LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Obamacare Insurance Exchanges May Cover Diapers

Old Broken down geezer!?? at 57. Have you not heard that "60 is the new 40"? Of course, what the do not tell you is that 65 is the new 80. Whatever shall you be like when you reach my age?

there is a fundamental flaw in the economics here. It comes form the failure to distinguish INCOME from WEALTH. It was shown from US Census data in 1984 by James Dale Davidson, writing in REASON Magazine and c1986 by Warren Brooks, using more detailed analysis of that and other data. that, on a class basis, age and wealth correlated positively with the tipping point being 60 years of age. This is common knowledge among libertarians. Now the problem is that class data is grouped data, with all that means but liberal economists have long stressed class, and therefore, grouped data, as the standard for measuring. So while it is true that INCOME goes down with age, WEALTH also referring to accrued monies and properties goes up (which, if you know anything about life, is fairly intuitive). Poverty is a youth movement, since we all start at the bottom and, due to lack of experience, younger persons' decision-making skills are not that good. None of this is new: It goes back to the Romans'"Experientsia Docit"

I think it's quite unrealistic to assume and I say, assume that diaper prices will double. It's a theory and one that doesn't hold any water. Pun fully intended. Some diapers are covered by insurance currently. Sure, they're not the best but adequate for the majority of users like ones in hospitals and nursing homes. Yes, not adequate for ALL users but definitely most. I will guarantee you the hospitals and nursing home already pay more for the diapers delivered then you or I would to have them shipped to our door. Not uncommon in many businesses to pay a higher price for an item than if they just picked it up at a big box store. Anyway, if we are assuming double, then why not triple or quadruple? It's just not in the cards. One of the things I recall this Obama care is suppose to do is prevent price gouging.

Anyway, you can come back and argue your point all day long as to why you think prices will rise but truth be told, you don't know either.

Obviously, for incontinent people, this is a big win if diapers are included in the mandated DMEs. It's also a win for ABDLs. We're going to get much better diapers in America, in-line with Europe. The cost and quality of diapers will rise in order to bill insurance providers.

SO if someone finds that the only thing that helps their anxiety is listening to punk rock music should insurance now cover those albums? If someone finds if they can't watch certain tv shows they get stressed and their blood pressure skyrockets insurance should now cover buying a tv and getting cable? or the internet? or netflix ?

You know, insurance also promised to pay for my seasonal allergy medicine, too. But what did they do? They wanted me to try this cheap brand first, and that cheap brand, and that cheap brand, etc. When none of them worked, they wanted me to try them all again to be sure. Eventually we just gave up and started buying it out of pocket. I suspect the same thing might happen to diapers, if insurance is to cover them. You might get stuck with some crappy meijer brand.

just havin a diagnosis of 'infantilism' in no way gauruntees you would qualify for diapers..... just like having a diagnosis of anxiety or depression does not automatically qualify you for inpatient treatment....

and also much like you dont give someone who is bulemic other ways to hide their disorder or give an alcoholic more to drink if someone is 'suffering' from infantilism why in the hell would you give them the tool that allows them to continue engaging in such behavior? you wouldnt, you would want to STOP the behaviors because they are 'suffering' and so allowin them to engage in more behaviors would NOT improve their quality of life .... you wouldnt let someone sufferin from anorexia continue to engage in obsessive exercise and lack of eating ...

so yeah if you suffer than engagin in the activity causes you dostress and adversely affects you basic activities of daily living .... so diapers would actually cause more problems and the solution would be to take them away...

now if you enjoy wearing diapers and it does not adversly affect you daily activities than you are not suffering and do not need them medically.... if taking them away causes such extreme distress than you dont need diapers medically you need treatment to treat the underlying anxieties and learn coping skills to not need the diapers!! when someone with ptsd can only go out if they have very large headphones on to block the noise you dont give them more headphones but rather seek to reduce the anxieties causin the need for such protection so eventually the person does not need them anymore...

• Like 1

generic and brand name medicines have the exact same active ingrediants such like tylenol and walmart ibuprofen have the same active ingrediants .... its the fillers that are what is different as well as the size and shape .... but the active ingrediants in them are the same

Guest Diaperdragon

That would be cool if Diapers are covered by insurance. I just hope that they can let us get what ever kind of diapers we need. I wonder if they will cover for those on medicare and medicaid.

Old Broken down geezer!?? at 57. Have you not heard that "60 is the new 40"? Of course, what the do not tell you is that 65 is the new 80. Whatever shall you be like when you reach my age?

Guest Diaperdragon

If you're on Medicaid, odds are you are already covered. In general, diapers are a covered DME on Medicaid.

Really, I'm on Medicaid and how the heck you get diapers covered by medicaid.

Guest Diaperdragon

You'll have to check with your Medicaid provider insurance-wise, I know most Medicaid programs cover incontinence supplies (including diapers) if a doctor prescribes them for incontinence. Just google "medicaid incontinence supplies" and see for yourself... it's an entire industry. Depending on your state, you might even net Abri-Forms and Secure Care X-Plus... it all depends on how your state articulates suppliers.

P.S. Describing infantilism requiring diapers as "fap fiction" is cute to write, but honestly... if diapers become out of reach of consumers, because of medical device subsidies... infantilists are going to have good grounds to get recommendations for them. We don't know what Obamacare will do to the adult diaper economy. We just can't know. It could do very little, but it could do a lot too. It really depends (no pun) on how the edicts from HHS come down.

Just because demand is unchanged, does not mean that supply curves cannot change radically when government mandates coverage for an item. It would be in diaper manufacturer's interest to consolidate and alter the supply curve... which very much could happen, especially if America re-enters recession (IMO, the GDP numbers issued this month were a joke and we are back in recession, but that's just me).

The problem with the medical industry in America is that the Medical/Industrial complex has become so overwhelmingly powerful it cannot be controlled. ACA doesn't address any of the core problems that are causing healthcare to be so costly. ACA will only make it worse by flooding the market with more customers to milk - as if we weren't all going to need their services sooner or later.