sick time and do the surgery when it's convenient for you. Yes its bad, but in the long run it is better.

Good to know. As I've mentioned before, my wife has problems 'back there', being essentially unable to have a BM without significant strain, no matter how soft they are. It's just a case of 'anal retention' as far as anyone can tell, and none of her doctors have been helpful at all. Recently the doc said something about hemorrhoid removal but didn't recommend it. He is looking in to something to make it easier for her, but I'm not hopeful.

As someone who once had a small case of hemmhroids once, let me pass along some general advice ;) First is that BM's should never be 'forced'- that can distend the bowels and cause this (as was my case). If your BM's don't happen wothout strain see your doctor; even a minor case like mine will drive you nuts or worse.Second is that we should all be eating with enough fiber in out diets but most of us are far from that :( The proepr balance between meats and non-meats in your diet should be 15% meat by weight, with as many veggies comprising the other 85% as you can- breads and other carbs aren't terribly necessary in your diet. The key words here are "by weight", and in the US most people have their diets backwards <_<

• 2 weeks later...

So I had a small milestone just now. I was in an airport and had just finished changing my diaper (long delay) and I was waiting for the bathroom to empty, but it wasn't emoting so I swallowed hard and took my diaper to the trash can. A young man gave me a look, but I ignored it. Why should I be ashamed for a disability?

Spargano

That is a biggie Spargano. I used to be a bit embarrassed disposing the disposable in front of someone. Took a while but now I don't care. I've walked out in packed airport restrooms and just tossed it in the trash, wash up and walk out. No one has looked twice (well, that I know of).

Guest fakename7

Same here, even in the movie theater, where the stalls for changing are at one end of a long bathroom, and the only trash can is out in the bathroom's entryway, visible to the main corridor of the theater.

• Like 1

I've been incontinent for many years. So I've had a lot of experience changing diapers in public washrooms located in all kinds of establishments. Eventually, carrying your rolled-up used diaper out of a stall and putting it in the wastebasket becomes more or less routine. If possible, I do it when no one else is around, but I've carried a used diaper past other men in a public washroom many times. And I've never encountered any kind of overt reaction from any of the other men in a washroom.

• 2 weeks later...