LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Question

hey everyone, I'm new to the membership of the site, and I have a quick question, anyone have any suggestions on a good first diaper to try? i'm pretty sure I want something cloth, or at least reusable. and realize I am a plus sized woman. with that in mind, suggestions are welcome for where to look for something!

Cloth is a pretty broad category with everything from all-in-ones to traditional non-prefolds. Anything specific appeal to you? I can only speak to AIOs as that was what appealed to me and after trying a few different people/companies ran across Dependco who is fantastic. Might not be what you're looking for though.

hey everyone, I'm new to the membership of the site, and I have a quick question, anyone have any suggestions on a good first diaper to try? i'm pretty sure I want something cloth, or at least reusable. and realize I am a plus sized woman. with that in mind, suggestions are welcome for where to look for something!

Hi and Welcome to Daily Diapers,

Well welcome to Daily Diapers

I have used flat cloth diapers for years and truly love birdseye cloth diapers, they wash and dry very eazly and stand up very well, I have some flat and prefold diapers that are at least 20 years old.

About a year ago I discovered Diaper Rite diapers sold by Diaper Junction that are birdseye flats (large 32" X 32") that fit me to a 'T' love them and they are only $22.00 per dozen. I have a 34" waist and 36" hips and these diapers would fit someone even larger. I usually use 2 of the large diapers and layer them with 2 - 27" X 27" diapers and 2 - Gerber baby prefolds

I think I prefer prefolds myself, which of course still need to be folded some more. I've recently tried a couple of different contoured cloth diapers too but they don't seem to hold/absorb quite as good for me. Either way I also use PUL pants that are a size larger (to fit over the bulky cloth). I've tried regular plastic pants before but those always seemed to leak a lot more often (though they did feel better).