LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Summer Heat

hi everyone, summer is here once again, and its time for the heat rashes, and the unbearable pricklys.

i use antifungal cream, change regularly, and use lots of powder.

any other tips???

i think it would be a good idea to list the remidies for all the new comers here, so everyone can have a nice, and comfy summer. we all know how sucky diaper rash can be, and how hot a diaper can be in the summer. :angry:

hi everyone, summer is here once again, and its time for the heat rashes, and the unbearable pricklys.

i use antifungal cream, change regularly, and use lots of powder.

any other tips???

i think it would be a good idea to list the remidies for all the new comers here, so everyone can have a nice, and comfy summer. we all know how sucky diaper rash can be, and how hot a diaper can be in the summer. :angry:

drink lots of water WATER not pop, or beer or tea water]

i like sween cream for skim protection

or camospettin

Hey,

What I found worked for me last summer was the Depend Refasenable Underwear. They are a cross between there fitted briefs and there protective Underwear. They don't hold as much as the brief so I did have to change more often, but the cloth like outer cover aloud for more air to flow. This made the my summer much more comfortable last year. I wouldn't recommend them for night time use as they tend to leak at night. I am still looking for a great night time diaper to use in the summer, so any help with that would be great!

Avoid restrictive clothing. Wear loose fitting shorts or pants without any plastic pants or regular underwear if at all possible. Change often using lots of lotion and powder. Air out every now and again by not wearing anything at all :) Keep the diaper region meticulously clean.

• 3 weeks later...

Conveen / Coloplast makes a series of barrier creme products for adult diaper wearers / incontinence issues. They do try to put a neutral face to it, but that is what the products are for.

Three 'grades' of skin protection is available, and even the least 'aggressive' helps a lot with comfort and preventing/resolving skin problems due to urinary incontinence / diaper use.

The product I use exclusively for skin protection is called 'Protact' (catalog # 65100) and is available over the counter as a special order item at any pharmacy here in northern Europe. Smells a bit like sun screen, so should go well with a hot summer's day.

The 'tougher' grades of barrier creme, which I haven't tried, are for bowel incontinence and open wounds(!) respectively.

Also I agree on drinking lots of clear *water*. Diluting the urine really helps prevent skin problems, even if you have to use a thicker diaper to cope with the excess. :) Having plenty of fluid in your body also helps it to shed excess heat through sweat and evaporation via the areas of skin not covered by your diaper.

Regarding loose clothing, yes. But not a loose diaper for me, please. In my experience it is *more* uncomfortable to wear a loose fitting diaper than a snug one when it is hot. A loose diaper doesn't really help prevent skin problems IMHO, and the partial cooling of the skin annoys me. Plus, since I don't have any motoric problems, a loose diaper plus damp skin is asking for skin wounds as you move about.

HPD2.