Gennie

FIrearms  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own a firearm?

• Yes, I do
    • No, I don't
    • Had some, they're gone
    • I've been thinking about getting one.

Estimates put the number of guns in the United States at over 300 million. Some people fear there will be a shortage.

right now there is a shortage of many types of ammo, especially .22s, it amazes me when I see any of that or various other calibers there.

this is the type of thing rusty pins and I were agreeing about, you want to force your beliefs on everyone like the progun side doesn't have a right, well we do, and no we will not give up our guns, its that simple. if you don't want to have a gun no one is forcing you to get one, so back off on our rights, troll.

I make one post about what I truely think, then you defame me by calling me a troll. Still, no I dont think you have a right to own a gun. You have a liberty to own a gun, which is protected by the current interpretation of the consitution, but that interpretation is debatable. Still, liberties can be infringed upon if those liberties infringe upon other peoples liberties. This is why we have civil rights. This is also why balance for the sake of balance is not balance. Definitely, firearms need more regulation then they have now, because they always seem to find there way into the wrong hands thereby infringing on peoples right to live. Then again, I personally believe that there are no right hands for a firearm, which is why they should be destroyed.

One last thing feralfreak, I replied to your post because you struck one of my nerves trolling yourself. Specifically when you mentioned the studies government funds, because I am involved in research that is funded by the government and your comment was very ignorant and rude.

Should multiple that number with at least 2 cause estimates are rarely correct and many people have more than 1 gun and with how the laws are in the states I would have 10+ guns, just cause I can !

I make one post about what I truely think, then you defame me by calling me a troll. Still, no I dont think you have a right to own a gun. You have a liberty to own a gun, which is protected by the current interpretation of the consitution, but that interpretation is debatable. Still, liberties can be infringed upon if those liberties infringe upon other peoples liberties. This is why we have civil rights. This is also why balance for the sake of balance is not balance. Definitely, firearms need more regulation then they have now, because they always seem to find there way into the wrong hands thereby infringing on peoples right to live. Then again, I personally believe that there are no right hands for a firearm, which is why they should be destroyed.

One last thing feralfreak, I replied to your post because you struck one of my nerves trolling yourself. Specifically when you mentioned the studies government funds, because I am involved in research that is funded by the government and your comment was very ignorant and rude.

oh you think I pointed you out as a troll over one post? uh uh, I remember you in the past saying how you weren't about to listen/watch any video I gave that showed how guns saved lives, on top of that, you say what you said knowing there are responsible gun owners here like you think we should have to agree with you, "I think everyone should have give up their gun", your words, when those guns have never harmed you in the least, you just wanted to piss others off, that is how a troll is, now let me make this clear to you, your fears don't trump our rights, our rights trump your fears, and I DO HAVE the right to own guns, as many as I please, my guns have never hurt or killed anyone, and yet you think I shouldn't have them, its not up to you.

oh you think I pointed you out as a troll over one post? uh uh, I remember you in the past saying how you weren't about to listen/watch any video I gave that showed how guns saved lives, on top of that, you say what you said knowing there are responsible gun owners here like you think we should have to agree with you, "I think everyone should have give up their gun", your words, when those guns have never harmed you in the least, you just wanted to piss others off, that is how a troll is, now let me make this clear to you, your fears don't trump our rights, our rights trump your fears, and I DO HAVE the right to own guns, as many as I please, my guns have never hurt or killed anyone, and yet you think I shouldn't have them, its not up to you.

I don't give a damn that you are involved in a government study, I don't give a damn about you, this nation cannot afford the spending its been doing, and all the spending needs to be re-examined right next to a judicially used chopping block, cut off what aint needed, SUCH AS snail darter studies, there are more important uses for that money, such as oh let me think, the national debt.

I dont recall the first part, but it is a mute argument anyways, because you continue to bully as you have done through the thread.

Your comments pretty much make my case. It is obvious were are at a schism, but consider the fact that I actually do care for you just like I care about the well being of every one. That is why I have made my choices and do what I do. Maybe one day you will understand that knowledge is more powerful then a firearm.

I dont recall the first part, but it is a mute argument anyways, because you continue to bully as you have done through the thread.

Your comments pretty much make my case. It is obvious were are at a schism, but consider the fact that I actually do care for you just like I care about the well being of every one. That is why I have made my choices and do what I do. Maybe one day you will understand that knowledge is more powerful then a firearm.

it aint bullying to point out the truth, which is the only thing ive done, what you did however is bullying, "I want everyone to have to lose their guns!" knowing it will be seen as inflammatory, and knowing it will actually make people LESS safe, because criminals don't care about the law, they only care whether or not they could be shot. you say you care so much about everyone, I don't buy it, I care about rights and of law abiding citizens, and of this nation, what my ancestors fought for in the revolutionary war. its not guns that are the problem, its the laws and the people that gave up trying to teach decency and self discipline, morality. we need to see parents actually parent again, take away the game consoles for a while, give kids after school activities, chores, boundries and be more involved in their lives, their WHOLE LIVES while they are under their roof, know whether or not they are bullying others and take STRONG actions against it, and remember that those kids are representatives of their family and all the parents believe, teach them to uphold the name and not to degrade it, not to shame it. to me that is common sense.

• Like 1

I have been doing ongoing research with my AR15 and 9mm for the past six months. ONLY once did they try and sneak out without supervision, but I reiterated that this study was for them not being supervised and committing a criminal act or a rampage of killing. So far, I am happy to report that neither weapon has been reported to have assaulted anyone and no ammunition has been discharged. I threatened if they did sneak out and I caught them, they would have to go back into the gun safe and both were against and said they would behave and honor my wishes.

I have been doing ongoing research with my AR15 and 9mm for the past six months. ONLY once did they try and sneak out without supervision, but I reiterated that this study was for them not being supervised and committing a criminal act or a rampage of killing. So far, I am happy to report that neither weapon has been reported to have assaulted anyone and no ammunition has been discharged. I threatened if they did sneak out and I caught them, they would have to go back into the gun safe and both were against and said they would behave and honor my wishes.

:lol:

you are not going to be able to get radioactive material, there is no store called nukes are us, and any ammo for a tank would likely be strictly regulated, or prohibitively expensive, and besides, you seem to have missed a point that rusty pins and I both agree on, you cant change a persons mind, my belief that what I have is my business and mine only, get use to it.

And no matter what your belief, there is a point where it isn't just your business no matter what you think about it. I'm not going to try to change your mind, but if you do try to store explosive ordinance designed to level property, you'll find out without any commentary from me.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a disabled Marine, a hunter, I have a concealed carry permit, and I own 9 guns (plus a bow, and a sword).

45/410 revolver

45 rifle

410 shotgun

22 magnum rifle

30-30 rifle

30-06 rifle

12 gauge double barrel heirloom shotgun

12 gauge pump action shotgun

12 gauge long barrel shotgun

Also currently looking to get a long range 308 automatic snipers rifle and a 22 magnum pistol (for my wife), oh and a cross bow.