LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I Think I'm Doomed

DavidMW

I wrapped up my 24x7x24 thread the other day by reporting that after a couple weeks out of diapers without any sleep-wetting incidents I had decided it was time to take the extra protection off the mattress I had been using. Made the decision Friday to take it off on Saturday. But although I had originally planned to stay out of diapers for a month, I decided to take advantage of that last night of mattress protection and wear a diaper to bed Friday night. And then I resumed my typical Saturday ritual of putting on an Abena before heading out for breakfast and errands.

But it didn’t end there. One diaper led to another and I ended up spending the weekend including Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights in diapers. I immediately fell back into the use and wetting pattern of the last couple weeks of the 30 days experience.

I undiapered this morning, and the extra protection is off the bed now. But as I picked up some breakfast and ran some errands, I was having to remind myself to clench again, almost as if the last couple weeks out of diapers hadn’t happened.

Since first finding this site, I’ve always been somewhat fascinated by the folks who’ve chosen the 24x7 route, whether that includes chosen incon or not, although I never really related to it – I like wearing regular underwear, I didn’t want full-time diapering and I assumed I wouldn’t like it. My first 24x7 week reinforced that thinking.

But I’ve realized that my diaper use has been increasing, and after the recent 30 days ended I’ve been resisting the urge to diaper up rather than feeling relief that the 30 days were over.

I certainly can relate to the idea full-time diapering a lot more now than before. The diaper downsides – my travel schedule, diapers in hot weather, the cost, among them – are all still there, but right now they’re a ways away. Mid-April for my first big trip of the year, and July before summer reaches Seattle.

I used up about half of the Abenas I had left over from the 30 days over the weekend – they were supposed to give me a weekly Saturday morning indulgence and an occasional long movie for much of the year when I’m not out of town. It will be easier to resist the temptation if I don’t order a new case for a while. But I won’t kid myself on this – I'm sure I’ll be ordering a new case a lot sooner than I had originally thought.

I drink a lot of fluids when I'm at home (I work at home), so I normally pee every 1-2 hours. If I know bathrooms will be less convenient (e.g., flying), I drink less and pee a lot less. When diapered up (Abenas, not Depends), I've trained myself to keep things pretty relaxed down there - when I'm well-hydrated I'll have 6-10 small leaks per hour. I like maintaining that state when diapered - it feels less like toilet peeing, and it's a pace that the diaper can keep up with, minimizing the risk of leaks.

"Doomed"? The thread title sounds ominous, but the topic doesn't have to be- in fact I'd classify it as a success ;) To be able to go from dry to wet and back with relative ease is something a lot of people want but can't get. "Doomed" as in being ABDL? Welcome to the club. This doesn't go away, but compared to a lot of other tendencies this one is pretty benign and relatively easy to deal with privately :) It sure beats being a drug addict or having a compulsion to go shopping with your face painted orange while wearing a tutu, wooden shoes, and a top hat :roflmao: It's like anything else- just give it enough room in your life so that it doesn't overwhelm you and enjoy it.

Yeah I agree with Betty you set goal you accomplished it, you enjoyed yourself Thats a Huge PLUS and now your adjusting backwards to your regular life state a lithe wiser ,a lot more experienced

and a few diapers shorter than you planned, the good news They'll make more, you will buy more and you will use more ,maybe the same brand maybe another brand everybody likes chocolate but once in awhile people decide lets have rocky road or chunky monkey so no worries , Most of all don't sweat the details this is a fetish it should be fun and relieve stress not cause any.

I've worn sometimes in the summer, at least what passes for summer here in Seattle. If I'm doing some passive activity, such as sitting in front of the computer, the diaper is fine. But I get out and about a lot. Even with temperatures only in the mid-70s the area under the diaper gets quite warm, often uncomfortably so, and I'll start sweating a lot in and around the diaper, enough so that it can be apparent depending on the shorts I'm wearing. I suppose I need to find a diaper that provides good air circulation for hot summer days. ;-)

I've been lucky on the rash front - if I've ever had diaper rash or any other diaper-related skin problem it would have been back in the forgotten years of my early childhood.

Do you get sweat moons ( on your legs) that show up on your shorts ? if so use a little antiperspirant in those areas to eliminate them

Well the best for air circulation despite the Rubber or Plastic Pants worn over them is cloth diapers which i wear 24/7 unless i'm traveling and then i use Abena M4's

I wear 24/7 and I have to so I have no choice in the matter. I've never really had a big problem with the heat. I do change more often in the really hot times to try and keep the diaper rashes down. Plus I make sure my diaper area has no hair on it at all. This dose two things keeps the smell down and keeps the diaper rashes way down.