LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Issues With A Lot Of Ibs Flares Lately And Need Advice!

I just feel like venting at the moment, but would also like some advice...so to start from the beginning...I have endometriosis which is also tied to my IBS issues. I am mainly urinary incontinent, but do have some bowel incontinence. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for awhile now, and I had been prescribed a medication to help facilitate getting pregnant which in turn has screwed up my cycles. I stopped the meds because my endocrinologist doctor said I didn't need to take them anymore. Now the bowel incontinence is getting worse because of my messed up cycles, and I am not sure what to do :wtf2: . I used to have some idea that I was going to have bowel movement (granted I only get a few minutes at the most to get to the bathroom before I have a messy accident) and now I don't have any indication other than the immediate need to evacuate my bowels accompanied by severe gas. I don't want to go on any medications that I won't be able to take when I get pregnant. I have been seeing a Chiropractor to see if that will help alleviate the issue in a natural way and been using a heating pad on and off which hasn't helped yet. Even though I am diapered, I have been luckily enough not to have a bowel accident in my diaper at work because I used to have some indication that I needed to go. Now I am completely freaking out. I can deal with messy accidents in public, but I am not sure if I can handle them at work. I know that I don't have a choice especially if I want to keep my job. The upside to this issue (if you can say that there is an upside :wacko: ) is that my boss does know that I have IBS issues, but she doesn't know that I wear diapers which she doesn't need to know of course :thumbsup: .

I use dicyclomine. I dont know its pregnancy category. I also use florastor and other non-dairy probiotics to get my guts under control. I am about to completely drop dairy products to see if that helps....doc today said that drinking cows milk is net negative for calcium, nowhere near enough vitamin D. I supplement both calcium and D.

I don't eat a lot of dairy as a rule...I try to avoid it; I can't drink milk as I am lactose intolerant. I drink almond milk. I also found out from a mutual friend who also suffers from IBS that my lactose intolerance may also be connected to my bowel issues. I used to love drinking milk. Thanks for the input about dicyclomine...unfortunately WebMD labels it possibly safe for pregnant women...so I will have to check with my RE doctor to know for sure. I have never heard of florastor...I will have to look into that to see if I can take it as well. My GP also knows that I am trying to get pregnant and she too suggested a probiotic...I just forgot to pick it up...ooops :doh: . I will need to do that tomorrow.

What the doc said was that since the FDA isn't allowed to regulate supplements, there are a lot of them on the market that don't contain the ingredients claimed on the label.

Florastor is an exception to that rule. Go to your drugstore, look for a fleets enema, then look around a bit to find the florastor. It's a box with capsules in it.

Peppermint oil is a potential OTC to relax your guts. The problem is, when it comes out the far end, it tears up my skin something awful.

Align was also on the docs "good" list...doc said her source was consumer reports.

you can also check on peppermint oil by eating peppermints...

I'll see my GI doc in a few weeks, but I will say that my colon got scoped out as normal about two weeks ago, so that part is not my particular problem. I have also had to fast a few times to get my guts to calm down, and there is now a shrink in the mix for stress reduction. I am idly wondering if I should re-take a stress reduction class that was basically meditation at our local university, too.

Edit: No thinking about Align, it was one that the Dr recommended.

I don't really have a lot of stress other than trying to start a family. My issues are more genetic as I get if from both sides of my family tree. I just hope that my sister doesn't get affected by it. I have had tummy issues pretty much my whole life...now that I am older it definitely got worse.