LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

External Catheters

If I use an external condom catheter 24/7 for a long period, would that be as effective as diapers 24/7?

It's just the indwelling ones are really particular about size and materials, the irritation, and it takes so much shaving/cleaning/precaution.

To me it's seems like a cheaper, easier, more practical way to get to where I want without reeking or leaking in public. Thoughts? Experiences?

An external catheter slips over the penis and provides a connection to a hose to a leg bag. For the truly incontinent, it is an alternative to wearing a diaper. Basically, you have an external bladder that can be emptied when needed. For some people they work well; for others, not so well.

With indwelling catheters you never really relax your external sphincter so you may not necessarily develop incontinence. Using an external condom catheter would allow you to constantly relax your sphincter which would likely develop your incontinence faster. That said, external catheters are probably as likely to leak as a low quality diaper (meaning a lot). Leaking a lot can often lead to you involuntarily and sub-consciously not wanting to give up that control. If your ultimate goal is to become incontinent then my suggestion would be to stick with good quality diapers instead of either type of catheter (if you have that choice). Trust me, this is one topic I am well versed in and have done both many times. Diapers are more expensive yes, but if you're successful in using those catheters you'll still end up having to use diapers sooner or later, so it may as well be sooner even if only to test your wallet (since worrying about affording diapers can also affect your becoming incontinent too).

The external cath can also tear up your skin. If you don't want it to leak, wear a diaper over it and secure the tubing to the top of the thigh. Carry a change with you, as once it starts to leak it needs replacing. - and be sure not to get your leg bag overfull.

And younwill need tonrun some white vinegar through the leg bag to keep it clean. Finally, there are different brands and sizes of external caths (hey, look up Maguire urinal, too, and there used to be a cath that only glues to the glans) so you may want to experiment.

Last time I did this, I walked into a med supply store and told them I needed an external cath setup...yhey handed me a measure and a place to measure myself, which I did, and gave them my size.