LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

For Those That Wear 24/7 For Whatever Reason

For those that wear 24/7 do you bother with the little things when changing diapers? Do you reapply powder or lotion or whatever you use? Do you bother with trying to get the perfect diaper every time or do you just slap it on and run with it?

I was thinking about this stuff because usually when I've use my diaper to the fullest I generally don't bother putting one back on because I don't do 24/7. But I've found occasionally when I actually "change" into a new diaper I don't bother with powder and the like.

I'll start with my usual personal disclaimer: While I wear diapers 24/7, I do not use them as in tended 24/7. I use pull-ups and the toilet at work; the diapers handling my minor leakage issues (thus I almost never change there) . Unless circumstances dictate otherwise, away from work I wear what I feel like and usually wet freely :D I almost never poop my pants :whistling: My use of powder varies; it is more a 'scent accessory' to me than a comfort necessity.

So almost all of my changes are in the comfort of my home, and with the leisure of freely available time B) If am wearing a long-term high capacity diaper, I jump in the shower for a quick clean during changes, often powdering :blush: If I am rapidly wetting and frequently changing, I vary the 'schedule' of cleaning, but at least once every few diapers I will clean me throughly, powder optional ;) I never want to stink around anyone else, so that's what I go by to determine what is going to happen with my next diaper change :girl_happy: The 'extras' like baby wipes and powdering can enhance the experience, but my wearing is now more mundane and I don't need any more than to remain aroma-free to be happy in my diapers :groupwave:

Bettypooh

I'm not a permanent 24/7, though have been wearing around the clock (wetting, no messing) for almost 4 weeks now, and have done a few extended periods of wear in the past. I wash up between changes and shower daily, but generally don't apply lotion and have never applied powder during changes. I've never gotten a rash. But this is likely a YMMV thing as others may have pretty sensitive skin.

As far as perfect diaper or slap it on goes, I'm in the slap it on camp. I can't tape a diaper up very well when it's on me, so I tape it up first and then treat it like a pullup. As pre-taping leaves it loose-fitting, I'll then wear a pair of snug briefs over it, which has the effect of giving me a good fit and no sagging. As I've done my current extended 24/7, when I open up a new package of 12 Abenas I'll sit down and tape them all up at once. Can't get much more slap it on than that.

I wear and use 24/7 and every diaper change gets a skin cleansing a rash protectant and a proper placement of the diaper,when you are totally incontinent there is no "Diaper and Dash" because the step you skip will come back to bite you, whether it be a rash or skin breakdown leading to a pressure sore complicated by rash, or the diaper leaks and you have a wet shirt and pants and wheelchair cushion,or if you don't clean yourself after awhile you smell of stale urine (thats always a big hit with the Lady's ) or co- workers or in hot subway cars . wearing a and using a diaper 24/7 is anyones right whether they are incontinent or not but along with that right comes responsibility and courtesy to your body and to those around you, wearing a diaper can be by choice or by need but either way it should never intrude in the lives of others that you do not know,and do not know you.

I wear 24/7 for minor and sometimes major leaking, depend on my activity. I can almost always wait until I get home to change and when I do I wipe and apply Vaseline and powder. It really is needed to prevent diaper rashes.

I don't use powder often. I use rash cream if I have a diaper rash or getting one. I will wipe every time I change most of the time. It helps with the smell and helps avoid diaper rashes.