LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Working On A Storyboard, Need Help

So, I'm trying once more to write a story, this time with more planning involved. Among other things, (Namely, threatening myself with no AB/DL roleplaying if I don't do.my writing,) I also am trying to plan ahead more, IE a full storyboard.

The thing is, I've never done one before.

I have a loose idea of plot in my head, (detailed below,) but don't know exact details or specifics yet. Or, for that matter, if anyone will like it. (If nobody reads my story I get kinda de-thused about it,hence I try and write stuff people will like.)

Anyone have advice? Either plot, or organizationally?

Plot: A team of planetary colonists (IE space pilgrims) crash-land their ship on an alien planet and set up a small colony. However, the local wildlife rips them apart, killing most. One of the survivors, (the main character,) gets separated from the group and attacked by a parasite which hurries into the colon and large intestine, essentially replacing them. This causes incontinence for obvious reasons, but may or may not give her super powers. (I can't decide.) She reconnects with the small band of survivors, they fight their way back to the ship, and manage to escape the planet. Or something. There would be on-ship (post-escape) drama too, probably ending with them making it home.

Well, um, since nobody responded, I'll just post what I made on my own. I probably should have put spoiler tags back there, but I didn't, and I won't here either due to certain reasons...

In other words: I don't know how to do spoiler tags on a phone. So, here's the warning now: SPOILERS!

(I just made something loose for storyboarding, I still would like help if anyone has advice! Please!)

Chapter 1ish? Spaceship crash-lands on earth. Small group (>11) survive.

Carry vital gear to best nearby campsite, unpack. Three of them sent to scout out the area for edible resources?

Vague foreshadowing bit to later catastrophe

Group Scouting group finds several edible resources, collects them, returns prematurely to bolster the low food supply. (Food damaged in the crash, we'll say.)

Food causes unexpected loss of bladder and/or bowel control, due to alien particle that was missed. (Maybe, or I erase this bit and the last bit to condense the storyk

line.)

Scout team goes out again for more full research, (this time on a longer journey,) lose radio signal, get lost and walk right into an ambush by alien predator animals.

Meanwhile, back at the camp/colony, another ambush, several die.

Reinforcement of camp as predator animals continue to circle them.

Um... Last survivor wakes up, starts trying to get back.

Attacks on camp continue, decision to evacuate made.

Back to survivor, trying to get home

Back to group, packing up vital gear and evacuating.

Attempts at repairing crashed ship

Survivor finds note, hurries to ship

Barely makes it in time for escape

Um... That's all I have right now. Am I doing it right?

I like the premise. I am curious, though, about whether you want the story to focus on the crew's conflict with the wilderness and have incontinence be a recurring side effect, or if you want the incontinence to play a larger role and reflect some deeper theme like the loss of control over one's life.

Beyond that, I'd say you've got a decent plot outline.

Incontinence as a recurring side effect. I am struggling with a very shallow basic theme, making it deeper would push me over the edge. (Pun intended.)

Thanks for posting, it gives me signs that people are sticking up for the overall message. (Pun intended.)

Seriously, though, I hope this goes well. (No pun intended.)

Ok, just read this thread. Neat. As I haven't even finished my first story yet, I don't know if I have the right to contribute; but if it's okay, I'd like start by asking some questions. These questions are in no way intended as criticisms, but if you can answer them- even to just yourself- it might give you a better idea of your story and make you more confident and comfortable in your writing.

You already answered the first big one considering this forum: the role of incontinence in your story. It also looks like you know what you want from your story; pure good old fashioned entertainment. Two of the biggest questions are out of the way. Here are some more I thought up.

1. What is the point of view of your story for purposes of narration? Is it going to be first person? (Hard since there will be cut away scenes of what's going on at base camp, but not impossible, you can just have multiple first person views.) Is it going to be third person omniscient? Third person limited? How is this story going to be told in terms of what voices will we hear outside of the spoken dialogue.

2. Who are the main characters in your story? You've got a rough concept cast put together, but where are you thinking of prioritizing your attention on? The lone surviving scout? The whole crew, and narrowing it down as the characters get picked off one by one? Somewhere in the middle?

3. WHO are the main characters in your story? That is, who are they as people? What life experiences have they had? You don't have to answer this in your story, but you can use this question to form their outlook. If the lone surviving scout who is racing for the ship is a tough veteran who has seen some shit in his day (besides the stuff filling his pants...waka waka), he'd handle this whole alien wilderness, accidentally ate an alien parasite thing differently than a guy who is just out of basic training and this isn't what it said in the goddamn recruiting brochure. Same question goes for the people at base camp trying to survive as the monsters. How does the medic's priorities and outlooks differ from the soldier on guard? or the commanding officer? Just food for thought. Tiny things that can be tossed aside if you don't like them.

