LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I've been wearing nearly non stop for just over a week now but I still have a problem relaxing enough to use my diaper! Anybody have any tips and tricks?

I've found that running water, drinking and sitting up or standing still helps but I would really like to be able to relax those muscles more naturally, It's frustrating having a full bladder and having to tense up some other muscles or stop and hold my breath to go.

• Like 1

You may not have any incontinence desires, but you may want to do a couple of searches in that part of the forum. You'll probably find a couple of good suggestions :)

Personally, it took me awhile to even let go in a somewhat reclined position, let alone sitting. We're talking weeks and weeks. It's frustrating, I know. I'm currently having trouble letting go while diapered and in bed :( when just a month it wasn't too big of a deal. It might just be stress for me though.

But as with most things in life: PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!! Just remember you are LITERALLY retraining your mind, not your body. And after several years of using the potty, it WILL take some time so hang in there ! :thumbsup:

A good quote from the Red Green show:

"Remember, I'm pulling for ya! Because we're all in this together!"

• Like 1

Personally, I just wait until I'm quite desperate to go, and then your 'natural' (potty training), takes over, and makes you resist. For me, at least, I'm then able to just relax, and relenquish the 'control'; relax wahtever muscles it is being 'clenched', to stop you going. After a while, I find the need to go then seems to subside, and then, a while later, almost without my realising it, I've started to go... Mind, it was a bit more difficult earlier on but I think maybe some people just come round to it a bit easier, so as above, just practise and practise... Once the body (the mind?), has, after a few times, realised how nice it is, and how much better it is, this way (rather than the way we were potty trained too), I think maybe it starts getting easier and easier... good luck..

cheapthrills is pretty much right. Just keep trying to let it happen without straining too much. Once the need to pee gets strong enough you'll go regardless of how strong your potty training had become. Keep wearing diapers 24/7, If you decide to take even a short break it could be like starting all over again. I caution you though- wear premium diapers (for now at least), when you do start letting go you will flood your diapers. If they leak too often or too much then you may inadvertently create a second mental block to just letting go.

I've been wearing nearly non stop for just over a week now but I still have a problem relaxing enough to use my diaper! Anybody have any tips and tricks?

I've found that running water, drinking and sitting up or standing still helps but I would really like to be able to relax those muscles more naturally, It's frustrating having a full bladder and having to tense up some other muscles or stop and hold my breath to go.

Try looking at my thread, The Holy Grail, under incon desires.

Also, wetting a little bit proves to you that it is okay to wet.

Thanks for the tips! I will keep on trying. I don't want to be incontinent, but over the last week I've taken baby steps toward wearing 24/7 for the next three months. I've started changing discreetly at work, and today I wore during my workout in the gym for the second time ever. Changing my pants in the locker room while diapered was a first! I'll show those darn muscle reflexes who's boss!

Just watch out. You don't want to regress too much. Then you'll find the urge to control your bladder that much harder in the future. From personal experience I find that I can wet quite easily when I 'know' I'm wearing a diaper. When I'm not wearing and have to go....and then see the toilet or start to get close to one, then the urge to pee comes on incredibly strong and it takes everything I have to avoid wet pants....

My solution? Just wear diapers all the time. No worries then :D

Exactly, you can find the opposite problem, if having to be part-time in diapers, and part-time back in non-diapered mode, the urge I find can come on a lot quicker, and be a lot more 'urgent', if I've had several days (about ever as much as I get chance to do at a time at the moment), in diapers, the day or two after the diapered period, I have to really respond quickly to any urge to get myself along to the bathroom to pee... was diapered yesterday, and today I'm defiantely finding that I'm having to dash up to the toilet as soon as I feel the slightest urge, for me, at least, at the moment, 24/7 diaper wear, isn't something I can do, and I'm not entirely sure I want to effectily make myself incontinent anyhow, as yet...

Time is the best answer. Few can get comfy with it quickly since you're overcoming a lifetime habit. Resolve to end up here no matter how long it takes and don't exceed your personal speed limits.

-Avoid dryness by wetting as soon as you put a diaper on. When you're already wet there is no logic in trying to stay dry :)

-Sit on (or stand at) the toilet diapered till you go. The location makes it easier to do since that's the usual.

