LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Plastic Panties Tight Or Loose?

Guest bedwetter4life

The term for those cool looking loose fitting plastic pants is 'blousing' and if you look at baby pictures from that era they all used to be worn with that blousing look to them ...

Leve it to a girl to understand that

The key to fit is the elastics. Panties with snug fitting elastics, especially at the legs, will stay up and hold the diaper up, too. the fit of the diaper is adjusted above the hips at the waist. if that is right, it will stay up pretty well

That is one thing that makes cloth diapers and rubber panties better thant disposables that say you do not need rubber panties.. With clothe diapers and rubber panties, the waterproof part is larger than the diaper with room to spare. and both the diaper and the panties are held up separately. with paper diapers the waterproof part has no room to spare and when the diaper droops, it takes the waterproof part with it. After 30 years, they still have not perfected the no-rubber panty diaper because they are still bragging about it. If it were accomplished, it would be taken for granted and not be the subject of discussion

Most baby and little girls I knew of did not wear onesies or even rumba/fancy panties

Another reason why you want the panties to be full-cut (bloused) and wide-crotchd is that, rather than use inserts or "soakers" you multiple diaper, Soakers and inserts add extra material between the legs which keeps the wet on one of the most delicate area of the body longer. 3-layers of material all around is better than a 2x4x2 prefold and you do not want to go near things like 2x6x2: they are a rash's best friend. That all started 6 decades ago when the whole idea of thinner diapers came in so that they did not look "diaper-y"; like a 2 or 3 year old is going to care. I can remember being changed and in night diapers at that age and the thickness and fullness meant nothing to me, I did not even notice it. It was part of the scenery. In fact, the whole thing looked more like late medieval/Rennaissance "slops [pantaloons]" or very short bloomers than anything else 60 years ago and were sometimes called "baby bloomers"> Also, too. with the very early plastic panties, the leg openings were not as sharply angled up toward the sides as later and the front was more like the bac; the leg openings were not forward-facing. But then, if your baby or little left a wet spot, it was taken seriously and reflected very badly on you and you were embarrassed to pieces. In keeping with that, girls could change diapers and understand what they were doing by the time they were 9. Boys had other things to do at those young ages so there was a sharp divide. That has changed and we are reping the rewards with such things as babies dying in overheated cars having been forgotten or the "death by boyfriend" phenomenon

That is why, when I see someon born before 1963 commenting that they like paper diapers (not just use as a matter of convenience) I do a double-take, the two are so vastly different that one would be downright alien. Ditto PUL, PEFA and polyurathane

If you look at a TRADITIONAL babydoll it consists of a short kind of dress about half-way to the knee so it is "decent" covering fully the very full panties that looks like pantaloons or rubber panties over thick diapers. What it was designed to resembled whas what gave it the name "BABY doll"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babydoll

If you are thickly diapered, whether the panties "breath" or not is irrelevent since, if the diapers are thick enough to prevent leaks, they will not allow new air in anyway so that does not work,. Full-cut rubber (plastic) panties with snug elastics trap air in them. Also, polyurethane, PUL and PEVA feel alien and creepy

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...