LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Castor Oil Recommended Dosage

I'm about to have my house to myself for three weeks, and I intend to spend them diapered 24/7. I'd like to experiment with castor oil, as I'm fascinated by the talk of loss of control, but I don't want to end up giving everything in my house a nice new brown paint job (as detailed in the tale of the castor oil incident, whose originator I have now forgotten). Does size of dose relate to time or strength of effect - and if so is there a dose I can take that's small enough that I will have time to clean up and change diapers instead of over-filling with mess?

I can't say anything specific about castor oil, but, like all drugs, remember to titrate the dose -- start small, and drink plenty of water.

I recently had to do a colonoscopy, and the recommended bisacodyl and milk of magnesia the day before was enough to induce small accidents the day before. I would also seriously consider using magnesium and docusate sodium, which I am using to keep things in my guts thin. Docusate sodium can be used long term, and was recommended for my wife after surgery on her shoulder. The combination has lead to a number of real accidents (about 1x per week) because I can get far (a mile or more) from a bathroom and cannot get back in time...I am out for a walk.

So I recommend you take a walk every day. Drink a quart or so of water before you leave the house, don't use the diaper, and spend an hour out. You will feel better, and your chances of needing a change on returning home are very high. I put a pair of compression shorts over my regular underpants over my diaper, I got them at Wal-mart in the cycling department.

Enjoy yourself, be careful with the castor oil, and learn the signs of poisoning and watch for them.

• 1 month later...

I'd alsio be careful with the magnesium even though it's safe for you. Too much magnesium can give you some nasty headaches as the body can process only so much of it :( I find psyllium fiber husks (Metamucil) does well with softening stools and it also helps clean the colon :) Used short-term it has no side effects, just be sure to drink plenty of water with it or it may clog things up temporarily instead :o

betty,

I have been on psyllium for years. Get the straight fiber, without the sugar, as the sugar you get can be a problem and the artificial sweeteners are something you want to avoid anyway.

Side effects for me: Frequent (3-4x/day) bowel movements, lubrication of said BMs, and it keeps me soft.

Black beans (as in soup) are a very good source of fiber, too....

• 2 months later...