-Create safety. Either know your diaper's capacity and absorbency rate, or have matching pants and a change on hand :)

-Work on this at safe places where you can stop to relax or change without fear of discovery.

-Caffeine or beer. Lots of water beforehand gets your body started in the right direction. (I've quit alcohol :girl_happy:)

-Learn to love being wet. When it's time to do laundry, wear a cloth diaper in the bath/shower or undies and pants similarly.

-Wet for warmth. Wear thin or no pants, but with the rest bundled well and don't let the diaper become cold.

-Stay wet. Don't change till you have to. Make being wet your 'normal' condition :)

-Find your 'triggers'. Running water etc, but don't overdo it and become dependent on them.

-Make it natural. If you have to 'push-start' then do that as you would do at a toilet, standing or sitting.

-Reward yourself. No more ____ till you've had a full wetting, then indulge while relishing in it.

-Punish yourself. Something that is uncomfortable or hurts stays on or with you till a good wetting happens.

-Focus your mind. Ay every chance keep telling yourself you want to wet your diapers :)

-Reminders. Put something you can or will connect with diapers at the things you see or touch a lot.

-Other reminders. Keep a DD page open in the background every time you go online and do it manually so you know it's there.

-Forced reminders. A note on your PC, hang a diaper on your doorknob etc. Make yourself deal with it.

-Scoreboard. On a calender put the number of good wettings daily and improve that.

-Force it to happen. Not the actual wetting- just stay diapered and no toilets allowed every time you can :)

-Happiness. Wet only when you feel safe about it and have a moment to stop and gloat on the good feelings.

-Hypnosis.The 'warp my mind' freebie audio files and techniques can help. Start slow to avoid creating fear about the results :)

-Know yourself. Make sure you really want this and don't try to do more than you know you want to.

-Know yourself more. If you like being 'controlled', go one step further than you want to until you "learn your lesson" :)

-Humiliation. If so inclined something small but visible that says "diaper" or "AB" goes on and stays until a good wetting.

-Make it fun. Add something to the pleasure: colorful plastic panties, add a diaper pin, a sticker you like. :)

-Make it impossible to not diaper. Dispose of all your other underwear forever and replace the drawer-space with diapers.

-Lock it in. Duct tape your diaper on so you can't easily pee any other way.

-Don't rush. You have the rest of your life to do this so go at a comfortable pace.

-Don't worry about losing bladder control. It won't happen anytime in the next decade unless you really want it.

-Know you can wear, then wear as much as you can. Incontinent's wear 24/7 without issues and so can you :D

The smileys are on the ones that helped me most of all :) The last one ( :D ) is what gave me the courage to go 24/7 and after a few years with no insurmountable problems I can and do wear constantly and I love it :wub: Getting started is the hard part. Once you have your first good and comfortable wetting it becomes easier each time thereafter. Expect the comfort and results to vary until you get it down pat. If your aim is to go 24/7 then just do it now; one big step works better than baby steps here B)Most important of all is the 'safety net': a ready change and prepared solutions for any foreseeable problems, such as explaining yourself if someone finds out, does more for your comfort and relaxation than anything else.

If you're ready for something, it cannot be a problem. That alone will best help you become relaxed more than anything else because now that you know nothing bad can possibly happen, the rest must be all good, so relax and enjoy yourself- you're worth it! ;)

Bettypooh

• Like 1

Just watch out. You don't want to regress too much. Then you'll find the urge to control your bladder that much harder in the future. From personal experience I find that I can wet quite easily when I 'know' I'm wearing a diaper. When I'm not wearing and have to go....and then see the toilet or start to get close to one, then the urge to pee comes on incredibly strong and it takes everything I have to avoid wet pants....

My solution? Just wear diapers all the time. No worries then :D

Sir, replace toilets with urinals and you have my attention.

I'm still quite new to the whole diaper thing, so not sure yet if the 24/7 thing is the route I want to go, but so far, definately the case for me, that after the first few times, wetting, it was suddenly so easy and 'natural', to the point when after a day or two alone, with time to diaper-up, going back to not wetting felt a little odd already... I wonder how quick one can totally flip back to the un-potty-trained point..