NOW FOR THE CRAZY IDEAS.

Super-powers or no super-powers.

Speaking personally, I'd go super-powers with this. Love me the super powers. But make them semi-plausible.

For example: if this organism is indeed a nasty nasty parasite, maybe it's slowly taking over. The bowels are just the first to go. But maybe there's an upside. The parasite wants to live, and when the main character is threatened..suddely a scorpion tale bursts from his shoulder blade and impales a beast, or chitinous bug armor envelops him. Basically play Resident Evil 4 and use the bad guy powers.

If you want a happy ending, you can even have the main character take a nasty slash to the gut, right about where the intestines would be. The parasite is crippled but not dead, leaving our hero in the driver seat with incontinence AND bug powers.

On the other hand, if the organism is more of a symbiotic species, maybe it pumps strange anti-toxins and endorphins into the main character's blood stream, giving him increased healing, or an adrenal surge. Maybe he bleeds acid. Maybe his muscles are rapidly being toned and shaped to peak physical condition. Maybe they thing in him filters out diseases and toxins. Etc. etc. etc.. Stuff that would basically put him at a captain america/wolverine power level of hero, complete badass but still seems within reachable human limits...but he's incontinent. Then again, would you have the balls to laugh at Wolverine in a diaper?

Good questions, and I appreciate the feedback. (Good luck with your own story, by the way. Have you posted any of it on here? I'd like to read it.)

1: Third person, though first personeyish in style. That is, everyone will be 'he said she said,' but I'll be telling it from specific characters perspectives, demonstrated by changing opinions and thoughts displayed in italics or something. If there's a term for that, I don't know what it is.

2: One of the main characters will be the survivor, quite obviously, with the ships lieutenant (second in command,) and one or two others from the camp being the rest of the main cast. The other 8 will be secondary characters.

3: Hmmm... I'll think about that, I don't have it fully worked out yet. I know actions, but not personalities.

Also: I think I'm going to steal some ideas here. Originally the parasite would have no control over the brain or motor functions, but I think if it operated by 'Turn host into living automobile,' that would be awesome. There could initially be just little things, slightly altered mental states, and have it grow from there. Hmmm... I'm getting ideas, methinks. If the alien mixes mind powers with her, then it will work both ways: it controls her, but she controls it. A battle of brains, so to speak. And if it's brain damaged, she'd have full control over the powers. Thanks for the ideas, I am totally going to steal that.

Glad I could help! Mental powers, nice! I didn't even think that route. Very nice. Battle of the brains, I like. Makes some good drama. What if you made the parasite sentient, then? What if it talked to the main character in a voice only she could hear inside her mind?

ie: <Stop struggling, vessel. It will all be over soon.>

Thanks for the well wishes on my story, it's nearing completion with only a few chapters to go. What exists currently is up in the story forum; entitled "Dante's Infanzia" (Cheap Plug)

I'm glad some of my stuff helped. I look forward to reading your work. What will the title be so I know it when I see it?

Ooh, talking. That has got to be in there, no question.

I'll read yours right away too. I'd seen it, but never had the time until recently. :)

As for a title... Hmm. How about 'Colony: Part 1?' I like the premise the more I think of it, I'll definitely consider a sequel if it goes well.

EDIT: I read chapters 1-2. I figured out the dead thing about 1/3 of the way through chapter 2, (the title didn't hurt,) but it was fantastic.

Seriously, screw my book. After that, I'm giving up writing to become a carpenter.

Thank you for the praise, but unless you're trying to copy my story, or do a remake of it, there's no need to compare. Comparing stories and writing styles is too much like comparing apples to oranges.

Get those wheels turning and keep us all updated on how "Colony" is going!

Okay, will do. First chapter will be up by Sunday, hopefully. You also have a garunteed 1,000 words a week, though I can't promise beyond that. (Week starting on Sunday. So, it could be up to 13 days between updates, or as little as 1-2, hopefully the latter.)

I'm gonna start writing today!

(Also: you gave me a really good idea. I won't tell you what it is to avoid spoilers, but I personally think it's awesome. So, thanks. :) )

First of all, decide how many main characters you will be writing about. Then write a short biography about each one of them. This should get you started. Once you feel that your characters are "real," then you can integrate them into various situations. You may be having trouble getting started because you don't yet relate to the people in your story. That's what works for me. Good luck.