LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

2006 Ny Times Article About Romanian Orphanages (Very Sad)

This article was very interesting, at the end it mentions that almost all children up to age 17 are still diapered. This is really appalling, I wish there was something that we as a community could do. I know this is an old article, I hope things have changed in the past 6 years...my gut tells me no, but maybe. I'll look into it further, but here is the link to the article.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/10/world/europe/10romania.html?_r=0

The article said that because of a lack of bathrooms all the children up to age 17 were kept in diapers. I could not find that confirmed anywhere else.

It's only harder when your providing some sort of regular individualized care. It's more about the time it would take to toilet train each one, tend to accidents, and so forth. Here they're just leaving them in cribs and changing them every one in a while.

Remember these were the most disabled of the orphans. A lot of them had mental illnesses and were likely autistic. Doesn't excuse the treatment, but if you aren't going to take the time to work with them at all, you certainly won't bother toilet training them.