LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper Shortage Coming

Perhaps the chemical plant recently damaged by fire in Japan actually does make 20% of an ingredient of SAP. The fact is there are no public records, so who knows?

One news report states that all other producers of SAP are at maximum capacity, which is no way close to being true. Perhaps in Japan, but the reporters never asked about Mexico and Latin/South America. That region has major SAP reserves.

Keep on listening for a release of Size 8 diapers by P&G. Stop and think: When did P&G introduce any new feature on Baby Dry before such features had been used on Cruisers for years?

To manufacture the Cruisers Size 7 Pampers had to perfect a new-style diaper making machine. By all reports that kind of machine could make disposables both wider and longer than Size 7. According to diaper industry insiders, the crushing lack of interest by parents for Size 7 caused P&G to suspend R&D into larger sizes of baby diapers. KCCW also stopped development of Huggies larger than current Size 6 although by all accounts thet built larger machines.

P&G sells Pampers and Baby Dry in many countries. Under the contract P&G signed when they sold the North America rights and plant making Attends, P&G cannot re-enter the adult diaper business in North America. P&G can and does make and sell Attends in other countries, as well as several other brands of adult diapers. Under other brand names in those foreign markets the same plants making Pampers and Baby Dry do make baby/toddler diapers larger than Size 7.

Here in North America the actual product is "Pampers Under-Jams" The smaller size of those is also labeled "Size 8" in small type. The Under-Jams L/XL are labeled "Size 9" also in small type.

I heard there was going to be a worldwide bacon shortage the other day. good thing that was a hoax! Luckily, I have converted to a love for all types of diapers. If they stop making disposables, I'll still be covered.

One news report states that all other producers of SAP are at maximum capacity, which is no way close to being true. Perhaps in Japan, but the reporters never asked about Mexico and Latin/South America. That region has major SAP reserves.
I think that the report in question was very poorly worded. If I had to guess, I'd say that the 20% was really 20% of the SAP for Asia or the Pacific region. I highly doubt that any shortage caused by this will affect the U.S. or other western nations. KCWW and P&G probably already get their SAP from Mexico and Latin/South America. Pampers and Huggies are Made in the USA, so this would certainly make sense.

Here in North America the actual product is "Pampers Under-Jams" The smaller size of those is also labeled "Size 8" in small type. The Under-Jams L/XL are labeled "Size 9" also in small type.
Actually, the smaller size (S/M) is labeled "Size 7" and the larger size (L/XL) is labeled "Size 8." Nothing that I've seen is labeled "Size 9."

Just like the price of oil, this is just another way for the powers that be to get a price increase for their products across the board. The cost of diapers will increase and they'll use this incident as the excuse to do it.

I'm more worried about how much the price will increase rather than a shortage of diapers.....