LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Not A Psychiatric Illness: Just Me

I read online that lot of therapists won't care if you wear diapers for none medical need. They don't see it as a problem or a big deal just as long as they don't run your life. Id you are still holding down a job, still seeing your friends, etc. and diapers are not interfering with your life, they see nothing wrong with it. I don't think wearing 24/7 is wrong either. If you are still living your life as normal with diapers, okay. I would say take care of your problems first and then see if your diaper desires are still there. If so, so what. You have a diaper fetish. Nothing wrong with it.

I moved this post from Incontinence Medical to here- that forum is for the medically incontinent only, not other medical issues ;) Maybe we are OC about diapers, I certainly identify it as a compulsion since it fits that definition rather well :blush: I'm not sure that matters though- anything is whatever it is and there's not much use in worrying about that :) About Therapists, well they vary too, but the general rule is that issue = treatment only if issue = problems in the patients life. The only diaper problem I have is monetary, but I pay the bills and eat so it's not a problem worth addressing. If diapers are interfering with your otherwise 'normal' life there may be a need to look into that. We've seen posts here from people who do have problems balancing their need to wear diapers with the rest of their life though most of us have found ways to integrate diapers and life well enough to not have problems. Self-acceptance is always the place to start B)

Guest Diaperdragon

That's why some see wearing a diaper is one less thing to worry about and for them they can get through the day without worrying about trying to find a bathroom.

Guest Diaperdragon

I can not say enough how much this relates to me also, I suffer from anxiety horribly, but every since I started wearing 24/7 about six months ago, so much stuff has changed in my life and for the better. I use to get depression a lot too, not so much now, it is soo weird that wearing solves that many issues, hard to explain.

That's like me, I see Diapers as a need and a comfort when I am stressed and need something to comfort me. Diapers are a great way to take stress off you and let's you focus on other things without worrying about the bathroom.

To the OP:

Wow, just wow -- you DO have a problem there -- you hurt yourself because because you were aftraid to actually wear diapers, which is what you wanted to do! Wear your diapers, and get some help relaxing!!!! Figure out what makes you feel good, and do it...it's cheaper than shrinks and doctors!

Like BettyP, I am in diapers 24/7 at the moment, but am generally not having real accidents more often than once or twice a week, although I will deliberately wet a diaper I am about to take off anyway, Most of the accidents are being far (20 minutes or more) from a bathroom and needing to go after four or five minutes.

The shrink and I are discussing dealing with memories that are now around 15 years old as they get in the way of my current life....like getting upset and scared after I had a very nice new stove delivered to my wife, or having similar reactions when I clean up parts of the house, or watching scenes in Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer. Yes, I am a guy...and I don't *really* need diapers except when I am exercising far from work or the house....and even then only sometimes....except that they feel good and make me more secure, But over 3 or 4 shrinks in the last 15 years, not one has spent much time on being diapered. The most awkward situation is coming up with my urologist, where I need to explain to him that the real issues involve an aching prostate, not a leaking bladder which he assumed because they wouldn't let me use a bathroom to take off a diaper before the appointment. The other health care folks have said nothing...or understood that because of a gut problem, I am taking stool softeners and these produce accidents.